Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭lamoss

lamoss wrote: »
    Cup games allways have strange results..........so I wll try this overs/ unders treble tonight.
    Pacos ferrereira v Gill vicente under 3.5 goals @1.2
    Vitoria guimmareaes? v S.Braga over 1.5 goals @1.3
    Anderlect v gent under 4.5 goals @ 1.22
    = 1.9 for the treble.

Yes...........in by 1/2 a goal , twice ! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Watched the game tonight Arsenal v Swansea , Swansea are so boring passing the ball back to the keeper all the time frustrating watching them , going to back unders in games they are playing from now on . Had 1k on Arsenal and they made me sweat for it!
    If u did have 1k on arsenal u have some balls there are much better 4/9 shots than arsenal at home who to me are a gambling nightmare never know which team will turn up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Drac the Bassman

CucaFace wrote: »
    I don't think Southampton have it in them to keep Chelsea out tonight.

Chelsea are due another big win at home, and now he has dropped Torres for Ba i think they will be a far more effective unit.

Going on the last game away to Villa, they were opened up a lot in the second half by a really poor Villa side and if it wasn't for really poor finishing they would have conceeded, so I just dont see them standing up to Chelsea tonight.

I'll be putting Chelsea in (-1).

At 2-0 up, I began to think you were right.......but Chelseas home form let them down yet again!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

tinodz wrote: »
    Atl Madrid vs Betis

Castro Anytime is available @ around 4.00

Falcao is best priced at a measly 1.40

That's a CRAZY gap in the odds IMO. Falcao is great (of course), but Castro is very, very, very good. Athl are not master defenders either.

Up there with the most efficient indeed:

Schoten = goal attempts, the rest speaks for itself i guess

d70c28bb-8039-4fbe-ad4e-1651cfa54a19_Efficiency_topschutters-1213_v3.gif

Pity is, it doesnt show how many penalties each of those players have taken.

For those who like these kind of stats:
    Stuff is from http://www.whoscored.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

Avfctom wrote: »
    If u did have 1k on arsenal u have some balls there are much better 4/9 shots than arsenal at home who to me are a gambling nightmare never know which team will turn up

Had them at 1.57 after it was confirmed Michu didn't start , they destroyed Swansea second half , going to keep an eye on Swansea games now they are so negative .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

At 2-0 up, I began to think you were right.......but Chelseas home form let them down yet again!!

I hope you stuck with your instinct and backed the draw.

It cost me my bloody accum.

Had Arsenal, Barca HT/FT, Man Utd and Chelsea (-1).

FN Chelsea.

I mean to go 2 up at home and to then not kick on from that is just sickening.

Doesnt really matter since barca ****ed up too

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

inforfun wrote: »
    Doesnt really matter since barca ****ed up too

Ha ha you know i just checked that Barca score with a few minutes to go when they were still winning and just assumed they won the game.

I'd like to thank Chelsea now as id rather lose a bet that way, rather then with a last minute goal as has happened many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭paulb06

Hold off on any bets until Saturday afternoon at least as apparently Snow is meant to hit UK from tomorrow onwards, expect postponements :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Up there with the most efficient indeed:

Schoten = goal attempts, the rest speaks for itself i guess

d70c28bb-8039-4fbe-ad4e-1651cfa54a19_Efficiency_topschutters-1213_v3.gif

Pity is, it doesnt show how many penalties each of those players have taken.

For those who like these kind of stats:
    Stuff is from http://www.whoscored.com/

Cvitanich > Messi :D

Seriously, how did this guy flop at Ajax? he's doing extremely well in France.

• Advertisement

Cvitanich > Messi :D

Seriously, how did this guy flop at Ajax, he's doing extremely well in France.
    I have to guess as i havent see Nice play a lot but i reckon they play a kind of counter attack style?
    Ajax, in the Dutch league at least, will always play on the opponents half, leaving spaces for forwards limited. Most likely their style just didnt suit him.
    Had 1 proper game where he scored 3 iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

I have to guess as i havent see Nice play a lot but i reckon they play a kind of counter attack style?
    Ajax, in the Dutch league at least, will always play on the opponents half, leaving spaces for forwards limited. Most likely their style just didnt suit him.
    Had 1 proper game where he scored 3 iirc.

They actually play attacking football, maybe he wasn't given enough chances at Ajax. He's always in the right position and can score out of nowhere, he's scored some great goals this season like this one:

and... there are always great odds on him to score anytime :cool:

Was going to keep an a eye on him for sure.
    But i guess that wll be the end of his scoring spree then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Liverpool v Norwich
    I expect Liverpool to return to winning ways after their disappointing defeat to Man Utd last time out. After going on a long unbeaten league run Norwich, perhaps with their small squad being tested to the limit, had a wretched Christmas period losing all four festive games. They earned a point last time out with a draw at the equally out of form Newcastle. Liverpool's home form has been good of late. They have won four of the last five at Anfield scoring 12 goals in the process. However the 3/10 for the home win does not appeal. Instead I think the value is to be found in backing Luis Suarez to continue his torment of the Canaries. Suarez has scored hat-tricks in his last 2 appearances against Norwich and I think the 12/5 on offer for him to score 2 or more goals should be snapped up. As already mentioned he enjoys playing against Norwich and before the Utd defeat he had registered back to back braces in the league against QPR and Sunderland.
    Man City v Fulham
    I fancy a comfortable City win here. I watched Fulham recently against Liverpool and they were awful. Fulham have failed to score in 3 of their last 5 on the road, while City have kept 4clean sheets in 5. City to win to nil at 11/10 looks a good bet.
    West Brom v Aston Villa
    West Brom absolutely battered Villa last week and yet still amazingly lost. Villa are in a rut losing 4 of their last 5 and it's hard to see how they will stop the rot against a good team like West Brom. My bet of the week is West Brom to win at 4/6.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

I'm after putting D.Costa anytime instead of R.Castro anytime on my docket :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Shane St. wrote: »
    Liverpool v Norwich
    I expect Liverpool to return to winning ways after their disappointing defeat to Man Utd last time out. After going on a long unbeaten league run Norwich, perhaps with their small squad being tested to the limit, had a wretched Christmas period losing all four festive games. They earned a point last time out with a draw at the equally out of form Newcastle. Liverpool's home form has been good of late. They have won four of the last five at Anfield scoring 12 goals in the process. However the 3/10 for the home win does not appeal. Instead I think the value is to be found in backing Luis Suarez to continue his torment of the Canaries. Suarez has scored hat-tricks in his last 2 appearances against Norwich and I think the 12/5 on offer for him to score 2 or more goals should be snapped up. As already mentioned he enjoys playing against Norwich and before the Utd defeat he had registered back to back braces in the league against QPR and Sunderland.
    Man City v Fulham
    I fancy a comfortable City win here. I watched Fulham recently against Liverpool and they were awful. Fulham have failed to score in 3 of their last 5 on the road, while City have kept 4clean sheets in 5. City to win to nil at 11/10 looks a good bet.
    West Brom v Aston Villa
    West Brom absolutely battered Villa last week and yet still amazingly lost. Villa are in a rut losing 4 of their last 5 and it's hard to see how they will stop the rot against a good team like West Brom. My bet of the week is West Brom to win at 4/6.

Maybe its just me but I am done with West Brom for a while, they have lost recently against both Fulham and QPR at home...Villa for all their problems look better away from home (Liverpool and Swansea).....4/6 is definitely not for me here.

Other two look good though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I'm after putting D.Costa anytime instead of R.Castro anytime on my docket :o

I wish you luck! Would be my big bet today if I was partaking in he fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

If i placed 4 teams altogether for Draw No Bet for a fiver.
    West Ham 1/4
    Newcastle 8/13
    Sunderland 4/6
    Man City 1/16
    and lets say west ham, sunderland and man city all win but newcastle drew. does that mean i get the fiver back or do i get a return on the 3 teams (€12.33 just an example on a return) which have won but one didn't lose but is voided. I know that in DRAW NO BET , if it's a draw it's void/stake refund. Or do all 4 need to win in order for a return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Shane St. wrote: »
    Liverpool v Norwich
    Man City v Fulham
    West Brom v Aston Villa
    I agree with the first two but think villa will get a result away from home we are a much better side on the counter attack with the pace with have i watched west broms last couple home games against QPR and fulham they lost both and where shocking apart from 20 minute spells also almost every goal came from a counter attack so think they may be vunerable but think villa at 4/1 is big considering already beat liverpool away drew with swansea recently aswell as gaining points against other notable sides such as results in the capital one cup winning 4-2 at man city and 4-1 at norwich

Stat - Ruben Castro has scored as many goals from open play as Falcao this season (11)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

DominicKid wrote: »
    If i placed 4 teams altogether for Draw No Bet for a fiver.
    West Ham 1/4
    Newcastle 8/13
    Sunderland 4/6
    Man City 1/16
    and lets say west ham, sunderland and man city all win but newcastle drew. does that mean i get the fiver back or do i get a return on the 3 teams (€12.33 just an example on a return) which have won but one didn't lose but is voided. I know that in DRAW NO BET , if it's a draw it's void/stake refund. Or do all 4 need to win in order for a return.

That match would be void and you would get paid out on a treble instead of a fourfold.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Following on the Castro bet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

thanks conorcbs

Feel terrible about the Castro recommendation. As soon as Alth got the 2 goal lead they shut up shop, and the game died. I think they were starting to run down the clock as soon as the seconded half started.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Just checked my PP account to see that my bet on Castro anytime has been refunded! Anyone know why this is or has it happened to anyone else? A mistake on their part?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

shrewdness wrote: »
    Just checked my PP account to see that my bet on Castro anytime has been refunded! Anyone know why this is or has it happened to anyone else? A mistake on their part?

I had castro and benfica double and checked my pp account just now and they paid out for benfica win. Casto bet is void apparently. Not complaining anyway.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Yeah happy days!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Also got refunded. Nice surprise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries and suspensions:
    Lyon v Évian Thonon Gaillard
    Lyon: Briand (10/1 f), Fofana (15/0 m), B. Koné (5/0 d)
    Évian Thonon Gaillard: Dja Djedje (19/1 d), Durand (0/0 g), Laquait (13/0 g), Angoula (17/1 d), Khlifa (11/6 f), Koné (13/0 m), Rabiu (16/1 m), Mensah (6/0 d), Mongongu (12/0 d)
    pick 1

Nîmes Olympique v Clermont Foot
    Nîmes Olympique: Stošić (5/0 d), Parpeix (14/0 m), Sbaï (11/0 d), Haddou (13/0 m), Amewou (18/0 m), Thibault (13/2 f), Koné (16/5 f)
    Clermont Foot: Bockhorni (5/0 d), Salze (5/0 d)
    pick X2

Club León v Deportivo Toluca
    Club León: Peña (22/7 m)
    Deportivo Toluca: Cacho (19/4 f), Sinha (22/4 m), Cabrera (21/0 d), Flavio Santos (1/0 m)
    pick 1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Schalke 04 v Hannover 96
    Schalke w/o Huntallar & Jones, but will still be too strong against a very poor Hannover side who have only had 2 wins away from home all season and have cenceded 18 goals in 8 games...veteran Brazilian Raffael could made his debut for Schalke.
    Schalke win, 1.75 William Hill

Real CD Espanyol v Real Mallorca
    Espanyol are on a bit of a good run, only 1 loss in their last 6 games, when Barca mauled them, while Mallocra have one win in their last 5 and have let in 10 goals over those games.

Espanyol win , 2.01 Pinnacle

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement