Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climote

Options
  • 29-10-2012 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I got a display of the Climote at the Electric Ireland at the Ideal Home, and I want to buy one but the discounted price of €199 doesn't seem to be available, that was mentioned at the show? Can you help?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its €299 instead of €399.

The offer is a discounted price of €299. The €100 discount is off the rrp of a €399 Climote Smart Time Switch, from Electric Ireland Home Services Team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi jazzrocket,

As correctly pointed out by Davy, the rrp is €399, so €299 is the discounted price (this includes installation and the first year's remote access fee, worth €36).

For those who have no idea what we're talking about, see the below video explaining what Climote is all about. It is available at our ElectricIrelandStore.ie here.

Thanks,

David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Melendez,

Yes, to adjust the temperature to different levels for different rooms (to use your example, 20°C in some and 16°C in the bedroom of the person you least like ;)) it would be necessary to have a multizonal heating system already installed.

The climote is essentially an advanced time switch with a built-in thermostat that can be controlled remotely through a digital device, be it a smart phone/normal mobile (via text)/tablet or desktop computer. It would typically replace time switches.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

David.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Does the annual fee cover all warranty issues etc down the road a few years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 jazzrocket

I called up the customer care today and they quoted €129 if Electric Ireland customer

jazzrocket wrote: »
    I called up the customer care today and they quoted €129 if Electric Ireland customer

Thats very strange.

The deal for existing customers is that you can pay off the bill over 2 years and get the two years service fee included (€36 X 2) but still have to pay €299 for the control unit and the install.

Where they defiantly talking about the same thing? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Melendez wrote: »

It works best if you have a multizone system but it's not quite as advanced as you think.
    There is a thermostat with it and you can place that in any room in the house but it is wired into the Climote. As a result, mine is in the kitchen where the boiler and Climote are.
    The Climote can control up to three zones - typically hot water, upstairs and downstairs.
    It won't control radiator thermostats at all.
    What you can do is control it so your hot water heats up at one time, your upstairs heats up later in the day and your downstairs heats up earlier etc etc....
    It works just as well if you have only one zone. My house is a one zone system and the Climote works fine for it.
    You can have up to three time zones for each controlled zone each day.
    You can also programme (I think) up to seven different schedules, e.g. winter holidays, winter, summer, spring etc.

In the future, they say they will have wireless thermostats that will be able to communicate with the Climote and then you'll be able to control each room's temperature individually from the panel.

It's not a bad system. Will it save you money? I doubt it will save you a bucketload but it's a nice system and it's great to be able to boost your heat if you're snuggled up in bed or lounging on the sofa by using your phone or tablet or laptop.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi all,

Just some further info:

The annual fee is actually a remote access fee which is €36 per year. It is for keeping the sim card within the unit activated.
    If a customer does not wish to pay this after the free period expires, they can still use the unit but without the facility of remote access.

Just to confirm the cost: It is either €299 (RRP €399) (first year's remote access is fee-free) for any customer, or for billed customers: €29 per bill over two years (first two years' remote access is fee-free).

In terms of savings: pilots conducted have yielded a saving of up to 20% on heating.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭pauld

Hi, I ordered this last week on line. have not heard from anyone since?

Any ideas on when I might expect contact from someone to arrange installation.

• Advertisement

Hi Paul,

Did you order it from the Electric Ireland online store?

Regards,
    Una

Una,

Hi, yes online, I got an email next day from my sister Mary D with the T&Cs(you might know her!), nothing since

Paul

Hi again Paul,

If you private message me your name and address I will check how your order is progressing. :)

Regards,
    Una

Una,

Thnaks for your speedy response on pm, talked with the installer, being installed at 8 am tomorrow!

Thanks for your help.

Hi Paul,

That's great - glad to read it.

Thanks for letting us know. :)

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ukelely

pauld wrote: »
    Una,

Thnaks for your speedy response on pm, talked with the installer, being installed at 8 am tomorrow!

Thanks for your help.

hi paul . did you recieve your climote. what do you think of it?

Ukele, I did receive it, looks pretty good, pretty handy that you can manage the heating controls remotely.

Unfortunately for us our heating system is old, so there is no separate heating zones or automated option to use heat only or water only.

On the plus side, the climote gives us the option of more setting more times zoens for the heat to switch on and off and also have different times for each day etc, all off which can be done remotely.

The webiste provide excellent MI on your usage, although only a week in for us.

does that mean you can look back to see how much you have used it or who left it on maybe?

could you not motorized valves in hotpress to seperate the zones or even give just either water or heat

Plenty of info from the FAQ:> http://www.climote.ie/customer-care/climote-for-consumers/frequently-asked-questions/

For someone without a apple/android phone the text commands pretty much cover everything that i can think of:> http://www.climote.ie/climote-text-message-commands/

• Advertisement

ukelely wrote: »
    could you not motorized valves in hotpress to seperate the zones or even give just either water or heat

Yep that can be done but can be fiddly to install and also costly, depending on the piping.
    The way forward to wireless communication between TRVs in all the rooms and the boiler control unit.
    No need for zones at all then and can be retrofitted to any house without ripping up floorboards or tiling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

The Radeco system appears to be able to allow you do that. RADECO

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Hi, I already have a system installed with 1 room thermostat for the radiators and a thermostat on the copper cylinder for the hot water. Does this Climote system render those thermostats obsolete or incorporate them? Also how does one avail of the €29/bill option?
    Thanks.

Hi Mugser,

You can connect these to Climote no trouble at all. The system is compatible with any time-switch set-up. :)

Info on the €29 per month offer and who to contact to avail of it - here on our website.

All the best,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Tried to purchase this via the AXA offer over the phone. I could not take the call when the person rang but they left a message saying they were unavailable and they would give me a ring when they were available.

Any idea when they will be available again.

Hi Dingding,

Did you phone the number on this link on AXA's website?

Regards,
    Una

Hi again Dingding,

I have been speaking to Home Services regarding your query and they suggested phoning them directly in relation to the AXA offer - they are at 1850 372 333 or can be emailed to: homeservice@electricireland.ie

Do let me know if you require further assistance. We are here until 6pm and back in the morning from 8am.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Hello,

I have two timers (side by side), one for hot water, the other for the heating. I also have 3 thermostats, one per floor.
    Can one climote do the job and control all of this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Hi again Dingding,

I have been speaking to Home Services regarding your query and they suggested phoning them directly in relation to the AXA offer - they are at 1850 372 333 or can be emailed to: homeservice@electricireland.ie

Do let me know if you require further assistance. We are here until 6pm and back in the morning from 8am.

Regards,
    Una

Ok

I will try them again next week.

Advertisement