Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community - Season 4 [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

The première of Community Season 4 is now delayed - the NBC statement below comes from this link; http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/community-whitney-premieres-delayed-by-nbc
    “Given the success we’ve had for the past four weeks – including winning the first week of the season in A18-49 – we’ve decided to continue to concentrate our promotional strength on our new NBC shows that are scheduled Monday through Wednesday and have therefore decided to hold COMMUNITY and WHITNEY from their previously announced premieres of October 19th. Without having to launch these comedies on Friday at this time, we can keep our promotion focused on earlier in the week -- plus we will have both comedies in our back pocket if we need to make any schedule changes on those nights. When we have a better idea of viewing patterns in the next few weeks, we will announce new season premieres of WHITNEY and COMMUNITY. “

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

That's cancellation. FML.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Fúck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

It's not actually a bad thing and definitely not cancelled - they are waiting for one/two of the new Wednesday comedies to fail completely so they can give Community and Whitney their timeslots.

But it sucks that the Halloween episode won't be on around Halloween.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not good news.. but not cancellation!

I'm thinking they might replace Animal Practice with Whitney and swap Up All Night with Community.

I like Up All Night but it doesn't go well with the other 3 Thursday night comedies.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

There are a few ways to look at this.

Positives: This could mean a bump to a better timeslot when the crap gets cancelled.

Negatives: We have to wait even longer for new season.

Personally I'll be donning my felt goatee :(

Also this fits in eerily well with last week's 30 Rock. Jack Donaghy is putting all the good shows (and Whitney) on hiatus to tank the network!

Damnit.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

phasers wrote: »
    Also this fits in eerily well with last week's 30 Rock. Jack Donaghy is putting all the good shows (and Whitney) on hiatus to tank the network!
    Does this mean we may be getting God Cop?

• Advertisement

Does this mean we may be getting God Cop?
    Or Joe Rogan as "Mandela"..

• Registered Users Posts: 42 missdisco

Kilkenny14 wrote: »
    The première of Community Season 4 is now delayed - the NBC statement below comes from this link; http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/community-whitney-premieres-delayed-by-nbc

:mad:

WHAT! I was waiting for that!

:(

I don't see why they can't just put it on without promotion. I mean, it's season 4 , it's already got fans.

I actually don't understand how the networks can pull shows at the last minute..

.. I mean they must have been promoting their return.

So people just tune in and hear "yeah, it's not on now... here, watch a re-run of this week's Revolution instead!" :confused:

That sort of stuff just wouldn't fly over here - or on British stations.

Basq wrote: »
    I actually don't understand how the networks can pull shows at the last minute..

.. I mean they must have been promoting their return.

So people just tune in and hear "yeah, it's not on now... here, watch a re-run of this week's Revolution instead!" :confused:

That sort of stuff just wouldn't fly over here - or on British stations.

It's Community - NBC have always ignored it. They do less than the bare minimum to promote it.

I think that they're just saying that instead of admitting that some of their new shows/old ones are huge failures.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

To park Community in favour of Grimm reruns is moronic. I don't care what way they spin it.

So... Hallowe'en episode in February and Christmas episode in April. That makes perfect sense, NBC.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Mr E wrote: »
    To park Community in favour of Grimm reruns is moronic. I don't care what way they spin it.

So... Hallowe'en episode in February and Christmas episode in April. That makes perfect sense, NBC.

It does make perfect tbh, it's the kind of show that they can afford to move about as it's only getting fan ratings anyway and those fans will still tune in to the rescheduled airings

• Registered Users Posts: 42 missdisco

the people on the show have been plugging it though.

couldn't they tweet trend it! that can't cost money. Don't they have unpaid interns to exploit as 'social media assistants.'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I dunno, think we need to accept that Community is circling the drain; while this announcement isn't cancellation as such, it's the next best thing. It shows no faith from the studio, and that they're likely looking for the first chance to drop the show. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

alroley wrote: »
    It's not actually a bad thing and definitely not cancelled - they are waiting for one/two of the new Wednesday comedies to fail completely so they can give Community and Whitney their timeslots.

But it sucks that the Halloween episode won't be on around Halloween.
    I can't recall any delayed shows that were aired.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Afraid to say it but this really do look like the end. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Obviously NBC are really keen to get Kabletown to dump them.

BTW if a certain person comes on here to gloat, I may end up getting infracted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Guys, stop with the doomsday (Deansday?) stuff! :(

If they've already shot the episodes and the show eventually doesn't go to air, hopefully they'd release it on DVD or through Netflix or something?
    It worked for AD and Family Guy..!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

ixoy wrote: »
    BTW if a certain person comes on here to gloat, I may end up getting infracted.

/popcorn. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The show will 100% get aired, it's just a question of when. a Summer burn-off is a depressing possibility, but I would make an educated guess and say that it will come in as a replacement for something mid season. At least one of their new sitcoms will be cancelled, freeing up space on the schedule.

A small part of me thinks that it may take up it's old Thursday timeslot after 30 Rock finishes. The slot is up against such huge competition that there's just no winning in it. 30 Rock has had worse ratings than Community thus far and if NBC have any sense then that's where it will go, back to it's spiritual home.

I can't recall any delayed shows that were aired.

It will definitely be aired. I am certain they are just waiting to cancel another show so it can take it's place.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Mr E wrote: »

They'll remap the episode broadcast list to work around it. It's common in TV series in the unlikely event of something happening

They'll remap the episode broadcast list to work around it. It's common in TV series in the unlikely event of something happening
    You can't "remap" a Halloween episode or Christmas episode if it misses the event..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I can't believe how badly NBC is treating the show. It's actually like they're taking the piss at this stage, like it's some huge inconvenience for them to host the show.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Basq wrote: »
    You can't "remap" a Halloween episode or Christmas episode if it misses the event..

I highly doubt it will miss Christmas but maybe you're right about Halloween.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I couldn't care less when they show them to be honest. If they show all 16 episodes over a week in August I'll be happy to watch them all over a week in August.

Advertisement