Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Trade Thread

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭deccy15

SSK wrote: »
    Nice trade lads, if your both happy with it that's the main thing. I just about prefer the Witten, Turner side of the deal, purely because your getting two elites, whereas the other side is an elite (Stafford) plus three good players. But yeah, its great to see a blockbuster :D

In Div 3, after a bit of toing and froing, I've just agreed to trade Benson (me) for Percy Harvin. I have Turner, Murray and McGahee already at RB and VJax and a bunch of halfwits at WR.

It suits me because I get a good WR with lots of upside as Ponder settles into the offence in exchange for what is in effect my 4th choice RB. Ideally I would have traded McGahee for a slightly better player than Harvin, but with his injury I didn't think I'd get a deal done and I really needed a decent WR this week.

Normally I wouldn't like trading a decent WR for a good RB but in your case its a very good deal.
    You're loaded at RB and thin at WR so a trade that looks ok on 1st glance looks really good when you look at the circumstances behind it. Like our trade if it suits both sides then its a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

deccy15 wrote: »
    Normally I wouldn't like trading a decent WR for a good RB but in your case its a very good deal.
    You're loaded at RB and thin at WR so a trade that looks ok on 1st glance looks really good when you look at the circumstances behind it. Like our trade if it suits both sides then its a good one.

Yeah he has some decent WRs but was thin at RB, particularly this week when he has Mendenhall and Ingram on bye so it works well for both of us.

I'm 4-6 so desperate to get something going and I didn't see the likelihood of getting an elite WR without trading Murray or Turner which would probably be counter-productive in the long run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I've been offered Calvin Johnson for MJD and Anquan Boldin...would you do it?

League is 2RBs, 2WRs, 1RB/WR

My roster at RB:
    McFadden
    Bradshaw
    Mendenhall

My Roster at WR:
    Steve Smith
    Vincent Jackson
    Steve Johnson
    Brain Hartline

His Roster:

RBs:
    T Richardson
    V Ballard
    R Matthews
    Deangelo Williams

WRs:
    Jordy Nelson
    Randall Cobb
    Robert Mecham

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

Your taking Johnson?

Personally no chance. Johnson atm isn't worth boldin on his own. Also I think titans might have a tough run coming up.

It basically depends if you think he has turned a corner or not. I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

gufc21 wrote: »
    Your taking Johnson?

Personally no chance. Johnson atm isn't worth boldin on his own. Also I think titans might have a tough run coming up.

It basically depends if you think he has turned a corner or not. I don't.

Wtf?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Syferus wrote: »
    Wtf?!

He's after reading it as CJ2K, not Megatron

• Registered Users Posts: 37,640 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    He's after reading it as CJ2K, not Megatron
    Megatron is not doing it at the same level this season. He has only one td after six games. I think he is averaging 11 points a game which is well below where he should be.

And lets not forget the Madden curse which could strike at any time!

I think Hazys has a fine receiving corp and I couldn't see who you would drop for Megatron out of your first three and you only potentially have 2 WR positions. I think he is in a really good situation with what he has at the moment and I wouldn't change that lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,178 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Hazys wrote: »
    I've been offered Calvin Johnson for MJD and Anquan Boldin...would you do it?

League is 2RBs, 2WRs, 1RB/WR

My roster at RB:
    McFadden
    Bradshaw
    Mendenhall

My Roster at WR:
    Steve Smith
    Vincent Jackson
    Steve Johnson
    Brain Hartline

SO your choice is
    RB
    McFadden
    Bradshaw
    Mendenhall

WR
    Steve Smith
    Vincent Jackson
    Steve Johnson
    Brain Hartline
    Calvin Johnson

or

RB
    McFadden
    Bradshaw
    Mendenhall
    MJD

WR
    Steve Smith
    Vincent Jackson
    Steve Johnson
    Brain Hartline
    Boldin

I'd take Calvin Johnson in that trade every single time. MJD isn't producing (I own him in one league) and Boldin isn't really a fantasy starter. Your 3 remaining Rbs are all a good enough standard that you could play the match ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I'm pulled the trigger on it. Thanks for the input.

Calvin Johnson is an upgrade on MJD as i think he'll start hitting form soon and losing Boldin is no biggie to me.

MJD could pick up his form but the Jags offense is so rubbish, i'm not going to hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Obviously too late to give advice on the trade but what I would have said is that I would only make that trade in a keeper league. Megatron is playing well getting big yardage in each game but isnt getting the td's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

The lad's being triple marked at times. Some of his catches, like the sideline one on the go-home drive last Sunday, are the very definition of clutch.

I wouldn't worries about Megatron, I took him with my first pick in D7 and have been perfectly happy with his consistency - he'll add the TDs to the mix in time. Even if Stafford was injured Shaun Hill is an excellent back-up who does no harm to Megatron's value.

Advertisement