Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Leicester to win and both teams to score 12/5 is my bet tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Schalke 04 v Hannover 96
    Schalke w/o Huntallar & Jones, but will still be too strong against a very poor Hannover side who have only had 2 wins away from home all season and have cenceded 18 goals in 8 games...veteran Brazilian Raffael could made his debut for Schalke.
    Schalke win, 1.75 William Hill

Real CD Espanyol v Real Mallorca
    Espanyol are on a bit of a good run, only 1 loss in their last 6 games, when Barca mauled them, while Mallocra have one win in their last 5 and have let in 10 goals over those games.

Espanyol win , 2.01 Pinnacle

Matt personally I would not back Schalke, without a win in their last 7 competitive fixtures and without their only real goal threat. I like Hannover on the handicap and might put a little on the outright draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Gonna back an anytime goalscorer double of

Chris Wood (vs. Middlesbrough)
    Mame Biram Diouf (vs. Schalke)

Works out about 4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Las, thoughts on the Lyon game tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,915 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

DC Hannover looks great @ 5/4

Schalke are missing a few of their best players. Schalke defence was shocking before the winter break because Papadopoulos had knee surgery and as you can expect he's not back so Schalke in the back will be dodgy again I reckon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Las, thoughts on the Lyon game tonight?

Evian are missing several players including their striker and best player Khlifa and I don't rate their coach at all. Lyon are pretty strong at home, the only thing that worries me is the weather (temperatures of -2 are expected in Lyon tonight but no snow tonight according to the weather forecast...don't know if it snowed today or yesterday though so the pitch might be forzen)

I've taken Lyon win and under 3.5 @ 2.15

The bet of this round is under 2.5 in the PSG game imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

van persie wincast 3/1 on Hills. get on it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As a United fan, I've got to admit I'm not hugely confident of an easy victory against Spurs :/

As a United fan, I've got to admit I'm not hugely confident of an easy victory against Spurs :/

united usually get one over on the opposition when they lost the previous tie. there'll be no lack of motivation, anyway

Isnt Rio and vidic out for utd and Evans is a doubt so utd backline could be Jones and Smalling. That is asking for trouble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Newcastle to beat Reading looks good @ 4/5 - Cabye was in the bench for the last game and I expect him to start and provide the ammo for Cisse, Reading are brutal away ( lost 9 and drew 2) from home and have scored the least (1 in last 5), Newcastle have been brutal lately but they have to win this - Newcastle to win @ 4/5

Just read a great fact in the Punter lounge - Reading are brutal in the second half of away games
    In 11 games they have not won a second half ( drawn one and lost 10) and managed just one second half goal in that time.
    Newcastle to win second half @ evens

Headshot wrote: »
    Isnt Rio and vidic out for utd and Evans is a doubt so utd backline could be Jones and Smalling. That is asking for trouble

Don't know where you heard that, just Evans out afaik

Heard it on the radio today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Headshot wrote: »
    Heard it on the radio today

Wrong!

vidic and rio are expected to start. what you would have heard on the radio today is that vidic has 'recovered'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

2 singles for me tommorow so far

Brentford home to Tranmere, Brentford home win at 1/1. Brentford are flying at the moment, have no new injuries and a win here puts them only 3 points behind Tranmere.
    Tranmere are on the slide a little lately looking at there results, and with a long trip from Liverpool to London in the bad weather they mightened fancy it. Odds with PP.

Man City v Fulham, Man City HT/FT at 4/5. As low as 1/2 with 1 bookie. Fulham are shocking away from home, City are starting games alot better these days since United gave them the kick up the arse they needed. They cant afford to be complacent anymore so I think theres good value in this bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Bayern Munich game with Furth today could be ugly can see them hitting 5 or 6. Munich -2 10/11 and over 1.5 1st half goals 20/21 look v good to me

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

1 bet i like in that Bayern match:
    Both halves over 1,5 goals @2.92 (marathonbet)

Good spot that

As long as Bayern dont hit 4 in the 1st half i have high hopes for that bet :D

Another one i like in Bayern - Furth
    Any player to score 2 @2.75
    Also marathon

inforfun wrote: »
    As long as Bayern dont hit 4 in the 1st half i have high hopes for that bet :D

Another one i like in Bayern - Furth
    Any player to score 2 @2.75
    Also marathon

Signed up for that player to score 2 bet. Looks v good.. Also adding Sunderland to score with that

• Advertisement

I like that any player to score 2. Basically the reason i signed up there.

Bayern's players to score 2 or more:

Mandzukic @2.5, Gomez @2.75
    They are the most likely ones to score a brace imo. But only 1 of them will start.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries and suspensions
    Olympique Marseille v Montpellier HSC
    Olympique Marseille: Kaboré (17/0 m), Kadir (0/0 m)
    Montpellier HSC: Estrada (13/2 m), Saihi (10/0 m), Stambouli (10/0 d), Bocaly (7/0 d), Marveaux (5/0 m), Aït-Fana (7/0 f), Jeunechamp (7/0 d), Belhanda (17/6 m), El Kaoutari (8/0 m)

FC Lorient v Troyes AC
    FC Lorient: Le Lan (7/0 d), Ecuele Manga (1/0 d), Corgnet (14/4 m), Coutadeur (1/0 m), Mareque (7/0 d), Romao (18/0 m), Traoré (13/6 m)
    Troyes AC: Drouin (0/0 d), Gope-Fenepej (0/0 f), Grax (6/1 f), Yattara (13/0 f)

UD Las Palmas v Racing Santander
    UD Las Palmas: Juanpe (0/0 d)
    Racing Santander: Bouazza (14/0 m), Gonzalo (3/0 d), Assulin (13/1 m), Francis (19/0 d)

Sivasspor v Gaziantepspor
    Sivasspor: Cerny, Çelikay, Chahechouhe
    Gaziantepspor: Özbayraktar, Demir, Figueiredo, Gülle, Kurtuluş, Pehlivan, Traore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Pitch inspection at Shamrock Park but game goes ahead. Cliftonville barely odds against to win. I'd be inclined to pass on this one as Ports are good at home and the conditions sound horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Bayern V Greuter

Player to score 2 or more @ 2.75

as previously mentioned, great value

Pieters who was sent off for PSV last night after returning from the very lengthy injury, Punched and broke a window and now needs surgery on his hand.....

Pieters who was sent off for PSV last night after returning from the very lengthy injury, Punched and broke a window and now needs surgery on his hand.....

He's as the French would say 'Les Incompetent'

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭BlueBaron

Radonman wrote: »
    Newcastle to beat Reading looks good @ 4/5 - Cabye was in the bench for the last game and I expect him to start and provide the ammo for Cisse, Reading are brutal away ( lost 9 and drew 2) from home and have scored the least (1 in last 5), Newcastle have been brutal lately but they have to win this - Newcastle to win @ 4/5

Just read a great fact in the Punter lounge - Reading are brutal in the second half of away games
    In 11 games they have not won a second half ( drawn one and lost 10) and managed just one second half goal in that time.
    Newcastle to win second half @ evens

Did reading not come back from 2-0 down and win 3-2 in their last game?:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Just on Marathon bet, are they still heavily limiting stakes?

BlueBaron wrote: »
    Did reading not come back from 2-0 down and win 3-2 in their last game?:confused::confused:

They did, but they robbed West Brom, Newcastle should win but the odds aren't great

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Like the look of a few of the Bayern bets aswell.

Bayern to win both halfs 5/6 pp
    Bayern to win and over 3.5 goals 4/5 ladbrokes - Bayern to score 4 or more goals at 13/10 is also nice

On the above.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement