Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2013 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I think from next week onwards, many of the regular posters of this forum have their Pres/Mocks and they will be posting spoilers properly for most subjects.
    Hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 EllieM95

DEB Physics:
    Q1. measure acceleration due to gravity
    Q2. Measure the specific heat of vaporisation
    Q3. Speed of sound in air
    Q4. Measure the resisivity of a nichrome wire (I found that one a little harder than the other 3)
    Q.5 shorts: 2nd law of motion, principle of hydrometer, ect
    Q6.simple harmonic motion
    Q7. Light, plane mirrors used to construct periscopes, refractive index ect
    Q8. The electron, drive expression for the force on an electron travelling at velocity V ect
    Q9. Semiconductors, thermistor, how does a diode act as a rectifier ect
    Q10. Radioactivity, half life, calculations ect
    Q11. A: neutrinos, E=mc, quarks
    B: current ac/dc lenzs law, factors that effect transformers ect
    Q12. (A) couple, calculation
    (B) diffraction grating calculation
    (C) thermometric property, Bowles law
    (D) faradays law calculation
    If you have any more specific question about it just pm me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 AoifeAoife

Trying000 wrote: »
    Biology DEB:

Thanks again !!!
    Do u remember anything else? Like what questions was asked in
    enzymes/immobilization/ ecology/ blood/ RNA /DNA???

I have it tomorrow T.T

Biology DEB:

I did this exam on monday so it's not very fresh in my mind, and I didn't do the
    blood
    question, sorry :/
    Food was just short questions as far as I can remember, nutrients we need small amounts of, colour result of benedicts test, ratio of C to H in glucose, that kinda thing. Ecology was a reading style comprehension with stuff on predation, competition, adaption and other methods of controlling population, trophic level and pyramid of numbers. Nervous system and cell was labelling diagram, stuff about differences between DNA and RNA, base pairs, Uracil, haploid and diploid cells, evolution and darwin, genetic crosses, hetero and homozygous pairs, pollution and waste disposal, what is immobilisation, how was the activity of the enzyme in the experiment investigated
    ... That's all I can remember, good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Elceeney

spurious wrote: »
    I think from next week onwards, many of the regular posters of this forum have their Pres/Mocks and they will be posting spoilers properly for most subjects.
    Hopefully.

Implying that regular users have their mocks at a different time than everyone else? Sorry but I think you're kidding yourself if you think that! Maybe if all spoilers were put as quotes into the first post (even if their not necessarily organised) then people wouldn't have to search through the thread and then people could ask for subjects as it wouldn't make a difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AaronTipp

Spoiler:
    A lot of area and volume, Constructing an orthocentre, scattergraphs and correlation coefficient, arithmetic and bar charts and statistics in general.
    Ana27 wrote: »
    maths OL paper 2 examcraft please! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 clarinsmc00

Irish DEB OL Paper 2:
    is caca milis summary, how did the women feel in dis, two emotions in colscaradh and did you like the poem. and qs on spalpin fanach too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Elceeney wrote: »
    Implying that regular users have their mocks at a different time than everyone else? Sorry but I think you're kidding yourself if you think that! Maybe if all spoilers were put as quotes into the first post (even if their not necessarily organised) then people wouldn't have to search through the thread and then people could ask for subjects as it wouldn't make a difference!

Where did I imply any such thing?
    I know from ordering the mock papers in our school that Feb 4th is the most popular starting date for schools. It is the week we start ours too.

Good God no wonder people can't follow simple instructions like 'don't post requests' if they read strange things into simple statements.

Anyway, I'll leave you to your lists of requests for tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sarah137

Bio examcraft

Short :
    foods + photosynthesis + `homeostasis + auxins + bone

experiment :
    mix of enzymes exp + photosynthesis and yeast with alcohol + yeast agar one

long :
    ecology carbon and nitrogen cycle + genetics + digestive system + nervous system + plant reprod + transport in plants + respiration + eye

Do you know for sure this is examcraft??

candyshan wrote: »
    If you havent done
    caca milis
    is the choice one of is
    lasair coille
    in OL IRISH EXAMCRAFT?

Examcraft Irish OL Paper 2

I didn't read that bit!
    I did this this morning and it was
    Dis caca milis an spalpin fanacht and mo ghra sa

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 28 LBowe94

English HL DEB paper 2
    kingship + lady Macbeth more ruthless than Macbeth. Bishop people and places Mahon dark visions of life. Cultural context and theme or issue. Unseen poem starting school by Mary o malley.

Maths HL DEB Paper 1:
    it was a horrible paper, know implicit and how to prove sinx the algebra q is disgusting just take your time with it

Maths HL DEB Paper 2:
    definition of sample, population, difference between and axiom and theorem. Theorem twelve (s:t ratio one) probability Venn diagram q.. Enlargement of a pentagon.. Nowhere near as bad as paper 1 but still tricky

Irish HL DEB Paper 1:
    the listening was fast but manageable, there was an essay on the special Olympics, one about women, one about challenges in society and one about an achievement your school has done or something? Then there was a debate on the education system and I think the other one was about the Irish language

<snip> Hope this helps some of you!

• Advertisement

pleaseee someone

Examcraft Irish OL paper 2
    dis caca milis an spalpin fanacht and mo ghrasa.
    good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭kayleigh01

Geography:

Anyone know which Geography paper has the map of
    Killaloe
    in it? DEB or Examcraft? Suggested by later posters to be DEB - Mod

Has anyone done examcraft geography higher level? and could they tell me please if
    anything on the eu came up in the regional?

Geography Examcraft HL:

No but know
    your regions and primary economic activites in India migration in Ireland rock cycle land form development volcanos plates glaciation mass movement weather deposition and erosion

Good luck :) x

kayleigh01 wrote: »
    Anyone know which Geography paper has the map of Killaloe in it? DEB or Examcraft?

Geography Examcraft:

I did Examcraft and it had a map of
    Ballina
    on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 AoifeAoife

ad2013 wrote: »
    You don't happen to remember anything on
    plant qs
    that came up? Thanks a million for this! :)

Biology DEB:

No problem, I didn't do that question, but it was about
    movement of water and minerals around the plant
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 needinhelpin

Irish HL Paper 1:

i had HL irish paper 1 this morning it was the one where the essays were about
    the good and bad of the education system and the importance of escaping life today
    ....can anyone tell is this DEB or examcraft and can someone please tell me what is coming up in the paper 2 of this irish paper ....i have nearly all of my other mocks done and i would be glad to help someone if they can help me with this

Suggested by later posters to be Examcraft - Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭En

According to one person
    Chemistry Examcraft HL:
    : boyles law, equilibrium, decomposition of peroxide (write out exp) , iron exp (you wont be asked to write out exp btw, calculations) , greenhouse gases, one short q on secondary sewage, distinguishe pi and stigma bonding,

According to another
    Chemistry Examcraft HL
    Spoiler: Experiments: Standardising Potassium permanganate
    organic: Making Ethanal I THINK ?
    Rates Of Reaction
    Long Qs:
    Q4. Endothermic reaction profile
    Catalsyt Defination
    Water
    Q5. First ionisation energy ( be able to explain why it decreases down a group and increases along a period). Emission Spectrum. Newland. Modern + Old periodic table dif.
    Q6. Hess's Law
    Heat of formation def.
    Catalytic Converting
    Q8. Water
    Q9 nd 10.Organic chemistry

IUPAC + isomers / Radiation / pH was somewhere on it as well
    tis all i remember

The curious case of the ......
    Ah, who the **** am I kidding.
    Somebody's telling lies lads, watch out!

Here's some DEBS Chemistry (i'm doing examcraft but my girlfriend gave me the debs paper today)
    Experiments : Determining the amount of iron in iron tablets.
    An experiment in which ethanoic acis was prepared by adding ethanol to aqueous solution of sodium dichromate
    Rates of reactions with regards to volume of oxygen gas liberated

Section B Q 4, bunch of shorts don't really want to type them out lol
    Key terms to know the meaning of/people/other random stuff : isomers, electronegativity, scientist that demonstrated that electrons have wave nature, catalysts in a catalytic converter, other small facts

q5 Atomic theory, atomic orbitals, electron configurations, ionisation energy and trends + the graph

q6 Fuels question, in which crude oil is boiled and vapour is passed through an apparatus to make fuels and other products
    heat of combustion included in this too

q7
    Very weird question in which they ask you to look at a table of 4 carbon based structures and answer 6 questions on. Just learn alkanes, alkenes, alcohols etc for this question as the questions are very general so there's no point in only learning some parts of it.

q8 water
    Water treatment, raising water PH, other processes that involve addition of chemicals into drinking water and why, temporary hardness (hardy har har) and equation on how hydrogencarbonate is formed in a limestone region, full name of EDTA

q9 a) reversible reaction between ethanoic acid and ethanol
    (equilibrium reaction and the calculations associated with it)
    b) Le chatelier's principal and manipulating it to get colors etc.

q10 answer two of (a) (b) or (c)

a) gas chromatography and its uses, + how it works
    b) radioactivity, how it was discovered and the effect it showed when he discovered it
    c) ideal gases and gas law calculations

q11 (a) empirical formula + calculations + compound identification
    (b) oxidation + reduction
    (c) - choice between two-
    answer about global warming or about transition elements+ blast furnaces etc

And there ya go folks

candyshan wrote: »

You beautiful person thankk youuuuu <3
    Last thing could you tell me what questions were asked please?? :)))

Irish Examcraft OL Paper 2:

Hmmm... Christ I have such a bad memory haha
    dis was little questions that are easy to answer and then it said do you like Sean and what happened with the survey woman
    Caca milis was a summary
    An spalpin fanacht I have no idea cause I didn't even study for it so I was just ****en on. And mo ghrasa was like 2 feelings in this poem
    hope that's ok for ya :) x

Hey what was geoecology question on this paper?

Geography Examcraft:
    Characteristics of a biome
    . I can't remember the soils questions because i didn't even read them when I saw this haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jamie c

i had HL irish paper 1 this morning it was the one
    where the essays were about the good and bad of the education system and the importance of escaping life today
    ....can anyone tell is this DEB or examcraft and can someone please tell me what is coming up in the paper 2 of this irish paper ....i have nearly all of my other mocks done and i would be glad to help someone if they can help me with this

Irish Examcraft HL:
    This is examcraft, and apparently
    Oisin and mo ghra sa
    came up on this..<no requests>

SPOILERS, please, both of you!

• Advertisement

did igneous rocks or the mezzegirno come up anywhere? or the eu?
    Yes: how 2 igneous rocks developed, a sketch map and eu influence on a primary activity in ireland

peekachoo wrote: »
    should I be covered with
    Ireland and EU regions , igneous rocks, volcanoes/tectonic plates? And biome for geoecology?
    Regional I did Q6: European region sketch map, sub continental region muliculturalism i.e. south west USA and EU effect on agriculture in ireland. Physical Q3 had 2 igneous rocks but i cant remember the rest and Human Q10 had a sketch map of Ballina cant remember the rest.

does anyone know which hl maths paper (examcraft or debs) has 9 q's i can't find an answer in the thread

It's not DEB.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 paddy995

Did HL Art history exam today. 1 Question from each section.
    Spoiler:
    Section 1 ' Art in Ireland '
    During the bronze age Ireland was one of the largest producers of gold objects in western Europe. Describe and discuss any two named gold objects from this period specific reference to their form, function and decoration. AND discuss briefly the techniques used in their production including the sourcing of raw material. ' Illustrate your answer '

Section 2 'European Art '
    Edgar Degas (1834-1917) combined unusual compositions and an interest in different media to create work which set him apart from other 19th century artists. Discus this statement with detailed reference to his paintings in which is illustrated on the accompanying sheet ( it was ' Two ballet dancers in a Dressing room ) and name and briefly discus one other painting. ' Illustrate your answer'

Section 3 ' Appreciation of Art '
    This selection and placement of furniture in a room impacts on the users activities and overall well being. Discuss this statement with reference to any chair or sofa. Refer your answer to materials , designs , functions and health and safety. AND briefly describe how you would go developing a design for a complementary table. ' Illustrate you answers ' .
    THAT'S DEB BTW.

Hope that helps someone ;)
    <snip>
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Lawless2k12

thanks. does anyone know if examcarft has 9 questions?

100% yessums!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kiera94

DEBS Irish Paper 1 OL
    Giota Leanunach/Blag: The Weekend, My favourite place in Ireland, I can't remember the 3rd option. Then for the Sceal: Something about opening a letter and being excited OR you are home alone, you hear a knock at the door but no one is there.. For the letters: You went on holidays to Spain with your friends to celebrate after the exams, the hotel was dirty and uncomfortable but the place itself was lovely, write a letter of complaint to the manager. OR Your friend has tickets to your favourite band, your parents won't let you go as it is during your exams, you have to decline.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Elceeney wrote: »
    Maybe if all spoilers were put as quotes into the first post (even if their not necessarily organised) then people wouldn't have to search through the thread and then people could ask for subjects as it wouldn't make a difference!
    You may not be familiar enough with Boards or vBulletin to realise it, but that would mean the *voluntary* mods, who are trying to find a bit of time in their own daily craziness to keep things tidy, would have to edit every quote manually into the first post ... and I'll guarantee you that the next thing which would happen is that we would get screamed at if any of the hints were wrong, because after all, we had implicitly sanctioned / approved them by doing so. I'm sorry, but it's not going to happen.

What would help enormously is if everyone actually did what it says in the title and READ THE FIRST POST carefully and followed the parameters therein.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

To be perfectly honest, I don't even see why the MODs are bothering with this thread anymore. If people want to spam it and make it more difficult for themselves to find the spoilers, just leave them be I suppose. I think you're all going to have a nervous breakdown by the time the end of February comes around. :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

0mega wrote: »
    To be perfectly honest, I don't even see why the MODs are bothering with this thread anymore. If people want to spam it and make it more difficult for themselves to find the spoilers, just leave them be I suppose.
    It's very tempting, believe me! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Kerriann95

ShaunaMoll wrote: »
    Romanesque question
    Art appreciation question is on a visit to a named exhibition

Art History DEB:

Is that for examcraft or deb ? My art teacher told us
    gallery question part one is about brochures leaflets etc and part two of the question is about a named gallery visit :)
    Our school has deb papers and I'm sitting the art paper next Wednesday so ill post as soon as I finish it :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement