Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2013 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Denis322

From what I remember, the following came up on it:
    Differentiate First principle - Sinx
    First question on the paper was a straight forward x,y,z simultaneous eq.
    Question 1 and 2 were handy, but from then on I found it got pretty bad
    Question 3 was a complex numbers question:
    Use De Moivre's theorm on z=1
    Integration: area between a curve, cant remember the exact Q but the curve had no marking on the graph, it said y=(x+3) on the curve y=(x+4)(x+ ),
    again I can't remember the exact details, but you should be able to handle it

<no requests>

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lisamocks2013

katieexo wrote: »
    does anyone know whats coming up for DEB geography (HL) ??

Geography DEB HL:
    a girl told me it was this but dont take my word for it:)
    Karst region explain a landform like stalagmite
    Plate movement and formation of fold mountains
    Formation of 2 igneous rocks
    Effect of earthquakes
    Explain any one landform development e.g waterfall
    Human interaction with rock cycle e.g quarrying
    Manufacturing in Ireland (2 regions)
    Population distribution in non irish region
    Impact of e.u on Ireland (not sure if we did that)
    Development of urban area in India
    Historic settlement with evidence from map
    Population distribution/density non Irish region
    And elective-biome

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Do not post in this thread unless you have a spoiler regarding a paper, along with the level of that paper, the company that issued it and appropriate spoiler tags.

Do not post requests.

This thread will be closed if people do not abide by these rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KayleighRyan13

HL Home Ec DEB
    All I know is Lipids is the big question on the HL Home Ec and Poverty is the elective question! :) exam company is DEB ;) Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TheOxChamp

Sorry can't remember everything but the line was mixed in with other questions. The question where you had to find the equation of the circle, there were 4 circles and 2 lines that were tangents to all of them. There was probability in the question where you had to find the volume of the boxes of chocolates. It was like 'If you pull out 3 chocs then what is the probability of getting a white choc, a milk choc and a dark choc.'
    That's all I can remember!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The 'blocked out' posts are what should be all over this thread. They are people giving you spoilers.
    They are much easier see without the 'what company is it?' 'what's on OL English?' posts, which is why we are deleting those.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭kayleigh01

Its a stupid ****ing rule how are we supposed to ask questions who even are you?

Wow calm down. If spurious wasn't moderating all of this we wouldn't be able to find ANYTHING. There's a reason for the stupid rules okay.

Thanks Kayleigh.
    I'm aware most of the trouble is being caused by newly regged people. They don't bother reading the rules and don't know how things work here.

The only way to run this thread is to have it clearly ONLY for spoiler information.
    That's what myself and QueenofLeon are trying to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Tanga1

Maths DEB HL:

i think i got extra details on the maths hl

deb
    q1 - couldnt answer cuz we havent done it but it was on venn diagram mostly

q2 - havent done as well cuz we didnt do it yet

q3 - your give 2 lines intersecting. you have to find angle between them (angle formula). then it says another line was interesting the first line at the same angle. you use the formula again and get the equation.

q4 - 4 circles touching 2 tangents. your give the tangent eq.+ centre of 1 of the circles. u first find the e.q. of first circle (perpendicular distance formula). then u have to say what kind of transformation were used to find the other centres as a image of the first centre.u have to describe what kind of transformation for each of the other 3 circles. what i said was that the first was tranformed in terms of X(i.e one of the tangents) and the other under Y (i.e. the other tangent) then one of them was (central symmetry or tranfsormed at the intersection of the 2 tangents). lastly u have to find 2 eq. circles that all the other 4 centres of the circles touch. i could only get 1. u have to use the intersection of the tangents coordinates and then find the distance from the intersection to any of the 4 centres and then use that as the radius.

q5 - was trig. u have to say how sin2x = 2sinacosa. u then have to solve a eq. on something like sin2a - cos a where u change sin2a to 2sinacosa then take out cos a i believe. then solve individually. u then draw a graph of sin x and
    sin 2x

q6 - what is an axiom and a theorem definition.? and the theorem was on triangle being divided in the ration s:t

q7 - given a box with 6x4 circles (chocolates). the circles where actually cylinders because u where give the height as 0.75cm. then u get the internal volume of the box. u where then give a different box (same height) with the circles arranged in a different way. u have to find the volume again and say it is less then the other. u then had to say how much they saved each year if it costs €8 each box and they bought 150k of them. u do this by getting a ratio of the volumes something like 1:0.95 and find the total cost of each.

q8 - draw an enlargement of a 2cm pentagon to a 6cm pentagon. u then have to find the area of the 2cm with a bit of a trick using triangles (not hard!). then u have to find the area of another 6cm polygon (kinda forgot the details on this. u then were give someone else's way of finding it and u have to say what each part was (the formula was 9 x 5 x (1/2)(2)(1.7)(sin108). so 9 stands for the scale factor. 5 for the number of sides of the triangle (to get area of whole polygon). and 1.7 was another side and sin108 was the angle between sides. then u where told that he wants to get tiles for a 6mx8m floor and it has to have 10% extra of total and only sold in boxes of 60. then in the same way it says they only have polygon tiles of 5cm so u find area and so on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JackJoeJill

Tanga1 wrote: »
    i think i got extra details on the maths hl

examcraft
    q1 - couldnt answer cuz we havent done it but it was on venn diagram mostly

q2 - havent done as well cuz we didnt do it yet

q3 - your give 2 lines intersecting. you have to find angle between them (angle formula). then it says another line was interesting the first line at the same angle. you use the formula again and get the equation.

q4 - 4 circles touching 2 tangents. your give the tangent eq.+ centre of 1 of the circles. u first find the e.q. of first circle (perpendicular distance formula). then u have to say what kind of transformation were used to find the other centres as a image of the first centre.u have to describe what kind of transformation for each of the other 3 circles. what i said was that the first was tranformed in terms of X(i.e one of the tangents) and the other under Y (i.e. the other tangent) then one of them was (central symmetry or tranfsormed at the intersection of the 2 tangents). lastly u have to find 2 eq. circles that all the other 4 centres of the circles touch. i could only get 1. u have to use the intersection of the tangents coordinates and then find the distance from the intersection to any of the 4 centres and then use that as the radius.

q5 - was trig. u have to say how sin2x = 2sinacosa. u then have to solve a eq. on something like sin2a - cos a where u change sin2a to 2sinacosa then take out cos a i believe. then solve individually. u then draw a graph of sin x and
    sin 2x

q6 - what is an axiom and a theorem definition.? and the theorem was on triangle being divided in the ration s:t

q7 - given a box with 6x4 circles (chocolates). the circles where actually cylinders because u where give the height as 0.75cm. then u get the internal volume of the box. u where then give a different box (same height) with the circles arranged in a different way. u have to find the volume again and say it is less then the other. u then had to say how much they saved each year if it costs €8 each box and they bought 150k of them. u do this by getting a ratio of the volumes something like 1:0.95 and find the total cost of each.

q8 - draw an enlargement of a 2cm pentagon to a 6cm pentagon. u then have to find the area of the 2cm with a bit of a trick using triangles (not hard!). then u have to find the area of another 6cm polygon (kinda forgot the details on this. u then were give someone else's way of finding it and u have to say what each part was (the formula was 9 x 5 x (1/2)(2)(1.7)(sin108). so 9 stands for the scale factor. 5 for the number of sides of the triangle (to get area of whole polygon). and 1.7 was another side and sin108 was the angle between sides. then u where told that he wants to get tiles for a 6mx8m floor and it has to have 10% extra of total and only sold in boxes of 60. then in the same way it says they only have polygon tiles of 5cm so u find area and so on again.

I did this paper today and it was deb paper no the exacraft paper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 siobhan.17

Just did English P1 and Home Ec.today. Both HL and DEBS papers.

English DEB HL:
    Text 1 - Question (B) Write a talk you would give to a group of LC students in which you attempt to inspire them to make the most of their lives.

Text 2 - Question (B) Imagine you are a reporter from your local newspaper and you wish to interview Orla (the person the comp is about). Write a proposal to your editor in which you explain why you want to interview this person, giving an outline of the areas you hope to explore in the course of the interview.

Text 3 - Question (B) Write two diary entries that Seán (comp), might have written: one about his life when he was a young person and another about his life wen he was a parent with young children. Your writing should relate to his experiences in as described in the text.

Composing-
    1. Write a personal essay about a time in your life where you had to remain positive.
    2. Write an opinion piece for a popular magazine entitled: "Young people today have lost their individuality"
    3. "...the pain of saying goodbye and moving on" Write a short story inspired by the above phrase.
    4. Write a speech on the issue of freedom of speech.
    5. Write a personal essay in which you explore aspects of modern life and what you don't understand.
    6. Article for school magazine on importance of hopes and dreams.
    7. Write a ghost story where the setting plays a significant role.

Home Ec DEB HL:
    Can't remember exactly about the short questions but you should know about; structure of amino acid, micro-organisms, food processor, non statuary deductions, environment pollution, meat, protein, vitamin B (Thiamin), functions of water.
    Long Questions
    Q1. Based on 2 cereals and you have to compare. Part (B) is on lipids and can't remember the rest.
    Q2. Oesteropris
    Q3 & 4 Were on consumer studies etc.
    Q5 Was on Family/ Marriage etc.
    Elective 3
    Voluntary orginsation, voluntary work in community

Hope this helps! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mscool

Denis322 wrote: »

Maths Examcraft HL:

From what I remember, the following came up on it:
    Differentiate First principle - Sinx
    First question on the paper was a straight forward x,y,z simultaneous eq.
    Question 1 and 2 were handy, but from then on I found it got pretty bad
    Question 3 was a complex numbers question:
    Use De Moivre's theorm on z=1
    Integration: area between a curve, cant remember the exact Q but the curve had no marking on the graph, it said y=(x+3) on the curve y=(x+4)(x+ ),
    again I can't remember the exact details, but you should be able to handle it

All Examcraft

Maths Examcraft HL:

Thank you :D Our teacher told us there's a
    proof of induction? Can you remember it?
    Anything on paper 2?
    hard section on trig i heard!
    If you had a few spoilers it would be great :)

HL Examcraft History, our teacher strongly hinted at
    use of propaganda in Nazi Germany and rise of Fascism in Europe in interwar period
    Hope this helps you, will have more when i do the paper!

mscool wrote: »
    Thank you :D Our teacher told us there's a
    proof of induction? Can you remember it?
    Anything on paper 2?
    hard section on trig i heard!
    If you had a few spoilers it would be great :)

HL Examcraft History, our teacher strongly hinted at
    use of propaganda in Nazi Germany and rise of Fascism in Europe in interwar period
    Hope this helps you, will have more when i do the paper!

History Examcraft HL:

Thanks! I'd heard something about the
    propaganda essay
    coming up so thanks for confirming it!

Maths Examcraft HL:

I do definitely remember there
    being induction on the paper, can't remember exactly what as we haven't done it yet, we had a different piece added in

Not doing Paper 2 until thursday and will update then as well as economics tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ILoveDance

candyshan wrote: »

Music Examcraft HL:

can you say what was asked on
    barry ? any irish music questions questions?

Music Examcraft HL:
    i really dont know wat part came up in barry, i dont pay attention in that set work, i hate it! . . . as for the irish questions, hornpipe was the dance tune , and the essay was a group perfomer

Thanks to those who have been following the rules. Thanks especially to new posters who are posting spoilers. I think people can actually find things now.

Just to repeat (for those who don't read the rules):
    Do not post in this thread unless you have a spoiler regarding a paper, along with the level of that paper, the company that issued it and appropriate spoiler tags.

Do not post requests, they will be deleted. Please use the search function.

This thread will be closed if people do not abide by these rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Really there should be two threads for the mocks, a discussion thread and a spoiler thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 likeimtheonly

Hey just wondering does anyone know about HL DEBS History

all i know is
    Apprentice boys of Derry

Please :)
    i did ordinary maths paper one:
    complex number, first principle, chain, product, quotient, and sequences

fbrady wrote: »
    Hey anybody have spoilers for DEB HL Art History paper? Much appreciated! I have already sat DEB HL english 1&2 and HL home economics if anyone has questions

Why don't you post the spoilers for Home Ec and English then?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Leahxo

spurious wrote: »
    Why don't you post the spoilers for Home Ec and English then?

Is there a point in him doing so when English P1&P2 and Home EC spoilers have already been posted? You said yourself to make use of the 'search' button so...

Leahxo wrote: »
    Is there a point in him doing so when English P1&P2 and Home EC spoilers have already been posted? You said yourself to make use of the 'search' button so...

The whole paper has not been posted in either subject, but if you would rather people just post here that they have sat the exam but won't help others, then that's fine.
    This thread is fast becoming a pain in the neck the mods don't need.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

There's some real troublemakers on here tonight. :P

Is the Examcraft Maths Paper the one with 9 questions instead of 8 on Paper 1? Can anyone confirm this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hindugirl123

Art History:
    We were told bronze age, edgar degas and a gallery question :)

Isco wrote: »
    Sorry first time poster and last time I will post text but if one of a school's papers was a DEBS paper are the rest likely to be DEBS too? Kind of confused

It's not guaranteed, but it's more than likely for the vast majority of schools.

Dealing with two companies for the one 'product' causes some problems in terms of orders for VEC schools, so VEC schools will generally get them from one supplier.

Of course it's possible a school could split their order, but in real life this is a bit of a pain.

There's always the possibility teachers might set their own papers, which is what myself and some colleagues do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Can anyone confirm if
    bishop, Cultural context and Lady Macbeth
    came up on DEB HL english

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JackJoeJill

Can anyone confirm if
    bishop, Cultural context and Lady Macbeth
    came up on DEB HL english

English DEB HL:

Yup. It did

J95 wrote: »
    I'm sorry I don't mean to break the rules but can someone please help me with HL Geography (DEB) ?? I'm so stressed : ( I would really appreciate it.
    Leahxo wrote: »
    There's a lot of DEB Geography (HL) posted on Page 18. Just look back :)

When I get a chance, I will delete all the 'asking posts' that are throwing up false results in the search forum facility. Maybe another mod on later tonight might do it.

Apologies for them until I get round to deleting them, I know it's annoying when you think you've found loads of spoilers and it's all posts asking the same question.

I have given loooads of tips. Can someone please PLEASE tell me something about the chemistry HL deb paper?? Pleasee

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82946411&postcount=202

• Registered Users Posts: 14 RepeatToWin

DEB HL IRISH PAPER 1
    Aiste/Alt Nuachtain/Irise
    a;ceol- a thabhacht i saol an duine
    b; na dushlain is mo inar sochai inniu
    c; mna na hEireann - is mor an dul chun cinn ata deanta acu
    d; rath na gCluichi Oilimpeacha Speisialta anuraidh
    e; eacht airithe a rinne ár scoil.

Sceal
    a; an rud is annamh is iontach
    b; mi-adh

Diospoireacht/ Oraid
    a; scriobh an chaint a dheanfa i ndiospoireacht scoile ar son an ruin seo a leanas no ina aghaidh; 'ta se in am don Roinn Oideachas coras nua a chur in ait choras na bpointi'
    b; iarradh ort piosa cainte a thabhairt ag cruinniu muinteoiri, tuismitheoiri agus scolairi sa scoil ar an teama; 'tabhact na Gaeilge d'aos og na tire seo.' scriobh piosa cainte a thabharfa ag an gcruinniu sin

Hope this helps, this is everything off the paper.. <no requests>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

spurious wrote: »
    When I get a chance, I will delete all the 'asking posts' that are throwing up false results in the search forum facility. Maybe another mod on later tonight might do it.

Apologies for them until I get round to deleting them, I know it's annoying when you think you've found loads of spoilers and it's all posts asking the same question.

The majority of them are deleted now.

• Advertisement

English Examcraft Paper 1:

I haven't seen anybody post about Question B's on English paper one Examcraft, so here they are.
    Text 1: Write a letter to Fintan O'Toole in response to this article, commenting on the points made and outlining your suggestions for got objects you feel respresent life in Ireland in the 21st century
    Text 2: Imagine you are a member of the student council of your school and you have been asked to make a proposal on how to mark the 50th anniversary of the opening of your school. Write the speech you would deliver to the whole school putling your proposal.
    Text 3: Write an article for your school website advising students on the importance of studying History.

I think all of the Compositions were already posted

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement