Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chillax your cacks in our patented cack-chillaxing[tm] thread.

Options
  • 12-11-2012 2:03pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hang out, mooch about or post high scores (which we can verify :p) at each other. This is the general "whateverrr" thread.

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

whatever.jpg

:pac:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Love your avatar lol...

Btw, neither of the games creators have managed to actually finish a run yet (we've both been within 1000m of the end!) so major kudos if you manage to beat it before us. (we have to test the UT build tomorrow so I'll be trying my damnedest to finish it then). We *might* have to make it a bit easier, its kinda hard towards the end at the moment. :)

Also, highest score is 1714 and unfortunately that's Karls. The git.

ooooh, sooo excited. *trys not to wee himself*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

gauntlet has been thrown, but cant pick it up till wednesday!? what nefariousness is this?! :p

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Believe me, if I could ship it yesterday I would.... so frustrating sitting here like an expectant father. :)
    Plus the last build had a game stopping bug, so I cant even system test at the moment and try to beat Karl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

DeVore wrote: »
    Love your avatar lol...

Btw, neither of the games creators have managed to actually finish a run yet (we've both been within 1000m of the end!) so major kudos if you manage to beat it before us. (we have to test the UT build tomorrow so I'll be trying my damnedest to finish it then). We *might* have to make it a bit easier, its kinda hard towards the end at the moment. :)

Also, highest score is 1714 and unfortunately that's Karls. The git.

ooooh, sooo excited. *trys not to wee himself*

*bows* :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I smell a rat... I've fixed your post DeV!
    Plus the last build had a deliberate game stopping bug, so I cant even system test at the moment and try to beat Karl.

Methinks he doesn't want you to beat him...

Karl just topped his score in the UT build we're testing :( still some bugs to be worked out but the big game stopper seems to be gone. He's testing the iOS build and I can only test Android... no fair!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I can see this going two ways for me.

1. Relentless playing until I annihilate the high scores followed by a huge sense of fulfillment.

2. Relentless playing until I annihilate my iPhone against a wall followed by a long period of crying in the fetal position.

Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Karl just topped his score in the UT build we're testing :( still some bugs to be worked out but the big game stopper seems to be gone. He's testing the iOS build and I can only test Android... no fair!

I wouldn't trust a developer's high score on a game he's developing :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

TPD wrote: »
    I wouldn't trust a developer's high score on a game he's developing :p

if (username=='DeVore') {score *= 0.8}

>.>

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I can see this going two ways for me.

1. Relentless playing until I annihilate the high scores followed by a huge sense of fulfillment.

2. Relentless playing until I annihilate my iPhone against a wall followed by a long period of crying in the fetal position.

Can't wait!

I'm taking bets on number 2, anybody wanna get in on this :p

I've nearly hopped my HTC off a wall (on a train in public no less) because I was sooo close that I started to think about how I was going to taunt Karl about being first that I lost concentration and died right at the end.
    I only didnt smash it because I wanted to play again immediately. Its kinda addictive like that. :)

The game is a bit like Temple Run but it has an end. The levels are hand crafted (but randomised in order) and gets harder as you get closer to the end. You are in a hover car. So its not much like Temple Run at all except you have to avoid stuff :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I've nearly hopped my HTC off a wall (on a train in public no less) because I was sooo close that I started to think about how I was going to taunt Karl about being first that I lost concentration and died right at the end.
    I only didnt smash it because I wanted to play again immediately. Its kinda addictive like that. :)

Trial game = Free
    Samsung phone = 499
    Detox = Priceless....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Wait, are you expecting some kind of hand/eye coordination in all this?

Yeah....umm.. kinda. :/

:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Dev, you are an evil evil man..... I am putting money on me hiding in the jacks pretending I ate some dodgy food just to play this tomorrow :)

It's a very straightforward simple game, we couldn't afford to make something big and complex ... So I don't want people getting all worked up and then being disappointed.

So excited, I'm like a kid before Xmas really... Should be asleep but can't sleep... I think we are green lit for release tomorrow evening but I don't want to jinx anything....

Whheeeeeee :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

What you mean that we get no screen shots (not repesentative of actual game play) or previews, from some of the boards.ie games journalists?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Do we get "game tester" mentions in the credits?

Hovercars can't fly... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone else here trying their hand at android development?

Just trying to get into it myself with the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

tok9 wrote: »
    Anyone else here trying their hand at android development?

Just trying to get into it myself with the last few days.

I did my final year project in college on android development. Also used to use gamemaker a whole lot when I was 12-14. Should really get back into game development now that I can actually code.

I recommend Unity 3D... its basically won the 3d development war and is now essentially the standard basis for crossplatform development.

Very powerful and considering MS, Nintendo and Ouya all support it now, as well as iOS and Android, it gives you a large market for games. Its pretty powerful too.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I recommend Unity 3D... its basically won the 3d development war and is now essentially the standard basis for crossplatform development.

Very powerful and considering MS, Nintendo and Ouya all support it now, as well as iOS and Android, it gives you a large market for games. Its pretty powerful too.
    Unity 3D is also used by a couple of flash games on Kongregate.com and they usually look better than the non-Unity 3D games.

Haven't had a chance to download the second user test yet, how is it performiong for everybody? More enjoyable?

Infact, I haven't played the game in a few weeks now, stupid life getting in the way!

I've not even come close to finishing it, similarly, not had time other than a game here and there, but the increased track variation in UT 2 makes it much more enjoyable!

I've not even come close to finishing it, similarly, not had time other than a game here and there, but the increased track variation in UT 2 makes it much more enjoyable!

I must get about to downloading it so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Got a new phone recently and only just played it for the first time this morning (UT4 i assume). I am not used to playing twitch-style games on my phone, I am so bad at this it is ridiculous. I have issue with jumping not being as responsive as I would like. However, I have not built up the skills needed to play this game from previous experiences. I'm not sure if you want those skills to be a requirement or not, but as an otherwise hardcore gamer outside of the mobile gaming realm, I find it ****ing impossible!

Has any human finished a run yet? I thought the music would be annoying at first but it really suits it

Yeah we have had a few people "Jump", the trick is that you can learn the tracks, it takes time but not too long (we hope!).

We dont want to make it too easy but we dont want to make it impossible either!

Some questions:
    1. Are you buying a resurrection/invincibility?

2. Are you finding the jumping hard to do (ie: it moves instead of jumps?), or just lagged?

3. How far are you getting?

• Advertisement

So far I've deduced that I really suck at this game :o

Oh well, I guess I'll have to spend more time at it :p

Advertisement