Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honestly...Do you ever feel like you will be alone forever?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

You are obsessed with Justin Bieber ............. and seem to be a tad vain.

Has he considered being a hipster yet? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Internet Hero

1ZRed wrote: »
    And I'm the gay one here..

i never called u gay

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭PingO_O

no its just one for true love. you can like others but only one is true. :) true love

You see that idea just doesn't work in reality. My true love fell out of love with me and broke up with me. Am I screwed now forever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

You are obsessed with Justin Bieber ............. and seem to be a tad vain.

He's a cool guy

EdenHazard wrote: »
    He's a cool guy

My body and facial hair say otherwise

Edit: the guy is like a boy is my point. I don't think any grown man should aspire to him.. well considering he's so short, it wouldn't be hard, but you get what I'm on about.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Internet Hero

PingO_O wrote: »
    You see that idea just doesn't work in reality. My true love fell out of love with me and broke up with me. Am I screwed now forever?

wasnt yoru true love. the true one is still out there somewhere and u are going closer each day

wasnt yoru true love. the true one is still out there somewhere and u are going closer each day

Awwwww, how can I stay angry at you :o

i never called u gay

After that post I don't think I'll need to call myself gay anymore :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Seeing couples annoys me too. I am 24 and although I have my whole life ahead of me (more or less! :p) i can't help but feel life is passing me by. Although I absolutely love being single, and it's not my goal in life to get married like most people, I would like to some day. My problem is I am too shy and I immediately put up a barrier the moment any young fella approaches me. Also I don't drink so I don't feel the pub or the nightclub is where I am going to meet my "someone".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

EdenHazard wrote: »
    He's a cool guy

No, he's not. He's far too pretty for a guy and is some PR executives wet dream to market to hormonal, easily excitable under 16 girls.

• Advertisement

I think what Edenhazard wants is the effect on girls that Justin Bieber has simply because he's rich, popular and famous.

Try to imagine him as an average kid who's let's say shy and quiet, do you think he'd have as much success with the ladies?

The same goes for those 1D kids, although I don't resent any of them, just trying to figure out this obsession with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I think what Edenhazard wants is the effect on girls that Justin Bieber has simply because he's rich, popular and famous.

Try to imagine him as an average kid who's let's say shy and quiet, do you think he'd have as much success with the ladies?

The same goes for those 1D kids, although I don't resent any of them, just trying to figure out this obsession with them.
    Is it just me, or are they all ugly?

No, he's not. He's far too pretty for a guy and is some PR executives wet dream to market to hormonal, easily excitable under 16 girls.

I agree.

Eden, would you not rather the your own man and look like one? I just think being that clean cut, overly groomed and too into your appearance like Justin Bieber is, is unattractive.

Just being more laid back with things is much more appealing. You'll never see me buying into the "shave over trim" style and it's more masculine that way I reckon.

Is it just me, or are they all ugly?

No I think they're good looking lads alright, but no better looking than other non-famous guys their age if you know what I mean. I think their fame makes them more attractive and gets them way more attention than they deserve, but they still deserve it in a way cos they seem like sound guys you know? :)

Important issue I know :rolleyes:

No I think they're good looking lads alright, but no better looking than other non-famous guys their age if you know what I mean. I think their fame makes them more attractive and gets them way more attention than they deserve, but they still deserve it in a way cos they seem like sound guys you know? :)

Important issue I know :rolleyes:

I don't think they're anything special and are very ordinary and exceedingly overrated.

I thought that Zayn guy was the best looking but he's gotten very thin and has that sort of look. If you don't like the boy band look, I suppose you'll see them as unattractive.

I'm biased if that's the case :p

1ZRed wrote: »
    I don't think they're anything special and are very ordinary and exceedingly overrated.

I thought that Zayn guy was the best looking but he's gotten very thin and has that sort of look. If you don't like the boy band look, I suppose you'll see them as unattractive.

I'm biased if that's the case :p

Either way, don't think any of them will be posting in this thread any time soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭northernpower

Sauve wrote: »
    Being alone and happy is so much better than being with someone and unhappy, just for the sake of 'having someone'.
    Be content with your own company, you're your own best friend.

I can see myself being single for a very long time, and that's not a bad thing. If I settle with someone long-term, it'll only be because they're so amazingly wonderful that I'll have no choice but to be with them, and want to have them around.
    That may sound very conceited, but it'll take a very special person to make me happier than I am now...

I like the way of this, i'm the very same, at the minute I don't know where my next relationship is going to come from, and I don't really care either. I've enough friends to enjoy their company, I enjoy my independence, and i've enough going on in my life right now, i'm very content.

And i'm 10 years older than you op, but I do remember being 21 and having the same worries, you might find that if you go looking too hard you'll be so desperate you'll take the first option that comes your way, just relax and don't sweat the small stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Op earlier this year myself and my partner of seven years broke up, i thought that was it, my love life was over, id be a miserable single parent destined to be alone forever. I was so wrong, i am loving the single life! Doing what i want when i want, not having to worry about someone else (apart from my child obviously!), how they will feel if i do or say something; going on dates, flirting with people! Its great! Never thought i would ever think being single is better than being in a relationship but have to say i think i do! I think once you're happy to begin with you'll find the good in either situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

its not :)

everyone has a soulmate

what are you basing this on?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

what are you basing this on?

He's a young, deity fearing conservative. He's basing it on his wealth of experience, no doubt :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement