Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

Bring back Ray.

This guy has got a voice like the old man who bores be to sleep with readings at mass.

yes, but no talk of babies/kids or 50 shades of grey this week :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Even McCloone slags Ray for being obvious when he's reading from a mail or text and that he doesn't sound natural. He's infinitely better than Darcy, and plays good music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

I hope Mairead gets stranded in London

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

fifi234ie wrote: »
    I hope Mairead gets stranded in London

Cue Ray cutting his holiday short in order to start a new feature;
    "Enlisting 20-stone truckers in touch with their feminine side to help Des Bishop and Neil Delamare hitch-hike to London to rescue Mairéad whilst looking for a date and simultaneously reducing housewives affected by suicide and road death and single parents with autistic children to tears with terrible acoustic out of tune songs inspired by 50 Shades of Grey, *siiiiigh*"
    Just rolls off the tongue.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 gally87

DuckStab wrote: »
    Cue Ray cutting his holiday short in order to start a new feature;
    "Enlisting 20-stone truckers in touch with their feminine side to help Des Bishop and Neil Delamare hitch-hike to London to rescue Mairéad whilst looking for a date and simultaneously reducing housewives affected by suicide and road death and single parents with autistic children to tears with terrible acoustic out of tune songs inspired by 50 Shades of Grey, *siiiiigh*"
    Just rolls off the tongue.

Making little of suicide and children with autism, how is that even remotely funny. Don't give u the day job to become a comedian any time soon.

You sir are an idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

gally87 wrote: »
    Making little of suicide and children with autism, how is that even remotely funny. Don't give u the day job to become a comedian any time soon.

You sir are an idiot.

Attack the post not the poster, regardless of wether or not you agree with their posts, you cannot refer to them like this.

back on topic folks

Splinter

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

gally87 wrote: »

You sir are an idiot.
    I'm getting really tired of posts like this...a real comedian would say worse you know...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

music has been great all week.. Can't understand why darcy's choice of music of music is so bad compared to most people that fill in for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    music has been great all week.. Can't understand why darcy's choice of music of music is so bad compared to most people that fill in for him.

this ,ray has the choice of whatever music he wants ,yet i feel his choices are very repetitive and a bit dull

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

maxfresh wrote: »
    this ,ray has the choice of whatever music he wants ,yet i feel his choices are very repetitive and a bit dull

He bangs on about spending evenings planning his music for the next day. Really ? He latches onto a band or a song and flogs it to death. Every ****ing day. Mumford and sons, Noah and the whale ad nauseum. Songs I liked on first hearing I now hate because of his constant repetition.

Thank god for Paul Mcaloon (sp?) the last week. At least he has a good/diverse taste in music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Heckler wrote: »
    He bangs on about spending evenings planning his music for the next day. Really ? He latches onto a band or a song and flogs it to death. Every ****ing day. Mumford and sons, Noah and the whale ad nauseum. Songs I liked on first hearing I now hate because of his constant repetition.

Thank god for Paul Mcaloon (sp?) the last week. At least he has a good/diverse taste in music.

Ya left out Paulo Nutini it went on for almost a year, I swear his ego is so huge he believes he is giving us a treat by educating us with good music !!!

Its always sh!t then Mairead starts to say he has no taste in music but two minutes later she tells us how she is going to see Jedward or Westlife that night.

It would be better if they let the postman pick the music.

In my opinion Ray has completely turned into Victor Mildrew, he is very depressing and has no place at a national station .

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Mairead next week should be...something, what I don't know.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

There are so many good hosts out there, why the hell are they giving Mairead the show for a week?

I can understand why McLoone isn't doing it, he's been covering for Dempsey and D'Arcy for two (three?) weeks now, so probably needs to get back to his own show.

But why not let Phil Cawley cover? Or Anton Savage? Or do what they did before and get Dempsey to stay on until 11 and then bring Foley on?

I've nothing personal against the woman, but I seriously don't believe she has what it takes to host a show in such a prime time slot.

What's even worse is I'll have to listen in to her because they've got the first play of the new Damien Dempsey single next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    There are so many good hosts out there, why the hell are they giving Mairead the show for a week?

I can understand why McLoone isn't doing it, he's been covering for Dempsey and D'Arcy for two (three?) weeks now, so probably needs to get back to his own show.

But why not let Phil Cawley cover? Or Anton Savage? Or do what they did before and get Dempsey to stay on until 11 and then bring Foley on?

I've nothing personal against the woman, but I seriously don't believe she has what it takes to host a show in such a prime time slot.

What's even worse is I'll have to listen in to her because they've got the first play of the new Damien Dempsey single next week.

I've nothing against her personally because I don't know her. What I do know is that on the show she's annoying, has a **** taste in music and from the few ballcrunching times i've had to sit through the panel she has no sense of humour or comedy. Next week is going to be a disaster of crap music and cringy radio. I'm kinda looking forward to see how bad it can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,290 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Why not try out a new host completely in this spot? As far as I can tell, Today FM have been pretty stagnant when it comes to their hosts, so could it not be an opportunity for different hosts to get a shot? Maybe one person each day. Sure it would be disjointed, but would be good learning experience for the hosts and the change would be interesting

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

dulpit wrote: »
    Why not try out a new host completely in this spot? As far as I can tell, Today FM have been pretty stagnant when it comes to their hosts, so could it not be an opportunity for different hosts to get a shot? Maybe one person each day. Sure it would be disjointed, but would be good learning experience for the hosts and the change would be interesting

I'd like to see Louise Duffy get a chance at that slot. And I'm pretty sure they have a few other female hosts on their books that don't really get much of a run out, (I think I heard a presenter from Spin on one bank holiday).

Would be great if they blooded some female talent, seeing as it's really lacking on their current schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Would be great if they blooded some female talent, seeing as it's really lacking on their current schedule.

Mairead Farrell?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    Mairead Farrell?

I said...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Louise Duffy might be busy with Paul Galvin seeing as Kerry are out of the championship!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

pwurple wrote: »
    Lelantos wrote: »
    He said it was in the car, he was driving, its neither pointless nor lazy, read the post next time.

"She" was in the car, but not driving, strapping a child in. Read the post next time.
    No mention of you being female in the post or that you were strapping a child in. Better read your own posts once in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

No mention of you being female in the post or that you were strapping a child in. Better read your own posts once in a while.

Did I say I was driving? You can't make a bunch of wrong assumptions and then tell someone else to read the post.

Did I say I was driving? You can't make a bunch of wrong assumptions and then tell someone else to read the post.
    I never said you were driving, I made no assumptions, but it seems you want to complain, perhaps ring Ray, he may give you a hearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Lippy C

I can't belive I have few days off work and its Mairead in the seat. I don't actually know which is worse her or Darcy. I have switched stations in mornings as everything he does seems to annoy me as stated in previous hundred pages. I love it when Anton Savage is standing in for people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

I enjoyed that show it was nice and relaxed and yay Will is back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Have to say, I thought she did pretty well.

I never said you were driving, I made no assumptions, but it seems you want to complain, perhaps ring Ray, he may give you a hearing.

Um.... yes you did.
    He said it was in the car, he was driving, its neither pointless nor lazy, read the post next time.

From the snippets I heard this morning, Mairead did a lot better than I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

From the snippets I heard this morning, Mairead did a lot better than I expected.

I only heard bits of it myself but she was certainly better (and more professional) than D'arcy.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Um.... yes you did.
    That was in reply to someone else, my original post didnt mention anything about driving.
    Instead of arguing the toss, did you follow my suggestion about the complaint?

• Advertisement

Yes, it was to someone else, but it was about me. :rolleyes:

Anyway, to set your worried mind at ease, yes I complained, weeks ago, the day I heard it. To the broadcasting authority as suggested here, and an email to the darcy show and the station manager.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement