Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honestly...Do you ever feel like you will be alone forever?

Options

Comments

Where To wrote: »
    Moonshiner video

Terrible audience!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

PaurGasm wrote: »
    Ah I am only 21 and Im sure Ill meet someone but seeing couples sicken me haha

I probably should have named this thread "Seeing couples annoys me" haha
    have you tried wearing an eye patch?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

No because someday great loves me

*gushes* :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Your herd of cats doesn't count as a person

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Yeah pretty much.I'm useless at chatting up women in bars and shítty nightclubs which seems to be the way most people I know met their partners.I've even resorted to online dating which was soul destroying.I've basically given up on ever finding someone.

I just get drunk and sleep in my spare time now,and try not to pay much attention whenever I see loved up couples on the street/bus/bars etc and I lie or change the subject when my family ask if I'm seeing someone or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

I have often though the same I am 22 by the way the last relationship I was in was February and I don't do sex outside relationships so the lack of sex is what get's to me, cause I here about all the riding that dose go on.

It dose get me down big time that I can't find someone on a night-out or find someone in general, but recently I have decided to give the whole dating thing a rest for a while, jumping between people the last few years and not having much me time.

In that I am trying to be happy with myself first in my own company. But I must say, all this single business makes your wardrobe go old fashioned very quick! I have no problem talking to women or striking up a conversation, but I do hang around with a lot of blokes so I wouldn't really no what to talk about? My interests are computers , cars and a bitta bant with the lads.. Not many topics in there.

But I have not given up on finding someone, I will find someone just it feels like forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

*waits for ThomasFlynn to post*

Oh here he is!

OP, I'm 26 and have never had girlfriend, never kissed a girl or anything. I think I beat you on the loser stakes! :pac:

On a serious note the situation had caused me to feel extremely depressed, and I attempted suicide over it back in april because I felt I would always be lonely, felt the world would always shun me, felt I was an utterly useless human being. Bare in mind also I haven't had any friends since I was 13, so naturally thats f*cked up my social development a little which I'm only trying to now recover!

The loneliness factor hurt me so much though, and felt I was too disgusting as a person to have friends and didn't want to live myself in misery for the rest of it so thats I wanted to kill myself. Since then though I've had a counselling and now proper CBT therapy (along with anti depressants) to help restructure my thought process, not only to stop me from committing suicide, but my thought processes on how the world viewed me.

I didn't want to die, but I didn't think I had a choice, so recently in the past 6 weeks I've become more positive and have begun to focus on the small things to improve my self esteem. Like, learning to cook, cleaning, learning to iron, driving lessons, going to the gym, eating healthier, getting a day structure and taking up some hobbies as well to improve my self worth.

Still to this day OP I don't know whether I'll be on my own for the rest of my life or not. I'm 26 now and there are some very embarresing issues which I'm ashamed of obviously and feel it may be too off putting for most women. I really have no idea tbh. I really don't.

All I can do is improve my self worth and improve my social activities. If that doesn't work, then so be it, I don't want to kill myself over it anymore.

Sorry for the rather serious post OP, but its a topic I've tortured myself about for the past 6 months or so as some here may well know. But I'm trying to move on and attempting to build a more happier and forfulling life and seeing where that takes me. Its all you can do as OP, do put yourself in the situations, but don't get stressed over it if it doesn't happen, there's other things in life to enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Oh here he is!

OP, I'm 26 and have never had girlfriend, never kissed a girl or anything. I think I beat you on the loser stakes! :pac:

On a serious note the situation had caused me to feel extremely depressed, and I attempted suicide over it back in april because I felt I would always be lonely, felt the world would always shun me, felt I was an utterly useless human being. Bare in mind also I haven't had any friends since I was 13, so naturally thats f*cked up my social development a little which I'm only trying to now recover!

The loneliness factor hurt me so much though, and felt I was too disgusting as a person to have friends and didn't want to live myself in misery for the rest of it so thats I wanted to kill myself. Since then though I've had a counselling and now proper CBT therapy (along with anti depressants) to help restructure my thought process, not only to stop me from committing suicide, but my thought processes on how the world viewed me.

I didn't want to die, but I didn't think I had a choice, so recently in the past 6 weeks I've become more positive and have begun to focus on the small things to improve my self esteem. Like, learning to cook, cleaning, learning to iron, driving lessons, going to the gym, eating healthier, getting a day structure and taking up some hobbies as well to improve my self worth.

Still to this day OP I don't know whether I'll be on my own for the rest of my life or not. I'm 26 now and there are some very embarresing issues which I'm ashamed of obviously and feel it may be too off putting for most women. I really have no idea tbh. I really don't.

All I can do is improve my self worth and improve my social activities. If that doesn't work, then so be it, I don't want to kill myself over it anymore.

Sorry for the rather serious post OP, but its a topic I've tortured myself about for the past 6 months or so as some here may well know. But I'm trying to move on and attempting to build a more happier and forfulling life and seeing where that takes me. Its all you can do as OP, do put yourself in the situations, but don't get stressed over it if it doesn't happen, there's other things in life to enjoy.

Inspiring words and fair play getting yourself going in the right direction, I think you sum it up at the end. If it doesn't happen it, there are other things in life, it's so true.

Walking the dog the other day, I was think about how much though and work I put into finding/getting/attracting a girl and it must be about 60/70 of my life/brain power. It's was getting a ridiculous amount of my attention. It's like it got out of control, with each girl I would add an extra 10% and all this thinking etc is making the situation worse, over the last few weeks I would say it's getting about 20/30 and other hobbies and interest I have totally forgotten about have started to get back in there. Put basically I figured that there is more to life than finding a girl and if you don't watch how much you give it you can find yourself not in the right mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Cybercubed

I hope not. My past history says I shouldn't be. Being single's not all that bad though. The remote is definitely MINE! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Where To wrote: »
    I love being alone. I'll eat when I'm hungry.

Be careful with that, loneliness and cheese burgers are a dangerous mix

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Yeh, being single in your 20s definitely means you'll always be single - makes perfect sense: logically, mathematically and statistically. Being single eight months? Oh god, an eternity! :pac:

There are good things about being single, good things about being in a relationship; being happy either way should be your main focus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Can't relate.

I've had sex with up to an including one woman at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

21 is an age to enjoy being single!!! I didnt kiss someone until I went to college, then kissed plenty after!! I'm in my first relationship at 24, mOstly because he was persistant!! :) I wasn't looking for one- I'd resigned myself to single life really.... I'm glad now I was single for that period. I travelled a lot- alone, got my degree and made friends for life. Although some people were not happy to see me settle down a bit- I've been told!!! Two years in now and engaged. RELAX and just worry about yourself for a whole. I do miss the selfish decisions I could make before!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

as long as you have
    pam and her 5 friends you'll never be alone ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

saiint wrote: »
    as long as you have
    pam and her 5 friends you'll never be alone ;)

Pam is some loser, even my Da has 26 friends on facebook and he's 70

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭TheBoss!

I think it depends on how lucky you are in other areas of your life.

If you have very little money worries, health worries etc etc and you find someone who also has very little similar worries, then finding someone to love and who loves you is relatively easy.

Otherwise though, if have worries and stresses in your life, then it will drastically effect any relationship you have and most likely ruin it and ultimately you will come to resent each other for making one another miserable and sleep with each other's relatives, just to get even with the other.

Sorry, I've been listening to country and western music all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

I was going to reply with some scathing comment about being a man whore, and not missing being in a relationship, and how when i want somebody to talk to i simply lift my fone and text somebody ..

[NSFW] But PP's post of me threw the mind set... [/NSFW]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

How much of those couples you see are happy? I'd say many put on a show.

I grew up with parents in a miserable marriage. Getting married was the done thing back then. I came across so much couples through the years that just fcuking bickered. Many couples are just not compatible but they stick with each other.

Read the relationship forum here on boards. Relationships bring problems, issues and heartache.

You give a piece of yourself to someone, and they turn around and it fcuk it back in your face, by perhaps cheating, lieing, breaking trust, etc akin to sticking their foot in your face after stepping in sh1t. People are selfish and ****ed up.

I rather be alone and happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Idle Passerby

bbm1 wrote: »
    I'm 23 and single, it seems like most of my friends are going steady now! 1 of my friends got married this year! 1 of my friends counted that out of our year at school 12 out the 98 in our year are now engaged with 2 married and something like 8 have children! Seems crazy!

But sure they'll all be divorced by the time their 30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Stay off 4chan for a start. Those bitter assholes can have a poisonous influence if you stick around them too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

It's shyte being single. We're the lowest of the low, the sociopaths of the fcukin earth.
    I don't hate couples, they're just presuming cnuts. We on the other hand are looked down on by presumptuous cnuts.
    It's a shyte state of affairs and all the alone time in the world won't make any fcukin difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Well it seems like everyone in my college and everyone I know is in some sorta relationship except for me...
    Doesn't bother me too much right now as I'm more concerned about passing my final year and getting a job.
    Maybe after I get a job, it'll hit me harder how foreveralone I am and then maybe I can sit in my dark room in front of my computer monitor and gently weep...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,998 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

thee glitz wrote: »
    It's shyte being single. We're the lowest of the low, the sociopaths of the fcukin earth.
    I don't hate couples, they're just presuming cnuts. We on the other hand are looked down on by presumptuous cnuts.
    It's a shyte state of affairs and all the alone time in the world won't make any fcukin difference.

I think sociopaths might be alone, but only in solitary confinement once they've been caught, except for the occasional visits from the shrinks who try and find out where the dismembered corpses are buried.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I think sociopaths might be alone, but only in solitary confinement once they've been caught, except for the occasional visits from the shrinks who try and find out where the dismembered corpses are buried.

I meant outcasts. Probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

• Registered Users Posts: 23,998 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

thee glitz wrote: »
    I meant outcasts. Probably.

I hope so.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Furious_George

Oh here he is!

I just want to say thanks for sharing and well done on what you have done for yourself in the last number of months. You are an inspiration to others and by sharing your experience you are most definitely helping others who may not know where to turn or cant see a way out of the hole they are in. You are proof to them that there is a way out. Keep it up and thanks again :)

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I hope so.:eek:

I do for now :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

AH is such a cheerful place

• Advertisement

I was just saying is all...

I'm sure I'll change my tune when I meet a suitable mrs glitz. I'll be all like
    'Owww look at me AH, Now I’m really happy! I’m the magical man, from Happy Land,
    who lives in a gumdrop house on Lolly Pop Lane'.

Advertisement