Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

My friends dad was working in a field for his neighbour one evening, just cutting the grass I think. He was driving his own tractor.

Anyway it got late, and with the job nearly done, he continued on through the darkness and finished the job. Then the most strange thing happened to him. He could not find his way out of the field. He just could not find the gate. He spent a half an hour driving around the (small enough) field trying to get out. This was a man who had been in this field probably hundreds of times, and was very familiar with the field and the gateway out of it, he knew exactly where it was, but on this night he could not find it. He was soon in tears and rang his son crying for help. Anyways the son (my friend who told me the story) arrived down at the field, and watched his father driving around the field like mad, like he was in a real panic. He often shone the lights of the tractor on the gate, but he still could not see the gate. The son was so frightened that he didnt go in the field and just tried ringing him. This continued until it started to get bright, and when it did get bright the father found his way out. Never again has he stayed in a field past dark.

Anyway, the explanation for this is that the field supposedly had Forgeen Mara (wrong spelling, but thats how its pronounced). Forgeen Mara is a magic that is supposed to be in fields that have or used to have ringforts in them. And in these fields, things like this can happen after dark.

Those of you in rural Ireland will probably have heard of it and heard of expiriences of it. Ask many farmers and you will hear of it, I asked my dad, uncles, neighbours (this was the 1st id ever heard of it) and they all say its real and happens. And know people who its happened to.

This story creeped me out alot when I heard it first.

Have any of you heard of this happening elsewhere?

BTW, some may think this is very far fetched, but this really did happen I assure ye!

I believe you. The same thing happened to a friend of my grandfather years back. He was out setting traps for rabbits in a field during the day and when he had the work done he went home. Later that night he returned to the field to see if he had caught anything. What he saw was that all the traps were opened but there were no rabbits caught in them. He found this terribly strange and went around and closed all the traps again. When the work was done he decided to go home but could not see the gate he came in anywhere. He walked around and around the field for about an hour but there was still no sign of the gate. Eventually he decided to jump through the ditch and he landed not too far away from where the gate was. He could not see the gate from the inside but could only see it when he jumped out. Similar story to yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

I believe you. The same thing happened to a friend of my grandfather years back. He was out setting traps for rabbits in a field during the day and when he had the work done he went home. Later that night he returned to the field to see if he had caught anything. What he saw was that all the traps were opened but there were no rabbits caught in them. He found this terribly strange and went around and closed all the traps again. When the work was done he decided to go home but could not see the gate he came in anywhere. He walk around and around the field but there was still no sign of the gate. Eventually he decided to jump through the ditch and he landed not too far away from where the gate was. He could not see the gate from the inside but could only see it when he jumped out. Similar story to yours.

Its very very strange, there is no possible explanation for it is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Its very very strange, there is no possible explanation for it is there?

They just say that some fields are haunted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

My 13 year old daughter see's and feels (horrific) things that are not there to most people, ghosts, etc. I have a friend who has always seen strange things

My sister-in-law has a nephew who has seen bad things since he was born. He was very disturbed as a baby and young child until he could verbalise and get across what he was seeing. The only person whose company he'd feel at ease in was his cousin of the same age (my niece). She would see things too but only when she was with him - she called them the fuzzy people but she would only see nice things and people such as her much loved and dead grandmother but she seemed to have the ability to 'soften' what he was seeng. He was taught by some kind of spiritualist/psychic to 'pull down the light around him' and he became a much happier child. I'm not sure what the situation is with him now. I must ask. On the other hand when I was wating at the doctors once I read a short snippet in a magazine about a type of epilepsy that conjured exactly the type of things he would see but I can't remember what it was called and when I've looked on the web I can't find any mention of it.
    I am fairly positive that this is a belief passed down from slavery, but the women in my family believe in being born with a veil over the face. I think it is some of the afterbirth or something that is on the baby's face at the time it is born, but being born with a veil means that you will be able to look into the spirit world.

My mother and grandmother were both born with veils over their faces. I am not sure if I was as my mother refuses to acknowledge "that type of stuff" because she believes talking about it, brings it about.

It's a common belief in many cultures and countries.

Caul

The Caulbearer Webpage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

gonker wrote: »
    My phone typed this in my pocket on the 15th of november.

"Phase of the sands at 7 am impressions of iran a threat to the final count down timer"

It creeped me out. I can't figure out how it did it.

That is definitely creepy. It sounds like it could be a Nostradamus predictive text. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

I believe you. The same thing happened to a friend of my grandfather years back. He was out setting traps for rabbits in a field during the day and when he had the work done he went home. Later that night he returned to the field to see if he had caught anything. What he saw was that all the traps were opened but there were no rabbits caught in them. He found this terribly strange and went around and closed all the traps again. When the work was done he decided to go home but could not see the gate he came in anywhere. He walked around and around the field for about an hour but there was still no sign of the gate. Eventually he decided to jump through the ditch and he landed not too far away from where the gate was. He could not see the gate from the inside but could only see it when he jumped out. Similar story to yours.
    Have heard stories like yers around here, usually connected to fields with forts in them.

Apparently the only way to get out before light, is to turn your coat inside out and put it back on, just in case it happens to anyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

It's a common belief in many cultures and countries.

Caul

The Caulbearer Webpage

Thanks. It is interesting to know that this is a belief across multiple cultures.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

I was mugged at syringe point by a junkie in Dublin when i was 13 years old that was pretty fucked up & creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Aidric wrote: »
    Sleep paralysis has been mentioned a few times in this thread. It is certainly no laughing matter and is very scary when it happens. That feeling of complete helplessness in a traumatic situation is freaky to say the least.

It usually happens on the night after a particularly heavy binge, with narcotics involved. Seems to be a combination of a comedown and lack of sleep.
    MrPoker wrote: »
    Yeah I was out on Friday night and my last episode was on Saturday morning. I wonder just how common it is? Every time it happens I cant help thinking will I snap out of it as I lie there helpless? Really frightening experience.

I've always found it to be after lack of sleep. If i stay up for 20/24 hours or longer. And having drink involved does not help either. I really am curious as to how many people actually have experienced it?

BTW, this thread is great, even for someone as skeptical as me. ;) My brain always tells me there's a logical explanation for everything, that our senses can trick us, but as my dad says, (quite the skeptic also); there are some things in this world which the laws of physics and science just may not have any answers for.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I'm worried about the amount of farmers in this country who can't climb over a wall or through a ditch. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

This has happened me many times, as long as I can remember.

It's a dream, a nightmare I guess, but not like any other, I've had some bad ones too. I can't remember all of it but what I can goes like this..

I'm walking down a road near my house and for some reason start rooting in a bush. I find a wallet and bend down to pick it up. Can't remember what happens in between but I'm then in a massive massive white oval room. It's a particular kind of white that I've never seen elsewhere, kind of a shiney plasticy white with a hint of grey. The room has a roof that is kinda domed, like a dinner plate but a bit more. Same with the floor. In the centre is some sort of figure, it's black. I can't really recall it's features, my mind says its a black angel but I'm not a 100% sure. I think I might be imagining that fact. Anyway it's very slowly turning on the spot, or rather rotating and there is a light sweeping around the room like on a radar screen. It's a kind of yellowy white light(best I can describe it), not like any I've seen. The worst thing is the sound. It's the worst thing about it. It's an eerie, evil thing like I've never heard. Closest thing I can say its like is a religious choir song, you know the ones with loads singing at once, hi pitched. I like that type of music though, it really makes me feel nice. This is like a corrupted version of that nearly. It's musical but with no instruments as far as I can remember. It's not so similar to the choir though that Id say it was human at all. It's just fcuking creepy. Heart is beating in my chest like I'm after running a race even just talking about it.

Before the figure turns enough to face me I wake up. This is the strangest bit. Sometimes I'm mid run bursting into the landing. Sometimes my feet are just swinging out of the bed. Other times I'm in the bathroom. Split second after I wake up I vomit. Badly. I don't even have time to think "what the fcuk" before I puke. It's not even a second, but I don't wake up actually mid vomit.

Thing is though it's not like I have a stomach bug, besides being very shaken and scared I'm ok. I've never woken up and vomited besides when I've had this dream.

This has happened me a lot of times since I can remember, exact same dream each time. Haven't had it in a few years thank god but I'd say it's happened at least 15/20 times. Exact same every time except sometimes the figure turns around more than others before I wake up. Few times it barely turns before I wake up and puke. I don't ever want it to turn all the way around.

Very freaked out after writing this but if someone can offer some sort of scientific explanation I'd be very grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

From reading this thread i have come to the conclusion that mental illness is rife in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

b.harte wrote: »

Our eldest son is 3.5 years, he spends a lot of time playing in his room, a few months ago he started to mention "the boy", we thought he was talking about one of the other kids from crèche so didn't take much notice. Then it started to get a bit weird, he would come out of his room asking for food or a drink and when we would give him something he would often ask for another serving for the boy, we would observe him sitting on the bed as if he was having a picnic. We thought he had an imaginary friend.
    We were rearranging the furniture in the room a few weeks ago and when we moved a chest of drawers away from the wall there was an A4 print out of a photo behind it. I picked it up and saw that it was a picture of my wife and I on our wedding day with my parents.
    We called in the child and asked him who was in the photo, (we do this with every family photo as we don't see my lot often)
    He pointed out, "Mommy" "Daddy", "Grand-dad" and "THE BOY".
    My Mother is dead 5 years.
    My wife and I nearly s**t ourselves, so I asked him again who this was, pointing to my dead mother, he gave the same answer. I asked him was "the boy" nice and he said yeah.
    So at least that's not too bad.
    *my mother died from cancer, at the time of the picture she had really short hair and was after wasting away so she did look a bit "boyish"*

Bertie
    I think that's lovely rather than scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Bambi wrote: »
    I'm worried about the amount of farmers in this country who can't climb over a wall or through a ditch. :confused:

Shush, don't let common sense get in the way of a perfectly good explanation like ghosts and haunted fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I used to get some weird PMs from a user with no posts. They lived near me too and the whole thing genuinely creeped me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

There's less than a handful of people know what I'm about to say. As a matter of a fact, I'm after reading through this thread and realised that stuff happens, be it down to some people's interpretation of coincidence or just pure chance, or that there are certain things going on?!?! and believe me, I'm no fool.

My Dad passed away, near on ten years ago. He was the gentleman to introduce me to the Dubliners (Ronnie Drew more importantly), and Luke Kelly. We learned in March, 2003 that my Dad had cancer. I'll always remember, about two weeks later, spending one particular night staying at my mam and dad's house and my father in the worst pain which resulted in an ambulance being called and that man I loved and admired so much, simply because I could hear the man I (and as did my brothers and sisters), grow up, like most of us, with him being the strongest man you could ever meet, sound in so much agony. I had never seen him cry, Ever! and even in the depths of pain, he stayed being that strong man that we knew and loved so dearly.

To cut a long story short, the night my Dad passed away, and as sure as God is my witness, and for what seemed to me and my family was an eternity, but in effect was only a couple of minutes, my dad opened his eyes as wide as you can imagine, and I will never forget his natural grey eyes staring around the room. My mam then whispered something to him, and we never knew at that time what she said and she wouldn't tell any of us then and I swear to God (and btw, I'm crying as I type this) she only told me what she said to him a few weeks ago because something happened to allow this lady to say it to me. And lads, please believe me, his head lifted from the pillow and said, to all of us, "lads, I'm dying, I'll see ye", he passed away within a minute later. But before he passed away, and almost immediately after my mam had whispered in his ear, I asked him something.

By the way lads, my Dad was never told he had inoperable cancer or that he was dying, he was never told it, it all happened so fast. He loved Luke Kelly and I asked him to let me know he was all right and just let me hear Raglan road (his favourite song) in a pub or something (I know, a pub, luke kelly..). A couple of weeks later I was just after coming out of Tesco's and what do I hear over the tannoy in the shopping centre? It was a place I'd walked through many, many times before, and many times after, with nothing but pipe music. It was then I knew he was grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

My friends dad was working in a field for his neighbour one evening, just cutting the grass I think. He was driving his own tractor.

Anyway it got late, and with the job nearly done, he continued on through the darkness and finished the job. Then the most strange thing happened to him. He could not find his way out of the field. He just could not find the gate. He spent a half an hour driving around the (small enough) field trying to get out. This was a man who had been in this field probably hundreds of times, and was very familiar with the field and the gateway out of it, he knew exactly where it was, but on this night he could not find it. He was soon in tears and rang his son crying for help. Anyways the son (my friend who told me the story) arrived down at the field, and watched his father driving around the field like mad, like he was in a real panic. He often shone the lights of the tractor on the gate, but he still could not see the gate. The son was so frightened that he didnt go in the field and just tried ringing him. This continued until it started to get bright, and when it did get bright the father found his way out. Never again has he stayed in a field past dark.

Anyway, the explanation for this is that the field supposedly had Forgeen Mara (wrong spelling, but thats how its pronounced). Forgeen Mara is a magic that is supposed to be in fields that have or used to have ringforts in them. And in these fields, things like this can happen after dark.

Those of you in rural Ireland will probably have heard of it and heard of expiriences of it. Ask many farmers and you will hear of it, I asked my dad, uncles, neighbours (this was the 1st id ever heard of it) and they all say its real and happens. And know people who its happened to.

This story creeped me out alot when I heard it first.

Have any of you heard of this happening elsewhere?

BTW, some may think this is very far fetched, but this really did happen I assure ye!

My granddad claims that this happened to him when he was younger and he was with another person as well

• Registered Users Posts: 33,039 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sounds like an urban legend then?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

NIMAN wrote: »
    Sounds like an urban legend then?

More of a rural legend I would have thought :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 Brah

Well I had to make an account here just because of this thread. Great stuff. I can't think of anything myself at the moment but I know I have a few stories once I think of them and I'll post them here once I do. Great stories here folks. A few obvious fakes like the crutches and the priest on the phone but some scary stuff too! Probably shouldn't reading it at this hour, won't sleep a wink.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭tomthetank

his head lifted from the pillow and said, to all of us, "lads, I'm dying, I'll see ye", he passed away within a minute later.

Your Dad was a legend.

Sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,039 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Anyone ever hear about people on the verge of death getting strong smell of flowers?

I think I remember my mum telling me about her sister that died many moons back saying "anyone else smell those lovely roses in here" a few hours before her death.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Feckin crutches story again. Woke in a panic this morning having dreamt about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

Feckin crutches story again. Woke in a panic this morning having dreamt about it!

Am I the only one that doesn't find the crutches story that scary? I ended up following a link to creepy stories on reddit though. Woah, seriously bad idea:

http://www.reddit.com/r/creepy/comments/blhqk/im_going_camping_this_weekend_in_a_vt_creepy
    My buddy bought a house last summer. I won't say where exactly it is to protect the identity, but its in the backwoods of VT, miles from any small town even.
    over the winter he would often find wildlife in his yard, deer, moose, coy dogs, etc. and he would occasionally hear the crys and howls. pretty normal stuff for vermont woods. but sometimes he heard really, really, odd things. He would tell me about them waking him and his wife up at night but i always just told him thats what he gets for living out in the woods. wildlife can be loud. he always insisted it was more than that, but i never paid attention.
    that is until one night a bunch of us were out there watching a movie and we heard it. a very odd noise... and by odd i mean blood curdling inhuman... screams? i guess thats the best way to describe it. but with emphesis on inhuman, as it really didn't sound anything like a human screaming. it wasn't as high pitched and seemed to have multiple layers to it, like more than one voice. (i was a music major, im very good at picking out tones and intervals in sounds. i could tell you which notes are played and how many different ones there are in every car horn.) it sounded very, very close and you could almost feel it vibrating the house. we were all freaked out, but there was no way we were going out there to do anything about it. anyways, we just kind of ignored it and went back to the movie and ate junk food and by the time the night was over we all forgot about it and we went home.
    the next day my buddy calls me up and tells me there are tracks all over his backyard. and not really tracks as much as snow just being thrown around like there was a fight or something. there were no actual footprints he could find, but he did notice somewhat of a path made out heading into the woods. so my buddy got brave and ventured into the woods a bit in his snow shoes. he didnt get too far until he started seeing blood. everywhere. he looked around a little bit and saw a dead deer, literally torn apart in the snow. it didnt look like it was really eaten or anything, just ripped apart. one leg completely missing, other just kind of dangling by flesh. gruesome stuff.
    Now here's the really creepy part... and i don't know if this is just my buddy's mind going crazy or if he's playing a joke on us or what, but behind the corpse there were broken pine branches stuck straight up in the snow. like, they were deliberately placed there. almost like a shrine or a tombstone made of branches. needless to say, my buddy wised up and got the hell out of dodge and hasnt returned. But of course he didnt have his camera on him to prove it, not that he would have wanted to stick around long enough to take pictures anyways.
    as winter wore on he would still hear the noises fairly often in the woods. sometimes at night, less often during the day. He's asked around and no one can really tell him what it could be, but maybe he just isnt describing it very well.
    OK, fast forward to now. his property doesnt really go too far back, just a few acres, but there are literally no other houses around and there is this pretty cool mountain that we want to hike and camp out on. We are a bit concerned with whatever "animal" is out there, so we are bringing a gun. honestly though, I've camped out on a lot of the mountains around here and have never run into any problems, but the whole branch shrine thing really freaks me out as that would obviously not be done by an animal.
    So tomorrow night is the night we are going to hike up there and camp out. I am bring a camera. someone else is bringing the gun (i hate guns and will avoid being around it, but we all know how to use one in case it warrents it). if anything strange happens i will do my best to capture it on camera and come back to post here. (assuming i come back, haha...)
    In the mean time, any advice you guys would have for me? have you ever heard of anything like this happening? is there some crazy backwoods cult or folklore that i havent heard about? I'm going to bed now, but let me know and I'll be checking this space tomorrow during work. I'll also try to answer any questions you have.
    tl;dr: something lives in the mountains where my buddies and i are camping. it kills things annd then builds branch shrines to them.
    *EDIT: i appreciate all the feedback guys! heres the thing, we are doing this mostly for fun. we arent going to actively look for whatever it is thats out there. so we arent going to take fancy A/V equipment or any high tech web stuff. I am bringing a small camera that I've always had good luck with in capturing things in low light. *
    *EDIT 2: We made it back. Some pretty weird stuff happened while we were up there. I didn't really feel threatened at any point. we heard the noise. i tried to get it on tape but my batteries kept inexplicably dying, even after i replaced the battery with a fresh one. i managed to capture some of it though. also worth noting, we found some weird radio station signal. it kind of sounded like the beeps you get before the emergency broadcast system announces something on tv or the radio. There was also a new sound, it sounded kind of like a child yelling, but we passed it off as some some kind of weird bird. Lastly, we found some old bones. pretty small though. I will make a new submission for the video and also link it from here. *
    Here you go: http://www.reddit.com/r/creepy/comments/bm534/back_from_the_creepy_camping_trip_in_vt_heres/

The guy follows up on the story with a few other posts (definitely worth a read if you plan to never ever going into the woods again), one is a request to other posters to decode the radio transmissions. It transpires that the transmission is what's known as SSTV (aka. a crude way of transmitting images via radio), the guy posts these creepy, abstract, static-like decoded images, so I decided to take a look.
    Anyway, for no apparent reason, one of the images burned itself onto my laptop screen for about an hour before disappearing... absolutely hilarious as you can probably imagine...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

GRMA wrote: »
    This has happened me many times, as long as I can remember.

It's a dream, a nightmare I guess, but not like any other, I've had some bad ones too. I can't remember all of it but what I can goes like this..

I'm walking down a road near my house and for some reason start rooting in a bush. I find a wallet and bend down to pick it up. Can't remember what happens in between but I'm then in a massive massive white oval room. It's a particular kind of white that I've never seen elsewhere, kind of a shiney plasticy white with a hint of grey. The room has a roof that is kinda domed, like a dinner plate but a bit more. Same with the floor. In the centre is some sort of figure, it's black. I can't really recall it's features, my mind says its a black angel but I'm not a 100% sure. I think I might be imagining that fact. Anyway it's very slowly turning on the spot, or rather rotating and there is a light sweeping around the room like on a radar screen. It's a kind of yellowy white light(best I can describe it), not like any I've seen. The worst thing is the sound. It's the worst thing about it. It's an eerie, evil thing like I've never heard. Closest thing I can say its like is a religious choir song, you know the ones with loads singing at once, hi pitched. I like that type of music though, it really makes me feel nice. This is like a corrupted version of that nearly. It's musical but with no instruments as far as I can remember. It's not so similar to the choir though that Id say it was human at all. It's just fcuking creepy. Heart is beating in my chest like I'm after running a race even just talking about it.

Before the figure turns enough to face me I wake up. This is the strangest bit. Sometimes I'm mid run bursting into the landing. Sometimes my feet are just swinging out of the bed. Other times I'm in the bathroom. Split second after I wake up I vomit. Badly. I don't even have time to think "what the fcuk" before I puke. It's not even a second, but I don't wake up actually mid vomit.

Thing is though it's not like I have a stomach bug, besides being very shaken and scared I'm ok. I've never woken up and vomited besides when I've had this dream.

This has happened me a lot of times since I can remember, exact same dream each time. Haven't had it in a few years thank god but I'd say it's happened at least 15/20 times. Exact same every time except sometimes the figure turns around more than others before I wake up. Few times it barely turns before I wake up and puke. I don't ever want it to turn all the way around.

Very freaked out after writing this but if someone can offer some sort of scientific explanation I'd be very grateful.

That is fc%&ing scary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

NIMAN wrote: »
    Anyone ever hear about people on the verge of death getting strong smell of flowers?

I think I remember my mum telling me about her sister that died many moons back saying "anyone else smell those lovely roses in here" a few hours before her death.
    I have heard of people smelling oranges.

Scientists say it is due to some biochemical change in the brain before death.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

Woke up one night to the sound of two men having a chat in my bedroom, I nearly sh*t myself and didn't dare open my eyes or move for what seemed like ages, then I copped on that the baby monitor had picked up on a CB conversation two truckers were having

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

Just remembered another one:

We live near a German Concentration Camp and whenever we have visitors we always take them there to visit the place, we've visited quite a few other camps over the years, and they really are truly creepy places, when we entered the pathology buiding in the Sachsenhausen Camp and went down to the mortuary cellar, I got the weirdest feeling and couldn't get out of there fast enough, but the absolute creepiest thing was, there were loads of photos from the camp, malnutritioned people who were little more that living skeletons, one exhibition showed photos of children that Dr Josef Mengele "took care of" (he did loads of grusome experiments on children - unbearable to think of really) anyway, I was visiting the camp with my parents and husband and each of us wandered off on their own looking at the photos and reading reports at their own pace, I came acroos of a photo of a child and she was the image of my youngest daughter, had some have shown me that photo out of context, I would have sworn it was a photo of her, photoshopped to make it look old, I felt sick to my stomach and had to leave the building, I went out side only to find my father, white as chalk frantically smoking a cigarette, just as I arrived outside, my mother came up behind, shaking like a leaf, followed by my husband equally distraught looking, they too had seen the photo and thought it looked exactly like my daughter too, we could only imagine the toture that child had to endure and her being the image of my daughter brought it closer to home.

We went back a while later looking to find the photo, to see if the likeness was still there, but this time prepared for the shock, but unfortunately it was a traveling exhibition, so we never saw it again

EDIT
    Re. birds not flying over the camps, I've been to Buchenwald, Bergen Belsen and Sachsenhausen Concentration Camps, and yes, there were birds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

my younger brother would post this here but he isnt a member.

he was driving around stepaside with his then 4 year old son. his fiance's dad had just died and as they were passing a house in the area cillian said 'thats grand dads house' and pointed to the house. he was only 4 at the time and was never told that his late grand father had lived there 30/40 years previous

he has done and said some spooky stuff in his 5 and a half years and thats just one example

Yeah, just to back this up. They were on holiday a couple of years ago and the young lad kept saying "Sarah is going to heaven when we go on holiday". Sarah was his cousin, my bro and his fiancée were going on holiday with her brother and partner, and Sarah was one their children. Half way through the holiday, Sarah jumps into the swimming pool, gets into difficulty and very nearly drowns.

He also had this imaginary friend called Brian Pickles. When my bro's fiancée's father died, they were looking at photos of him when he was younger. The young fella points at one and says "there's Brian Pickles!" He definitely has the shinning.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

When I broke my leg (thigh bone) I had to be put into skeletal-traction. The only way to do this is to put a steel bar through your shin and use it to stretch the leg out. So I consented to having my shin drilled. The problem was, the doctor wouldnt give me any more anesthetic or knock me out (because I was loaded up on morpheine as it was). So, they had to drill my shin while I was conscious and by reports, screaming blue murder. They gave me a memory-wipe drug (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midazolam) after the fact and to this day I cant remember anything of the event. I have the signed document of consent and the recollections of people who were there.... but for me, its like that part of the experience just got fast forwarded.

I woke up in a hospital bed with a bar through my shin and weights attached to it in the middle of the night. Not something I recommend.

Advertisement