Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,880 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

gone for qpr to get the most cards tonight @ 5/4

A really great bet I reckon because they'll be happy with 0-0 and they have a few players that are tackle happy starting like derry and Granero

• Registered Users Posts: 11,984 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

inforfun wrote: »
    Tonight in the Dutch cup:

Den Bosch - AZ

Az win is banker or accumulator filler imo.
    I was matched @1,49 on betfair 2 days ago and since then odds are dropping.

This will be AZ's best chance to qualify for Europe directly seeing as 4th spot in the league will be out of reach for them.
    2 of Feyenoord\Ajax\Vitesse\PSV will not make it to the semi final as they are playing eachother.
    Den Bosch has not had a competitive game since december 21st and is currently in 14th position in the 1st division.
    AZ is 2 wins from 2 since the break and are playing really well

Also considering AZ -1 Ah (no idea about odds) as they score for fun since the break as well, 8 in 2.

AZ will not put a weakened side on the pitch, it is not in their managers book to play 2nd string because an opponent might be not that great. Plus Twente is the example of what can happen when you dont field your strongest team in the cup against Den Bosch.
    Great shout Infor, took the -1 with City and BTTS in Sunderland, heres hoping they dont ruin it.

Headshot wrote: »
    gone for qpr to get the most cards tonight @ 5/4

A really great bet I reckon because they'll be happy with 0-0 and they have a few players that are tackle happy starting like derry and Granero

****ing Zabaleta prick, that's all I have to say. Beyond a moron

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Stoke V Wigan

Wigan double chance 1.78

Main reasoning here is that Wigan are unbeaten in the last 7 meetings, including the last 3 at the Brittania.

Neither side is in particularly inspiring form but Wigan are in slightly better shape. Stoke have only 1 win (excluding Palace as that was in extra time) in the last 11, while Wigan have lost just 2 of the last 7, albeit 3 of those games were against lower league opposition.

On top of that Wigan are unbeaten in 4 on the road with their last defeat coming against Everton, a game they could easily have taken something from.

Tempted by the draw in this one too at 12/5. 6 of the last 9 meetings have been draws and with neither side in great form a draw looks a strong possibility again here.

Surprised Wigan pulled it off in the end! Went with the draw too. Chuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

P_1 wrote: »
    Hinckley Utd v Brackley Town

I'm sure I've posted previously about Hinckley's woes and as of late the Bookies have stopped taking bets on them.

Never fear, Betfair to the rescue.

Brackley Town @1.24

3-1 Brackley, thank the good lord for Betfair :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    Tonight in the Dutch cup:

Den Bosch - AZ

Az win is banker or accumulator filler imo.
    I was matched @1,49 on betfair 2 days ago and since then odds are dropping.

This will be AZ's best chance to qualify for Europe directly seeing as 4th spot in the league will be out of reach for them.
    2 of Feyenoord\Ajax\Vitesse\PSV will not make it to the semi final as they are playing eachother.
    Den Bosch has not had a competitive game since december 21st and is currently in 14th position in the 1st division.
    AZ is 2 wins from 2 since the break and are playing really well

Also considering AZ -1 Ah (no idea about odds) as they score for fun since the break as well, 8 in 2.

AZ will not put a weakened side on the pitch, it is not in their managers book to play 2nd string because an opponent might be not that great. Plus Twente is the example of what can happen when you dont field your strongest team in the cup against Den Bosch.

0-5 it finished.

Only fear of it not coming in was that the match was interrupted and could have been abandoned at 1 point.
    Stil lthe interruption cost me a couple of in play bets i am sure. AZ didnt push on after the 5th and even the 5th looked like it was accidental.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

for tmoro

I guess Ivory coast price to win over Algeria priced around 8/13 is very generous if they play with first team..

they have already qualified though didnt guarantee 1st place in the group yet

i have seen their 1st 2 games...very organized and serious !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Last weekends FA Cup hero's got there asses handed to them tonight (MK Dons and Luton) should be worth keeping an eye on Brentford, Leeds and Oldham. Oldham away to Walsall looks the most likely.Also worth going against Pompy again too but it worth waiting tinder who they will sign

Btw had a great night tonight thanks to Inforfun's tip :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

For tomorrow in the copa del rey:
    Real to score over 1,5 @2.1

Barca not keeping a clean sheet is almost a guarantee this season and in the copa they always have Pinto between the stick who i dont rate at all.
    Malaga scored 2x against Barca in both matches in the last round

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Bets for tonight

Watford win 1/1
    Swindon win 1/1
    QPR City most goals 2nd half 1/1
    Sunderland Swansea draw at halftime 21/20
    1 out of 4:( Shocked there was no 2nd half goals in QPR City game.

Think Arsenal are a great price tommorow @13/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Anyone think that QPR 'To Avoid Relegation' are good value @ 13/10? With 4 points from Chelsea/City, I think Harry will pull it out of the bag.

Fizman wrote: »
    Anyone think that QPR 'To Avoid Relegation' are good value @ 13/10? With 4 points from Chelsea/City, I think Harry will pull it out of the bag.

tbh the only reason is because they have 11 men behind the ball and quite alot of luck

If they win against Norwich then id consider the bet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Considering BTTS in El Classico tonight, pretty poor odds available but I'd be reasonably confident of it coming in

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

Over 3.5 goals double in El Classico and Man United match seem like a decent bet. Also fancy Barca on the DNB.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Anyone see anything wrong with treble of..

Everton
    United
    Chelsea

@3.01

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

Any1 know wat the ivory coast team gonna be like

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Anyone see anything wrong with treble of..

Everton
    United
    Chelsea

@3.01

I personally would not back Chelsea and Everton at those prices. Both on average form, could see one of them dropping points.

Over 3.5 goals in the Classico is tempting @ 2.2 Madrid missing defenders and Barca concede a lot.

Other bet is a BTTS treble
    Fulham vs West Ham 1.75. Both teams will go for the win tonight West Ham have to shake their away record sometime
    Everton vs West Brom 1.81. This has come in in all but one of Evertons games this season I think.
    Arsenal vs Liverpool 1.6. Two soft defences, 'nuff said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

brilou23 wrote: »
    Any1 know wat the ivory coast team gonna be like

Mostly substitutes but still a strong team.. no big bet for me depends on the inplay market

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

I'll wait for the team just in case Hernandez starts but I'm going to go with Van Persie 1st Goalscorer at 5/2. 10 league goals in his last 10 games, scored a hat trick in the reverse fixture and has opened the scoring in his last two starts against Spurs and Liverpool.
    Also going to have a small bet on Reading to win at 6/1. They have won 3 of their last 4 and had a good win in the cup at the weekend, Chelsea are still untrustworthy with all the negativity surrounding the manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Drogmal wrote: »
    I personally would not back Chelsea and Everton at those prices. Both on average form, could see one of them dropping points.

Over 3.5 goals in the Classico is tempting @ 2.2 Madrid missing defenders and Barca concede a lot.

Other bet is a BTTS treble
    Fulham vs West Ham 1.75. Both teams will go for the win tonight West Ham have to shake their away record sometime
    Everton vs West Brom 1.81. This has come in in all but one of Evertons games this season I think.
    Arsenal vs Liverpool 1.6. Two soft defences, 'nuff said.

Lokking at it again i'm going to change it a little alright, still think Everton will win though

Everton
    United/Southampton Overs
    Reading/Chelsea Overs

@3.60

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭lamoss

Lads tonight we have playing the two teams who have driven us mad over the last couple of seasons. These two teams have driven grown men to tears, and caused many losses for their followers.:(

Arsenal v Liverpool........I cant seperate them for who will win, they are just as bad as each other to back. They let you down !

Going to do under 3.5 goals in this match, and over 3.5 goals in the Man U game. It works out @ 2.8 for the double.

I will do a small stake on 0-0 "no goal scorer" in the Arsenal game as well @12/1.

More than likely the arsenal price will lenghten as the Liverpool fans place bets on their team.........Back at your peril :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

few bets tonight arsenal match and barca match btts just over evens. arsenal @3/1 on pp special on text bet plus spurs chelsea and utd treble

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Have an Anderlecht and Hearts double, Both teams at home against poor opposition, Although Anderlecht are missing Mbokani to the African cup which is a big loss.

And a small stake on Ba, Fellaini, Dempsey and Giroud all to score @ 30/1.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 223 ✭✭RiskItAllRick

Hi all my Heinz for tonight. Barca win, mata anytime goal scorer, RVP first goal scorer , Fulham v west ham draw, Johnstone v Aberdeen draw, st mitten v Inverness draw, Got a cheaky 5.70 on this lets hope for the best!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Have a treble tonight off a free 1 euro bet.

Real to score 2 or more
    Arsenal vs Liverpool over 11 corners
    Buddy Bolero (Horse) 3:30 @ Leicester today which won.

8/1

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

Done a few doubles and triples, first time in a while we've had a decent midweek fixture list.

Also done the two big games on poolpit.co.uk, tough to call some of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Small punt on Walcott Wincast enhanced special @ 4/1 .. Expecting a few goals tonight with shaky defences but don't see Arsenal as good value atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭slattsteen

Mesi score/win 15/8, draw 13/5 in pp. Benzema anytime 6/4 in boyle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Celtic v Kilmarnock
    Celtic manager Neil Lennon: "The players know that the standards they've set themselves over the last six-nine months, they didn't maintain on Sunday.

"There were aspects of the game that did disappoint me and I've made that clear to the players.

"I'm looking for a good reaction, come Wednesday.

"They've beaten us at Celtic Park already. Kenny's clever the way he sets his teams up."

Kilmarnock manager Kenny Shiels: "We will give the kids a go, it's a development game for us.

"We will throw in five teenagers. We have got it planned out what we are going to do and we'll see how it goes.

"It's for their education and it's a long-term plan that I have.

"Hopefully they give a good performance and learn from their mistakes and their experience."

Sounds like a gimme, maybe a +3.5 or -2 handicap if you have a spare tenner!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

2 Single bets

Real Madrid v Barcelona
    Barcelona 5/4

Arsenal v Liverpool
    Over 12 Corners 12 6/4

Double
    Gary Hooper anytime 4/7
    RVP anytime 4/7

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement