Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Downloaded a transfer update today. Has a ton of updates. Dunno who to be now.

That an official update or what? Where'd you download it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

That an official update or what? Where'd you download it?

Here you go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Top man. I just randomly fixed my laptop so I'm gonna have a game of FM12 now before 13 comes out. Cheers :D

After reading Mars' account at Waterford I think I might delve into the cesspool that is the Regional Sports Arena.

In my short career in FM I have never managed a team as bad at the 'Super Blues'.

Any tips Mary? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

After reading Mars' account at Waterford I think I might delve into the cesspool that is the Regional Sports Arena.

In my short career in FM I have never managed a team as bad at the 'Super Blues'.

Tactics? I started out with a 4-4-2 with a ball winning midfielder and advanced play maker side-by-side and went mad looking for free transfers. Up top I had a Target man and a poacher side by side. Had it set to fluid, attacking, pressing more and the roaming was set to stick to position. I play with width and a quick tempo.

I'm 10 years at the club now!

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »

I'm so very sorry!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

No idea how to do that, but I found this:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/challenges-scenarios/94208-celtic-verses-rangers-race-premier-league.html#post1449381

Think I'll give that a bash, more realistic

Jimmy Roye, Sign him for every team, Diguiny is another I always bring in, Signed them both for Paris FC and they were a lethal combo, always bring them in no matter what club Im with :)

I'm so very sorry!.

6 IPD's in a row. I'm living the life man! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I'm in a predicament now.I have 2.8 million in the bank so I could expand the stadium to increase capacity from 7500 to around 9000 or I could wait until the option is available to build a whole new stadium. Its still greyed out though so I don't know how long I'll be waiting.Don't know what to do.

In other news:

YEEEAHHHH BUUUUDY.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Super Blues are Limerick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Tactics? I started out with a 4-4-2 with a ball winning midfielder and advanced play maker side-by-side and went mad looking for free transfers. Up top I had a Target man and a poacher side by side. Had it set to fluid, attacking, pressing more and the roaming was set to stick to position. I play with width and a quick tempo.

Haha, this is exactly how I had Crawley set up when I started out!

The only thing that has a changed is that my Target Man is now an Advanced Forward and I tend to change things like strategy and philosophy depending on the match. 13 years at the club!

Haha, this is exactly how I had Crawley set up when I started out!

The only thing that has a changed is that my Target Man is now an Advanced Forward and I tend to change things like strategy and philosophy depending on the match. 13 years at the club!

Clearly it's a good one! I made up my own tactics when I started out but couldn't get it perfect. I refined it by looking at other tactics online. Then I got impatient when I went to a new club and jus imported ready made tactics. I've put the tactic aside now and use it when playing youngsters or in cup matches. I have a 4-5-1 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Clearly it's a good one! I made up my own tactics when I started out but couldn't get it perfect. I refined it by looking at other tactics online. Then I got impatient when I went to a new club and jus imported ready made tactics. I've put the tactic aside now and use it when playing youngsters or in cup matches. I have a 4-5-1 now.

My backup tactic is 4-5-1! I only use it occasionally, usually in tough away matches where I play it Rigid, Counter, Direct, More Disciplined, Stand-Off More.

I also have an attacking 4-3-3 as a third tactic. Almost never gets used though.

My 4-5-1 is a very fluid tactic. It's a game of keep-ball really!

I can't remember what my 3rd tactic is. I think it's a very, very basic 4-4-2. Never had to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I use an attacking 4-1-1-2(wide)-2. No shortage of goals but can be vulnerable in defence against the top teams. Second is a slightly more defensive but still attacking 4-2-2(wide)-2. Third is in case of emergency and is 1-5-2-1-1. Only one player is outside my own half. Only use it if I'm winning and hanging on for dear life. Very tough to score against. Nine out of ten goals I concede with that are simply hit and hope from the opposition. Good for closing out games but the problem is I don't have enough subs to have everyone in a position they are strong at meaning I've ended up playing strikers as DM's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

Hi Guys, does anyone know if there is a database to upload any lower level Irish leagues, hoping to get FC Carlow into champions league :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

ispini1984 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, does anyone know if there is a database to upload any lower level Irish leagues, hoping to get FC Carlow into champions league :D:D
    Good luck with that, it's hard enough with the established clubs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Went renewing the contract of a Brazilian player who has been at the club 5 years and he has been denied a work permit for contract renewal (Liverpool). Can anyone explain that?

Yakult wrote: »
    Went renewing the contract of a Brazilian player who has been at the club 5 years and he has been denied a work permit for contract renewal (Liverpool). Can anyone explain that?

International matches? He must have citizenship by now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Yakult wrote: »

Think they have to play a certain % of internationals in the years previous to qualify for a WP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Don't they need to be playing a certain amount of games for the club too?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

He wasn't called up to the national team, just u21's I think and he played 30 games for the club each season in all comps. I sold him in the end :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Lads

Any recommendations for a good scout that would suit an Npower2 club with little or no budget.

Hate how you can't implement your training schemes for semi-pro clubs.

How in gods name do you sort out team discipline? I'm getting at least 1 red and 4-5 yellow cards every match because they are diving into stupid tackles. So annoying having to change the team around every week to compensate for suspensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Chavways wrote: »
    How in gods name do you sort out team discipline? I'm getting at least 1 red and 4-5 yellow cards every match because they are diving into stupid tackles. So annoying having to change the team around every week to compensate for suspensions.

You must have tackling set to hard. Mine is medium and I get on average two yellows per game. Sometimes more, sometimes less but it averages around that. Only two or three reds a season too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

man city are on minus 2 goal differnce after 20 games, :rolleyes: a real exit game occurrence!

Transfer.png

Anyone have an idea of what I can do? I put a bid in for that player but he seems to have signed a contract with another team before I got the opportunity to. So when I click on the offer contract button it wont let me do anything and I can't continue because it keeps bringing me back to this screen so I'm pretty much stuck in limbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Chavways wrote: »
    Transfer.png

Anyone have an idea of what I can do? I put a bid in for that player but he seems to have signed a contract with another team before I got the opportunity to. So when I click on the offer contract button it wont let me do anything and I can't continue because it keeps bringing me back to this screen so I'm pretty much stuck in limbo.

Can you click into the player's page and choose option to withdraw offer?

• Advertisement

dulpit wrote: »
    Can you click into the player's page and choose option to withdraw offer?

No, when I click in it gives the option to make offer but when I do that it says he has already signed a contract with another club and just brings me back to the other screen. Had to stop playing because of it now.

Advertisement