Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

100 Schalke -1 ,Utd v Fulham Btts. Greuter shouldn't have much of a chance here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Gonna go wit QPR today too. Norwich are pretty bad on the road and with QPR's recent form, especially their defensiveh record, only 1 goal conceded in 4...which included Spurs, Citeh & Chelski. Can't see them conceding today so I think they'll finally get the home win 'arry's been chasing.

Schalke - Greuther Furth
    Schalke have only lost twice at home this season, scoring 20 goals in 10 games, Furth are firmly rooted to the bottom and have lost 9/5 by one goal or more. whereas Schalke have won 6/10 by 1 or more. Furth are yet to win an away match & have lost last 4 in a row & haven't scored in the last 3. Schalke have only not scored once at home. I can see them mauling Furth today.
    Schalke -1, -1.5 @ 1.88 on Betfair

Hoffenheim - Freiburg
    From the last 5 home games, Hoff have only notched up one point, scoring 4 and conceding 12. Freiburg are unbeaten in their last 6 away games, 3 wins & 3 draws. Over's doesn't look great, 8/10 Hoff games have gone overs, but only 3/9 away Freiburg games have. Freiburg are 2.88 to win in place but I'm going to take the Frieburg AH 0 @ 2.02 on Pinnacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,830 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

qpr a more realistic price now at 5/4
    couldnt understand them being a shade of odds on but
    was going for norwich and draw up till that at 1.75(bit short now at 4/6)

I think it'll be a very tight game myself with norwich trying to avoid
    another defeat and qpr...well, i dont know how they are going to
    approach this one but hopefully they wont park the bus given
    how badly they need a win here

if push comes to show id be with norwich draw no bet though at 6/4 (pp)
    or maybe a double norwich double chance with something else

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

TheStook wrote: »
    Qpr vs Norwich- Qpr @ 19/20

I can't look past Qpr for this one, Norwich are on terrible form lately and lack any real goalscorer,
    Qpr are off the back of an excellent result against Man City and the signing of Chris Samba will be instrumental for their survival changes, that man won games on his own for Blackburn. Remy is also a huge threat for Norwich and once he finds his feet I reckon he could be fantastic for them.

You missed the signing of Lucio Becchio then? As it happens he is on teh bench but he'll be on for the last 30 no doubt. No Remy either in the squad for QPR

• Advertisement

took this treble on pp and just under 4s

norwich and draw 8/13
    arse 4/9
    swans dnb 11/10

a 95/1 acca also for a laugh
    swans
    sunder
    norw
    soton

i have a feeling two of more of that four could win today and
    all good odds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

I don't know much about German or turkish football, but has the loss of Holtby from Schalke and arrival of Drogba and Sneijder to Galatasary swayed the champions league tie in Galatasary's favour, anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭elhorse

Yet again it seems tranmere are being underrated by the bookies. Any reason why I shouldn't back them at home to a bottom half side?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Bayern to win with a CS 7/5. Amazingly 8 CS from 9 away games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

elhorse wrote: »
    Yet again it seems tranmere are being underrated by the bookies. Any reason why I shouldn't back them at home to a bottom half side?

Read this and wait for the starting 11s

http://www.teamtalk.co.za/league-one/8460755/Tranmere-v-Carlisle-preview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭lamoss

Bursapor v Galatasaray over 2.5 =1.73
    Antayaspor v Istambul over 2.5 = 2
    = 3.46 for the double.

The Turkish teams do like to score goals, This looks good value. € 10 on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,880 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Gone for Ba to score against his former club 1/1

On phone so can't do my normal write up but having researched it can't look past Arsenal Everton double at 1.86
    going big enough.
    Also going to do two smaller wincasts
    Baines wincast at 7/2
    Cabaye wincast 11/1
    Gluck guys

giroud anytime looks awful good to me at 10/11 (havent shopped around though)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭PunterAssist

Ultra defensive lineup from Stoke.

Arsenal to win & under 2.5 goals @ 5/2 with Bet365 looks good value.

Papiss Cissé anytime @ 2.80 looks good too

• Registered Users Posts: 45,268 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Gone for Ba and Giroud to score anytime.

Both singles

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Robdoo

Bastia DNB, Man U, Schalke treble 3/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Araone89

Hi lads long time lurker first time poster so here it goes. Man U + real double with pp 50 returns 110

Shane St. wrote: »

everton have ruined day at least this won. one to keep an eye on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Bastia DNB (vs Evian) @ 1.83

Very important game for Bastia cuz then they play vs PSG and Nice, 2 games they are very likely to lose, so this is their chance to get points. Evian have some good players but their coach sucks and now they're just 1 point above the relegation zone. Bastia usually know how to beat teams from the bottom half of the table, and for once they have no important missings for this game.
    btw there's no home advantage for Bastia here as the game will be played on neutral ground.

The odds on Bastia have risen from 2.35 to 2.65 and Evian are now favourites, not sure why but same thing happened when Bastia played Nancy and they won 4-2.
    I backed them at 5 to 6 PP dnb ,came close with my ew racing punt today beaten a neck at 7s so if Bastia deliver it will make the few pints in my local tonight taste all the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Shane St. wrote: »

Bayern Munich have to be the most reliable team out there atm...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

United -1 7/5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Ultra defensive lineup from Stoke.

Arsenal to win & under 2.5 goals @ 5/2 with Bet365 looks good value.

Nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Schalke - Greuther Furth
    Schalke have only lost twice at home this season, scoring 20 goals in 10 games, Furth are firmly rooted to the bottom and have lost 9/5 by one goal or more. whereas Schalke have won 6/10 by 1 or more. Furth are yet to win an away match & have lost last 4 in a row & haven't scored in the last 3. Schalke have only not scored once at home. I can see them mauling Furth today.
    Schalke -1, -1.5 @ 1.88 on Betfair

Hoffenheim - Freiburg
    From the last 5 home games, Hoff have only notched up one point, scoring 4 and conceding 12. Freiburg are unbeaten in their last 6 away games, 3 wins & 3 draws. Over's doesn't look great, 8/10 Hoff games have gone overs, but only 3/9 away Freiburg games have. Freiburg are 2.88 to win in place but I'm going to take the Frieburg AH 0 @ 2.02 on Pinnacle.

:mad::mad::mad:
    Really sorry if any of ye were on these lads, cannot belive Schalke threw the game away and Frieburg were leading too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Radonman wrote: »
    Inforfun - AZ looking good again today even the (-1) &6/4?, there in savage form since the break with Altidore banging them in

Had thought that AZ would win this as well. With their recent form, I expected this to be a formality.

Bastia DNB (vs Evian) @ 1.83

FT 0-0 Bastia were the better team especially in the 1st half but just couldn't score :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

FT 0-0 Bastia were the better team especially in the 1st half but just couldn't score :pac:
    Glad I was on DNB for that one. Had been following the livestats on William Hill, and seemed to be on top.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Glad I was on DNB for that one. Had been following the livestats on William Hill, and seemed to be on top.

Yea the first half was very one sided and they even hit the post, pity they couldn't score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

:mad::mad::mad:
    Really sorry if any of ye were on these lads, cannot belive Schalke threw the game away and Frieburg were leading too :(
    Just for the future reference - current Schalke coach has one of the worst record of all coaches in Bundesliga history. Difficult to believe he actually got any better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement