Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Epic animal Battles, who would win

Options
  • 04-01-2013 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Was having a discussion with one of my friends the other day where we pitted various animals against each other and gave our opinion on who would win in a fight.
    So what do you guys think?? Im going to start it off with,

Hippo vs. Rhino

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Man V Everything, we are flogging them up at the moment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

mahonykid wrote: »
    Hippo vs. Rhino

At least make it fair.

Hippo vs. Mary Harney

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

What training do they have? Do they have any weapons? Is either fighting on home ground? What's the weather like? Has either been altered by science to have it's brain implanted in a 200 foot tall robot? We need details before answers can be found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

The hippo has the advantage of being waterborne and being able to dodge a charging rhino by diving. It's totally at home in the water.

It also has gigantic sharp teeth and kills more humans than lions in Africa every year. They can be vicious when territorial. Have a fairly thick hide as well, so might even be able to withstand a puck from the rhino, though not a charge on open ground.

I've thought about this too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭mahonykid

The hippo has the advantage of being waterborne and being able to dodge a charging rhino by diving. It's totally at home in the water.

I think we must decide on a fair neutral ground for this fight because the hippo being waterborne and the rhino being landborne each would have the advantage in their own turf. I think a bog of some sort would suffice as a neutral ground

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Was having a discussion with one of my friends the other day where we pitted various animals against each other and gave our opinion on who would win in a fight.
    So what do you guys think?? Im going to start it off with,

Hippo vs. Rhino

The Manbearpig.... he would win everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

At least make it fair.

Hippo vs. Mary Harney

Gimme fifty euro on Derek Davis :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

I think its only fair that the referee should also be an animal but which one would be the fairest judge?

I think its only fair that the referee should also be an animal but which one would be the fairest judge?

I don't want to be big headed...but I'm a fair animal.

http://www.buzzle.com/images/african-animals/fennec-fox.jpg

Probably some sort of bird so they could observe the fight from the air, or else an elephant to seperate the two of them in case the fight gets dirty

• Advertisement

Probably some sort of bird so they could observe the fight from the air, or else an elephant to seperate the two of them in case the fight gets dirty

or maybe both that might work

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Kung Fu Panda.

/thread

and before anyone jumps in with the whole tigar vs lion question heres your answer..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12669308

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Conbhar

How about a polar bear vs grizzly bear?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

This is a strange conversation....

polar all the way, they are solely carnivours wheras grizzlys only eat fish and other stupid foods like berries

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Conbhar

polar all the way, they are solely carnivours wheras grizzlys only eat fish and other stupid foods like berries

See that's what i was thinking!

A honey badger would kick the ****e out of a polar bear....fact

honey badgers are crazy b****ds alright, never back down
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Penguin v giraffe...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The Siberian Tiger is king of all cats. The Males can reach 50 stone weight and are known to hunt bears in the wilds of Siberia. Beautiful animal but a deadly killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

what's the best kind of bear?

phasers wrote: »
    what's the best kind of bear?

Fosters. Best bleddy bear in all of 'stralia!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

We know the outcomes for some animal battles. Lion is generally beaten by bears and gorillas generally beat aggressive dogs that were sent after them.

Penguin v giraffe...

Are you mad ??:eek:

great white shark vs killer whale

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Paddington vs Winnie the Pooh?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Are you mad ??:eek:

great white shark vs killer whale

Interesting one, the Killer Whale is bigger and they are known to be particularly vicious in combat, although they usually hunt in pods. I think I've heard that a shark will retreat from a bigger opponent.

Interesting one, the Killer Whale is bigger and they are known to be particularly vicious in combat, although they usually hunt in pods. I think I've heard that a shark will retreat from a bigger opponent.

think i watch a documentery too where killer whales were after finding out how to hunt great whites off the coast of South Africa, Smart Animals gonna have to give it to the killer whale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Honey badger vs. Wolverine.

Now I'd pay good money to download that video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Honey badger vs. Wolverine.

Now I'd pay good money to download that video.

I would put the money on the wolverine which have been known to take down moose.

Advertisement