Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

McAuliffe Trucking Co

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

h2005 wrote: »
    Any links to their facebook pages?

The McAuliffes one is gone private. Any comments I had made on it last night were deleted fairly quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Any links to their facebook pages?
    :rolleyes: Type Truly Irish into the facebook search engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

Thanks for the link I`d imagine it`s a matter of time before they stop the ability to post on that too.

VinLieger wrote: »
    They are talking out of their arses, what copyright issues? There is absolutely nothing in these videos that comes under any form of copyright and as you say if they claim to have nothing to do with them how can they claim copyright?
    What they have done is disgustingly dangerous and illegal, i hope everyone involved is punished accordingly, it might teach them not to be so cavalier with other peoples safety but from looking at the videos i honestly doubt it.
    Oh and to the McAuliffe guys reading this thread your a ****ing disgrace.

+10000000000 on this. Fcuking idiots don't seem to have the cop on to understand that it's now gone public, so all they are offering are idle threats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

BX 19 wrote: »

I wouldn't do that to be honest

I think getting publicity onto the radio or even the rte news would be great as something would definitely be done about it.

would like to see these truckers fined and the victims of the car crash compensatsd

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I wouldn't do that to be honest

I think getting publicity onto the radio or even the rte news would be great as something would definitely be done about it.

would like to see these truckers fined and the victims of the car crash compensatsd

Publicity. Get people talking about it. Maybe something will be done about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

OK Well, I've been onto the Garda and I've nothing to be concerned about so video's will stay on youtube unless I hear from them directly regarding it.

January wrote: »
    No, I contacted the Garda who said they were aware of it (that was this morning) and I emailed The Journal and the Evening Herald as well as FM104 last night, but I haven't heard anything back from them.

Interestingly, Truly Irish have left the comment I posted in place but have deleted all others.

Looks to be that they've removed your comment now. Backstards!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Massive sense of arrogance with them. How dare they carry on the way they have. Fookin disgusting.

Sure can't we all make a complaint to the Gardai in Castleisland.

McAuliffe have been caught by the goolies. It have been in their interest to come out acknowledge the offences tell people what that they are going to do about it and apologise.

No instead they threaten people.Hmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    See this too (scroll down to pg 7 Management Structure)

Think the pic on page 16 of the two trucks nose to nose is possibly the same two trucks you see in the first video above the accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Truly Irish have distanced themselves from it via twitter, yet they will not have far to go for the investigation.

595zf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 FacebookLAD

Just sparked up the fire and have the popteasers in hand!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Craving sausages now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Just want to let people know why these threads were removed (and subsequently put back up).

It is standard practice for mods to remove something where a claim of a breach of the law has been reported. The mods are not legal experts, nor are they employees of Boards, so they kick that up the line to us here in the office. I took a look at the few threads here and at the reports we received and realised that there are, as far as I can tell, absolutely no grounds for them to ask us to take down the threads discussion this issue, so I advised the mods to put them back live.

As long as we're not crossing into defamation, the thread will remain.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,267 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Seems to be Directorally flush according to LinkedIn...

http://ie.linkedin.com/pub/mike-mc-auliffe/42/332/27a
    • C.E.O at Truly Irish Country Foods
    • Director at North South Pig Company
    • Director at CleanPower Generations
    • Director at Kerry Truck Sales
    • Director at Greenhills Butchers
    • Director at Parknageragh Pig Breeders
    • Director at Farrankeal Pig Breeders
    • Director at McAuliffe Home Milling
    • Director at Mike McAuliffe Farms
    • Director at Mike McAuliffe Ltd
    • Director at McAuliffe Trucking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

They`ve deleted the video and comments from their facebook page again.

Jaysus, the number of thread views has fairly jumped up in the past 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

They`ve deleted the video and comments from their facebook page again.

Saw that. That's only going to make things worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tipptopper

They really making themselves look completely foolish now, imo they have gone the wrong way about this. Threatening people and all that sh1te, instead of holding their hands up and admitting liability and assuring the public that they will take whatever action necessary, but no, they take everyone for fools. Throw the book at these apes please.

• Advertisement

Compare
    http://imgur.com/vx3p6

With
    http://www.trulyirish.ie/company.php

A word of advice, google remembers everything. Don't waste your time hiding the evidence, respond with a proper statement and own up!!

Dig upwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭Dartz

Streisand Effect, Ho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 FacebookLAD

Anyone find out what they were at?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Dawn Rider

It's because they're panicking and not thinking straight.

The guy from the food Co., which claims to have nothing to do with McAuliffe's, probably didn't sleep much last night.

Orlamx who posted the videos on youtube won't be having a great day either.

M

They are coming at it like a politician from the 1980's, next they will chat to the parish priest.

Dawn Rider wrote: »
    It's because they're panicking and not thinking straight.

The guy from the food Co., which claims to have nothing to do with McAuliffe's, probably didn't sleep much last night.

I'd say they're sweating like pigs!!! :pac:

I'll get me coat.

Dawn Rider wrote: »

Some explaining to do to her Dad I'd say.

M

seinas1 wrote: »
    Part of the official statement McAuliffe Trucking have released includes:

''On Sunday 14/10/12 we had a photo shoot to start promotion of the Charity run. I had rang the Castleisland Gardai for permission on Friday 12/10/12 could we do a photo shoot on the N21 and the Castleisland Bypass. The Gardai gave me permission to do this.
    I then arrannged a meeting with all the staff for 3pm on Saturday 13/10/12 and we went through everything and assigned jobs and traffic controllers. I also carried out a full risk assessment and got everyones signature. Sundays weather was good and we all met in the yard and started our preparations. We had traffic controllers at the front and back for the 3 truck video shoot and then the rest was photo shoots at the view point and the bridge on the bypass of Castleisland.''

Can the Gardaí give permission over a phonecall to close a national road for a photo shoot by a private company on NRA controlled property?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

The road obviously wasn't closed. Either of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

tipptopper wrote: »
    They really making themselves look completely foolish now, imo they have gone the wrong way about this. Threatening people and all that sh1te, instead of holding their hands up and admitting liability and assuring the public that they will take whatever action necessary, but no, they take everyone for fools. Throw the book at these apes please.
    Exactly. That's the best thing to do.
    You hear it on liveline, some company does something like this and they come on pretending it didn't happen, trying to make excuses and it drags on and on for an entire show and everyone thinks that company are a shower of wánkers.
    Instead just admit you fúcked up, say sorry and you'll deal with the drivers in question and everyone moves on and it's forgotten about 5 minutes later.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement