Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rocky1813

eviltwin wrote: »
    No. Renee had Heather very young and put her up for adoption. Dying to know what "danger" she is in too. I was expecting Christy to ask her when he met her on the street, you would think that would be the obvious thing to do :confused:

Thanks for explaining that. But you'd still think Christy would be interested in what danger she's in. Very strange. Think Christy and Carol will get back together too. Totally sick of the mad head on Val!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Vanderlay Industries

I thought that too; it gave me the creeps.

I mean about Cass looking like Jimmay Saville in his tracksuit the other night; forgot to include the original post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Merkin wrote: »

I wonder would Paddy Power take bets on how many "look it's" we'll get xmas day.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056831293

anyone else see this fair city bashing thread

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭wordsmithi

I can't say I share your happiness at seeing you know who back. One is irritating at a time when on tv and putting the two on at the same time is going to irritate me completely. I'd rather have root canal treatment than spend christmas with that pair and the small little git is also an irritating little twit. Wish that the man in the red suit would kidnap them all and send them to another planet far away in the solar system forever. Couldn't he just stuff Val in the big sleigh too.

• Advertisement

renee's story is so stupid and there is nothing more pathetic than an old woman trying to look forty years younger than her true age. Carol was pissed and needs tracey to rescue her. Louis, the little toerag won't be missed. Ingrid is gone at last. Does Yvonne still fancy Louis or is she hoping to get her greedy hands on the pub. Not like her to be nice.

Renee can only pull 90 year olds with one foot in the grave. Nursing homes beware!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭DramaQuee

I was just making a list of the characters/bad acting I really hate (and I rarely use the word Hate). There are quite a few I cringe at and want to give a slap. Usual suspects: Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeve, Luke, Ben, Dermo, Renee, Val, Tommy, Caoimhe, Lucy, Esther, Eddie,

Then people I hate half the time: Orla's mincey smile, Carol's rough outbursts, Yvonne being too snooty, Christy when he gets too...too...like The Dubliners Ronnie Drew,

I tolerate Bob, Leo, also Dolores and Pete. I thought I hated Jo till I saw Maeve, Decco's preferable to Zumo.

Hmm is there anyone to like at all?

It should be called Hate/hate. Maybe I look at it to appreciate my friends :)

I'd love to see Louis handle Carol when she is as drunk as a skunk. She acts more posh when he is around. DramaQuee, I would add Charlie, Judith, Esther, Niamh, Dolly Molloy, and Bela into that list too. In one word irritating sums them up. The pub was so full of extras last night, where were the regulars? Anyone missing Finn McCool. I'm not.

Dolores didn't catch on too fast that Louis was taking Jack away. She shouldn't be surprised. How long did it take her to figure Lucy out? Years. Must have a low IQ.

Dramaquee. Is there anyone to like at all you ask? Sheba. Better actor than anyone else there apart from Bob who holds the show together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭DramaQuee

And how did I forget Stephen, he really has Like-ability. Neasa isn't too bad, Ingrid was so gorgeous, now it's getting near the time, I'm thinking of more pleasant ones....Yeah Bob is a real pro. (Sheba had the edge with near death drama)

But still, fire's blazing, tea on, nearly doing the can-can cos I'm not in d'office this evening and can watch it real time :D can't miss FC. Can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

TWO lines for Stephen!!! Practically a conversation with Bob!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Dermish doing some great "Joey Tribbiani smell the fart" acting there

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

"just keeping out the riff raff" - lol! Yer man looked like a little mouse!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

Yay! !!!! Surely Stephen will be manager now! !! Yay. !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Just caught up on a week of FC...couple of things struck me-(1) Val has become an overbearing bit#h ,(2)Carol is not a woman to mess with..oh and one more thing, has Laura got laryngitis or something? She spoke about three words in about half-a-dozen appearances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

How does Neasa always look so damn good? ;)

Hopefully now, Carol is evicted and leaves Carrigstown and we wont have to see her panto acting anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Lots of scenes with Laura and Neasa again - seemingly random placing of the characters together when up to now they've had no obvious friendship. FC writers definitely have something in store there.

leahyl wrote: »
    "just keeping out the riff raff" - lol! Yer man looked like a little mouse!!

I thought it was Lorcan's ghost. Farrell, sort of reminds me of Brendan Howlin for some strange reason.

laura & nessa new years eve kiss confirmed whos with me

that scene with charlie & ben was funny , ah dermot lol

Cass to Carol I'm an elf not a leprechaun lol

Renee I'm not asking you for money or taking advantage of you Christy, but can I have a loan, I mean I'll pay you back lol.

• Advertisement

Dear Dr. Daly,

Please come back in disguise and kidnap your son.
    He is the most annoying child I have ever met or taught.
    Don't bring him back. I will pay a ransom. I promise.
    If a letter to Santa won't work, this one is worth a go.

From Maeve

laura & nessa new years eve kiss confirmed whos with me

that scene with charlie & ben was funny , ah dermot lol

Finn walks in at the crucial moment and faints.

The beard was as realistic as Esther's wig. Why do these Santa wannabes always wear those stupid fake beards. Always irritated me when I was a child.

wordsmithi wrote: »
    Dear Dr. Daly,

Please come back in disguise and kidnap your son.
    He is the most annoying child I have ever met or taught.
    Don't bring him back. I will pay a ransom. I promise.
    If a letter to Santa won't work, this one is worth a go.

From Maeve

i swear to god :eek: i thought that letter was for me because my surname is daly i feel embarrased :o
    gave me a shock

Unless you are a doctor with a lovechild and on the run from the law, I don't think Maeve's letter will get to your address!!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

I just had one of those light bulb moments. I have now figured out where Luke Dillon's wooden acting style would fit in perfectly - Star Trek. Those actors used to have that emotionless, robotic style down to a tee - all of them, and rarely did they ever break that facade.

"There's Klingons on the starboard bow captain." He would kill it!

The thing with Ben is, if he was your child you would be stuck with him. This little horror is adopted. Can't they send him back????????????? I would.

morebabies wrote: »
    I just had one of those light bulb moments. I have now figured out where Luke Dillon's wooden acting style would fit in perfectly - Star Trek. Those actors used to have that emotionless, robotic style down to a tee - all of them, and rarely did they ever break that facade.

"There's Klingons on the starboard bow captain." He would kill it!

you mean like Data, the green faced fella who was either a freak of nature or a robot as he liked to think of himself as. I had my doubts.
    Do you remember Damien had a star trek jumper he used to wear in every episode. Luke must have stole it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He might reveal it and call it a favourite vest when he goes to the doctor for a
    check up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQg9uEIWrsDyf9YPXuNkpj8IQZAqX9g7HZy17VN9NkHZ4Vmwa4U

• Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

When Laura start living in the Station and being friends with the Dillion girls :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Devildoll84

I wonder if Louie has sold the pub? If he has, I sincerely hope he didn't sell it to some gangland type (the appearance of sleazeball Farrell makes it likely). There's nothing on TV that depresses me more than organised crime storylines in Fair City.

As for a possible Laura/Neasa pairing, I wonder if Caoimhe, rather than Neasa is the intended Laura love interest. She has been in a few of the scenes with them, and it looked like (maybe it's just me) that Laura gave her a bit of an appraising glance when she was dressed up in the Santa outfit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement