Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2013 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kerriann95

paddy995 wrote: »
    Did HL Art history exam today. 1 Question from each section.
    Spoiler:
    Section 1 ' Art in Ireland '
    During the bronze age Ireland was one of the largest producers of gold objects in western Europe. Describe and discuss any two named gold objects from this period specific reference to their form, function and decoration. AND discuss briefly the techniques used in their production including the sourcing of raw material. ' Illustrate your answer '

Section 2 'European Art '
    Edgar Degas (1834-1917) combined unusual compositions and an interest in different media to create work which set him apart from other 19th century artists. Discus this statement with detailed reference to his paintings in which is illustrated on the accompanying sheet ( it was ' Two ballet dancers in a Dressing room ) and name and briefly discus one other painting. ' Illustrate your answer'

Section 3 ' Appreciation of Art '
    This selection and placement of furniture in a room impacts on the users activities and overall well being. Discuss this statement with reference to any chair or sofa. Refer your answer to materials , designs , functions and health and safety. AND briefly describe how you would go developing a design for a complementary table. ' Illustrate you answers ' .
    THAT'S DEB BTW.

Hope that helps someone ;)
    <snip>
    Thanks.

Art History:

OMG that's deb are you sure ?:O , my teacher told us that
    brochures and leaflets was coming up in the appreciation q'n
    ugh furious !

• Registered Users Posts: 7 adrianrrr1994

Ryansarah wrote: »
    hey i seen there is more than six q.s for the long q's is there more to chpose from even though u only do four

Biology Examcraft:

Yeah because on question 14 and 15 there is an a,b and c

and u only do 2

so there is a good few topics that come up!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hongalway

Lads in fairness this thing is a bit all over the place..fair play to everyone that's posting but not telling whether its Debs/examcraft and HL/OL is causing serious confusion!
    All I'm looking for is higher level business and geography examcraft papers if anyone knows..

• Registered Users Posts: 32 cremeeggeater

Dán:
    Mó Ghrá Sa(idir Lubini), learn the poet, how its a modern poem and can't remember the last bit
    Prós:
    Oisín i dTír na nÓg, learns traits of bealiodís

An Tríaíl:
    false christianity

Leamhthuiscint:
    Be able to recognise the módh c., aimsir gnáthchaite and uimhir ionra and uimhir onsomething or other (you can tell I did well in the question) Also revise the styles of writing and their features

I know a lot of this has probarley been mentioned before but as the thread is so disjointed I thought I'd confirm everything and put down the bits of the questions I remembered

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Tanga1

Just did the German and I can tell you now none of what someone posted came up. It had (no barcodes) but the listening did have 1. Well I guess I shouldn't trust these spoilers anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 CorAndo_x

laurrra wrote: »
    Does anybody know does
    biship and mahon
    come up on both HL mock papers?
    It was on my Examcraft paper

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Geography EXAMCRAFT:
    Short Qs; know earthquakes, mass movement, plate tectonics, regions etc.
    Long Qs; only posting what I did.
    Physical - Answer short qs on plate tectonics.
    The development of an Irish feature of erosion/deposition.
    The formation of igneous rocks in Ireland.

Regional - they give you a graph to draw. Then manufacturing in an Irish region and compare tertiary activities in 2 EU regions.

Human - short q (can't remember) question to prove how the OS map (Ballina) is a nodal point.
    Examine migrationin Ireland over the past 100 years.

Geoecology - examine characteristics of a biome you have studied

The exam is really stuck for time, i had to leave out a 30M essay.
    <snip>
    I also did HL maths p1 today but i think that's been posted already but I'll post if someone wants!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Trevor94

Ag Science HL Debs
    Q1. Know weights of new born animals/weeds/fungi/plants/crops

Q2. Separation and sedimentation of soils
    Trace elements in soils and deficiency diseases
    Describe an experiment to compare the drainage of sandy and clay soils.

Q3. Know milk yields and draw that graph

Q3. Option 2
    Characteristics of an ewe being selected for flushing
    Husbandry factors that contribute to lamb mortality
    Environmental and feeding practices in rearing weaners

Q4. Experiments:
    -number of earthworms in a pasture
    -rate of transpiration of a plant
    -% sugar in sample of grass
    -% water and solids in milk

Q5. CLOVER!!
    Carbon cycle
    Outline the practices involved in producing good quality silage.

Q6. Crops

Q7. The Usual Genetics questions
    Describe and diagram the arrangement of the chromosomes in a cell with a diploid number of 4 @ metaphase of mitosis.

Q8. Disease control and feeding calves.
    Sheep and oestrogen sponges
    Breathing system -lungs

Q9. Formation of butyric acid silage
    Red water fever
    Development of peat over podzol soil
    Leader follower system
    The practice of sowing ryegrass varieties with different heading out dates
    in a seed mixture of grazing.
    Hope this helps someone :)
    <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Echec

Since I unceremoniously robbed several tips from here already, I believe that it is now my time to foot the bill.

I just had the DEB Higher Level Biology mock paper - and here's what I can recall from it!

Short questions:
    1. Food.
    2. Ecology (draw a pyramid of numbers.)
    3. DNA and RNA.
    4. Organelle of a plant cell.
    5. The roots of a plant and water.
    6. T/S of spine, neurons.

Experiment questions:
    1. Limitations of the scientific method and ecology experiment.
    2. Enzyme immobilisation.
    3. Rate of photosynthesis experiment. (Elodea.)

Long questions:
    1. Plant biology (didn't answer.)
    2. Evolution and genetics. (Genetic cross.)
    3. Ecology. (Quantitative survey, pollutant.)
    4. Respiration and yeast.
    5. Kidneys, blood and liver.
    6. Human defense system, draw a diagram of the female reproductive system and the skeleton.

Apologies if this information is too vague, but unfortunately it's all I can remember from the paper.

Best of luck and I hope you do better than I did :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Tanga1 wrote: »
    Just did the German and I can tell you now none of what someone posted came up. It had (no barcodes) but the listening did have 1. Well I guess I shouldn't trust these spoilers anymore.

Every year we get idiots who deliberately post false information.

Maybe if things had been a little less wearisome for the mods having to delete all the requests, people might have spotted errors.

I know I deleted a post with false information because I happened to have seen the paper involved and knew they were lying.

I'm sorry they misled you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 mayrocks7

HL FRENCH EXAMCRAFT :
    Comprehension: 1 about a town that lack facilities for young people, and other other about the hunger games(easy)

Q1: Education is the key to success in Ireland give your responce.

Q2: Email and Journal for journal: you are annoyed at tour parents because they always want to be with you for diner and vacation
    you need more freedom!...

Q3: opinion on tablets replacing books

Q4: Opinion on 35% of young people watching TV
    Opinion on the dangers of drugs

I found it was a pretty easy paper overall goodluck

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lisamocks2013

laurrra wrote: »
    Does anybody know does
    biship and mahon
    come up on both HL mock papers?

English HL:

it cam up in my DEBS one

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mariebob20

English:
    Bishop
    came up on both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mayrocks7

mariebob20 wrote: »
    Anyone have any biology hints :)

Examcraft Biology HL:
    short qs: photosynthesis, axins, homoeostasis ,--(cant remember teh rest right now ) i did it a few days ago

experiments: enzymes ex, yeast alcohol and photosynthesis, growth regulator (agar disc),

long: genetics, ecology, the eye respiration bacteria, reproduction female plant transport

• Registered Users Posts: 1 arcanine

Geography:

i know that the
    characteristics of the biome
    came up

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭VincentLeB

German DEB HL:

So this is what I would have killed for last night: German Higher Level (HL) DEB Written Paper:

TEXT 1

I couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was about. It was about some girl visiting her aunt. I think she may have had a life-threatening disease of something.

GRAMMAR

Relative Pronouns (decide whether singular or plural, give the gender as appropriate, and then the case)

Write the verbs in the present tense. Fairly standard stuff.

TEXT 2

Was something to do with the problems associated with the internet and social media for children and teenagers. I thought it was fairly manageable.

ÄUßERUNG

There were two headings:

1. Internet als Fach

There was like a picture of a group or something. I didn't focus on this one, sorry.

2. Internet Profil

There was a picture of like iPads and iPhones and you had to describe what was in it in the usual three or four sentences.

I think you had to say what information you gave on your profile (which overlapped with the letter).

You had to give three proposals for internet safety (I'm really not certain of this).

And then three examples of something...

For this, there's a lot you can take from TEXT 2 without understanding it, but definitely cover the area of Facebook, internet communication, social media, etc.

LETTER QUESTIONS

Do you and your family play Euromillions?

Is there an Irish lotto?

What would you do if you won the lotto? Tell me!

Do you have a Facebook profile?

What information about yourself do you put on it?

Do you spend more time on the PC or watching TV?

Do you play computer games?

Is there atomic energy in Ireland?

Was do you think of it?

Are you eco-friendly?

Sorry, I didn't look at anything else. I tried to write a lot down on my hand, but the supervising teacher gave me a really funny look so I had to stop. If you have any specific questions, reply to this and I'll try and jog my memory! XD

Hope this helps a few people!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 leaving cert is fun

FRENCH OL EXAMCRAFT
    french was comprehensions were hard there was one on some beach in they city of france and there was one were a boy wanted to change his name.fill in the blanks was easy and the cv is the same as previous years.the two letters i did were your parents are having there 25th wedding anniversary talk about the party and the other you were in holidays somewere with your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭En

Examcraft Maths P1 HL
    I found it very difficult, might have scraped an A if I'm lucky..

These might not be in the correct order as I had to hand up the paper at the end but yeah, spoilers are spoilers ^^

Q1 was a simultaneous equations question with 3 equations, followed by Factors and long division ( i think ) and then a simplification where you just had to factorize everything and multiply and stuff started cancelling

Q2 Sequences and series question, investigate whether a series was arithmetic or geometric, simple enough
    Another question was something along the lines of If Tn-1 = (Tn)^2 - 3n and T1 = 1 find T5. I plugged in the numbers and got 13 but i'm not 100% sure I did it right

There was a proof of induction of the division type, something along the lines of prove n^2 +2n is divisible by 3

The financial mathematics was complete balls and I got none of it bar the easy part a, but it had something to do with amortisian formula and questions based on that.

For the practical applications there was an easy question on a man riding a bicycle with from a distance away from a marker and 3 graphs on distance vs time.

There was an arithmetic question on the physics formula g = gm/d^2, very difficult question if you havn't done physics, especially the part 3 which I'm 90 percent sure even the people in my physics class didn't get. My tip is to not be afraid of getting ridiculous numbers in your answers, and if you get around 8~ for the g for second part you're on the right track

The calculus was differentiate sinx from first principles and to differentiate something inside a sq root. There was a really strange question on newton raphson theorem that I didn't get because the initial part was phrased strangely - something to do with finding two consequtive integers within the boundaries for x in an inequality? the nraphson part of the question was very handy though.... just you had to get the first part out to even be able to attempt the second part.

The complex numbers question was very generous, i think it was find the roots of z^3 = 1, tip arg = 0 and r = 1
    a couple more complex number manipulation questions and a question with conjugates game up

Integration was very simple, last question asked you to find the area under a curve cut by a line, could have caught you off guard if you didnt no your stuff. Tip, y=0 where graph cuts the x axis and the points where the line and the curve meet can be found by subbing in expressions in y or x. Also, half the base by the height is the formula for area of a triangle!
    I think the hardest question on the integration was integrate cos^3 x , you had to separate it into cosx(1-sin^2 x) i think.

Chances are a lot of people failed this. You MUST practice, there is no way out of the real exam. I can't stress this enough lads, reading the spoilers will ruin the entire paper for you. If you STILL do badly even after reading the spoilers... well, you know yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mariebob20

Geography Examcraft HL:
    Short questions were hard enough.. Know your plate tectonics region definitions pressure symbols on a map, things such as arête and cirques describe a picture shown after a tsunami.. Physical question that I answered was the first one.. Part one was plate tectonics, part two was an Irish landform - erosion or deposition and the last part was formation of igneous rocks.. The regional I answered was firstly draw a bar chart, secondly secondary processes in an Irish region, 3rd was a teritary process in two European regions.. The human was overpopulation and urbanisation in cities and the geoecology was human interference on soils, characteristics of a biome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Denis322

spurious wrote: »
    I know from ordering the mock papers in our school that Feb 4th is the most popular starting date for schools. It is the week we start ours too.
    Feel free to delete this, but I'm just curious to know if schools do the whole mocks in one week, or do they split them up over mid term? :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Denis322 wrote: »
    Feel free to delete this, but I'm just curious to know if schools do the whole mocks in one week, or do they split them up over mid term? :)

There's no hard and fast rule.

Some split them either side of the mocks, especially if the teachers are correcting them themselves and it gives a bit of a breather between Junior and Leaving.

Some sit slightly shortened exams and instruct students to leave out a question as the course has not been fully covered. All sorts of combinations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭007driver

wazzaroon wrote: »
    Construction drawing anyone please???

Construction DEB:

did it on tuesday
    deb
    fireplace

• Registered Users Posts: 14 RepeatToWin

Can anyone tell me if
    any form of reproduction
    came up for biology?

Biology DEB HL:
    Female reproductive system HL DEB

• Registered Users Posts: 7 K695

I have sat
    English HL paper 1&2
    Home.ec HL
    Geography HL
    Maths paper 1 HL
    all DEB btw,
    let me know if you want any spoilers! :)

roxyos wrote: »
    Hi Could you please tell me me the English Paper 2 and Home ec papers please :) Thanks

Whats your single text?

English DEB HL Paper 2:
    Poets are Bishop (her vivid imagery, people and places) Plath, Mahon and Worthsworth. Unseen poem is Starting school O1: (i)Choose your favourite image and why it appeals to you (ii) what impression do you get of the poet? The comparative questions were Theme and Issue and Cultural Context. I done theme and issue, 1. using your comparative texts explain how your were drawn more into the narrative. With reference to atleast two texts on your course.

Home Ec DEB HL:
    Short questions were a variety, there was one on the structure of an amino acid, properties of thiamine, what minerals are found in certain foods, the biological functions of water, 2 functions of an bord bia, labeling the structure of mean, explain with a clear soup and a broth is, 2 mandatoru deductions than can be taken from a persons salary, two harmful things being done to the environment.
    Long questions: Q1. was on lipids, you had to compare 4 different cereals, than write an account of lipids refering to chemical structure, cis and trans fatty acids and biological functions. Than say what problems are related to a diet full of saturated fat. Why irish people are suffereing from malnurtition
    Q2. was about osteoporosis. You had to write an account referring to risk factors, a definition of it and the symptoms. Than write about how to reduce your risk of getting the disease. Finally you had to design a menu for a main meal for a person suffering with the disease.
    O3. was about comparing cereals
    O4. was about microbiology and food spoilage
    O5. was on marriage you had to give a definition and explain two cultural differences. Than write terms for a legally binding marriage in ireland. and finally explain family mediation in the role of someone looking for divorce/seperation.
    I done the social elective it was based on work, changes in working patterns, ect. and know one satatory initive that helps protect workers.
    part (B) was about voluntary work and (C) was on poverty.

rebeccad13 wrote: »
    Geography spoiler ?? :)

Geography DEB HL:

Have parts (a) (b) and (c) to all questions! :)
    Short Q's: I cant remember them all but heres what i remember!
    identify 4 features + are they erosion or deposition (river.)
    ordance survey map + ariel photo.
    Weather.
    Two on graphs you just answer from the graph.
    Identify 4 different kind of rocks.
    Compass.

PHYSCIAL QUESTIONS:
    O1 (a) ordance survey map (draw sketch map)
    (b) karast landscape.
    (c) plate movement.

Q2. (a) coastal features (picture).
    (b) formation of two igneous rocks.
    (c) earthquakes.

Q3. (a) diagram of two plates colliding resulting in volcano (answer Q's on picture)
    (b) landform of erosion.
    (c) postive + negative impacts of one human interaction with the rock cycle

REGIONAL Q'S
    (a) graphy of unemployment
    (b) manufacturing of two regions in ireland contrast bmw and gda
    (c) population distribution in a european region

(a) map of ireland
    (b) teritary activites in sub contential region
    (c) 2 human factors that define a region

(a) irish farm size
    (b) european union
    (c)deveoplent on urban area in sub continental region

ELECTIVE
    (a) fertility in ireland
    (b) historic settlement
    (c) pop density + distribution

(a) historic map (draw sketch map)
    (b) theories (burgess)
    (c) overpopulation

(a) draw a graph
    (b) why a town development
    (c) urbanisation in sao paulo.

GEOECOLOGY.
    how climate affects characteristics of biome you studied.

Thanks so much!! :) my single text is MacBeth!

English DEB HL:
    lady macbeth is more ruthles than her husband do you agree? and the other one was about macbeths downfall but cant remember what the question was as its not my single text :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CG1234

Thanks so much!! :) my single text is MacBeth!

English Examcraft HL:
    Macbeth's downfall and theme of kingship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Anyone else getting there results back yet? Or is everyone here still waiting to start their mocks :o?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 CG1234

K1234 wrote: »
    Do you know what's on examcraft business? HL

Business Examcraft HL:

Yeah I do, only remember bits and pieces..
    Wide selection of short questions, but they are actually really easy for a change! ABQ is about a global business, the benefits it gives to the local and national economy, it's use of the marketing mix and how ICT benefits a business. Long Questions, question One was tricky enough, stuff about Data Commissioner, and sale of goods and supply of services act, don't remember much on it! Q2 had stuff about franchising the uses of a feasability study and prototype development, Q3 I didn't look at! Then Q4,5,7 were a mixture of stock control, credit control, risk management, democratic leadership, theory X approach.
    And there was a question in there somewhere about the benefits and drawbacks of a commerical state-owned company changing to private owned?
    Note: Nothing on EU, and no question that includes figures or graphs in the long questions.
    Sorry that I cant remember all of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement