Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chillax your cacks in our patented cack-chillaxing[tm] thread.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

DeVore wrote: »
    Yeah we have had a few people "Jump", the trick is that you can learn the tracks, it takes time but not too long (we hope!).

We dont want to make it too easy but we dont want to make it impossible either!

Some questions:
    1. Are you buying a resurrection/invincibility?

2. Are you finding the jumping hard to do (ie: it moves instead of jumps?), or just lagged?

3. How far are you getting?

I skipped the tutorial. I almost always skip tutorials. I hate having my hand held or reading walls of text. Most of my came from errors skipping it probably. Ideally the tutorial would be integrated with actual game somehow because there will always be stubborn people like me. This video really hits the nail on the head about how I feel about tutorials.

Just played again now with the tutorial. I am just mistiming jumps badly. I do it way too late and drive straight off. My own fault really. I never move instead of jumping. Got to 1822m to go! Thought I was going to finish it!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I cant tell you how many times I've gotten so excited that I'm going to jump and stuff Karls score and then lost concentration and smashed into a wall.

I once did it into the very LAST obstacle before the Jump. How I didnt smash my phone I dunno....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Ah so you don't need to go as fast as possible the whole time

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Finally made the jump! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

Finally made the jump! :D

WHOOT! Nicely done :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

(I think) I'm top of the iOS leaderboard right now, with 588k, but i think I can do better, missed a few speed pads I definitely should have hit.
    Well done on this game guys, its really addicting, I thought I was sick of runners, but apparently not! :)
    Edit: 645k now, happy with that until someone inevitably beats it :P

deano546 wrote: »
    (I think)645k now, happy with that until someone inevitably beats it :P

:eek:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

karlh wrote: »

:eek:

Ahahahahaahhhaaaaa. Suck it up Hutson, you might have slaughtered me, but meet your daddy! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

deano546 wrote: »
    (I think) I'm top of the iOS leaderboard right now, with 588k, but i think I can do better, missed a few speed pads I definitely should have hit.
    Well done on this game guys, its really addicting, I thought I was sick of runners, but apparently not! :)
    Edit: 645k now, happy with that until someone inevitably beats it :P

I was pleased with my 586k Android score, then I saw this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

Got 40/40 badges :)
    PR7dS.png?1
    Some of those stats definitely reset at some point, I have about 500k coins left, so I've played over 100 games, and have surely escaped over 10 times. But at least the important ones, high score and badges haven't reset :P

• Advertisement

Wow. We werent even sure all of those badges were humanly possible lol.

Colour me speechless. I eh, I'm glad you like our game. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Out of interest, has anyone else managed to blunder into activating a debug overlay screen? Actions and co-ordinates in the middle-ish of the screen, and afaik IMEI at the bottom left corner? I think I was viewing scores at the time.

Ha, yes... thats a debug screen for taps and touches and deviceID. It probably shouldnt have gone out but its no harm. We have a full-on control suite which allows us to control angle of camera, speed of the car, even to the amount it wobbles as you get faster... :)

Yis cheats... ;) :pac: :D

Yis cheats... ;) :pac: :D

He didn't mean to get high scores! :mad: :D

This must be an exciting time for you guys, moving towards release! :D

This must be an exciting time for you guys, moving towards release! :D

Bricking it tbh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

karlh wrote: »
    Bricking it tbh :)

Is that what is going to happen to the phones when we "jump" :pac::pac:

Don't even joke about that :D

Store and leader boards working perfectly here!

Congrats on making it this far, and on creating a game that looks great, plays great and, most importantly, is a lot of fun to play!

Hope the launch goes great, and that the game, and add on sales surpass your hopes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Stevie_Wonder

Best of luck with the game launch and thanks very much for letting me test the game. I'm going to delete my copy of the game now, I think I have made my issues with the game clear.

Advertisement