Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community - Season 4 [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

They'll remap the episode broadcast list to work around it. It's common in TV series in the unlikely event of something happening
    don't tell us they are going to show em out of order?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

;____;

Will probably end up as a midseason replacement for one of the new shows, which pretty much means definitely no backorder for another 9 episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Did anyone read the interview with the new show runners?
    Here
    Why do I have a feeling they will use Troy to make Britta realise she wants Jeff and Jeff/Britta will be endgame - I hope I am wrong. I love their friendship but they were over and should be left that way! I'm not a huge fan of Troy/Britta anyway(I think it feels forced) but I was hoping for Jeff/Annie to be endgame but from the interview it looks like they're ignoring the 3 years of build up and the fact they're a huge fan favourite. I'm not looking forward to season 4 now - and I was so optimistic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

ixoy wrote: »
    BTW if a certain person comes on here to gloat, I may end up getting infracted.

No need....NBC is doing the work for me :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

don't tell us they are going to show em out of order?

A lot more shows than you think are broadcast out of order, except the shows with a continual storyline. Sometimes the TV producers favour one episode at a certain time than another. For example, Futurama in Season 3 and 4 were changed around a lot. Producers preferred that episode 5 be broadcast first in S4 and S3.

Happens on our side of the water too. Red Dwarf, with the exception of S1 and S10, has never had its preferred episode mapping. Same with Black Adder, Black Books, plenty more if you do some research. TV producers always have the last say I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 missdisco

but then what would happen if all those shows turn out to do really well?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 missdisco

alroley wrote: »
    Here
    Why do I have a feeling they will use Troy to make Britta realise she wants Jeff and Jeff/Britta will be endgame - I hope I am wrong. I love their friendship but they were over and should be left that way! I'm not a huge fan of Troy/Britta anyway(I think it feels forced) but I was hoping for Jeff/Annie to be endgame but from the interview it looks like they're ignoring the 3 years of build up and the fact they're a huge fan favourite. I'm not looking forward to season 4 now - and I was so optimistic.
    but there's been some hints that jeff and britta might still be possible -- he got very worked up about that carnival guy-- and annie's probably gonna pair with abed in the end. I kinda figured Jeff would end up alone, and become the DEAN!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

A lot more shows than you think are broadcast out of order, except the shows with a continual storyline. Sometimes the TV producers favour one episode at a certain time than another. For example, Futurama in Season 3 and 4 were changed around a lot. Producers preferred that episode 5 be broadcast first in S4 and S3.

Happens on our side of the water too. Red Dwarf, with the exception of S1 and S10, has never had its preferred episode mapping. Same with Black Adder, Black Books, plenty more if you do some research. TV producers always have the last say I'm afraid.

Famously, Firefly was shown OOO....more recent...Melissa & Joey. It happens alot more with sitcoms.........

......especially those close to cancellation :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I just dont get how Community is treated so badly, even if you completely ignore the genius level of the comedy compared to the other trash you'd think Britta and Annie on their own would be enough to bring in the crowds, other sitcoms can do it (2 Broke Girls, Dont Trust the B...).

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Maybe Community has too many 'in' jokes for fans that make it somewhat inaccessible to newcomers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Which is why NBC should work with the following it has instead of trying to court new audiences who aren't there. There are so many ways to make money off a following as Community's.

Maybe Netflix will resurrect it.

/no I'm being positive. Anyone wanna make a pact where if one of us ever dies the other will get there first and stage it to make it look like a suicide protest against the cancellation of Community?

missdisco wrote: »
    but then what would happen if all those shows turn out to do really well?

Animal Practice, Guys with kids and Up All Night are doing really badly.
    One of the will definitely be cancelled - but knowing NBC they will give the timeslot to Whitney instead of Community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Here
    Ehrmahgerd no if that happens I swear I will be as thick. Jeff/Annie shipper fo lyf ;__; I'd rather it just end up with them all single and ships never being mentioned again than Jeff/Britta being ressurected tbh. Really wasn't fond of that pairing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

What's with all the doomsday negativity around here? I'm supposed to be the Captain of Negativity, but I'm remaining positive with Community...
    Remember NBC is the network that gave us 5 seasons of Chuck despite incredibly low ratings. We will get six seasons and a movie - NBC may be getting back on their feet, but it'll still take another couple of years to integrate new higher rated shows into the schedule, so until then I think Community and Parks & Recreation have another couple of seasons left in them. Despite what they may say or do, NBC have always been proud of their comedy line-up, so with 30 Rock and The Office definitely ending this year, they will squeeze another couple of years out of their next 2 longest running sitcoms (Community and Parks)...
    Positive energy, y'all...

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

My bad mood over this hasn't been helped by the details of the episodes we have to wait for, including a Shawshank Redemption homage and one with the return of the German foosball players.

It's going to be a long wait [sigh]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Mcanoif

Hey just saw that teebusters are on phantom fm tomorrow and will be giving free tees. ! Going for my troy and abed

First clip from season 4 (shown when Joel was on Ellen - of course he was there to promote Community returning this week but yeah......)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZVIypIwyIU

Animal Practice has been cancelled with Whitney replacing it.

Looks like Community will be back on Thursdays - but not for a while.

betcha it will replace 30 Rock midseason, since they cancelled that Dane Cook thing they had lined up

Don't forget they still have to shove 1600 Penn into the schedule somewhere though...
    Is there any other comedies that don't have a home yet?

• Advertisement

when does The Farm start? I know that they're introducing it sometime soon... They'll probably save it for Fall though.

I think Up All Night only has a short run this season so that opens up another space.... Although I seriously am expecting to see God Cop on the schedules soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭squonk

I can't believe Up All Night is doing badly. The show has gone from strenght to strength I think. maybe the big shakeup between Season 1 and 2 isn't sitting well with US viewers?

What's with the long cull time this year? Practically everying I started watching 1 month ago is still on a green light. I started watching practically everything in the expectation that there'd be a few fallers one month in. Last year that was true. Not so this year so far.

On another note, I see Whitney is still going. I watched 4-5 episodes of that show last year and had to give up. It made 2 Broke Girls look diverse. The show never went past stupid exaggerated situations based on her relationship. It seems to be a strong show now. Did I screw up and bail too early?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,799 ✭✭✭✭Basq

squonk wrote: »
    I can't believe Up All Night is doing badly. The show has gone from strenght to strength I think. maybe the big shakeup between Season 1 and 2 isn't sitting well with US viewers?
    I think it's been very weak this year tbh..

.. am not suprised.

Just posted on the Community Facebook page

That.. was.. brillant!

Not sure how NBC would feel about it.. but definitely done in true Community style.

Do you think they're alluding to this being the Dark Timeline, with Chang wearing his evil goatee?

Basq wrote: »
    That.. was.. brillant!

Not sure how NBC would feel about it.. but definitely done in true Community style.

It was uploaded to the NBC youtube channel.

It was uploaded to the NBC youtube channel.
    No, I mean I wonder how they felt about them essentially taking the mick out of his decision.

Do you think they're alluding to this being the Dark Timeline, with Chang wearing his evil goatee?
    I think it was based on an actual flashmob that happened outside NBC HQ, and the black goatee has sort of become a fan symbol now.

• Advertisement

That made my day...

Advertisement