Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

I love love love the nude color! what brand did you use or are they fake?

They are gel nails and the gel is called cover pink, its usually used for elongating your nails bed like if you are making stilletto nails but i just use it over my whole nail because it's a very strong gel so it's extremely rare that I get a breakage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Keeping things awful simple lately :) planning on doing some nail art this weekend though! Woo!

Here's Catrice Sold out forever version 2 :P 3 coats because I rushed it and it dragged a little :D My bad

Catrice+sold+out+forever+new+swatches.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

My lovely delivery from chickenbutt :)

123.JPG

Green - China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise
    Yellow - Orly Spark
    Pink - Orly Butterflies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

541553_l.jpg
    Why oh why do I bother with Rimmel polish, it's always awful. Picked up this Metal Rush a while ago in a Boots 3 for 2, tried it now and it's the worst.
    First off it's so so sheer, it took me four coats before I couldn't see through my nail anymore. But the last coat didn't set properly so as soon as I moved I smudged three nails. Gahhhh so frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I think it is cos Rimmel polishes are such pretty colours. You are drawn to the pretty coloured polish like a magpie to shiney (we all are) and it is hard to resist it's charms. But obviously when you do buy it you are dissapointed cos it is always rubbish :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Orlee wrote: »
    My lovely delivery from chickenbutt :)

Green - China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise
    Yellow - Orly Spark
    Pink - Orly Butterflies

I usually don't like yellow polish but that is so pretty!

Valentina wrote: »
    I usually don't like yellow polish but that is so pretty!

It's actually gorgeous - really good application for a yellow :)

Yeah think I might have to break my spending ban... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

It looks so much better on your skin tone than mine.. I had lobster hands! And I had horrible staining from it.. I should have warned you!

Wearing Nails Inc Victoria now. I've posted it before - I really love it!

victoria.jpg

Pic from Scrangie

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Has anyone here used Model's Own Nail Wraps? Do you know whether I should or shouldn't wear a base coat with them? And any tips to get them to go on well? I've seen mixed reviews about their application. This is my first time using wraps so I'm a little lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I put on this gorgeous golden holographic nail foil last night but when I woke up in the morning it had rubbed off. :( Should've worn a top coat! You can still kind of see it around the edges though. The golden-ish polish that's left on my nails is Color Club's Antiquated, and the black is Claire's matte polish and I used a golden nail art pen for the "studs".

225423.jpg

225513.jpg

Barry M Indigo with Models Own Freak Out from the Mirror Ball collection. (without flash)

225514.jpg

(with flash)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Phythia what colour is the pink you used on the photo with the accent nail of im not lion? its gorgeous!

OPI Rally Pretty Pink with Your Royal Shine-ness

So very bored yesterday!

IMG_20121022111453%2520p.m..jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Orly R.I.P. (pic from Scrangie)

rip3.jpg

I layered it over Orly Liquid Vinyl.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Chickenbutt that's fab...perfect Halloweeny colours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Phythia what colour is the pink you used on the photo with the accent nail of im not lion? its gorgeous!

Hi,

Thanks. It's Essie Knockout Pout. It dries quite matte so needs a top coat. It also chips easier than some other polishes but I love it anyway!

Thanks a million it looked fab in your photo I will keep an eye out for it!

This is OPI die another day from the 007 collection - 2 coats plus a top coat. I love it it's a really sexy shiny red :)

DCB15738-9125-47F3-8A73-E73842DEE056-12467-000013C5476C5BED.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

is OPI expensive? all the colors look so fab

I think they are crazy expensive here - about €13 a bottle but in the states I think they are about $8 (€6)

I usually get mine from TK Maxx or Sallys sale in Ireland when they are much cheaper

I got that one on ebay it was $6.50 and $4.49 postage. I would usually order off millies.ie butt if there are new collections out I am too impatient to wait until shops get them and will order on ebay.

I also got the four mini bondettes collection from ebay for 12 pounds and free postage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Not really a purple fan but I was asked to swatch Barry m Tainted love (from the retro collection) It's actually a lot nicer than I thought it would be!

Barry+m+Retro+purple+nail+polish+swatch+(10).JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

musical.x wrote: »
    Not really a purple fan but I was asked to swatch Barry m Tainted love (from the retro collection) It's actually a lot nicer than I thought it would be!

<Photo Snipped>

nice! never heard of the brand..where did u get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

If anyone uses them, I was in Dealz in Cork today and they had a load of Sally Hansen nail strips. Mostly plain colours, a few glittery ones and some black and white checked ones.

I picked up some from Penneys the last day for E5 but they barely lasted 4 hours on me, so disapointed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

nice! never heard of the brand..where did u get it?
    You've never heard of Barry M? :eek:

They sell it in Boots. Give it a go, some of their colours are fab!

Thanks for posting that honerbright, I want some glittery nail strips!!

Millies.ie are now doing Butter London!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

An attempt at jelly sandwich. Used Essence cotton candy, Angelica Rio and Sally Hansen top coat

• Advertisement

Millies.ie are now doing Butter London!

eek my credit card did NOT need to know this!

Advertisement