Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honestly...Do you ever feel like you will be alone forever?

Options
  • 10-10-2012 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

I know this thought is crazy, but jesus christ, there is couples everywhere and I feel like I will be alone forever... It honestly annoys my happiness when I see a couple...

So will you be alone forever?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Don't you mean Forever Alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭PaurGasm

Don't you mean Forever Alone?

I tried to keep my 4chan antics out of boards.ie but yeah...

foreveralone.jpeg

haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Get married and have kids, you will then long to be alone, if only for twenty minutes of bleedin peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

PaurGasm wrote: »
    I know this thought is crazy, but jesus christ, there is couples everywhere and I feel like I will be alone forever... It honestly annoys my happiness when I see a couple...

How old are you OP? Sometimes the best company is your own. Enjoy it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

keith16 wrote: »
    But, but...this is AH. And you being so nice. Teddy confuseballs:confused:

• Advertisement

But, but...this is AH. And you being so nice. Teddy confuseballs:confused:

*Hugs Teddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I love being alone. I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry.

Possibly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Depends. Are you Hans Moleman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

im married with a 1 year old. trust me, you like your alone tine in the evening when you can just be yourself and relax for a while

• Advertisement

1ZRed wrote: »
    Depends. Are you Hans Moleman?

Because if so, also watch out for stray footballs to the groin.

Hurts in a more meaningful, immediate kind of way than loneliness.

*Hugs Teddy
    ***** Keith16 off :eek:

*I'll get my your pants

:o

***** Keith16 off :eek:

*I'll get my your pants

:o

Do you see what you have done OP? The mere mention of your insufferable loneliness is enough drive strangers into eachothers pants!

Sucks to be you!

*I'll get that Teddy (honestly that's enough now)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭PaurGasm

Ah I am only 21 and Im sure Ill meet someone but seeing couples sicken me haha

I probably should have named this thread "Seeing couples annoys me" haha

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Yeah, in more ways than just in terms of having / not having a girlfriend.

But I subscribe to the multiverse theory, that is that our universe is one bubble of an infinite number, and that somewhere in each of them, everything that could be possible, has happened.

Therefore, there is no doubt another "version" of Paddy out there somewhere - exactly like me, except he made all the right decisions. :D

Really makes it easier to enjoy life I find. Follow your instincts and if everything gets f*cked up it doesn't matter. You did everything right and you got everything you ever wanted out of life - just not necessarily in this particular universe. And honestly who says ours is the most important one? Don't be afraid of making horrible mistakes sometimes, because somewhere out there, you didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Because if so, also watch out for stray footballs to the groin.

Hurts in a more meaningful, immediate kind of way than loneliness.

Are you sure?

:(

Do you see what you have done OP? The mere mention of your insufferable loneliness is enough drive strangers into eachothers pants!

Sucks to be you!

*I'll get that Teddy (honestly that's enough now)
    Yea true :D

Back to the OP though,
    Hmmm, not no at all actually. Never thought it as far as I can recall.
    I'm lucky to have lots of friends and family and all of that rubbish:p
    And as far as relationships go, I perhaps wrongly think I have no problems dating someone if I feel like it. That sounds awfully big headed and I'm no male model (I wish:p) or anything close but that's how I feel, there's someone out there for everyone, if you choose to find them ;)

Anyway don't sweat it, if you're actually worrying about it.
    If you want to find someone, you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

One of the most incredible people I've ever met sent me this song to cheer me up one day. If you're feeling lonely, have a listen.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiQo6DoXknY

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Listen aul wooden Enda kenny even got himself a wife at 45. Don't write yourself off just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,725 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

People are cunts anyway.

One of the most incredible people I've ever met sent me this song to cheer me up one day. If you're feeling lonely, have a listen.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiQo6DoXknY
    Too cheer you up you say?:confused:

It's not exactly La Bamba is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Ah I am only 21 and Im sure Ill meet someone but seeing couples sicken me haha

I probably should have named this thread "Seeing couples annoys me" haha

21!?!?

Jesus Christ man, you have your whole life ahead of you to worry about being alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I shall not be alone if i hold on to this person *grabs said person beside me* Now sorted. wheres the tea? feck that wheres the party for the whatcha call ems, singles or young people all this relationship stuff making me thirsty.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 bbm1

I'm 23 and single, it seems like most of my friends are going steady now! 1 of my friends got married this year! 1 of my friends counted that out of our year at school 12 out the 98 in our year are now engaged with 2 married and something like 8 have children! Seems crazy!

bbm1 wrote: »
    I'm 23 and single, it seems like most of my friends are going steady now! 1 of my friends got married this year! 1 of my friends counted that out of our year at school 12 out the 98 in our year are now engaged with 2 married and something like 8 have children! Seems crazy!
    I'm not reading past the bolded underlined part until you tell us your sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Being alone and happy is so much better than being with someone and unhappy, just for the sake of 'having someone'.
    Be content with your own company, you're your own best friend.

I can see myself being single for a very long time, and that's not a bad thing. If I settle with someone long-term, it'll only be because they're so amazingly wonderful that I'll have no choice but to be with them, and want to have them around.
    That may sound very conceited, but it'll take a very special person to make me happier than I am now...

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

You only fear being alone cause you were biologically preprogrammed to pair-bond/couple.

its the basis of most of your social fears/behaviors.

Over-ride your programming. (access via your hidden usb)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

With any luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

23 and single. It used to bother me more, and yes, the majority of my own friends have their own (at this stage) relatively long term relationships now, and once in a while, that seems like something I'm missing, but I've got a lot of stuff on, I'm pretty active and happy and such. It'd be nice to meet someone, really would, but if you spend all your time stressing about it, you'll be a miserable prick, and nobody's interested in a miserable prick in the first place. Be busy, do your own stuff and be passionate about it. Maybe you'll meet someone who likes that, or who's into the same stuff, but sitting around being miserable will quite definitely get you nowhere, and meanwhile, you've got some cool stuff to occupy your mind. If you don't have any now, go find some!

Advertisement