Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Congrats to all the Leaving Cert students with their results as well as making me feel old!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Bit late to the party, but yeah, I went up 95 points this year to 530 (including the 25 bonus points*) - delighted and pleasantly surprised!

And I got my A1 in French. Finally, an actual A1 I can call my own, and in my favourite subject! Ouuuiiiii!! :pac: :D

*It's so awkward but I have to include the bonus points every time, it seems wrong saying it without adding that it's different to other years. /old

(I even kept just saying 505 first, and I was delighted with that!) :D

'Hon repeating!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Also late to the party, my results come out today! Get them in half an hour.

Woke up about 7 to a text from Manchester Metropolitan saying I'd got a place there. Genuinely thought I'd failed my exams so very very happy! Off to Cyaaaavan tonight to celebrate. Hup!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Togepi wrote: »
    Bit late to the party, but yeah, I went up 95 points this year to 530 (including the 25 bonus points*) - delighted and pleasantly surprised!

And I got my A1 in French. Finally, an actual A1 I can call my own, and in my favourite subject! Ouuuiiiii!! :pac: :D

*It's so awkward but I have to include the bonus points every time, it seems wrong saying it without adding that it's different to other years. /old

(I even kept just saying 505 first, and I was delighted with that!) :D

'Hon repeating!!
    (I'm not even fashionably late to this party, everybody's gone home already)

Feels so wrong telling people I got 595.
    Have to tell them I got 570.

Waiting for offers before I say yay though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Info pack came from NUIM this morning. This is all so exciting :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Eathrin wrote: »
    (I'm not even fashionably late to this party, everybody's gone home already)

Feels so wrong telling people I got 595.
    Have to tell them I got 570.

Waiting for offers before I say yay though:)

See I was like that but everyone I know just says the result including the extra points, and they don't even mention them, so that coupled with people telling me not to be so modest has made me say 530. But it's different for me 'cause I get the full 25 bonus points, some with 7 subjects might only have actually gone up 5/10/15 so they can't really say 'including the 25'. :S And I only just realised that today. :L

Yaaah: I can't really pick one yaaah but I'm just generally in a good mood and happy with how everything is going right now. And most people I've spoken to about the results did brilliantly and are delighted, so yay for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Just realised how close The Black Keys in the o2 is, next Wednesday! :D

Also the possibility of going to Two Door Cinema Club/Noah And the Whale/Cast of Cheers next Thursday.

This, combined with CAO offers on Monday, and if I get the course I want next week is gonna be some week! :D

frantic190 wrote: »
    Just realised how close The Black Keys in the o2 is, next Wednesday! :D

Also the possibility of going to Two Door Cinema Club/Noah And the Whale/Cast of Cheers next Thursday.

This, combined with CAO offers on Monday, and if I get the course I want next week is gonna be some week! :D

What course ya hoping for?

marko93 wrote: »
    What course ya hoping for?

Digital Media in NUIM, kinda like the Media Studies course but with Computer Science.

Digital Media in NUIM, kinda like the Media Studies course but with Computer Science.

See you in CS :cool:

• Advertisement

marko93 wrote: »
    See you in CS :cool:

I really feel like I'm jinxing it by posting about it but NUIM looks so good, I can't wait for it :D

I really feel like I'm jinxing it by posting about it but NUIM looks so good, I can't wait for it :D

I reckon you'll get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Had the nicest fb chat with a a friend who I haven't seen in ages earlier and the last few days have really made my summer. Negative yaaahhh at how my work hours continue to disrupt my social life, but there's a week left so I refuse to use this as an excuse any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Ah guys, haven't had proper internet access since Monday so I'm only seeing how well y'all did now. So oddly proud, well done everyone! :D I'm actually feeling really motivated right now as a result, long may it last. But yeah, hope everyone is really happy with whatever they get on Monday and have the best time in college ever and all that jazz. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Slow Show wrote: »
    Ah guys, haven't had proper internet access since Monday so I'm only seeing how well y'all did now. So oddly proud, well done everyone! :D I'm actually feeling really motivated right now as a result, long may it last. But yeah, hope everyone is really happy with whatever they get on Monday and have the best time in college ever and all that jazz. :)
    Trust me, I remember last year I was sooooooo motivated when all my friends got results, for like one day. :P But the memory of it kinda kept me going :)

In case anyone missed my post in the results thread, I got 530. Togepi: eat your heart out. :cool:
    (Didn't get the A1 in French though, A2, as you all know from my incessant whining - il m'a brisé le coeur. :()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Yayyyyyyyy it's my birthday today! 19 :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Went for an hours swim in the sea earlier, woohoo for doing something productive :pac: It was pretty choppy though, messing about in the sea is great but for an actual swim I'd prefer the pool...also it was absolutely fricking freezing!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

All the leaving certs did ridiculously well in the exams! Don't go to the LC forum... It's depressing :P

Boards in general is full of smarties?! It's weird..
    Lawliet wrote: »
    I think it's just that the ones who got really high points are more likely to shout it from the roof tops.
    There's that in it, certainly, but I honestly think that Boards LC forum also seems to attract a lot of the highflyers every year. Part of the reason might be because the medabees* always seem to gather here to seek info / chat (so you can blame QoL and Co. :pac:) but it's a more general / broader thing as well.

Plus the bonus maths points this year make it look like an especially high-scoring year.

Some very good results, certainly, and lots of people with every right to feel very proud ... but then, it's all relative too. The person who works their ass off to get 350 points should feel every bit as proud as the person who pottered along comfortably enough and got 590 ... more so, imho.

*med wannabes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

There's that in it, certainly, but I honestly think that Boards LC forum also seems to attract a lot of the highflyers every year.

Best thread ever! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Noel aka Grndylow (may he rest in peace) is drunk on fb chat right now and it is killing me. Gonna keep a trancsript of this conversation to cheer me up on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I for one think that everyone who gets better grades than me is a nerd. A smelly nerd with no friends. The only reason they did better than me was by omitting hygiene, sleep and being cool from their schedule, and you just know that they made schedules because they are smelly nerds, as its pretty much fact that all nerds make schedules.

Also, Randy, please don't use the word "medabee" again. It sounds like one of the new, crap pokemon

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Also, Randy, please don't use the word "medabee" again. It sounds like one of the new, crap pokemon

A medabee is when a Metapod and a Beedrill mate... #nerdjokes

Now, back to my scheduling...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

I thought it was like a play on medabots . . .
    like ya know this guy
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRK1Q5HX-4V1Y1zHNalzBEtYaUr3FQiOgbTwUunyCNP6E9tpYgy9A

Meowth wrote: »
    I thought it was like a play on medabots . . .
    like ya know this guy
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRK1Q5HX-4V1Y1zHNalzBEtYaUr3FQiOgbTwUunyCNP6E9tpYgy9A

MORE MEDABOTS! MORE POWWWWEEEER!

Well. Thanks to Meowth I know what I'll be watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Have my awesome new room all organised and pretty. And sooooooooooo much storage <3

As of 6:43 this morning, I am a student of NUI Maynooth :D:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I'm a UCD student now! :D
    I knew I was for a while now but...now it's confirmed. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Trinityyyy :D
    So absolutely delighted, this is the only course I could imagine doing, it's all I've ever wanted and I'm so excited for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I'm a tad scared for my sister. Going to be an arts student in NUIG while living in corrib village. A recipe for disaster :P

But hey, regular Galway visits now. lolerzzzz. Baaaanter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I'm going to UCC :eek: :D

Advertisement