Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Some more White Wizard Editions available from Play.com...

Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch - Wizard's Edition

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

gizmo wrote: »

You beauty.

First time using Parcel Motel, the exchange rate was absurd otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

You beauty.

First time using Parcel Motel, the exchange rate was absurd otherwise.

WTF! It's €20 more expensive than the price in GPB. Ridiculous. Probably why I never buy anything from play.com anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Just seen the massive thread on it on HUKD.

I'm more than likely not gonna be getting it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Order shipped today from Zavvi. Don't really mind how long it takes to arrive, am playing through Xenogears at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just seen the massive thread on it on HUKD.

I'm more than likely not gonna be getting it :(

why not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

gizmo wrote: »

Is this link working for anyone?! It won't work for me, tried proxies and everything. Also according to a lot of the posters here they reckon Play will not be able to fulfil the orders they have and it was an error, lots of people stuck with the Processing Order status or something. Anyone got any other ideas pretty please?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Is this link working for anyone?!

No, redirect error.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

The standard edition isn't even listed on play.com

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Is this link working for anyone?! It won't work for me, tried proxies and everything. Also according to a lot of the posters here they reckon Play will not be able to fulfil the orders they have and it was an error, lots of people stuck with the Processing Order status or something. Anyone got any other ideas pretty please?!
    Was most definitely working last night but seems to be gone now. Expired on HUKD too. :o

Link doesn't work and can't see it on the site. I see a link for the Wizards Edition on the site, under bestsellers, doesn't work either. Doesn't matter anyway, I won't be buying off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Was definitely there this morning, but looks like it just stops showing on their site when it's gone. A search doesn't show up anything either, whereas it was the first result this morning. (Regular edition, not Wizard one)

I'd be wary of buying from Play.com now anyway, given how they're changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Chinpool wrote: »
    I think most of us are adults :pac:

I have seen a few video reviews on it but didn't know what to make of it. I might get it. Can you tell me what the game actually plays like etc ?

Custom Cover here, looks pretty good.
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/388651/blog/celebrate-this-weeks-releases-with-our-custom-covers/

If it is completley sold out everywhere Friday, I'm just going to get it from psn.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

blaa85 wrote: »
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/388651/blog/celebrate-this-weeks-releases-with-our-custom-covers/

If it is completley sold out everywhere Friday, I'm just going to get it from psn.

how much is it on that?

how much is it on that?

€59.99

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

aindriu80 wrote: »
    I have seen a few video reviews on it but didn't know what to make of it. I might get it. Can you tell me what the game actually plays like etc ?
    Isn't there a demo available? Or are you not able to get on PSN for some reason or another?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 EVanB

F1ngers wrote: »
    €59.99

You could set up a US PSN account and grab it from there to save a few quid. You can buy US PSN vouchers on Amazon.Com (just enter a US address for the checkout)

Actually, I just thought of something regarding my demo advice in my previous post. Demos can be helpful, or might put you off a game you later come to enjoy. JRPGs are obviously a game that is very hard to get a decent demo of. I played a demo of Eternal Sonata and Tales of Vesperia.

The demos aren't that great, it's the actual playing of the game and the story. In the case of Vesperia, I saw the game in stores twice at most. Even though the demo didn't really sell me on it, I'd read such good things about it I bought it because I knew it'd be hard to find later. I had wanted to get Symphonia on the Cube, but that was impossible to find, so wasn't going to risk a repeat. I love Vesperia now. I think I prefer it to Lost Odyssey.

Eternal Sonata I got to play as a friend had a copy, and I enjoyed it a lot. It's an enjoyable title.

I'm playing Graces F, and just thinking now, if it had a demo based on the early part of the game, it wouldn't really sell itself well, for instance.

I'd recommend just asking yourself if you enjoy J-RPGs. If you do, buy it. If not, then don't.

• Advertisement

Anyone know how French it would be from Amazon.fr? There seems to be a few here currently at €130

• Registered Users Posts: 14,840 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

blaa85 wrote: »

Psn download is 22GB, good luck with that.

A big chunk of that would be the English and Japanese audio tracks

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mr. Blah

Just so people know the Draggle and Golden Hurly familiars are now live to download for free on PSN.
    Draggle is limited (unknown how long) for the delay EU had. And Golden Hurly is a pleasant surprise as he seemed to be exclusive with the US edition of the guide for NA only. Glad we all get him here :D

I found them in 'Latest Add-Ons' > Filter to Last 7 days :)

Mr. Blah wrote: »
    Just so people know the Draggle and Golden Hurly familiars are now live to download for free on PSN.
    Draggle is limited (unknown how long) for the delay EU had. And Golden Hurly is a pleasant surprise as he seemed to be exclusive with the US edition of the guide for NA only. Glad we all get him here :D

I found them in 'Latest Add-Ons' > Filter to Last 7 days :)
    Not going to do me any good. I can't connect either my PS3 or 360 to PSN/Live where I'm currently living. And Graces F came with some DLC of some description. Can't access it. Will not be able to get the Ni No Kuni stuff either.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Psn download is 22GB, good luck with that.

That wouldn't be much of an issue for me, although I would rather a boxed copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Isn't there a demo available? Or are you not able to get on PSN for some reason or another?

I have PS+ but did not know there was a demo available (still available), it would be worth a download !

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Not going to do me any good. I can't connect either my PS3 or 360 to PSN/Live where I'm currently living. And Graces F came with some DLC of some description. Can't access it. Will not be able to get the Ni No Kuni stuff either.

You can log into sony entertainment network and "purchase" the dlc.
    Will be there to download next time you log into your ps3.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/home/games

aindriu80 wrote: »
    I have PS+ but did not know there was a demo available (still available), it would be worth a download !
    Take note of my cautionary tale about demos not necessarily being the whole story. That aside, let us know how you find it.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    You can log into sony entertainment network and "purchase" the dlc.
    Will be there to download next time you log into your ps3.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/home/games
    I'm sure that works the same way as xbox.com, you set it to download, and then once you go on to the PS3 it downloads then. I can't get the 360 on Live or the PS3 on PSN. I'm going to UCC, and am living in student accomodation.

I don't even have access to the router to restart it. I get an MTU error with the 360 and an IP one with the PS3. The MTU is related to bandwidth. I guess there are around 400 people living at the same place as me, and the connection is an unsecured one that we all get access to.

I get a crappy connection with my laptop for the internet, but its fine when on my PC which is connected with a wired connection. I've tried a wired connection for both the 360 and PS3. No joy. I know you can get system updates on the PS3 by downloading it and installing it that way. Would be cool if one were able to download demos and what not through a PC too. Ah well. I'll be looking for somewhere better for summer, and beyond.

Advertisement