Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Black Ops 2] MegaBitch Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

gg69me wrote: »
    my son cant connect online with his new black ops game but can connect with all his other games so i presume our internet connection is okay so is there some settings he needs to go into to get set up online with black ops ....any advice would be much appreciated guys....

Nothing wrong with your internet, it's just a pathetic excuse for a game launch.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Can't get a game now.

Errors, disconnects, etc, etc, blah, blah and blah.

Jasus some people just don't give it a proper chance.

If any game is given you some hard reboots you should take it back, no point in holding it past any possible refund date, then give it another shot after the fix whatever the problem is.

I got 4 hard reboots in an hour earlier, i'll be taking it back tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,977 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Surely they are working on a patch for ps3 players

• Registered Users Posts: 39 gg69me

Nothing wrong with your internet, it's just a pathetic excuse for a game launch.

well i am glad to know my internet connection is ok but that isnt much consulation for my son and his mates , i wonder if i could get them interested in pacman or galaxians...thanks for the reply all the same

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

gg69me wrote: »
    well i am glad to know my internet connection is ok but that isnt much consulation for my son and his mates , i wonder if i could get them interested in pacman or galaxians...thanks for the reply all the same

Waht console is it on?
    Ps3 seem to be having problems connecting to servers but when people change accounts it works.Could be cache related.

Xbox 360:make sure you have an open nat, failing that,try clearing the system cache.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭eggy81

Have not been able to get into one public lobby today since I started playing at 7 o'clock. Luckily thre were a good few friends on and we could play in private lobbies. None of em could get into public lobbies. Ps3.
    Very annoying tbh. There's only 300k online. First nights of other cods there was often over the million online. Why are they still having these issues and more importantly why oh why do we keep buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Redzer7 wrote: »
    A proper chance? Have you not seen the amount of complaints about this game? There is a lot! Why release a broken game? They should have a beta and test it thoroughly before releasing it.

Same **** every year. What game is ever released without any flaws?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Im actually going to jump back on mw3. 40mins to get on TDM.

Same **** every year. What game is ever released without any flaws?

Halo 4 seems to have had a pretty flawless release from what I can tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

battser wrote: »
    Anyone on xbox see a bug whereby your classes get wiped? Has happened me once.

Yep, happened me at 2pm, then the whole game froze.

Also noticed it takes ages to join a game with friends.

Great game so far but I'm seriously struggling!

Seems like 3 bullets will kill me and the opponent takes 10!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Played for an hour tonight. You can head glitch everywhere on the maps. A lot of camping going on and I was suffering from the 1 shot insta-kill. Hit detection is a bit flakey at times. Didn't have any host migrations surprisingly but did somehow end up in a lobby with North Americans towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Waited 30 mins to get into hardcore team deathmatch, gave up and tried searching for a normal team game
    Got a game in 10 seconds :/

Anyone else thinking they will put on Ghost at 55 and never take it off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Rojomcdojo wrote: »

Yep 100%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭666irishguy

Got it just for zombies and its pretty disappointing. It feels very unresponsive compared to the first one. The guns are like cartoon versions of what I'm used to and that business of every fecking thing being on fire is annoying as is the business of the fog that you can't run through without getting jumped by a face sucker ala Alien. Would be great to be able to run through that whole map being chased on foot by a horde, instead of hopping on the number 9 bus. Finished the single player in about 9-10 hours on normal and found it to be the easiest shooter in a long time and boring as hell. Too many cut scenes and "press X" automated junk for this and that, as well as a pretty stupid and unrealistic story. It's only 13 years in the future and they have MGS style camo jobs. Even though its a game, I think they went too much for an imitation of Halo. Not going to bother hanging onto it for much longer or playing MP. Lot's of talk about it being fixed in the patches coming out but I am just about fed up with buying a game that's half finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Just saw on Raimpstage's youtube channel he has already come across a hacker apparently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8mBl-s_OlQ

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

No.

Taking the easy route doesn't interest me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

farna_boy wrote: »
    Just saw on Raimpstage's youtube channel he has already come across a hacker apparently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8mBl-s_OlQ

Thats on PC, i wouldn't worry too much if your a console user. As long as treyarch actually ban cheaters it'll be quite rare, quite risky considering how much the game costs !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Can't get anything more than a two bar connection :mad:

I never had this problem before. I'll try tomorrow evening and if I can't get any better then Bye Bye COD.... Hello Hitman :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

The first BO was crap and so is this, not surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Resolution capped at 4096 wide? WTF. So cant run triple screen. Another 60 quid down the drain.
    Why do they keep making the same mistakes over and over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Waited 30 mins to get into hardcore team deathmatch, gave up and tried searching for a normal team game
    Got a game in 10 seconds :/

Hardcore? Christ the core mode feels like hardcore to me lol you die way too fast.

I'm getting raped at close range by assault rifles even when I'm hip firing with the laser sight! When I look at their view.....I'm not shooting anywhere near them. Annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Lag compensation?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Would you not loose it when/if you prestiged?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Has anyone else noticed when you get spawned into a game that has already started you can't pick your own weapon class which you created?? Was happening to me last night.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,187 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Would you not loose it when/if you prestiged?

I would hope so, but they've changed prestige up a bit as far as I know so you might be able to keep a few things. Even in MW3 you could use a token to unlock anything you want straight away (might not have worked for perks though).

I'm loving that very few people are using ghost at the moment, it's nice to actually have my killstreaks do something for a change!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

If ye want to know what it's going to be like when everyone has ghost unlocked, play League Play.

Everything in create-a-class in unlocked no matter what level you are. Usually 4 out of the 6 enemies had ghost on.

I played 5 games in different lobbies and it was like that.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,187 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If ye want to know what it's going to be like when everyone has ghost unlocked, play League Play.

Everything in create-a-class in unlocked no matter what level you are. Usually 4 out of the 6 enemies had ghost on.

I played 5 games in different lobbies and it was like that.

Ah balls, I was hoping it was all just unlocked for the 5 games you have to play at the start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Loving it so far, my only complaint being that the sniper rifles are far too forgiving. You'd rarely see them in BLOPs - probably the only COD where I didn't use a sniper class on any map - but they're everywhere here.

Advertisement