Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group Training Sessions - Where & When

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

We were at this 2 years and the park was impossible for parking. We parked in CastleKnock.

Now this was about 12.30 as the crowds get big in the afternoon. Its well worth attending, do your run, sit on the grass and enjoy it.

F1 cars there 2 years ago and someone smashed the f1 car up when taking a corner in the race.

late ina fternoon is best session!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,506 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

menoscemo wrote: »
    We generally loop back to the carpark at 10am for drinks ;). You can join us if you want for a few miles anyway...we should have 7 done by then so the plan would be 3 @ 8:20 and 6 @ 7:30 pace
    Hopefully see you there then (if I'm not wandering around Phoenix Park looking for a car-park space). :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

claralara wrote: »
    Saturday 18th
    Papal Cross Car Park
    Time : 9am
    Pace: 8.30

Claralara - 10 miles
    Digger - 10 miles

Sounds like TBW won't be there?

Our plan is 10 @ 8.20/30, 6 @ 7.30, 4 @ 8.20/30 for anyone who fancies a sadistic Saturday morning session...

Can you bring my present please. :P I'll be at magazine fort/somewhere around the pitches at 10:20/30ish.

Edit: Also, your maths is a bit off. 10 + 6 + 4 = 20 miles not 10 miles. :pac:

Smarter*e ;)

You're present is in a post box since last night... Must have missed last collection... Whoops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

RayCun wrote: »
    you were warned :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdXeM_0wbuTKRiJU7fMW1exW3tWbl5sIW9vRbYkE9G_j4jiQFB

:)
    No problems at all this morning. Since the entrance to the racing was up by castleknock gate, there were very few cars at the papal cross. Parts of the park were closed off but we got to cover some of the trails we might normally ignore to make up the 20. Told you so :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kennethbolger

hi guys ill take a few of you up on your offers as my training is starting to lag now as people who SWORE they would run it this year are dropping out at an exponential rate......

is anyone based around fairview/marino/clontarf area for evening runs....????

its a great run - ill be trying to get out to sutton and howth a few times during the week and then use the park on the weekends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Saturday 25th
    Papal Cross Car Park
    Pace: 12 miles @ 8:00min/mile (& 4-mile warmup beforehand)

Micilín Muc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Saturday 25th
    Papal Cross Car Park
    Pace: 12 miles @ 8:00min/mile (& 4-mile warmup beforehand)

Micilín Muc

The frank duffy 10 is on that day - park will be very crowded

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

There'll be no access to the park/papal cross car park at all until the afternoon on Sat and Sun. Frank Duffy on Sat and DCT on Sun.

Saturday 25th
    Clontarf Road Car Park
    (Google Maps Link)
    Pace: 16 miles w/12 miles @ 8:00min/mile (up to Howth and back)

Micilín Muc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Saturday 25th
    Clontarf Road Car Park (Google Maps Link)
    Pace: 16 miles w/12 miles @ 8:00min/mile (up to Howth and back)

Micilín Muc
    Belcarra (Hopefully!)

Micilin - I should be able to make this and the paces seem to suit.
    If I can't make it then I'll PM you before Friday/cancel here.
    Do you intend doing a loop of Howth Peninsula (with the hills) or just an out and back to Howth village (ignoring the hills)??

• Advertisement

belcarra wrote: »

Micilin - I should be able to make this and the paces seem to suit.
    If I can't make it then I'll PM you before Friday/cancel here.
    Do you intend doing a loop of Howth Peninsula (with the hills) or just an out and back to Howth village (ignoring the hills)??

Had planned to avoid hills but I could be persuaded otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

I think I might prefer to avoid the hills this week at least.

The stretch from Sutton Cross to Howth is on undulating footpaths which are a bit of a pain. Also, that distance is 14.6 miles or so.

Just doing the coast path from Clontarf to Sutton is 10.5miles. Any interest in taking a detour up Kilbarrack Rd to Coolock and back down to the Coast Rd before continuing to Sutton Cross and returning directly to Clontarf? That would be just under 16 miles and the Kilbarrack Rd stretch of footpath is pretty decent.
    Just a thought though and I'll be there regardless of route.

belcarra wrote: »

I think I might prefer to avoid the hills this week at least.

The stretch from Sutton Cross to Howth is on undulating footpaths which are a bit of a pain. Also, that distance is 14.6 miles or so.

Just doing the coast path from Clontarf to Sutton is 10.5miles. Any interest in taking a detour up Kilbarrack Rd to Coolock and back down to the Coast Rd before continuing to Sutton Cross and returning directly to Clontarf? That would be just under 16 miles and the Kilbarrack Rd stretch of footpath is pretty decent.
    Just a thought though and I'll be there regardless of route.

I hate undulating footpaths and would prefer to avoid hills, so good plan there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Saturday 1st
    Venue : Clontarf?
    Time : Flexible, but lets say 9am
    Pace: 32/34k [20/21 miles, old money :pac:]

Vagga

Doing a long 'un this weekend and don't want to do it in the park, will go anywhere else, so thinking Clontarf, unless anyone has any good ideas? What about the conn ultra gang's "get dart far away and run home on coast road" route?

Saturday 1st
    Pace: 32/34k [20/21 miles, old money :pac:]

Vagga

Doing a long 'un this weekend and don't want to do it in the park, will go anywhere else, so thinking Clontarf, unless anyone has any good ideas? What about the conn ultra gang's "get dart far away and run home on coast road" route?

Amazingly, Greystones to Dublin City Centre is about 32km (20 miles) along the coast :D One relatively easy climb from Greystones to the Bray Cliff Walk and a shorter but steeper climb up the roads around Killiney, the rest flat as a pancake and some of the best scenery on the east coast of Ireland!

I'm only looking for a 26km (15 miles) route so could stop at Booterstown and get the DART to my bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Saturday 1st
    Pace: 32/34k [20/21 miles, old money

Vagga

Saturday 1st
    Venue: Papal cross car park
    Time: 8.30am
    Pace: 8.30 ish

jcsmum 20 miles

Saturday 1st

Vagga

Saturday 1st

jcsmum 20 miles

Saturday 1st
    Time: 2pm
    Pace: 10 miles @ 8-8:30 min/mile + 4 x 5k @ 7 min mile (22 Mile total)

Menoscemo
    Vader_MLK

Just sticking this one up in case anyone else might be interested...Note that the start is at 2pm, have to work saturday morning :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

menoscemo wrote: »

Saturday 1st

Menoscemo
    Vader_MLK

Just sticking this one up in case anyone else might be interested...Note that the start is at 2pm, have to work saturday morning :mad:

:eek::eek:

Can't see you getting too many volunteers to join you on that one Meno!

pconn062 wrote: »
    :eek::eek:

Can't see you getting too many volunteers to join you on that one Meno!

Well at least I already have one volunteer. It sure would be a toughie to do solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

What's your recovery in between the 5ks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

About 2 to 3 days I hope :)

2 minutes jog. Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Oh I'm just curious. I'm doing the BHAA mile in Santry on Saturday, going for shorter and sharper over the next couple of weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Oh I'm just curious. I'm doing the BHAA mile in Santry on Saturday, going for shorter and sharper over the next couple of weeks...

Really wanted to do this, but now in middle of marathon training and sat morning is the long run. Real pity the Zurich mile in tallaght got cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Bit of a longshot, but doing my LSR tomorrow morning as I'm going to Electric Picnic. 17 miles, 8.5 / 9 mile pace, most likely Phoenix Park. 9 / 9.30am.
    If anyone else is around let me know!

No point in me trying to get it done on Monday..

Saturday 29th September

Venue: Marlay Park 1km loop
    Time: TBD (morning) - depends on how many are interested
    Pace: up to you - all levels welcome

For those following P&D scehdules for the DCM there is no good race in leinster on this date. The idea is to have a handicap 10k time trial.

Turn up, state a target time based on a recent race. Based on this we can allocate headstarts. If it goes to plan everyone will converge on the last 1K loop sprinting for the line.

Note: this is not an organised race. Hopefully its a fun way to simulate race-effort as part of a training programme (for free).

Interested:

TBB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Saturday 29th September

For those following P&D scehdules for the DCM there is no good race in leinster on this date. The idea is to have a handicap 10k time trial.

Turn up, state a target time based on a recent race. Based on this we can allocate headstarts. If it goes to plan everyone will converge on the last 1K loop sprinting for the line.

Note: this is not an organised race. Hopefully its a fun way to simulate race-effort as part of a training programme (for free).

Interested:

TBB

Sounds like good bit of fun but there is a kilomarathon on the following day in Kilcock that I'm thinking of doing.

TRR wrote: »
    Sounds like good bit of fun but there is a kilomarathon on the following day in Kilcock that I'm thinking of doing.

Well if you change your mind do come down. I'll run faster if i'm both chasing and being chased.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭banner_phoenix

Saturday 1st

Vagga

Saturday 1st

jcsmum 20 miles
    banner_phoenix (@10:00 8-ish miles)

Saturday 1st

Menoscemo
    Vader_MLK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Saturday 29th September

Interested:

TBB
    neilc

Advertisement