Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeremy Kyle, Fair City, Love Hate

Options
  • 13-12-2012 5:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭

How can people watch these brain deadening, thought supressing, society lowering, amateur-level produced, anti-social, audio-visual diahorretic programmes? How are they appealing to anyone bar the stereotypes of the characters and guests themselves? Comparing television to restaurants, they are the McDonalds of TV. Actually, Jeremy Kyle is McDonalds, due to its international flavour, Fair City is on par with Supermacs, and Love / Hate is like the chipper van on the corner outside a disco. Lowest quality crap you can get.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Sorry I wont watch them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Society-lowering?
    It's not real-life ya gombeen :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Why do different people like different things. That's what I want to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

What do you watch Newmug???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I watch jeremy kyle.You're doing it wrong,you're not supposed to take it seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I find that not watching TV keeps my blood pressure low.

Jeremy Kyle is thrash gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,432 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Yeah, how dare people like things that I don't like!
    The cheek of them. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

no Eastenders? i am dissapoint

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I find that not watching TV keeps my blood pressure low.

except when you follow a documentary and then have to wait a week to watch the conclusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Manys an exhilerating and stimulating night I have had beside the generator of the chipvan outside the local nightclub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Love/Hate's brilliant.
    I don't care what you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Jeremy Kyle gets his guests from the dole queue. I watch it because I hate people that are on the dole and so I sit at home and shout at the tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭hyperborean

Love/Hate is fucking brilliant!

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

You just can't take it seriously! I understand that people have hard lives and problems to deal with but why on earth would you ever take it to Jeremy Kyle?! It is abit of a joke..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Mmmm McDonalds ......

If you were just talking about Jeremy Kyle Id agree with you. However love/hate is a brilliant show and fair city is a bit of a laugh because its so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

I see where this is going, Death camps for Fair City fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

There seems to be an endless queue of people wanting to be humiliated by Jeremy Kyle on national tv but you could say the same about Gerry Springer or that other American (bald headed guy Steve ) programme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Nobody's sticking up for Fair City so I will. It's mighty entertainment, the acting is comedy gold (without meaning to). The stories aren't half bad either.

I love it and don't care who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The only good thing about Fair City is Vivienne Connolly.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Sauve wrote: »
    Society-lowering?
    It's not real-life ya gombeen :pac:

JK is - ya gombeen:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

How can you not love stuff like this? If you're having a bad day. If you have no money, or life is being horrible to you, just stick on Jeremy Kyle and suddenly life isn't so bad. I could be as ugly and as stupid as this guy, but I am not.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

newmug wrote: »

JK is - ya gombeen:rolleyes:

Really? You hardly actually believe that?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

The Wire & Breaking Bad. Close thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Take out Love/Hate from that list (even though I don't watch it, everybody is raving about it) and replace with Tallafornia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

newmug wrote: »
    How can people watch these brain deadening, thought supressing, society lowering, amateur-level produced, anti-social, audio-visual diahorretic programmes?

Those people would probably say the same thing about reading/ posting on After Hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

Newmug is just trolling everyone knows JK and Fair City is rubbish. But everyone (nearly) likes Love/Hate.

Besides Love/Hate is more true to life than the other two. Fair City bears no resemblence to Dublin than Manchester does to Eastenders.

How about those bags of peanuts they have on aeroplanes eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Sitec wrote: »
    The Wire & Breaking Bad. Close thread.

Are you saying these are bad tv shows?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

c_man wrote: »
    Those people would probably say the same thing about reading/ posting on After Hours

At least you have to be able to read and write to post on AH!

bluecode wrote: »
    Newmug is just trolling everyone knows JK and Fair City is rubbish. But everyone (nearly) likes Love/Hate.

Besides Love/Hate is more true to life than the other two. Fair City bears no resemblence to Dublin than Manchester does to Eastenders.

Eh, no, I'm not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement