Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

golfball37 wrote: »
    Whats the significance of Lucy's cornea transplant and how did Wayne know about it? I've been watching this for the last year and it was the first time it was mentioned.
    Thinking the same myself - when was it mentioned in the show ?? I only heard about it through this thread .
    While I'm here - Rachel Brennan babysitting Joey ??? There's a power struggle ! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Whats the significance of Lucy's cornea transplant and how did Wayne know about it? I've been watching this for the last year and it was the first time it was mentioned.
    Ahe got the eyes from dolly the sheep molloys baby when she died . Lucy lied . Wayne cried . Pete sighed.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,321 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

When Lucy first appeared she claimed to have received Wayne's dead sister Jessica's eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

cloptrop wrote: »
    Ahe got the eyes from dolly the sheep molloys baby when she died . Lucy lied . Wayne cried . Pete sighed.

Dolores needs to Hide

sffc wrote: »
    Thinking the same myself - when was it mentioned in the show ?? I only heard about it through this thread .
    While I'm here - Rachel Brennan babysitting Joey ??? There's a power struggle ! :eek:

How does Ingrid know Rachel to have her babysitting, I mean she dont know her that well and after what happened when Rachel minded Jack with Charlotte why would anyone want her babysitting :confused:

Is Renee out to con Christy or Bob out of cash, what she always that conniving?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Why has Renee's accent changed?It sounds horrible. She hasn't been away long enough for it to change that much.

Sick and tired of the bewildering look on Dolores's face at the end of every scene she's in,someone give her a slap.

Oh and Christy's new hair cut,he looks like he should be playing drums in Imelda May's band :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

That Val is an awful yoke. :eek:

Christy can do better than that surely.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 54,692 ✭✭✭✭walshb

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    When Lucy first appeared she claimed to have received Wayne's dead sister Jessica's eyes

What?

How did that scene play out?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

I wouldnt kick cass or christy out of bed for eating tayto's ;)

el diablo wrote: »
    That Val is an awful yoke. :eek:

Christy can do better than that surely.

He did and they (Renee and Carol) cheated on him
    walshb wrote: »
    What?

I cant remember it all tbh but Wayne was very suspicious of Lucy at the start he didnt want Dolores lending her money

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Sweet jesus, can you imagine all that happening in real life, talk about unrealistic.

You obviously don't live on the northside of Cork !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

walshb wrote: »
    What?

I think there was a special night for donor awareness and Dolores was there as her deceased daughters (Jessica) organs had been donated. That's where Lucy and Dolores first met - Dolores told Lucy about the cornea transplant and Lucy said you received corneas - all around the same time Jessica died. They kept in touch and Lucy let slip that her parents were struggling financially and Dolores loan / gave Lucy 5K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Dolores needs to Hide

And Ingrid needs a good ...

No, I'm stumped. It'll come to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 honeybunny1984

areyawell wrote: »
    I wouldnt kick cass or christy out of bed for eating tayto's ;)

Christy's alright, i mean i can understand someone fancying him...well sort of! ha :D but not CASS!!! good lord no...don't even go there....im still getting over the shock of seeing him wandering around pauls gaff in his nightshirt...no joking matter, i could quite possible be scarred for life after that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

What the hell was that about Lucyfer in the garage? She suddenly put her hand up to her eye as if something suddenly happened and some metal filings went into her eye. But Keith was just standing there ... he was finished his filing or whatever. Did I miss something?
    I had to rewind to figure out what happened too.

Keith was filing or using an angle grinder leaving tiny bits of metal flying about that he hadn't cleared up. So metal filings were on the bench.
    Lucyfer (I like that :pac:) comes along to talk/threaten him and rests her hand on the bench. She then brushes her hand on her eye transferring the metal filings into her eye. Her own fault tbh as she had no real business being in the garage anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

^ LOL!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

Christy's alright, i mean i can understand someone fancying him...well sort of! ha :D but not CASS!!! good lord no...don't even go there....im still getting over the shock of seeing him wandering around pauls gaff in his nightshirt...no joking matter, i could quite possible be scarred for life after that :D

yes thats the stuff nightmares are made of alright:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR89AjSfAN97GFleTt8fjhzeagZgl-FrTTJ-CfI6PWGwbqsPZsN

Ha, corneal transplant for Lucy, I didn't believe that for a minute!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

NOW Dolores gets the feeling Lucy's lying to her??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Did Dolores vomit?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Knockout_91

What was that about with Dolores?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

If I was in mccoy's drinking and carol was chewing gum like that behind the bar I would either walk out or pull it out of her mouth, yuck.

What was that about with Dolores?

I have no idea, I tuned in and it was just over... :(Some set my wrist watch back half an hour.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭posy2010

So Neil leaves - wheres the fallout with Sash? Or Yvonne now down her amazing chef? Fair City writer's table - a land of wasted opportunities!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I have no idea, I tuned in and it was just over... :(Some set my wrist watch back half an hour.. :mad:
    Dolores was snooping with judith about why lucy was so upset, she kept at lucy about it.
    Lucy said "i didnt actually get the cornea transplant, my mother did and the transplant didnt take my mother has been blind since"

Que dolores asking why she lied, and the dominos finally beginning to fall in her tiny little mind
    Dolores goes up to her room to have a nice little cry to herself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Why has Carol now got a 60's haircut?

Did Bob steel the money from Turlough?

Who was Turlough?

Why does Louie's head wobble so?

Why didn;t the extras stare at Ingrid's ass as she walked out of McCoy's?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭Hitchens

zoobizoo wrote: »

Why didn;t the extras stare at Ingrid's ass as she walked out of McCoy's?

Cos they're all waiting for corneal transplants.:D

posy2010 wrote: »
    So Neil leaves - wheres the fallout with Sash? Or Yvonne now down her amazing chef? Fair City writer's table - a land of wasted opportunities!!!!

atleast the chef coming back from the olympics will have a job :D

Dolores was snooping with judith about why lucy was so upset, she kept at lucy about it.
    Lucy said "i didnt actually get the cornea transplant, my mother did and the transplant didnt take my mother has been blind since"

Que dolores asking why she lied, and the dominos finally beginning to fall in her tiny little mind
    Dolores goes up to her room to have a nice little cry to herself

Oh right, why did she
    cry
    though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AhInFairness

Oh right, why did she
    cry
    though?

Well I'd imagine its a combination of
    realising that her entire relationship with Lucy has been based on lie, realising that while she previously believed her daughter's death hadn't been in vain she's now been told that the transplant didn't work, and possibly because she's realising that Lucy is a mental case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement