Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

we rewatched it again just to be safe. I was strange to see, not really disturbing though.
    We had literally no idea he was going to be killed, no matter how hard we pressed him Stephen wouldnt give any details away about his character of the plot at all.

after we watched that episode he explained about the shooting scene.
    the lad who handles all the weapons and quibbs asked him if he's ever used a squib before.
    when stephen said no your man walked off laughing.

when he was shot both times in the chest it wasnt him moving on que. it was the force of the squibs.
    "like being shot with a paintball gun" was the phrase he used.

How do they do the headshot with a squib?

It looked so Authentic i have to say. That scene really brought the whole banality of gangland right into our living rooms. It was horrific. I can honestly remember a quiver going right up my back after seeing it.

I can imagine the program makers gave a very accurate insight into the kind of impact that kind of gun would make.
    For all the world it was like a paintball gun with the silencer on it and the sound of it firing but i reckon it does devastating damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

A million people read the Indo today and if interested caught the TV listings. I spoilered it as soon as I saw the complaint. It is NOT inside information.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Q_ueeny

It's okay, it wasn't just you to be fair!:) I wonder is Nidge in jail over Siobhan (do they think he raped her?) That would be so awkward 'ah...she's my niece.....' Also when was it revealed they were related, I don't remember that at all!

In season 1 , Epsoide 1 , she was at Robbie's (Darren's bro) funeral. Siobhan is in it from day one but only really part of the storyline in this Season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Q_ueeny wrote: »

In season 1 , Epsoide 1 , she was at Robbie's (Darren's bro) funeral. Siobhan is in it from day one but only really part of the storyline in this Season.

She had a big enough role last season too. Money Mule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

And if I'm not mistaken she brought drugs across for John Boy as well?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Iansheridan

How do they do the headshot with a squib?

It looked so Authentic i have to say. That scene really brought the whole banality of gangland right into our living rooms. It was horrific. I can honestly remember a quiver going right up my back after seeing it.

I can imagine the program makers gave a very accurate insight into the kind of impact that kind of gun would make.
    For all the world it was like a paintball gun with the silencer on it and the sound of it firing but i reckon it does devastating damage.

He explained before, cant really remember, something to do with a squib thing behind his head.

I'll be out with him tonight, ill ask again and post

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Q_ueeny

Oh yes. I stand corrected :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I've watched too many episodes too quickly..... can someone remind me was Gary the guy who Darren shot, and then his girlfriend? And why was he shot?

*confused*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

For me, Fran is totally stealing the show this series. Love them all though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I've watched too many episodes too quickly..... can someone remind me was Gary the guy who Darren shot, and then his girlfriend? And why was he shot?

*confused*

Gary was Elmo's cousin. The pup that nidge sold the ira.

• Advertisement

Gary was Elmo's cousin. The pup that nidge sold the ira.

Ah yes. Thanks!

Must try to keep up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

It's pretty much standard that once an episode airs that you don't need to use spoilers. The problem is people discussing things that will happen (speculation is obviously fine) in the next or future episodes without using spoilers.

Yeah but sure discussing future episodes is speculation. Unless some people here have inside knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,314 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

First few minutes of Debbie and her punters was harrowing stuff.
    "Angel of the Morning" was a great choice song for the montage (Who was singing btw, so many covers of this song its hard to know?).

Nidge battering Tommy was just a weird scene - we'd spent episode 3 seeing a sobered up and drug free Nidge regaining control of himself and the hole his gang was in - bashing Tommy would have made more sense two episodes back when Nidge was popping pills and doing lines.

'Darren on the Run' I still don't understand - at this moment he should be aware that there is no evidence against him so should do his 24 hours in the interview suite, keep schtum and home free. (Though obviously the trailer for Ep5
    implies that evidence may be about to appear
    ).

Has Nidge finding JohnBoys money in the roof garden last season just been dropped as a plot? Suddenly Nidge has no money to pay Darren.

All minor nitpicks in another superb episode.

Surprised there's been no in thread reference to Aido and his 'girlfriend' in the car outside the joy.

From memory.

Aido : What about the rest, I forgot some some last time.
    GF : It's not a bleeding lock-up up there.
    Aido : Can't you shove it up your arse?
    GF (disgusted) Whaaaaa? You put it up your arse.
    Aido (pause) Pass us the jelly.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Can't wait for tonight s episode
    One thing I've been laughing at a bit is Git a wife s disinterest in him being found
    It's obvious that he deserved the nickname

Also aido is getting some great one liners . . I wonder could he be the leak that gets them all pinched

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭La Mer

Does anyone know where I can get the same jacket as Tommy? :D

La Mer wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can get the same jacket as Tommy? :D

Tommy mightnt need his for much longer. Maybe contact the props dept of Love/Hate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭La Mer

Tommy mightnt need his for much longer. Maybe contact the props dept of Love/Hate :)

Nahh , I wear new stuff only :P

---

the accident between Nidge and Tommy was it because of jealousy or Nidge was really afraid of the problems that could happen with her husband? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Nidge battering Tommy was just a weird scene - we'd spent episode 3 seeing a sobered up and drug free Nidge regaining control of himself and the hole his gang was in - bashing Tommy would have made more sense two episodes back when Nidge was popping pills and doing lines.

Not really if you think about it in relation to the season. This isn't the first time Tommy has been a liability to Nidge. Does anyone think Nidge would have had Git done in because of what he did to Siobhan, would he hell, he's scared ****less of the low fat ra.

With all the pressure on Nidge, Tommy telling him ..... whatever he told him I am having a momentary lapse here :D ..... was the straw that broke Nidges back, and being the animal he is he lashed out and knocked the sh1t out of Tommy.

As good characters as they are, they're all scumbags when you get down to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Not really if you think about it in relation to the season. This isn't the first time Tommy has been a liability to Nidge. Does anyone think Nidge would have had Git done in because of what he did to Siobhan, would he hell, he's scared ****less of the low fat ra.

With all the pressure on Nidge, Tommy telling him ..... whatever he told him I am having a momentary lapse here :D ..... was the straw that broke Nidges back, and being the animal he is he lashed out and knocked the sh1t out of Tommy.

As good characters as they are, they're all scumbags when you get down to it.

Nidge is a psychopath. You just have to watch his reaction when something horrific happens. Its water off a camels back for him, he doesn't even blink. He cares for nobody, not even his wife. All he worries about is his own skin unlike Darrren who can actually form a relationship. Hes an intriguing character reminiscent of the real life drug king pin who got his kids addicted to smack.

• Advertisement

La Mer wrote: »
    Nahh , I wear new stuff only :P

---

the accident between Nidge and Tommy was it because of jealousy or Nidge was really afraid of the problems that could happen with her husband? :rolleyes:

Nidge wanted to slip Georgina one on the sly so his outrage was sparked by jealousy but he is also aware that Tommy has that tendency to make a sh*t of things so that was another underlying factor though i think jealousy was the main one and Dazzler knows this

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    Nidge is a psychopath. You just have to watch his reaction when something horrific happens. Its water off a camels back for him, he doesn't even blink. He cares for nobody, not even his wife. All he worries about is his own skin unlike Darrren who can actually form a relationship. Hes an intriguing character reminiscent of the real life drug king pin who got his kids addicted to smack.

Yet shoots two innocent people leaving an orphan child, hardly Mr Nice Guy. Even Stalin had a wife :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

You know how everyone says Nidge doesn't care about anyone except his kid?
    I think he cares about one more person and that is Darren.

Even after pub Fran was saying you cant be doing that and Nidge didn't seem to bothered.
    Also as we all seen when Tommy was in the back of the van, Nidge was only worried about Darren.

Darren is the only one left that Nidge can trust.

Could be wrong but im sure we will find out soon, Darren cant kill Nidge either as he needs to money off him, unless he has some smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Yet shoots two innocent people leaving an orphan child, hardly Mr Nice Guy. Even Stalin had a wife :D

He was suppose to shoot Elmo but didn't despite two opportunities. He petrol bombed the RA pub because of the knee capping. He sticks up for his mates. Nidge couldn't care less if his mates are killed. Sure he ordered Elmo's death without thinking twice. Darren is becoming desensitised to violence but hes not a psychopath.

Rochey18 wrote: »
    You know how everyone says Nidge doesn't care about anyone except his kid?
    I think he cares about one more person and that is Darren.

Even after pub Fran was saying you cant be doing that and Nidge didn't seem to bothered.
    Also as we all seen when Tommy was in the back of the van, Nidge was only worried about Darren.

Darren is the only one left that Nidge can trust.

Could be wrong but im sure we will find out soon, Darren cant kill Nidge either as he needs to money off him, unless he has some smart plan.

Nonsense. He almost had Darren in a hole last series and had Darren admitted to pipe bombing Dano's car he could have been offed this series.

Apart from his children, Nidge cares about no one. I actually thought he was going to batter the wife last week when he called her a dope.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Stooped

I am buzzing for tonight's episode. Should be a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Brandog

Does anyone know where i can stream tonights outside the republic??

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

Should it not be "water of a ducks back"

Brandog wrote: »
    Does anyone know where i can stream tonights outside the republic??

On a similar note - anyone know a) if it's possible/practical to stream it using a mobile phone tethered to a laptop, and b) how much data that would use? I have it set to record but don't want to wait any longer than I have to!

• Advertisement

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    He was suppose to shoot Elmo but didn't despite two opportunities. He petrol bombed the RA pub because of the knee capping. He sticks up for his mates. Nidge couldn't care less if his mates are killed. Sure he ordered Elmo's death without thinking twice. Darren is becoming desensitised to violence but hes not a psychopath.

Never said he was a psychopath, I said he was a scumbag! And a violent one at that.

I was reading the History & Heritage forum earlier, a piece on Arthur "Bomber" Harris, despite his personal feelings on bombing Germany in WW2 and killing civilians he still went ahead with it. All the remorse in the world doesn't bring dead people back to life - apart from in The Walking Dead forum :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement