Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[WIP] RTE Player for Enigma2

Options
  • 05-01-2013 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

Work in Progress - Beta 1

Fixed unicode character ' -to '
    code cleanup
    Add icon

Install instructions
    Download Link

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31328853/rteplayer%20Beta%201.zip

Copy the folder "rteplayer" using a FTP program (such as FileZilla) to "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/"

Restart Enigma2

Goto plugin section and start RTE Player

What working:
    Video files are playing
    Sections
    Latest Episodes
    Most Popular Episodes
    Episodes by Date
    Categories
    A to Z

Already tested and working on:
    Vu+ Duo with Openvix 3.0
    Gigablue Quad Openvix 3.0
    Azbox HD Elite Openrsi 3.0

The licence is GNU v3. So, if any one has any python skills with Enigma2 and want to work on it, go right ahead.
    You don't need my permission to copy, reproduce or distribute this.

I have no connection with RTE.

This is my first plugin for Enigma2. I am not a professional programmer, I did programming in college over ten years ago. So if you see something majorly wrong programming wise, please don't shot me. :)

I started this on Wednesday, while work was quiet. Hopefully I will have more time to put into this project, but no guarantees.

I take no responsibility if anything goes wrong with your satellite receiver by using this plugin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭slegs

Good work. Works on AZBox HD OpenRSI 2.1 also.

Will test on Vu Plus Ultimo using OpenVIX 3 shortly ( but if working on Duo then it should be fine )

This is a real addition to Enigma..

well done
    Slegs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

I was only talking about this last week. Fair play.

I am going to give this a go on the Uno.

Update: Crashing on Blackhole 1.72 on play.

Dependencies ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

STB wrote: »

Dependencies ?

I would imagine You will need a more up to date image then that.

givecredit wrote: »
    I would imagine You will need a more up to date image then that.

Why ?

RogerThis will be glad to know that this is working on the Amiko Alien2 Triple tuner per a user in the terrestrial forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭RogerThis

Alpha Build 2
    Adds:
    Categories
    A to Z

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31328853/rteplayer%20Alpha%202.zip

I was only talking about this last week. Fair play.

I am going to give this a go on the Uno.

Dependencies ?

Not sure why this isn't work. Does it green screen?

RogerThis wrote: »
    Not sure why this isn't work. Does it green screen?

Yep. I am just reading the crashlog now.

Why ?

On Blackhole support for streaming didnt come until version 1.76 and later.

If you cannot update to this try Openpli.

I now have RTE player version2 running on 2 VU Duos running Vix3

and on a Clone Dreambox 800hd SE running openpli.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Tried this on my DM800se clone with TS image and it green screened.

I will try the latest alpha and see.
    Would love to get this working.
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Just a post to say fair play to RogerThis for the plugin.

I'll try installing it tomorrow hopefully, it's nice to see some Irish-centric plugins!

byte wrote: »
    Just a post to say fair play to RogerThis for the plugin.

I'll try installing it tomorrow hopefully, it's nice to see some Irish-centric plugins!

Here Here..

Well done RogerThis. Thank you for this great plugin. Its a nice New Years Present for us Irish Enigma2 Users...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭slegs

Works on VU+ Ultimo running VIX 3.0 :)

Class plugin

Beta 1
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31328853/rteplayer%20Beta%201.zip

Fixed unicode character ' -to '
    code cleanup
    Add icon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Great work Rogerthis ,keep up the updates.

I tried the plugin on 2 different Dm800's but had no success with either one.
    One box is running Dream Elite Phoenix 2 ,it opens the selected tv shows but nothing seems to load,it just stays at 0 in progress.
    Second box is running Open Pli 2.1 ,it green screens when any category section is opened.

Zardoz wrote: »
    I tried the plugin on 2 different Dm800's but had no success with either one.
    What image are you using? seems to work better with openpli.
    One box is running Dream Elite Phoenix 2 ,it opens the selected tv shows but nothing seems to load,it just stays at 0 in progress.
    Second box is running Open Pli 2.1 ,it green screens when any category section is opened.

Strange, are you in Ireland? Does it crash any where else?

What image are you using? seems to work better with openpli.
    Strange, are you in Ireland? Does it crash any where else?
    In Ireland,yes .
    Open Pli is crashing ,green screen,seems to be happening with 1 channel too .Mytube is fine.Most likely an image issue as I cant seem to get anything to install from TSPanel either on Open Pli ,keeps on giving a Wget error.

The play code is taken straight from 1channel. If you get 1channel working, well, rte player will work too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

The play code is taken straight from 1channel. If you get 1channel working, well, rte player will work too ;)

I have 1channel working but rteplayer plugin green screens on both my 800se
    And 800hd. I have TS image on both boxes.
    I will delete it and try again

Cheers,I see .
    Must be an image issue as 1channel loads on the Dream Elite image but progress stays at 0,wont play file,just like RTE player .
    It used to work before but I rarely watched 1channel as I felt the Dm800 wasnt really up to the job of streaming,it lacks memory.
    The Open Pli image is OpenPLi-2.1-beta-dm800-20120816#SSL84b by gjstroom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭jolatacqce

just downloaded this plugin,it works 100% on my VU+DUO,Blk.hole1.7.9 image,no green screens.Ialso tried it in the AZ-BOX Premium,Spaze2.2 image,no green screens,but I couldn't get it to play any of the videos.

Cheers,I see .
    Must be an image issue as 1channel loads on the Dream Elite image but progress stays at 0,wont play file,just like RTE player .
    It used to work before but I rarely watched 1channel as I felt the Dm800 wasnt really up to the job of streaming,it lacks memory.
    The Open Pli image is OpenPLi-2.1-beta-dm800-20120816#SSL84b by gjstroom

You need to update your image.

1. Install gtstroom must up to date image:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9860949/dm800/openpli-2.1-beta-dm800-20130106-sim2-ssl84b.nfi?dl=1">

Then
    Edit the /etc/opkg/3rd-party-feed.conf and replace:

Code:
    src/gz openpli-3rd-party http://downloads.pli-images.org/feeds/openpli-2.1/dm800/3rd-party with:

src/gz openpli-3rd-party http://dl.dropbox.com/u/124465398/dm800/3rd-party

Restart enigma. Then go to plugins and install etlivestream from entensions.

Then install RTE PLAYER and enjoy.

gtstroom image is rebuilt daily. Just put today's date in link for most recent build.

1channel and ice stream will also work with this image.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Works a treat. Good job

You need to update your image.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9860949/dm800/openpli-2.1-beta-dm800-20130106-sim2-ssl84b.nfi?dl=1">

Then
    Edit the /etc/opkg/3rd-party-feed.conf and replace:

Code:
    src/gz openpli-3rd-party http://downloads.pli-images.org/feeds/openpli-2.1/dm800/3rd-party with:

src/gz openpli-3rd-party http://dl.dropbox.com/u/124465398/dm800/3rd-party

gtstroom image is rebuilt daily. Just put today's date in link for most recent build.

1channel and ice stream will also work with this image.
    Thanks ,I tried that ,updated to newest Open Pli image but 1channel and RTE Player keep green screening .
    I am going to have to give up for the time being ,I've spent hours at it today ,its very strange ,it just wont work.It seems once I request an url it crashes .

The newest image of Open Pli is fairly buggy to be honest ,alot of freezing up,not stable at all.

Thanks ,I tried that ,updated to newest Open Pli image but 1channel and RTE Player keep green screening .
    I am going to have to give up for the time being ,I've spent hours at it today ,its very strange ,it just wont work.It seems once I request an url it crashes .

The newest image of Open Pli is fairly buggy to be honest ,alot of freezing up,not stable at all.

OpenPli has never been more stable. I have yesterdays build running on a DM800HD and its very stable. The current pli build has been the same since OCT 2012. All that Gtstroom daily build does is update the enigma2 changes.

I suggest you reflash the box. (It only takes about 10min) When you are asked if you want to restore settings, say no to this. Then do as I said in previous post. If this does not work for you unfortunately I suspect you may have a hardware problem.

How does installing etlivestream help? Is it because there isn't a default player in gtstroom?

I wonder would it help if that was installed on other images?

I'm good at the regex, and parsing the web pages, but I don't know a lot about how the streams are getting played.

OpenPli has never been more stable. I have yesterdays build running on a DM800HD and its very stable. The current pli build has been the same since OCT 2012. All that Gtstroom daily build does is update the enigma2 changes.

I suggest you reflash the box. (It only takes about 10min) When you are asked if you want to restore settings, say no to this. Then do as I said in previous post. If this does not work for you unfortunately I suspect you may have a hardware problem.
    Ok ,thanks,I will give that a go .
    By flashing do you mean via the network,i.e hold power button while plugging in to get dhcp ip ?
    Thats what i did to load the newest Open Pli image.
    Perhaps it restored settings automatically as my bouquets were still on the newer image.
    Do u have a clone or genuine Dm800 ?

Ok ,thanks,I will give that a go .
    By flashing do you mean via the network,i.e hold power button while plugging in to get dhcp ip ?
    Thats what i did to load the newest Open Pli image.
    Perhaps it restored settings automatically as my bouquets were still on the newer image.
    Do u have a clone or genuine Dm800 ?

Yes, flashing via web browser. In setup you are asked do you want to restore settings. Say No. This gives you a clean flash with no bouquets etc. This might clear the cause of your green screen. Do not forget to install etlivestreams.

This image will only work on a sim 2 dreambox. (Clone)

How does installing etlivestream help? Is it because there isn't a default player in gtstroom?

I wonder would it help if that was installed on other images?

I'm good at the regex, and parsing the web pages, but I don't know a lot about how the streams are getting played.

installing etlivestream adds software to your receiver to help in playing webstreams. I have it installed in all my images in VU and Dreambox. Vix will not play certain web radio stations without it. Openpli does not play your plugin without it.

Yes it would help if it was installed in other images. I used to have it in Blackhole image in the past to help in playing radio streams.

• Advertisement

Yes, flashing via web browser. In setup you are asked do you want to restore settings. Say No. This gives you a clean flash with no bouquets etc. This might clear the cause of your green screen. Do not forget to install etlivestreams.

This image will only work on a sim 2 dreambox. (Clone)
    Tried flashing the latest PLi image and it loaded up the bouquets without giving any option to restore settings.
    I then did a factory reset.
    I then flashed a different image ,a clean Nemesis 2.6 image to try and clear the Open Pli settings out .
    I finally reinstalled the latest Open Pli image and the bloody Bouquets had miracously reappeared :mad:
    Its weird .
    I've tried a number of Open Pli images and they all green screen.
    I cant download anything via TSpanel either it gives a wget error .
    I think its some sort of a network issue as TSPanel works fine on every other image I've tried .

Advertisement