Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

And the last time I was drinking in the Three Broomsticks, there was a Moaning Myrtle in the guys' toilets ... :rolleyes:
    Did you bang on the door and scare her off, yeah? :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Did you bang on the door and scare her off, yeah? :P
    I wasn't the one doing the banging ... >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I wasn't the one doing the banging ... >_>

You stay classy Limerick.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Ulster Bank, you imposter!!

I <3 UL

Sheeeeite! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

So there was these 2 little twins that were both in the kids ward coz they were sick. but whenever one used to go up to xray/theatre with his mam, I'd mind the other little boy and talk to him and all that. And they've been both there since I came onto the ward on tuesday. And like they are supposed to be going home tomorrow and I'm off for the weekend so basically, I won't be seeing them again. But ya, the mammy took a pic on her phone of me and the twins and they all gave me a hug and like I'm prob just an emotional student nurse and you get used to the fact they are just patients and stuff but like, i thought this was so nice.

But ya, i dunno guys, like i'm really happy. Coz like i acto think i picked the best college course for me and loadsa peeps are always like 'ugh could never do what you do' but like the things like those little boys wanting a pic with me and giving me a hug and shizz. Like it makes me really happy. And this is a long and rambling yaaaaaah but in a nutshell, today was a good day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

On such a buzz. Tonight was mental in work, over 40 lobster cooked for the first day of the festival plus me and one of the other guys served dinner to a group of 45 people between us. So tired now but it was so worth it, this type of stuff is why I became a chef.

So there was these 2 little twins that were both in the kids ward coz they were sick. but whenever one used to go up to xray/theatre with his mam, I'd mind the other little boy and talk to him and all that. And they've been both there since I came onto the ward on tuesday. And like they are supposed to be going home tomorrow and I'm off for the weekend so basically, I won't be seeing them again. But ya, the mammy took a pic on her phone of me and the twins and they all gave me a hug and like I'm prob just an emotional student nurse and you get used to the fact they are just patients and stuff but like, i thought this was so nice.

But ya, i dunno guys, like i'm really happy. Coz like i acto think i picked the best college course for me and loadsa peeps are always like 'ugh could never do what you do' but like the things like those little boys wanting a pic with me and giving me a hug and shizz. Like it makes me really happy. And this is a long and rambling yaaaaaah but in a nutshell, today was a good day.

That's so nice:)
    Will anyone hug me when I'm an actuary? ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

It's my birthday but I haven't really made a big deal out of it as it's my 19th, but this morning I was descended upon in my bedroom by a bunch of people singing and throwing cards at my (sleeping) face. It was great. :)

Awwwwww, happy birthday. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Getting payed to eat doritos, watch tv and mind a kid. This shít is great craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Good day down at the Tall Ships! Good music and sun :D

97C284B9-D859-45F4-A4E4-90AC89B195D4-4138-000001144038C8EB.jpg?t=1345919029

Got a sailor hat at the tall ships thing. :D

"Hey sailor" :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I'll visit the tall ships thing tomorrow and get my hat.
    And then go home. Dublin's fairly class yo'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Colm! wrote: »
    I'll visit the tall ships thing tomorrow and get my hat.
    And then go home. Dublin's fairly class yo'

Make sure you're up early,they're heading off around half 11 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Bit blue today but on the plus I'm feeling like a million billion times better and I can eat and leave the house.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

DARFEEEEEEST!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Make sure you're up early,they're heading off around half 11 I think.

I wasn't up early enough apparently :|

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Really excited for School XD Weird? I don't care XD

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Really excited for School XD Weird? I don't care XD

I enjoyed school somewhat.
    Always great banter between students and teachers, students and students, teachers and teachers.
    Of course there was homework and study to be done also but sure that was optional:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I am feeling extremely motivated. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Y'know, I feel oddly satisfied with that exam today. I'm starting to realise that if I have to repeat the modules, it's not the end of the world.

I've so much I want to do over the next few months that it might actually be a blessing in disguise to have a year where I can just CV build.

This feeling of contentment is new... I quite like it...

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

I've come to a conclusion. I actually quite like school. I have fun and it's really not that bad. The problem is when I don't do the work at home. Like last year, there might be one or two classes a day which I haven't done the homework for so I'd be dreading them or working all day trying to get it done. But if I do all my homework properly and maybe a teeny bit of work on top of that, sixth year should be grand. Hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I'm not a fucking loser, I never fail, I'm going to make this exam into my personal bitch, and I'm going to come out continuing to be a fucking winner. Even if I somehow beat the odds and fail, I'll go in the next time and beat whatever exams into a bloody pulp and come out laughing.

Get the fuck out of my way academics, I'm going after degrees and there's nothing you can do to stop me kicking your nerdy little ass with my muscle brain and gigantic self fulfilling ego

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I was the kid who hated school. I rarely went and tried to get out of everything. Now that I'm finished I'm sad to be leaving, had some really memorable times in school and not to mention all the friends I've made over the years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Just :).

Thought my expensive earphones were broken for the past week. Sound was dire, then I remembered I was fiddling with the EQ on my mp3 player. Changed back to stock settings and earphones sound perfect. Yaaaaaaaaaay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Oh, forgot to say: Frank Turner's playing in Cork in Decemberrr!! :D

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

My laptop had been constantly overheating recently so I just decided to take it apart and removed one hell of a dust bunny from the heat sink. Didn't break anything and it already seems better. Take that world!

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    My laptop had been constantly overheating recently so I just decided to take it apart and removed one hell of a dust bunny from the heat sink. Didn't break anything and it already seems better. Take that world!

I got a Coolermaster U3 and it has dropped my laptop temps by 20 on idle and about 15 under stress. Just some food for thought :3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

marko93 wrote: »
    I got a Coolermaster U3 and it has dropped my laptop temps by 20 on idle and about 15 under stress. Just some food for thought :3

Really need one of them! How does it work? , my laptop is known for generating a lot of heat but never had a problem until 6 months ago, since then it conks out often enough but moreso if it's left on the couch/bed.

Have to DJ with it at a party tomorrow and am shitting bricks that it will crash!

Advertisement