Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2013 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lolno

french DEBS
    q1(compulsary) write about if you think dreams are important, or write about a time where (something about fruits of your labour lol idk) didn't work out, basically failed attempt at something i think
    q2- either unemployment or obesity
    q3- write that you want to take a year out to go travelling as a diary entry or you have to write a letter to your friend and they have a list in english what you must mention
    q4- said more that 40% watch tv or something, so just write about it or there was something about fishing and pollution

• Registered Users Posts: 14 RepeatToWin

HL DEB MUSIC LISTENING

Q1: Tchaikovsky; Recapitulation, Name the key, fill in rhythm of strife part, style of music (about juliettes response), Instrumentation, Accompaniement, Describe the counter melody, What differences between this extract and when its used in the coda.

Q2 Bach; Bass Aria, what instrument plays melody, texture, features of vocal line

Q3 Bo Rhap; Its the end of the work anyway, (Nothing really matters, anyone can see....) You need to dictate the notes for "anyone can see", differences between this and some other section of the work x2, 3 features present-tick 3- choice of syncopation, descending sequences,chromatic scales, antiphon, unison and something else..

Q4 Barry; it was tick the correct section out of all the C's it was the "glacial"sounding one anyway which i took as C9.... Name an insrumental technique. (i said wedging but im prob wrong) then Barrys use of compositional technique ( i said retrograde, inversion and the likes- could be wrong)

Irish Music: Single Jig 6/8 (i think!)
    Instruments, Features

Sean nos features

Then there was some kind of fusion i think, so know your traditional features and non traditional features!!

Then the essays were:: The Harping Tradition,
    Ceili Bands,
    Write about 3 dance tunes
    Ornamentation in instrumental and vocal music

Then the unseen listening was this ecclesiastical piece, how does the composer keep it lively and the last question was what work would you compare it to and you have to say Bach... its pretty obvious for the choir and the staggered enteries and solo parts and what not

Hope this helps guys and good luck!!!!

<snip> :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cp95

abc123zyx wrote: »

Can anyone remember what Q2 in the REGIONAL section was??

Would be very grateful!! :D

Geography DEB HL:

Unsure but think one part was
    on the expansion on the EU affected european region not in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Leahxo

Biology:

Can anyone confirm which Paper (DEB OR Examcraft) are these Bio experiments on?
    IAA Experiment, Photosynthesis (Light Intensity) experiment?

Suggested by later posters to be DEB - Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 abc123zyx

cp95 wrote: »
    Unsure but think one part was on the expansion on the EU affected european region not in Ireland

Geography DEB HL:

Thanks! Just one last q!
    Did a feature of erosion come up beside the process of mass movement?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭VincentLeB

Just some help with doing the Higher Level DEB Maths Paper 1, because the spoilers didn't prepare me at all! This is just in addition to what has been posted.
    There is a difficult enough algebra question involving population, and you're asked to find the value of A and b. It's a simultaneous equation, basically. But you need to let t = 0 and P(t) [the population] will also equal zero and this will let you find it.

You should also know implicit differentiation.

You should know how to explain what happens when you multiply two complex numbers. It's easier just to know it instead of coming up with it on the spot.

The integration isn't the easiest. I would suggest practicing a lot of ones that involve both substitution and the 1/a^2 + x^2 (or similar) formulas in the log tables.

The Financial Maths question has a box for initial exploration, which is so stupid because there is absolutely nothing to write there.

If you want to reply and ask me specific questions in relation to the previous spoilers for the paper or what I've posted there, then I'll try and jog my memory to reply.

It's not a nice paper. Some bits are very easy, but then some things are very badly phrased.

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Andiee

Irish:

My Irish aural consisted of
    them talking about young people drinking and a phone and money being robbed, also about bogs!
    What paper goes with this?? - suggested by later posters to be Examcraft - Mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ladyeire101

Geography DEB HL:

Could someone please confirm for me- that Geography Debs HL
    2 igneous rocks and effects of earthquakes
    came up in the same question? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ladyeire101

If anyone needs to know anything on ordinary english paper 2 I have it :) (examcraft)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nickyh

J95 wrote: »
    Irish (OL) paper 2 and biology (HL) DEB mock paper ?? Pleeaassee x

Irish OL:

irish ol >
    caca milis summary dis how does the woman feel. poems spailpin fanach colscaradh wat does the women want what does the man want how do u no dey were in love once nd 2 feelings . cant remember the questions on spailpin fanach

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If anyone needs to know anything on ordinary english paper 2 I have it :) (examcraft)

Please post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Geography Examcraft:

Can someone clarify what's on the examcraft geography paper? I've seen the same questions posted for examcraft and deb and trying to figure out which was which...
    Is DEB the paper with
    karst landscape, two Irish regions, sea erosion?
    If so can someone tell me what's on the examcraft paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭VincentLeB

Trying000 wrote: »

Higher Level DEB Maths Paper 1

Hey thanks again :) I have mine tomorrow T.T
    Do you remember the functions and graph q?
    Do you remember the insurance question?

What do you mean that you really need to know implicit ? is there a twist in the question?

Did you have to prove sin x in the first principle
    ?

Higher Level DEB Maths Paper 1

Everything that the other posters posted was correct, so
    yes Sin(x) from first principles was there.

When I said you have to know
    implicit, no you don't have to "really" know it, but if it wasn't on your radar you might have forgotten to revise it.

The functions and graphs question:
    it was quite easy. You just had to pick up the roots and then do the usual (x-a)(x-b)(x+b)=0 etc.
    You also had to draw
    two graphs with huge scales on a tiny space. Some people asked for extra graph paper (I thought you couldn't do this, it all has to be on the booklet?) but essentially you have to see from the graph what values of x is one graph less than the other. Then they ask you to confirm it algebraicly, which is a normal inequality with absolute values.

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cp95

abc123zyx wrote: »
    Geography DEB HL:

Thanks! Just one last q!
    Did a feature of erosion come up beside the process of mass movement?

Geography DEB HL:

There was another option can't remember it but I was really surprised
    there was no question on how humans impact rivers or mass movement etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Border Fox 12

Economics:

can anyone comfirm that this is examcraft economics or if not does anyone have it?
    Spoiler :Short Questions:
    3 functions of the NTMA
    It gives you an LR Imperfect Competion curve and you have to label+describe it
    Long Questions:
    -Definition of Law of Demand+exceptions to the law
    -Exceptions to the Law of Marginal Utility
    -Draw an LR(I think) Monopoly curve and describe + there were questions on monopoly like I think how they arise etc.
    -What is the birth rate?
    -Questions on how Govt. will need to prepare infrastructure for the increasing population
    -Is the new property tax in July 2013 progressive or regressive?
    -You are one of the minister for finance's advisors, give one piece of income advice and one piece of expenditure advice on how to decrease the national debt

• Registered Users Posts: 11 skytalker

can anyone comfirm that this is examcraft economics or if not does anyone have it?
    Spoiler :Short Questions:
    3 functions of the NTMA
    It gives you an LR Imperfect Competion curve and you have to label+describe it
    Long Questions:
    -Definition of Law of Demand+exceptions to the law
    -Exceptions to the Law of Marginal Utility
    -Draw an LR(I think) Monopoly curve and describe + there were questions on monopoly like I think how they arise etc.
    -What is the birth rate?
    -Questions on how Govt. will need to prepare infrastructure for the increasing population
    -Is the new property tax in July 2013 progressive or regressive?
    -You are one of the minister for finance's advisors, give one piece of income advice and one piece of expenditure advice on how to decrease the national debt

ha just sat that examcraft economics this morning and no that's MOSTLY Bull**** or else some other company!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LessStress

nickyh wrote: »
    irish ol >
    caca milis summary dis how does the woman feel. poems spailpin fanach colscaradh wat does the women want what does the man want how do u no dey were in love once nd 2 feelings . cant remember the questions on spailpin fanach

Do you get a choice between
    Spailpin fanach
    and
    colscaradh
    in the poetry or must you answer a question on both?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

skytalker wrote: »
    ha just sat that examcraft economics this morning and no that's MOSTLY Bull**** or else some other company!

So tell us what's on Examcraft Economics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 keith098

skytalker wrote: »

That's Dabs and could you give me hits for exam craft ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 HJDaly17

IrishBarbz wrote: »
    DEBS HIGHER LEVEL IRISH PAPER 1
    Can someone please tell me what the díospóireachtaí and the aiste are my exam in tomorrow!!!!

Irish DEB HL Paper 1:
    I can only remember the ones that stood out for me and they are: Aiste - Ceol, how it is important in the lives of people. Debate - Something of the education system, i think it was that there is need for a new one but i'm not entirely sure.

Hope this helps :)

• Advertisement

<snip request>
    I've done geog, english, irish paper1, home ec and biology if anyone wants anything.

So post them with spoilers, thanks.
    Requests not allowed, as you saw in the first post when you read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Border Fox 12

History HL examcraft
    Spoiler: Document question katanga
    Essays on Mussolini/Hitler using propaganda , Sunningdale and difficulties face by the Irish
    delegation at the anglo irish treaty

• Registered Users Posts: 1 oneoneone

cp95 wrote: »
    I know a lot of this has been posted already but here is what has come up on the DEB exams i've sat so far and is what I can remember

English HL P1
    B questions were
    1. Giving a speech to leaving cert students.
    2. You want to interview the girl with cystic fibrosis and write a letter to your editor saying why.
    3. Write 2 diary entries one from the time when his father was young and the other when he was older with a young family.
    Essays.
    Personal essay on a possitive time in your life
    "Pain of saying goodbye" short story

English HL P2
    Macbeth: First question is on the brutal tyranny that occurs in the play (Theme of Kingship basically)
    Second question is on how Lady Macbeth can seen to be more ruthless than her husband, do you agree.

Comparative: Only question I can remember is the one I did and that was
    "Studying this theme has drawn me as the reader deeper into its narrative"

Poetry: Bishop, Mahon, Path and Wordsworth

Geography HL
    Physical:
    1A Map question, 1B Karst landscape, unsure of 1C.
    2A Picture provided with question on sea processes, 2B. Write about how 2 Igneous rocks were formed with Irish examples, 2C. Write about the impacts of an earthquake with example you have studied.
    3A. Unsure, 3B. Write about process of mass movement, 3C. Write about the positive and negative impacts of an example of human interaction with the rock cycle.
    Regional:
    1A. Unsure, 1B. Contrast 2 Irish regions primary heading, 1B. Unsure.
    2. Unfortunatly I cant remember much about this question.
    3A. Sketch map of Ireland mark in one region with Tourist attraction, national road, urban area and physical landscape, 3B. Write about how factors have developed tertiary activities in a sub-continental region you have studied, 3C. Explain how human factors have helped develop a region.
    Here I studied the first set of questions in the optional chapters (MNC'S CAP etc..)
    1A. Was a simple question on bathing water, 1B. You must give a grid reference on the map and asks why you would place an adventure centre there, 1C. Examine how a European policy has helped part of an Irish economy
    2A. Draw a copy of the sketch map 2B. A question on effects of non renewable energy 2C. Discuss the effects of colonism on an example you have studied
    3A. Unsure, 3B. Write about an MNC you have studied 3C. Discuss finance or tourism in a country you have studied
    Elective: I have studied Geoecology
    Biomes: Effect of climate on biome and human activites on biome
    Soil: Unsure.

Maths OL
    Unfortunatly theres not much to give on this as I wont remember specific questions but there is a very long question on sequences (P1) and stem and leaf (P2)

Irish OL P1
    Blog is on a place you like, your summer and cant remember the other
    Story is on you were alone in your house and heard a knock at the door, you opened the door but no one was there. 2nd story was on opening a letter and you let out a scream.
    Letter/Email was on when you went to spain with your friends and you stayed in a lovely town but the hotel was dirty and uncomfortable write a letter/email of comlpaint to the manager. 2nd one was on that your friend bought you tickets for a concert but your parents wont leave you go because your exams are on at the same time write a letter/email telling your friend.
    This is what I've done so far hope it helps someone! Irish paper 2 and business tomorow. Also I know I shouldn't be asking but a bitta help with these 2 tomorow would go a long way!

Business DEB:

I think I had DEBS paper
    Business mock
    the Abq -marketing mix,social responsibilities,define business ethics, global challenges and oppertunities..theres like 4 ratio (acid test and debt equity is all i remember) break even chart,debt/equity,4 types of ict,good and services act 1980,definition of discrimination and the descrimination act

• Registered Users Posts: 7 adrianrrr1994

Tim10 wrote: »
    plz examcraft geography exam is tmrw

Geography Examcraft:

Physical :
    formation of 2 igneous rock + plate tectonics + landform dev

regional :
    manufacturing in ireland + compare tertiary in 2 eu regions

human :
    urbanisation and 1 advantage + i disadvantage of migration

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Geography Examcraft:

Physical :
    formation of 2 igneous rock + plate tectonics + landform dev

regional :
    manufacturing in ireland + compare tertiary in 2 eu regions

human :
    urbanisation and 1 advantage + i disadvantage of migration

Geography Examcraft:

Is geoecology
    human interference?

oneoneone wrote: »
    BIOLOGY HIGHER LEVEL .. please

Biology examcraft HL:

Short :
    foods + photosynthesis + `homeostasis + auxins + bone

experiment :
    mix of enzymes exp + photosynthesis and yeast with alcohol + yeast agar one

long :
    ecology carbon and nitrogen cycle + genetics + digestive system + nervous system + plant reprod + transport in plants + respiration + eye

• Registered Users Posts: 5 blue_bell123

Higher level german examcraft
    the picture is of a family and it asks you to describe the picture,why is family important and why are grandparents important to children LETTER: what do u plan to do after school, will u move out of home, what do your parents think, a corse you will do, tourism in ireland, you are going to killarney with a friend talk about what u did there, violence in your town/bulling,
    from the grammer page u need to no your question words how to put sentences into questions and change words from the imperfect to the pluperfect,
    reading comprehension: the second reading comp is on marriage no the words for parenthood marriageable age words like that!

if you want more information private message me :)

peekachoo wrote: »
    Is geoecology
    human interference?

Not sure our teacher didn't tell us anything about geoecology :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 orla12345

Irish examcraft paper one hl
    aiste-Eisimirce:Reiteach gearcheim eacnamaiochta ma tire seo.
    An mhaith agus an t-olc sa choras oideachais.
    Tabacht na n-ealaion I saol an lae inniu.
    An ciniochas did not come up. This threw me so hope ye don't make the same mistake.
    sceal-cairdeas or is fearr an tslainte na na tainte.
    alt-chuir tu agallamh ar pholaiteoir aitiuil faoi na fadhbanna Ata ag daoine oga sa cheantar agat. Scriobh alt bunaithe ar an agallamh sin,d'iris na scoile.
    Ta comortas I nuachtan gaeilge ag lorg ailt ar an abhar seo a leanas:tir gan teanga tir can anam.scriobh an t alt a chuirfea isteach ar an gcomortas.
    diospoireacht-scriobh an chaint a dheanfa I ndiospoireacht scoile ar son an ruin seo a leanas no in aghaidh:is beag eisteacht a thugtar d'aos og na links seo.
    B-toghadh Thu mar urlabhrai that cheann chlubanna oige an chontae agus iarradh ort caint a thabhairt ag cruinniu na gclubanna ar an abhar seo a leanas:todhchai chlubanna oige an chontaeseo. Scriobh an oraid a thug tu ag an gcruinniu sin
    I'm praying those spoilers worked from my phone cause that took so much effort lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 skytalker

spurious wrote: »
    So tell us what's on Examcraft Economics.

Economics Examcraft:

I don't remember all the details and we're not allowed to keep the exam booklets in my school but here's what i do remember:
    3 functions of NMTA
    Define Mixed Economy + 2 advantages for it
    2 private + 2 social advantages for the government increasing cigarette costs
    Calculate CED
    Calculate Multiplier
    History of economics: KNOW WHAT all THE ECONOMISTS DID.

q1) State Law of Demand, 3 exemptions, explain using diagram, movement along a demand curve, 5 things which shift a demand curve, substitution/income/price effect

q2) Imperfect competition: Learn that chapter inside out!!!

q3) Defs: Explicit costs, Implicit costs, fixed costs, variable costs, economies of scale, diseconomies of sale
    Chart of costs + revenue of a firm: explain if the business should operate short/long run
    marginal cost of labour
    ways of making small irish fir competitive

q4) Land/Labour (?)

q4) explain 3 leakages + 3 injections
    effect leakages > injections will have on unemploment
    Role of ECB
    ...THATS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW TO GET 100%
    you can thank me later ;) x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement