Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

TheStook wrote: »
    The worst thing about the ridiculous amount of attempted child abduction stories is the fact that there are so many people who weren't so lucky, who don't have a story to tell.

Tis scary alright. Who said the good ol days were safe eh? These things just weren't as widely reported back then as they are now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

A few things:
    I was cycling home from a friends house late one night when I was about 15, there is a 90deg bend at the bottom of a hill and a factory entrance there.The area is low lying so gets foggy from the marsh there. (near the sea). Anyway I was happy out on the bike coasting down the hill, the lights from the factory entrance on the fog gave a weird glow, I turned around the corner and as I left the light patch into the mist it felt like something solid and cold passed up along my left arm, frightened the crap out of me and I sprinted the rest of the way home.
    I didn't even want to stop to open the gate so I cycled into / through the garden hedge and ran in the door, the parents were up they looked at me and asked what happened, apparently I was ghostly white according to my mam. The brother wasn't impressed the next day when he was picking bits of hedge from his bike.

Our house is about 100 years old, it's an old stone cottage on the side of a mountain, gets blasted by cold winds in the winter months. We've done well with insulating it etc. and we have the heating sorted so the house always feels warm when we want it to, except for one part, halfway up the stairs where it's skinning. We have two dogs, both of them will plod up the stairs to halfway, then the hairs stand up and they either bolt the rest of the way or back down. Funny thing is that it's not the original stairs, we moved it during the renovations. My wife reminded me that when we bought the place first the dogs wouldn't go upstairs at all, and both spent a while growling at the base of the original stairs. Weird.

Our eldest son is 3.5 years, he spends a lot of time playing in his room, a few months ago he started to mention "the boy", we thought he was talking about one of the other kids from crèche so didn't take much notice. Then it started to get a bit weird, he would come out of his room asking for food or a drink and when we would give him something he would often ask for another serving for the boy, we would observe him sitting on the bed as if he was having a picnic. We thought he had an imaginary friend.
    We were rearranging the furniture in the room a few weeks ago and when we moved a chest of drawers away from the wall there was an A4 print out of a photo behind it. I picked it up and saw that it was a picture of my wife and I on our wedding day with my parents.
    We called in the child and asked him who was in the photo, (we do this with every family photo as we don't see my lot often)
    He pointed out, "Mommy" "Daddy", "Grand-dad" and "THE BOY".
    My Mother is dead 5 years.
    My wife and I nearly s**t ourselves, so I asked him again who this was, pointing to my dead mother, he gave the same answer. I asked him was "the boy" nice and he said yeah.
    So at least that's not too bad.
    *my mother died from cancer, at the time of the picture she had really short hair and was after wasting away so she did look a bit "boyish"*

Bertie

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

You bunch of complete and utter bastards!

chilling but I cant stop reading

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

3am job. Hearing cats crying for the first time sounded like a banshee. Me and 2 brothers were terrified. They were munching on a pigeon, we it the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Not sure if I posted this before but here goes.....

Back in 1992 I was minding a house for friends of my parents who were in the UK for a week. The house was built on the edge of the town and in the early '70's and never gave off a creepy vibe or anything and I had been quite content in pottering about in it by myself over the week. The Saturday night before they returned home I was treating myself to a late-night dessert in the kitchen when between midnight and 1 am a loud, sharp 3 knocks came from upstairs. Thinking the spare room door was ajar or something, I went upstairs to check - all doors shut tight. Thought nothing of it and went about finishing off the night and went to bed.
    At approx 5.45 the doorbell went - I sat bolt upright and looked out the window. My mother and sisters were standing outside the front door. On opening it, they became very upset and I asked what was wrong. All my mother could say was "Stephen is dead". As the name of the house owner is Stephen, I spluttered "WHAT?What happened, was there a crash coming back to the Ferry??" My sister said "No, our Stephen" My closest cousin had been out in a nightclub on the outskirts of the next town over and had a blazing row with his Fianceé, got on the back of a mates motorbike not knowing the mate was coked off his head and had been killed when the bike went out of control on the way back into the town.
    When I got myself together I asked what time it happened. Some time between midnight and 1am. It was only then I realised I had heard "The Knock" that my granny had been telling us about since we were little kids.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

My god , that crutches story had me awake last night ....

Jesus .. My dad had a similar story .. I'll post later when I get the details..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Yeah I woke up very tired one morning. I made my way down the stairs very quietly so I wouldn't wake anybody........I got to the kitchen and it was so dark......Opened the cupboard......and there it was. An empty space.....No coffee.....

Scared the sh*t out of me. Had tea instead. Never want to go through that again

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ChicaneAuto

Have to laugh at the people who fob off their experiences as sleep paralysis.
    Yes it is sleep paralysis but what is that? How do you know it's not caused by the malevolent figure that most of you experience?my brother gets that a lot of the time. My dad used to wake up with a woman with a knife standing over him, thought it was my mam for a long time! Haha

Another story my dad tells me, and bear in mind he's the biggest cynic you'll get.
    He was driving home from work as a chef through the back roads around Clondalkin in the late 70's or early 80's. Around a bend he sees a farmer walking across the road with a metal bucket. He jammed on the brakes but it was too late, he hit him, heard the bucket getting run over and the guy hitting the floor pan with a series of dull thuds and everything. He screeched to a halt and just sat there frozen with panic for a moment. Terrified he'd killed the man he finally plucked up the courage to look behind him, the man was gone. He reversed a bit and even got out to double check, not a sign.
    He drove home in a cold sweat, eventually he asked around and found out that some auld lad that lived there had been run over about four years previously while milking the cows early in the morning.

An uncle of mine built his own house in 1982 on his dads land. Every now and then he might get up in the middle of the night to take a piss or get a drink, he'll see maybe three to six people walking down his hall at an angle, through walls as if they are following an old path that didn't line up with his hall. They are again, carrying buckets! They are dressed in very old, scraggy attire looking malnourished, their feet are only visible in some parts of the hall as if they are walking on an undulating track that again doesn't comply with the hall floor. As it happens there is an old water pump opposite the house in the line of these peoples path, that is on a well that even predates the pump significantly. My uncle never feels threatened by the walkers, just stands aside until they pass and goes about his business.

Nothing ghostly has ever happened to me thank god, I'd sheeite a pallet of breeze blocks but apparently the old part of my house is haunted.and I just moved rooms to it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

bijapos wrote: »
    ]

About the knocking on the window, it's very often a bird, they see the reflection of the moon or other light on a window pane and start to peck at it trying to pick it up, used to freak me out until my grandad showed me one night what was happening. A strong beaked bird like a crow can hit a pane with a lot of force, louder than someone knocking on it. (Hope this helps!)

My granny lived back near Kilmallock. I was staying there years ago and was woken by a violent banging on the window really early in the morning. It scared me so much! Turned out it was an eejit of a crow who would come along every morning to admire himself in the window :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Verygames11

BBDBB wrote: »
    You bunch of complete and utter bastards!

chilling but I cant stop reading

Hahahaha same here:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

What is it about dogs and their sixth sense?

I have never seen anything to freak me out but my dog did when I was a kid. We had a very smart Jack Russell when we were kids. He would know our Dad's car engine miles away, start getting excited and barking 10/15 minutes before my Dad drove into our drive. My mother always knew when to start the veg :P We were always amazed by him, and how smart he was.
    However, one thing he did really freaked us kids out, was to whine, howl like mad, when he was in the car when ever we drove passed a derelict house on top of the hill at the crossroads you need to pass before turing down into the road to our house.. my Mam told us, what our Grandad had told her, that the house had some really bad stories connected to it about children starving to death over a period of time and not being helped by a rich landowner. It had a bitter after taste for folks living in the area at the time of the childrens' death and this Irish landowner was hated.. anyway, as kids we've often go into old houses and mess about, try to scare the living daylights out of each other, telling stories and that.. but we never went near that house, knew better and I guess we were smart enough to trust our dog - he'd go anywhere with us, but never there.

I also remember, from when I was a kid, my Mother and some neighbours in our kitchen talking in hushed tones about a dying old man - can't remember his name - whose sheep dog/collie had been howling outside his house for days/nights sitting in the middle of the road.. and how he stopped once the man died, he just whined and slunked away, despondent.. funny how dogs always know, amazing creatures.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

Mr.Wemmick wrote: »
    She said it was really odd as the man was tall, frowning face, distinctive looking, beard etc. said she know him immediately if she ever saw him again,

Solved this one for you.:D
    couldn't resist sorry

http://www.dreadcentral.com/img/news/dec10/horrorfest1.jpg

GKidd wrote: »
    Just Athlone

Mullingar .......... of all places
    b.harte wrote: »
    A few things:

Our eldest son is 3.5 years, he spends a lot of time playing in his room, a few months ago he started to mention "the boy",
    Wow

My 13 year old daughter see's and feels (horrific) things that are not there to most people, ghosts, etc. I have a friend who has always seen strange things, and one day we were visiting from london. When we left I asked her did she see anything strange in his house.

yes she said .... a little boy .... a sad little boy, sniffling ... crying, sitting down the back. My friend asked her what the boy looked like .... and without hesitation she said I don't really know ... he doesn't have a face, that was all she described and it freaked my friend out.

He has seen and heard the boy for years, and can never make out the face, he believed her because she explained it so simply, with no exageration.

Mr.Wemmick wrote: »
    What is it about dogs and their sixth sense?.

My jackers sometimes will just stare blankly at one area, like they are ready to attack something. WHY do they do this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

ive only told my 2 brothers about this:
    the night my grandfather died me and my grandmother visited him at 4am because we both felt we needed to. we were told to go home and get sleep as he would be ok and would make it through the night (he was expected to die but not for another few days)
    anyway me and my nana head home and head to bed. about an hour later i woke to white noise in the corner of my room and saw my grandfather standing smiling at me in 1950's clothes, i wasnt a bit afraid and smiled back. just a minute later my phone rang and the nurse said that he had just passed away

i swear 100% this happened and it will stay with me until the day i die myself

i didnt want to post it either because its private to me but this is a great thread

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Had a couple alright.

Once a woman mate of mine and me were walking through Dalkey in south Dublin one night. Going to a house party or some such. Anyway this truck stops and a guy hops out all friendly like asking for directions to the ferry. Sounded Dutch. Something struck me as odd about the whole thing so I was on edge. While he was engaging my mate and being really obvious trying to engage me, who do I spot only his mate, who had climbed outa the truck on the other side, but rather than take the shortest route around the front of the truck had gone all the way around the back and was sneaking up behind and it was really clear he was sneaking up behind. I grabbed her by the arm and walked straight towards the sneaky guy and he backtracked real quickly. The other guy was all "ahh c'mon we mean no harm" while rabbiting to the other guy in Dutch. Yer wan understood Dutch as it turns out and she later told me the gist was "this isn't going to work let's go". Needless to say we legged it.

Another time in a mates house in the corner of my eye I spotted who I took to be his ma asking if I'd like tea as was her wont. I turned around a bit more and didn't recognise the woman, but it wasn't his ma. Turned back to my mate and when I looked again she was gone. His reply? Oh her? yea we see her from time to time. Eh wut? :eek:

Another time 20 odd years ago now, me and a mate were driving up a country road, quite a big one, but a rural setting. It suddenly got a bit foggy, so even though I could see 50 yards/metres ahead I slowed right down. Suddenly and I do mean suddenly an elderly figure was right there in my headlights about 10 yards/metres ahead. My mate screamed a warning. I slammed on the anchors but I was sure I had hit him(t'was a him, can still see his face). No noise or feeling of impact and not a dent or scratch on the car. So we stopped and got out in a panic, but no sign of anyone and the fog had thinned out at this stage. We looked and looked but no joy and there was nowhere someone might have been thrown into and missed. Plus if I'd hit someone hard enough to catapult them 30 feet or whatever the car would have been rightly fecked. Latterly we heard that this was a well enough known thing on that stretch of road. Real effin odd. If I was on my own I'd say I was tired or otherwise delusional, but two pairs of eyes saw this and two pairs of sphincters loosened. Funny enough something almost identical happened to my da and his cousin many years ago, only in a Dublin street at night. They went to the Guards in a panic and were also told "oh yea we get that every so often".

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

Put this up in a similar thread.

I used to work in an old Distillery Museum as a tour guide. I'd heard rumours that it was haunted as some workers had been killed there (drowning in brewing vats, fermentation vats, fires etc.) But I didn't believe in it.

Each evening we had to lock up the distillery and it was my turn to lock up the Cooperage (where barrels are repaired), I had already locked up the rest of the buildings, closed the last door and I heard this weird noise.

We had one of these (the large tool for boring holes, against the wall) 232930.jpg hanging from a piece of wire to show tourists the old tools used. It was spinning, I mean properly whirling around at speed. I have never ran out of a room so quickly in my life.

I had some friends who worked in the kitchen area and their stories gave me goosebumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This thread has me hooked, probably one of the best Boards threads I have come across in a long time. An interesting database of hauntings in the North West and West of Ireland http://www.paranormaldatabase.com/ireland/roscommon.php

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

I always had a certain feeling about my house, it is lovely and warm and cosy but there is just a certain feeling about it at times. My mother told me one day that she was in bed one night and she woke up to her bedroom door opening, she thought it was my dad but my dad was right beside her snoring away. She said that this figure came into her room and the only way she can describe it was that it looked like a monk with his robe on and his hood up. She told me he walked right over to her side of her bed and put his hand on hers and she said it was ice cold, she tried waking my dad but my dad would sleep through an earthquake. She then said that man simply walked back out of her room and shut the door.

A few days ago I walked into my bedroom to a really strong smell of cigarettes, I don't smoke, my mam does but only smokes out in the back kitchen which is nowhere near my room. It stayed for a good while, i even checked the sockets incase one of them was burning it freaked me out so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Roisy7

miamee wrote: »
    Once I woke up because my best friend who was also my housemate had just whispered in my ear that he was leaving. When I woke up, no sign of him, he was asleep in his own room. Another night I was woken by my boss calling my name right behind me. I have looked it up and it is part of a sleep disorder...I can't remember what it's called.
    It's fairly spooky to have someone talking to you in your room when you're asleep. Not half as spooky as some of the other stories though and at least now I know it isn't real.

Is it Exploding Head Syndrome? Started getting it last year. First time it was someone calling my name. I remember thinking "oh, I've finally gone mad" but it's totally harmless. Your brain's going overtime that's all. I've heard gunshots, a sound like an orchestra playing a big chord (like at the end of "A Day in the Life") and most recently a F1 car revving. It's no longer freaky but it takes me ages to get to sleep after. Noticed being on the internet late at night doesn't help so good excuse not to read this thread after 9pm :D
    Yes it is sleep paralysis but what is that? How do you know it's not caused by the malevolent figure that most of you experience?my brother gets that a lot of the time. My dad used to wake up with a woman with a knife standing over him, thought it was my mam for a long time! Haha
    Lol I think most people would prefer to think it's their brains rather than an actual hag standing over their bed!!

This thread is brilliant, no sleep for a week after that crutch story and the guy in Taiwan!

When I was about 16 The Ring was on telly, stayed up to watch it. Went to bed, switched off the light in the kitchen before turning off the TV (I have to have TV/radio on if I'm on my own at the best of times, never mind after watching a horror) and the telly cuts out, making all this white noise. I know it was probably a tripped switch but after watching Samara come out of the TV I immediately freaked out.... So eventually went to bed, only to hear a rushing whispering noise on the way to my room. I thought maybe my mother was talking in her sleep (her room's next to mine). I called to her and she said, annoyed "I didn't say anything, I'm trying to sleep!"

There was no sleep for me that night!

When I was a kid, my neighbours' kids used to tell me that the old lady who lived there died in my room and she was watching me sleep. Turns out she died in hospital after getting a turn in town. Little feckers... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Shinaynay

i remember being told a story at a party by a german guy called ralph who'd basically hitch-hiked his way around ireland. he and his female travelling partner ended up hitching a lift by an old guy to a house in the middle of nowhere in the west- the house was in BITS and stank and felt wrong from the offset. Drinks were poured but ralph wasnt in the mood for alcohol. he noticed the old man didnt touch his either. within 5 minutes of a sip his female friend was violently ill. she ran upstairs to find the bathroom & went into a room where the matress was covered in dry blood! she ran down screaming at which point ralph produced his penknife and they f*cking legged it for about 2miles.. your one was in bits, puking as she ran and fainting!

there was way more detail but i was pished!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

This is a copy and paste of something I posted over three years ago here.
    One night I was in bed, and I woke up about two in the morning. I can't remember if I was dreaming before I woke, but I woke up and there was a boy (aged about four or five) standing in the room. The room was dark, with no windows (major fire safety hazard, I know), but I could see the boy clearly ... he wasn't glowing as such, but I could still see him. He was blond, wearing dark shorts and a white shirt. He looked very ... solemn, I suppose.

Well, he sat down on the single bed beside me, looking at me. I could feel his weight coming down onto the bed, and I grabbed my phone (which was under my pillow) and dived down under the covers. My heart was going so so fast, I was terrified, I wanted to scream but no one else was in the house. I was thinking totally logically through all of this, by the way, it certainly didn't feel like a dream. After a few minutes I felt the weight lifting off my bed where he'd been sitting, and I phoned my boyfriend. I was absolutely bawling crying, he couldn't come in to me from his house because he'd been drinking and couldn't drive, but he eventually convinced me to get out from under the covers and turn on the light. There was no one there. I stayed up reading for the rest of the night. I actually stayed in the house a couple more weeks after that, and nothing else odd happened.

Anyways, I started a new job in that town shortly after all this happened. One day on lunch break, we were discussing paranormal experiences in general. This episode had really stuck in my mind, so I told my colleagues about it. Long story short, there was a man working there who was in his forties, and had grown up just down the road from the house. When he was four, his twin brother died after being knocked down by a truck. The truck driver lived in the house I'd been staying in, and the boy had been knocked down right outside that house. The man brought in a photo of himself and his brother, and they both looked just like the boy I saw.

I don't believe in ghosts or any superstitious stuff. But I've never had a 'dream' like this before or since!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

When the boards are quite this is a great thread to have a read.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Conbhar

I know a story that sends shivers down my back every time i hear it. This happened to my mum about 30 odd years ago. She only ever told this once to my dad and would never speak of it again. We live on the old N15 road from donegal town to ballybofey, very close to barnesmore gap for those of u who know it. My house is on a corner just beside an old bridge which was a blackspot for accidents back before a bypass was opened.
    One day when my dad was at work and the rest of my sisters and brother were at school, my mum who was at home at the time heard what sounded like a horrible crash outside so she darted out of the house only to see that a lorry had crashed into the bridge. She ran over to see if the driver was hurt but as she got to the cab she seen that the driver was thrown through the windscreen and had ended up going over the bridge and landed on the river bank.
    She could see he was trying to move so she made her way down to him. When she got there she could see he was in pretty bad shape. She went to run bak into the house but the man said to her "please dont leave please dont go" She went over to him and took his hand in her hand and he smiled at her and died rite that second.
    As u can imagine mum was very upset by the whole thing. The next week, to the day of the accident, mum was at home as usual, when she heard a knock at the door. She went out to see who was there but could see no one. She was just about to close the door when she looked down at the step and seen a note folded over. So she open it and she said she just started to weep. On the note it just said "Thanks for being there with me when i passed on, i never wanted to die alone"
    My dad told me she was in bits for weeks after that and the two of them decided to go see the priest and take the note with them. The priest just said a wee prayer over the letter and told my mum to burn it when she got home. My mum told my dad as soon as she burned the letter she felt a great weight lift of her and she felt completely at ease. Everyone in the family knew about what happened and a few of the neighbours also, but she never talked about with anyone till the day she died.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,314 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Conbhar wrote: »
    I know a story that sends shivers down my back every time i hear it. This happened to my mum about 30 odd years ago. She only ever told this once to my dad and would never speak of it again. We live on the old N15 road from donegal town to ballybofey, very close to barnesmore gap for those of u who know it. My house is on a corner just beside an old bridge which was a blackspot for accidents back before a bypass was opened.
    One day when my dad was at work and the rest of my sisters and brother were at school, my mum who was at home at the time heard what sounded like a horrible crash outside so she darted out of the house only to see that a lorry had crashed into the bridge. She ran over to see if the driver was hurt but as she got to the cab she seen that the driver was thrown through the windscreen and had ended up going over the bridge and landed on the river bank.
    She could see he was trying to move so she made her way down to him. When she got there she could see he was in pretty bad shape. She went to run bak into the house but the man said to her "please dont leave please dont go" She went over to him and took his hand in her hand and he smiled at her and died rite that second.
    As u can imagine mum was very upset by the whole thing. The next week, to the day of the accident, mum was at home as usual, when she heard a knock at the door. She went out to see who was there but could see no one. She was just about to close the door when she looked down at the step and seen a note folded over. So she open it and she said she just started to weep. On the note it just said "Thanks for being there with me when i passed on, i never wanted to die alone"
    My dad told me she was in bits for weeks after that and the two of them decided to go see the priest and take the note with them. The priest just said a wee prayer over the letter and told my mum to burn it when she got home. My mum told my dad as soon as she burned the letter she felt a great weight lift of her and she felt completely at ease. Everyone in the family knew about what happened and a few of the neighbours also, but she never talked about with anyone till the day she died.

Sounds like someone playing a sick joke. Still, I can see why that would creep your mother out. Would definitely unnerve me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

LisaLee wrote: »
    I used to work in an old Distillery Museum as a tour guide. I'd heard rumours that it was haunted as some worker had been killed there (drowning in brewing vats,) But I didn't believe in it.

It's true, but when they watched the CCTV camera footage, it shows him getting out 3 times to use the toilet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

One time after work I took a big poo and was horrified to see it was a bright green colour

Damn you powerade!

My Gran was buried on my birthday a couple of years ago, was the winter with heavy snow and the lowest temperatures for a long long time. Wasn't unnerving but it was a eery coincidence

This didn't happen to me but remember the chap who was killed in an apartment a few years ago waiting for his friend? The guy who murdered him stabbed him alot of times and told the guards he murdered the devil. My ex flat mate used to live there and passed the lad on the ground, said he was half asleep sitting at his friends door waiting to be let in. He heard alot of screams a while later and opened his door and heard foot steps up the stairs and quickly closed his door. Luckily he did or he could have been killed too.

When I was a kid me and a friend were stopped around 2 times asking did we want a lift home from strangers in a car, luckily each time we were beside each others houses but if we weren't I don't know if we would have accepted not knowing right from wrong.

One time me and a different friend threw a conker at some lads car and this man got out and started dragging us into his car. We managed to escape and from a high up spot in our village could see him calling to houses and driving around for hours. Maybe he was just really angry, was a pretty lame thing to throw a conker at someones car looking back on it.

Two girls I used to know when I was younger were almost lured into a Van using money/sweets etc, they ran off though.

Pretty low standards compared to the other stories in this thread, those spiritual ones are very hollowing people mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Reading a lot of the nearly abductions of young children here would make me think of how many actually succeeded ? and we still never hear about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

realies wrote: »
    Reading a lot of the nearly abductions of young children here would make me think of how many actually succeeded ? and we still never hear about them.

It makes me think of Philip Cairns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭MrPoker

I have gotten this since 2002 and its over the past year each episode gets progressively worst and feels longer. The feeling of helplessness when in that state and not being able to move a muscle or scream out for help whilst being fully alert is surreal. After doing some research on it, I still get scared more than ever. My latest one was yesterday morning and that fcuking hag yoke was right at my face! I swear I nearly had a heart attack. So creepy and weird. I honestly think its going to kill me one day.:(

I try to tell people family and some friends about it but the just look at me as if I am a lunatic lol. I wouldn't wish it on anyone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

MrPoker wrote: »
    I have gotten this since 2002 and its over the past year each episode gets progressively worst and feels longer. The feeling of helplessness when in that state and not being able to move a muscle or scream out for help whilst being fully alert is surreal. After doing some research on it, I still get scared more than ever. My latest one was yesterday morning and that fcuking hag yoke was right at my face! I swear I nearly had a heart attack. So creepy and weird. I honestly think its going to kill me one day.:(

I try to tell people family and some friends about it but the just look at me as if I am a lunatic lol. I wouldn't wish it on anyone!!

Luckily I rarely get anything close to my face during sleep paralysis. I usually just see what I think are people in my peripheral vision and I can hear them whispering and shuffling around. I remember the first time I experienced it as a child I told my mother the next morning that aliens were in my room! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Apparently a girl from my hometown was being haunted... There was a drastic change in her personality and it all came to a head when she was sitting next to her dad one night watching tv and out of nowhere went to headbutt him. I don't know if they went to the doctors but she eventually (think this went on over the space of a couple of months) saw a psychic who told her a spirit had attached itself to her. Psychic asked her had she been in Templemore, the girl said she had, she was at the garda training unit, and the psychic said she had picked it up there. Apparently it started to get worse and her right arm would start to twist round abnormally, she might be eating and her hand would just spaz out, she was aware of hearing a male voice, couldn't make out what it was but it was there..... don't know what the story is with her now, this was about 6 months ago

Advertisement