Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday Storm (15/08):MOD WARNING #626 High Winds + Heavy Rain/Flooding Likely

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Really horrible weather in Tramore, co.Waterford.

Waves are huge, got drenched walking on the prom, will post video's soon.

Wind is around 45 km/h and very strong.

No rain right now but looking at the clouds, it's on it's way.

Update:

Here is a pic of Newtown in Tramore.

pic.png

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭lostinashford

Ashford, Co. Wicklow

Wind still picking up, max gust so far 56.8km/h SSE
    Pressure 993.1hPa still falling
    Rain gauge not working but some rain now

Drove up to Belfast this morning, lovely morning, heavens opened around 13.30 there and torrential for a while, not bad for the drive home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

It looks like the south is going to get the heaviest rain again tomorrow...

galeforcewindsandheavyrain.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

lee3155 wrote: »
    Really horrible weather in Tramore, co.Waterford.

Waves are huge, got drenched walking on the prom, will post video's soon.

Wind is around 45 km/h and very strong.

No rain right now but looking at the clouds, it's on it's way.

Update:

Here is a pic of Newtown in Tramore.

pic.png

Any Higher resolution version of that pic?? Looked very rough out there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

It's getting pretty blustery around Dublin City Centre now, plenty of rubbish bags flying in and out of traffic. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

It was a bit windy here but nice and mild now!! The sun is even trying to make an appearence

It's getting pretty blustery around Dublin City Centre now, plenty of rubbish bags flying in and out of traffic. ;)

The same here in swords Co. dublin and I thought it was all over with. It's picking up quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

we had a lovely sunny spell there for 10 minutes, but it's gone back to dark and raining on and off, blustery, nothing major now though I hope...

IanCar is your big blob gone past the Knockmealdowns now ? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Coles

Flood warning for Fermoy tonight according to All About Fermoy.

I wonder how reliable the alert is.
    Flood warning system shut down due to lack of funds, - Corkman.ie

Thursday July 12 2012

AN early flood warning system covering towns along the length of the River Blackwater has had to be suspended due to a lack of funding.

The Irish Flood Water System, the first online scheme of its kind in the country, was developed by a graduate at UCC in 2004.

The system's Active Flood Page analysed data taken from two upstream county council monitoring sites at Durraigle in Millstreet and Dromcummer near Kanturk. Experts then used the data to predict, with a high degree of accuracy, the likelihood of flooding in towns along the length of the river including Mallow and Fermoy.

more...

Minor alert on the River Bandon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

The only this I could find about that is:

FLOOD WARNING FOR FERMOY TONIGHT Councillor Noel Barnes posted: flood warning for fermoy, peak midnight Fermoy.(from Town Council) #flood -- Maurice Gubbins (@allaboutfermoy)

• Advertisement

Right,

This was taken by Thomas Doyle, it's the Cove in Tramore:

603472_451252788248787_1243284128_n.jpg

These were taken by me on the prom in Tramore, the waves are after getting worse also:

IMG_0850.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

Absolutely lashing now in Tramore, looks like it's down for the night.

Videos to follow soon... Lovely weather :D

Any Higher resolution version of that pic?? Looked very rough out there.

Only came across it on facebook a couple of minutes ago,

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/616309_514901638525909_557173338_o.jpg

Also there's this:

603496_451253048248761_2127380162_n.jpg

As you can see, that was the cove.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Chicken1

Thats some storm surge

Here's some more pics:

Boatstrand:

559188_517526541595766_1702526293_n.jpg

And Annestown:

551974_517526238262463_1905670419_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've just checked my weather station. Only one new record set today for this year - 12.3mm of rain in an hour. I can't remember what the previous maximum was. Nothing else of exceptional note.

Poor ole Dublin, missed most of it. Still, i was way down in a ditch so I probably missed the real storm. Maybe i should have recorded it from the roof, might have got a better gust :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

weather.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

What's going on elsewhere? In Dublin been raining a good bit but a few sunny spells nothing out of the normal. is this thing completely exagerrated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭torrentum

Getting quieter in south Kilkenny. I think the winds going away. Now, bring on some lightning!

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    What's going on elsewhere? In Dublin been raining a good bit but a few sunny spells nothing out of the normal. is this thing completely exagerrated?

Come on down to Tramore :P Cant walk anywhere near the beach unless you want to be blown like a paper bag or have a free shower with some fresh sea water :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Still gusting strongly down in Newbridge at the moment ,

A couple of trees gone in the estate and around the area ,

217181.png

My crappy little green house took wings , as did a heavy enough steel lader out the back ,

On the drive home from Dublin there was a good few leaves on the side of the road and some very minor branch damage,

Only seemed to be picking up really in St Vincents Hospital when I was leaving a 6

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

TheCoolWay wrote: »

Dublin is actually quite small when you compare it in size to the rest of the country ,

Just because its not happening in your own back yard does not mean its not happening elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

7790720350_7bc4b8b2cf.jpg
    DSC_0660 by Derwalsh, on Flickr

7790713294_fb891139cd.jpg
    DSC_0635 by Derwalsh, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

so unbelievable pissed off right, was in perks when that thunderstorm hit, i missed 25 minutes of a decent thunderstorm.:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Really bad right now in Co. Waterford, very very strong winds with rain! A few trees in the garden have been rightly destroyed but other than that everything's holding solid for now haha

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

lee3155 wrote: »
    Come on down to Tramore :P Cant walk anywhere near the beach unless you want to be blown like a paper bag or have a free shower with some fresh sea water :D

Great photos of the cove in Tramore!

caravan still rocking and rolling at the moment. went for a walk on the beach. hard enough going to be honest.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Irishder wrote: »
    7790720350_7bc4b8b2cf.jpg
    DSC_0660 by Derwalsh, on Flickr

7790713294_fb891139cd.jpg
    DSC_0635 by Derwalsh, on Flickr

Looking Fairly rough down there. Spotted some loon kite surfing earlier on on the webcam down there, though they were staying close enough to the beach..

Ahh I miss Tramore on a stormy day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭SalteeDog

Gust of winds picking up here in north Co. Galway now. Has been windy all day but fairly tame - a couple of heavy showers but plenty sunshine too.

• Advertisement

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Looking Fairly rough down there. Spotted some loon kite surfing earlier on on the webcam down there, though they were staying close enough to the beach..

Ahh I miss Tramore on a stormy day :(

would have loved to have gone down to tramore today. but money is light right now. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement