Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Barry M Gelly polish in Watermelon - these are supposed to be one-coat polishes with a high shine. It's definitely very shiny, but I'll still add a top coat anyway. On some nails I needed two coats, while others were good with one coat.

Picture from The Crumpet

barry-m-watermelon-gelly-swatch-009.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I've treated myself to a bunch of new polishes while visiting my bf here, wearing Barry m black multi glitter currently. It's not glitter at all, just holo! I picked up the gel shine top coat from essence and have to say I really hate it! It takes forever to dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Today I bought myself China Glaze 'I'm not Lion' from Sallys on Drury St.

CG_ImNotLion3.jpg

I think I may try it as an accent nail with pink nails on the rest.

I also ordered Nails Inc 'Baker St' from feelunique.com

NailsInc-BakerStreet-1.jpg

It's a great shade for winter I think!

(Pics from google images)

I also bought some pink glitters from Hairspray. One looks a little like this but in a small plastic tub. Was thinking it might be nice to create a gradient effect or tips or something...

50g-bag-Fuchsia-Color-Shining-font-b-Nail-b-font-font-b-Glitter-b-font-Dust.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ivenus

Orlee it took less then 2 weeks for the polishes to arrive after i ordered them from trans design. It's my first time trying a Barielle polish. It's a nice thick polish with good pigmentation. The one i have only needed one coat

So this is what I actually did. Pic is instagramed but colours are fairly true to life.

q4Qui.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

dudara wrote: »
    Barry M Gelly polish in Watermelon - these are supposed to be one-coat polishes with a high shine. It's definitely very shiny, but I'll still add a top coat anyway. On some nails I needed two coats, while others were good with one coat.

^^ Utterly disappointed with this. Just one day in and it's chipping like crazy. Haven't had a polish this bad in ages

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MagiD

Absolutely love this thread.. I've become completely obsessed with nail polish lately.. I think I have a problem! :D:D

Had a bit of quiet time in work so thought I'd make use of it.:pIMG_0540_zps30fa0758.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
    pic isn't the greatest of quality..

Used Catrice - Rambo number 5 and Catrice - Birdy Reloaded

IMG_0540_zps30fa0758.jpg

Can't decide whether or not to add a topper to it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 OPI

Love this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Halloween inspired nails ... Another slow Sunday!

Essie Orange It's Obvious, Catrice Rusty but Sexy and a black striper.

IMG_20121014080126%2520p.m..jpg

Here's a few polishes i got from Transdesign:

Orly Fowl Play
    fowlplay3.jpg

Orly Goth

goth.jpg

Essie School of hard Rocks
    schoolofhardrocks.jpg

Essie Cocktail bling
    cocktailbling.jpg

Essie Damsel in Distress
    essie-damsel-in-a-dress.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Ivenus wrote: »
    Here's a few polishes i got from Transdesign:

Orly Fowl Play
    fowlplay3.jpg

Orly Goth

goth.jpg

Essie School of hard Rocks
    schoolofhardrocks.jpg

Essie Cocktail bling
    cocktailbling.jpg

Essie Damsel in Distress
    essie-damsel-in-a-dress.jpg

That first Orly polish is so pretty! I love those flake polishes. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

My attempt at Halloweeny nails. Index finger was quite messy so need to practice a bit to get the hang of drawing things.

photoxbf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Barry M retro pink. I adore this polish. seriously can not recommend it enough. It's amazing! I'm thinking about getting the blue and definitely the red soon.

Barry+m+retro+pink+swatch+(2).JPG

More of the collection that I got from Transdesign a few days ago.

China Glaze Brownstone
    chinaglazebrownstone_.jpg

Orly Glam
    orly glam.jpg

China Glaze Lofty Ambitions
    chinaglaze_lofty ambitions.jpg

Barielle Blacken Bleu
    barielle-blackened-bleu-.jpg

China Glaze Urban Nights - Im wearing it at the moment. Fab colour. China Glaze polishes are such good quality imo.
    chinaglaze_urban nights.jpg

BTW can someone please tell me how to post a photo straight onto a post (like everyone else) rather than the way I have done it, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Love that last one Ivenus its gourgeous.

So my Amsterdam trip turned out to be not so fruitful in the nail varnish area. I got four I was hoping to come home with allot more but hey four is more than zero.

So I gots

Etos 103 and Etos 121 I cant get any pics online. 103 is a green/ orange micro glitter and 121 is a green/ bronze holo.

and I went to the Koh "experience" store....I was expecting a nail varnish Mecca..it was just a counter and a couple of walls of displays. It was good but nothing like I was hoping for. But I did get my most favourite varnish EVER!! behold... Koh Platnium...

kohholographic.JPG

I also got

Koh Green Stardust.

243-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Wow those koh polishes are so beautiful!

Ivenus wrote: »
    More of the collection that I got from Transdesign a few days ago.

BTW can someone please tell me how to post a photo straight onto a post (like everyone else) rather than the way I have done it, thanks!

You need to upload to a site like imgur and use the link it supplies!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I polka dotted all my nails this evening out of sheer boredom. Doesn't look half bad. I just used the five nail art pens I recently received as a gift. Quite like it :)

Apologies for the crappy phone pic; it looks better in person I reckon :)

224633.JPG

The way I do is I upload the attachment, then click on the link of the picture in the attachment window and when it's open in a new tab, copy the address and put it between and tags. Then it shows up as both picture and attachment so it's handy in case someone can't see the picture. Hope this helps. :)

• Advertisement

thanks everone for telling me how to upload a photo properly!

Ladypip i love that green Koh polish. Would be perfect for a night out!

Sally Hansen Salon Effects strips... Bought these in America last year when they were new but never used them, until now.

Sz2NV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

^^^

They're lovely on you Pythia - you've lovely shaped nails! How do you find application? I've only use the NailsRock ones and it was a disaster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

ladypip wrote: »
    Love that last one Ivenus its gourgeous.

So my Amsterdam trip turned out to be not so fruitful in the nail varnish area. I got four I was hoping to come home with allot more but hey four is more than zero.

So I gots

Etos 103 and Etos 121 I cant get any pics online. 103 is a green/ orange micro glitter and 121 is a green/ bronze holo.

and I went to the Koh "experience" store....I was expecting a nail varnish Mecca..it was just a counter and a couple of walls of displays. It was good but nothing like I was hoping for. But I did get my most favourite varnish EVER!! behold... Koh Platnium...

I also got

Koh Green Stardust.

I want the green!! can you get this brand in Ireland? never heard of them

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

stop animal cruelty, as per the thread title please do not quote pictures.

I bought two nail polishes yesterday, a green polish from H&M that I can't find a picture of and an Isadora polish. The Isadora one is called Ancient Ruby and it's from a new collection. I'm wearing it now and it's gorgeous! It looks red in some light, purple in other and it goes on perfectly and you only need one coat. I'll take a picture of it tomorrow but here's a picture from lacklycka.blogspot.com:

Isadora%2BAncient%2Bruby.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

I want the green!! can you get this brand in Ireland? never heard of them

They are a Dutch brand, Id never heard of them before I done some research pre holiday and fell in love. They have a website that you can order from :http://kohcosmetics.com/en/webshop.html. Hope that helps.

Twee. wrote: »
    stop animal cruelty, as per the thread title please do not quote pictures.

oops!

"These are my nails before I put polish on. People seem to like them but I find them boring!"

I love love love the nude color! what brand did you use or are they fake?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

ladypip wrote: »
    They are a Dutch brand, Id never heard of them before I done some research pre holiday and fell in love. They have a website that you can order from :http://kohcosmetics.com/en/webshop.html. Hope that helps.

Have you tried them out? Love the green but are they worth the price?

Advertisement