Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭NTC

Acoshla wrote: »
    Mairead's trying to be sexy again, sounds so forced!

I think her days as "sexy" are in the past. That was an annoying section!

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Acoshla wrote: »
    Mairead's trying to be sexy again, sounds so forced!

Oh Jesus she's annoying the fuçk out of me today. That was soooooooo good. More like soooooooo annoying and faked, I often wonder when she sees her child too as she's either at the cinema a gig or out drinking with "The team".

Also for the love of god would they please teach D'arcy to bloody read properly without smacking his lips or constantly breathing in during a sentence.

Can he not glance over the material first so he doesn't sound like he's a seven year old trying to read a basic sentence while eating a bowl of cornflakes .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Think this thread is finally turning me, Jaysus Mairead is annoying, there I said it!

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Think this thread is finally turning me, Jaysus Mairead is annoying, there I said it!

Ha ha thanks that cheered me up. Bet you feel liberated;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Lads leave her child out of it for feck sake!

Also for the love of god would they please teach D'arcy to bloody read properly without smacking his lips or constantly breathing in during a sentence.

Can he not glance over the material first so he doesn't sound like he's a seven year old trying to read a basic sentence while eating a bowl of cornflakes .

He was reading an email earlier and the "eh"-ing and "ah"-ing and long gaps and "where was I" and "oh yeah" and <sigh> just completely distract you and make it extremely difficult to make out what the hell he is talking about. Dreadful stuff..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

I often wonder when she sees her child too as she's either at the cinema a gig or out drinking with "The team".

I wish I had your troubles my friend because you mustn't have many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Lads leave her child out of it for feck sake!

He was reading an email earlier and the "eh"-ing and "ah"-ing and long gaps and "where was I" and "oh yeah" and <sigh> just completely distract you and make it extremely difficult to make out what the hell he is talking about. Dreadful stuff..

It just drives me nuts that after so long at it he is still really bat at the nuts and bolts parts of being a radio DJ, its like he feels that stuff isn't part of his job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Oh Jesus she's annoying the fuçk out of me today. That was soooooooo good. More like soooooooo annoying and faked, I often wonder when she sees her child too as she's either at the cinema a gig or out drinking with "The team".

You're a nice fella, ain't yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

What did I miss this morning? Two people getting a massage on the radio apparently.

Groundbreaking radio by D'arcy once again. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

el diablo wrote: »
    What did I miss this morning? Two people getting a massage on the radio apparently.

Groundbreaking radio by D'arcy once again. :)

High caliber stuff as ever

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

I wish I had your troubles my friend because you mustn't have many.

confused:confused:

For the love of Jaysus...

He's struggling again with Two Door Cinema Club, and has come out with the line "ye are tough work lads" because they weren't saying anything..

The reason they weren't saying anything was because Ray was just making some rambling statements that went absolutely nowhere. At one stage a band member actually said "ummm .... and what's the question Ray?".

Would it be so hard to do a bit of research and have a couple of proper questions for them? instead of blaming them when they don't laugh and converse with him and his silly statements.

During the earlier performance he said "here is Two Door Cinema Club and Settle Down .... Ha, never say that to a woman ha ha ha ... settle down - or relax, never say settle down or relax - ha ha ha!"

He was greeted by silence from the band. It turned out the song wasn't called settle down. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Coll79

Came back from tea/hide in the jacks for 10 mins break this morning and I heard Victor Meldrew err, janey mac I mean Ray, utter this magnificently formed sentence, "I won't be here next week Arthur 'cos I'm on holidays for two weeks". I had to confirm with 'The Sloth' who works alongside me and make sure I wasn't still in mid-morning Walter Mitty mode. Cheered my morning up no end:D How sad am I?(Rhetorical)

Anywho, tomorrow is the start of a Bank Holiday weekend and we all know what this means don't we? It means Mairead is going to do her extraordinarily, unforgivably, cringey "La la la, la la la long weekend, La la la, la la la long weekend" piece and simultaneously make 400,000 peoples faces embark on the biggest redner of their lives and try not to make eye contact with anyone until it's over. Stop Stop, eject eject eject (my brain by surgery please)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Velocity_Girl

Coll79 wrote: »
    Came back from tea/hide in the jacks for 10 mins break this morning and I heard Victor Meldrew err, janey mac I mean Ray, utter this magnificently formed sentence, "I won't be here next week Arthur 'cos I'm on holidays for two weeks". I had to confirm with 'The Sloth' who works alongside me and make sure I wasn't still in mid-morning Walter Mitty mode. Cheered my morning up no end:D How sad am I?(Rhetorical)

Was delighted by this too, but then heard that Mairead is going to be the host for A WHOLE WEEK!!! :eek:

Was delighted by this too, but then heard that Mairead is going to be the host for A WHOLE WEEK!!! :eek:

Oh Jesus. Seriously? I didn't hear that ... :(

Paul McCloone next week. He's a good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Velocity_Girl

Oh Jesus. Seriously? I didn't hear that ... :(

Paul McCloone next week. He's a good laugh.

I hope to God I was hearing things, but as Ray was wrapping things up he said that Paul McCloone was on next week and then Mairead was filling in the next week and he wished her luck!

I can't imagine what a week with Mairead hosting will be like...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

The name of the woman he was interviewing at the end of the show escapes me, but he had to go and ruin a perfectly good interview by mentioning that f*cking book again. Are the publishers paying him per mention or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

I hope to God I was hearing things, but as Ray was wrapping things up he said that Paul McCloone was on next week and then Mairead was filling in the next week and he wished her luck!

I can't imagine what a week with Mairead hosting will be like...

I foresee sales of radios increasing. As people flock to sell their radios.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

Noooo did they lose the key to Anton's closet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

fifi234ie wrote: »
    Noooo did they lose the key to Anton's closet :(

Anton is busy standing in for my doctor who is on holidays at the moment, and also doing a shift at my local filling station.

You know how it is, if anyone steps out for a moment, Anton fills in for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

LLU wrote: »
    Anton is busy standing in for my doctor who is on holidays at the moment, and also doing a shift at my local filling station.

You know how it is, if anyone steps out for a moment, Anton fills in for them.

ROFL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

i really am thinking that mairead mucks about with the controls on the desk even paul mcloone is messing up songs now cant believe they are letting her have the show for a week and no will today is he on holiday as well for 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Horse84

Des bishop..... FFS!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Horse84 wrote: »
    Des bishop..... FFS!!

you serious?

Unreal isn't it.. He must have been on five or six times already this year.

I remember a couple of months back he was on two weeks in a row! :D

At this stage the show has just become a platform for them to talk about their families and promote their friends.

Its a complete joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

You could just listen to a different station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

threein99 wrote: »

You could just listen to a different station
    No, he's not tall enough to reach the dial unfortunately ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

lets play guess the guests over next 2 weeks im going for maxwell, delamere, jason byrne maybe daithi em fella who hosts savage eye and craig doyle at a wild guess anyone i missed ??????????????? and i bet we wont get oh not this one or what happened ther as mairead wont be doing the controls she will have shane dempsey or gavin blake in with her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Bring back Ray.

This guy has got a voice like the old man who bores be to sleep with readings at mass.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement