Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

PaulD77 wrote: »
    Elmo decent?? Yea was real nice of him smashing the bottle of vodka over the barman's head, oh and as you mentioned, giving his cousin up to save himself :rolleyes:

Not too mention selling Darren out to his Uncle and in series 1 driving Huey to kill Darren resulting in Darren shooting him and then calling Elmo an ambulance.

Elmo is a two-faced coward, hope he gets a nice spot in the Wiclow mountains.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Frere Jacques

Ah lads, c'mon. He's just misunderstood. Don't be haters. :)
    Actually I take your point. I suppose I judged Elmo's morality relative to his contempories.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

TheBlock wrote: »

The Ra V Nidge V Fran in Series 4.

Hope not, Nidge and Fran are great together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Hope not, Nidge and Fran are great together.

I'd reckon Dazzler will tell Fran that Nidge was having it off with his girlfriend.. Cue Fran going postal.

Temaz wrote: »
    I'd reckon Dazzler will tell Fran that Nidge was having it off with his girlfriend.. Cue Fran going postal.

Good chance of that alright, but i hope not. They work well together on screen, the characters seem to be the only two on the same page.

Still waiting waiting for someone to put a 'best of Fran' vid on youtube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Hard to to see Nidge and Darren surviving

Hard to to see Nidge and Darren surviving

In terms of storyline, yeah. In terms of the product, the show would be lost without Nidge.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

Lads, please don't start this again. Last time the thread got locked for this reason.:( It's sending the thread off topic a bit too.

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to drag the thread off topic or irritate people.

Temaz wrote: »

Or she'll tell him herself via Ouija board!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Or she'll tell him herself via Ouija board!

Nidge never told anyone about being with her did he?

Just watching the last EP in S2 here. No mention of her so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Nidge never told anyone about being with her did he?

Just watching the last EP in S2 here. No mention of her so far.

Pretty sure Nidge & Dazzler talked about it in episode 1 while in a car??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

RoryMac wrote: »

Pretty sure Nidge & Dazzler talked about it in episode 1 while in a car??

Don't think he had shagged her at that stage?

S3 ep1...dazzler was kinda shocked/surprised at how Nidge talked about her death

Nidge shagged Linda (Mark 1 as Fran might describe her as :D) in Season 2 before she eventually killed herself after the pipe bomb attack left her scarred. Beginning of Episode 1 Series 3 Nidge tells Darren and mocks the situation by imotating Lindas voice in a ghostly accent.

Looks like things not so Coola-Boola for Peter Coonan (Fran)

http://www.herald.ie/news/courts/lovehate-star-coonan-on-hit-and-run-charge-3318704.html

COONAN, of Rocwood in Dublin's Blackrock, is charged with dangerous driving, as well as three hit and run offences, including failing to give appropriate information to gardai, failing to keep a vehicle at the scene of an accident and failing to report an injury to another man.

It is alleged that Coonan's driving was at a speed or in a manner that was dangerous to the public.

Coonan came to prominence in the second series of Love/Hate playing Fran, a volatile gangster in the Dublin gangland scene.

In the present series his character has come to the fore as one of crime kingpin Nidge's closest allies, helping to burn and dispose of the body of IRA man Git.

When contacted by the Herald, Coonan declined to comment.

His talent representatives at The Agency said they deal exclusively for Coonan with regard to his film, TV and theatre work.

"We have no knowledge of Peter's personal life and as such have no comment to make," said a spokesman.

If he is convicted of dangerous driving, Coonan faces a mandatory disqualification of two years, a fine of up to €5,000 and/or up to six months in jail.

The actor was not in Dun Laoghaire District Court when the case was called this week, but the court heard from his solicitor that a hearing date was being sought.

Judge John O'Connor adjourned the case to a date in January for hearing.

Talented Coonan attended the Anne Kavanagh Theatre School and has worked in theatre, TV and film including Conor McPherson's feature film Salt Water.

In 2010, he played the part of Vince in writer Nick Kelly's short film Shoe, which was screened at the Jameson Dublin Film Festival last year.

But his career rocketed with the role of Fran in ratings winner Love/Hate.

hnews@herald.ie

[QUOTE=TheBlock;82118671]Think Nidge will try to finish Darren first. Whatever they say theres no mates when you get involved in this ****e. Darren started this with the Pipe Bomb and letting Elmo off has ****ed things up for Nidge with the with the RA lads and theres the fall out still to come from Tommy's hiding.

What happend to Lizzy no sign of her in last ep?

The Ra V Nidge V Fran in Series 4.[/QUOTE]

Since Darren made the stupid decision to go into the Napper pissed he has marked his own card so its not as clear as to what will happen as i originally thought. It would seem the battle line has been drawn and its 50/50 who will survive but in Lizzy, Dazzler may well have a useful ally. I suppose the other aspect though is that it depends on Robert Sheehans plans

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Sorry mis-read your original post thought you were watching season3

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭soap1978

Since Darren made the stupid decision to go into the Napper pissed he has marked his own card so its not as clear as to what will happen as i originally thought. It would seem the battle line has been drawn and its 50/50 who will survive but in Lizzy, Dazzler may well have a useful ally. I suppose the other aspect though is that it depends on Robert Sheehans plans
    Yes thats why i think darren will be kill,he is getting to be a big actor and moving on to bigger things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

ViveLaVie wrote: »
    Sorry guys, I didn't mean to drag the thread off topic or irritate people.
    It's okay, it wasn't just you to be fair!:) I wonder is Nidge in jail over Siobhan (do they think he raped her?) That would be so awkward 'ah...she's my niece.....' Also when was it revealed they were related, I don't remember that at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

It's okay, it wasn't just you to be fair!:) I wonder is Nidge in jail over Siobhan (do they think he raped her?) That would be so awkward 'ah...she's my niece.....' Also when was it revealed they were related, I don't remember that at all!

Nidge's wedding her and Tommy hooked up when Tommy was meant be with Mary or minding Mary. Think she had a few walk on parts before that though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

According to todays Indo, the detectives put 2 and 2 together following the rape report and lift Nidge and the crew over the disappearance/murder of Git - which will tip the RA off about the direction to look in.
    Nidge is "known to the police" and the rape happened in his place so any excuse will do for "a man known to the Gardai is assisting with their inquiries".
    Should set us up for a bloody finale the following week.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Come on, guys. Use spoilers for fecks sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Iansheridan

My brother played the character "gary" who was shot in the had in episode 2 iirc.
    It was very strange seeing him killed.

My brother played the character "gary" who was shot in the had in episode 2 iirc.
    It was very strange seeing him killed.

Wow. The best of luck to him. I hope he can land more parts should he wish to do so after his stint on love/hate.

Was a shocking scene no doubt and i can only imagine how hard it must have been on relatives watching such a graphic scene.

Cant imagine the coffin scene during the following episode was nice to watch either and definitely not nice for your brother and the other girl to have to lie in :)
    I hate the look of them things.

Come on, guys. Use spoilers for fecks sake.

No offence Mod but its late in the day for it now. Should have been outlined at the beginning of the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Iansheridan

we rewatched it again just to be safe. I was strange to see, not really disturbing though.
    We had literally no idea he was going to be killed, no matter how hard we pressed him Stephen wouldnt give any details away about his character of the plot at all.

after we watched that episode he explained about the shooting scene.
    the lad who handles all the weapons and quibbs asked him if he's ever used a squib before.
    when stephen said no your man walked off laughing.

when he was shot both times in the chest it wasnt him moving on que. it was the force of the squibs.
    "like being shot with a paintball gun" was the phrase he used.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

No offence Mod but its late in the day for it now. Should have been outlined at the beginning of the thread.

Exactly. If that's the case people will be spoilering everything they say on a Sunday night because they basically comment on every scene on the show.

Hence, I avoid looking at the thread until I have the latest episode watched.

• Site Banned Posts: 240 ✭✭Nervous Nigel

The place that they use as Nidge's bar type place (where Git was killed) is right opposite the old Meath hospital (on one of those left turns off Camden/Wexford St as you go into town). I was walking by it a few months ago and there were cops and forensic guys everywhere. I thought that there'd been a massacre...then I saw the cameras and copped on. It must have been the scene in the trailer for next week.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Neeson wrote: »

Exactly. If that's the case people will be spoilering everything they say on a Sunday night because they basically comment on every scene on the show.

Hence, I avoid looking at the thread until I have the latest episode watched.

It's pretty much standard that once an episode airs that you don't need to use spoilers. The problem is people discussing things that will happen (speculation is obviously fine) in the next or future episodes without using spoilers.

• Advertisement

It's pretty much standard that once an episode airs that you don't need to use spoilers. The problem is people discussing things that will happen (speculation is obviously fine) in the next or future episodes without using spoilers.

Oh sure dont talk to me Almighty, the herald only gave away the upcoming plot LAST MAY! I kid you not. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement