Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triax TSC114 - anyone got their hands on one yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

Would anybody know where software and firmware updates can be downloaded from?
    I'm finding weird bugs with recordings. Programs are being recorded even when not configured in the timers list.

There was a link on this page for the TSC114......

http://www.triax.co.uk/Downloads/Software%20Downloads.aspx

But it seems to have been removed. There's a firmware update from July this year - I can email it to you if you want to PM me. Not sure it had any fixes for recordings though.

Are you aware that if you're in the EPG and you hit the green button twice on a show, it sets it up for recording? Maybe the kids are getting their mitts on the remote :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Irelandscape

kelbal wrote: »
    But it seems to have been removed. There's a firmware update from July this year - I can email it to you if you want to PM me. Not sure it had any fixes for recordings though.
    Thanks that would be great, I'll do that.
    kelbal wrote: »
    Are you aware that if you're in the EPG and you hit the green button twice on a show, it sets it up for recording? Maybe the kids are getting their mitts on the remote :)
    I've seen two different kind of issues:

1. Sometimes programs that I'm watching end up in the recordings list. Pretty sure I haven't pressed the record button. I've been suspecting some issue with the timeshift function but I haven't been able to verify that.

2. Sometimes I get another recording straight after a recording programmed on the timers list. For example, I would program RTE 1 from 14h30 to 15h00 to start a recording while I'm out of the house. When I come back in the evening, I end up with one recording for the intended period/channel, followed by another recording from 15h00 -> whatever time from the same channel. I double check the timers list quite frequently so I'm fairly confident it's not a misconfiguration of timers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Seeing as the latest firmware update was pulled from the Triax website perhaps they are working on a new firmware to fix a few errors mentioned here?

Maybe wishful thinking but in fairness Triax would want to iron out the problems before Saorview lands for the masses.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lizzy C

Hi, This is a Saorview 101 question I'm afraid...very technologically challenged.
    On my TV I used to get RTE1 RTE2, TV3 and TG4 - good enough reception with my rabbit's ears.
    My mum bought a Saorview box (Triax TR112) and we set it up on her tv and she can get all the channels no problem (wtih rabbit's ears also). So I borrowed her Triax TR112 box as haven't bought one for myself (she bought it for her spare tv!) and when I attach it to my TV the installation menu is just grayed out and won't let me proceed with the installation - is this something to do with my rabbit's ears signal or is it to do with the fact that the box was installed on her TV?
    Any help gratefully received!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

After you select Installation you have to enter the PIN. The default PIN is 0000.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭cyberhog

Guys I want to delete a few saorview channels that I won't be watching but when I delete them in the channel manager and exit back to the tv a few moments later a message appears on screen that channels were found and added to the list. So when I check the manager I see the channels I deleted are back! I'm just wondering if there is any way I can stop channels I delete from being added back to the list? Thanks!

edit: I just tried rebooting the box and that seems to have resolved the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lizzy C

ninja900 wrote: »
    After you select Installation you have to enter the PIN. The default PIN is 0000.

Thanks a mill - that worked for me, though yesterday nothing happened when I pressed the Installation button, but today when I switched it on and went to Installation it prompted me for the pin...weird !. So I've autotuned in the channels, and the quality of the picture is good, but the channels just keep changing automatically? Any ideas on how I might fix that. Thanks so much again!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭s_gr

Hi,

I have a question about the tsc 114 channel moving facility, the issue i have if i move say bbc 1 which is on number 12 to position 1 it still keeps the number 12 tag but is located in position 1, so when i press one on keypad i dont get bbc 1 but rte 1 which has been moved else where. I have tried everything but this is a serious bug. Other combos have no problem moving channels and channel numbering. Any help would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mayoman1995

s_gr wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a question about the tsc 114 channel moving facility, the issue i have if i move say bbc 1 which is on number 12 to position 1 it still keeps the number 12 tag but is located in position 1, so when i press one on keypad i dont get bbc 1 but rte 1 which has been moved else where. I have tried everything but this is a serious bug. Other combos have no problem moving channels and channel numbering. Any help would be great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZFINg49Wac

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭s_gr

Excellent stuff....worked a treat. Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭larchill

You need to turn LCN to off. This will enable channels to be moved while maintaining the channel number order.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Lizzy C wrote: »
    Thanks a mill - that worked for me, though yesterday nothing happened when I pressed the Installation button, but today when I switched it on and went to Installation it prompted me for the pin...weird !. So I've autotuned in the channels, and the quality of the picture is good, but the channels just keep changing automatically? Any ideas on how I might fix that. Thanks so much again!

As this thread is about the Triax 114 box not the 112, it might be best to ask a mod to move these posts to one of the threads about the 112.
    Anyway, could be a stuck button on the remote (does it stop if you take the remote out of the room or remove the batteries?) or a stuck button on the front panel (try pressing the channel up/down buttons on the front of the box to see if you can 'unstick' them.)

Life ain't always empty.

cyberhog wrote: »
    Guys I want to delete a few saorview channels that I won't be watching but when I delete them in the channel manager and exit back to the tv a few moments later a message appears on screen that channels were found and added to the list. So when I check the manager I see the channels I deleted are back! I'm just wondering if there is any way I can stop channels I delete from being added back to the list? Thanks!

edit: I just tried rebooting the box and that seems to have resolved the issue.

Well at first I thought rebooting had sorted the problem but after some time the deleted channels are being added back again. :confused:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

So I picked up at TSC114 today in PowerCity, along with an indoor antenna (I know!).
    We're renting a place with a dish but no terrestrial antenna.

So far it's working out well, both Saorview and FTA are all working well.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭netopia

Does anyone have any experience of this box showing the message "Datebase Empty" (i.e. no channels) - I've done an auto channel search and it found over 400 channels and each time I've hit yes to save them I still get the "Datebase Empty" message.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

My BBC 3 & 4 are gone for the last week/ten days, tried doing a rescan but still no sign - even under CBBC and CBeebies,
    anyone else this problem ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

tatoo wrote: »
    My BBC 3 & 4 are gone for the last week/ten days, tried doing a rescan but still no sign - even under CBBC and CBeebies,

They changed frequency recently, see thread over in the satellite forum -http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056770633 .

Hi there,

Would anybody have a stable firmware version for the TSC114?
    Whatever software version is installed on my box, I'm experiencing many bugs with regards to recording programs.

Thanks!

any know how to change the time on this box as its been wrong since clocks went back

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

Hi there,

Would anybody have a stable firmware version for the TSC114?
    Whatever software version is installed on my box, I'm experiencing many bugs with regards to recording programs.

Thanks!

I e-mailed them several times but no answer about an update. they have plenty of bugs to sort out

• Advertisement

sky23 wrote: »
    I e-mailed them several times but no answer about an update. they have plenty of bugs to sort out

I just don't understand how scheduled recordings work.
    Repeated recordings seem to disappear from the timers list for no apparent reasons. For example, daily recordings would work for a few days and then just disappear from the timers list.

Seemingly random recordings seem to take place even when none is programmed.

Somtimes fresh recordings seem to start straight after a previous recording stops.

It's so buggy at the moment that the scheduled recording function is borderline useable to be honest. It's surprising from a Saorview approved device to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

tatoo wrote: »

Try rescanning after 7pm when the channels are back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Droim Iarainn

cyberhog wrote: »
    Well at first I thought rebooting had sorted the problem but after some time the deleted channels are being added back again. :confused:

I have exactly the same problem. Terrestrial channels I delete keep coming back. I have tried switching LCN off and installing channels manually but the problem still persists. Once I view a channel from a particular frequency (e.g. Divis c21 on 474 Mhz), it restores all deleted channels from that frequency. There's obviously some background scanning going on, is there any way of switching this off?

netopia wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience of this box showing the message "Datebase Empty" (i.e. no channels) - I've done an auto channel search and it found over 400 channels and each time I've hit yes to save them I still get the "Datebase Empty" message.

Yes, I had this issue and then realised that I wasn't actually selecting Yes but rather selecting No - it's not immediately obvious but the option you're choosing is the one with the black background rather than the blue one.

any know how to change the time on this box as its been wrong since clocks went back

Choose Menu | Setting | Date Time. Mode should be Auto, Time Zone 00:00 and Day Light Saving Off.

I have exactly the same problem. Terrestrial channels I delete keep coming back. I have tried switching LCN off and installing channels manually but the problem still persists. Once I view a channel from a particular frequency (e.g. Divis c21 on 474 Mhz), it restores all deleted channels from that frequency. There's obviously some background scanning going on, is there any way of switching this off?

You are right, it seems to only happen on the terrestrial side, I can delete channels from the satellite list and they don't come back. For now I think the only thing we can do is use the skip option on terrestrial channels.

Choose Menu | Setting | Date Time. Mode should be Auto, Time Zone 00:00 and Day Light Saving Off.
    thanks

I just don't understand how scheduled recordings work.
    Repeated recordings seem to disappear from the timers list for no apparent reasons. For example, daily recordings would work for a few days and then just disappear from the timers list.

Seemingly random recordings seem to take place even when none is programmed.

Somtimes fresh recordings seem to start straight after a previous recording stops.

It's so buggy at the moment that the scheduled recording function is borderline useable to be honest. It's surprising from a Saorview approved device to be honest.

Same experience here - the start time on all the timers I had set changed for no apparent reason and also the channel to be recorded on one of them changed. Similary, repeated timers have disappeared entirely but I can't discern any pattern to this. My software version is PESI_S_T_R0.2606 and the firmware version is 1_0_16777216_537986822.

It's really atrocious and I'm amazed such a flawed product has been released and approved. That's two fundamental problems I've experienced with the box (i) unrealiable timers and (ii) deleted terrestrial channels returning.

I previously had the Triax SR 110 FTA Satellite Receiver box and had no problems with it - this is very disappointing as I thought they were a reliable brand.

So, what to do? Who to complain to? Is there any point contacting Triax - how does one contact them anyway? What are the chances of anyone listening and actually fixing these problems - it would seem from the comments here that they're fairly widespread.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 TwoRoads

and also the channel to be recorded on one of them changed. Similary, repeated timers have disappeared entirely but I can't discern any pattern to this. My software version is PESI_S_T_R0.2606 and the firmware version is 1_0_16777216_537986822.

regards the channel set for recording changing to a differenr station.. I have had this happen using scheduled recording (rather than EPG record setting)

- set up a scheduled recording to bbc4 for example

- return to stations to watch another channel e.g ITV2.

- return to scheduled recording list to alter a detail of bbc4 recording schedule (to maybe extend record time buy a minute or 2 for example)

- the bbc4 selection is now set to ITV2 (i.e the record channel opts for the lst watched channel before entering MENU..

• Advertisement

So, what to do? Who to complain to? Is there any point contacting Triax - how does one contact them anyway? What are the chances of anyone listening and actually fixing these problems - it would seem from the comments here that they're fairly widespread.

I've seen this box for sale in various shops around Dublin (DID, etc), so there must be many people around Ireland experiencing the same issues.

How popular is this box in other countries?

Advertisement