Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

LIstening to him interviewing Amy Winehouse's father, as usual its very little questions but lots of incorrect statements.

D'arcy "she wrote her first song when she was seven" Mr Winehouse "no".

Then the constant "If that was my daughter" or " if my child was in that situation ".

His research of the topic of his interviews is always very poor and the way he always tries to make himself and his family the subject in question is very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

He mentioned several times that he read the book so there was no excuse for the mistakes. Her father sounded seriously offended when Ray said that Amy was drifting away from him.

He mentioned several times that he read the book so there was no excuse for the mistakes. Her father sounded seriously offended when Ray said that Amy was drifting away from him.

Absolutely, I found myself saying FFS aloud when that happened.

It's shocking I really think they should let Will do the interviews, at the very least they'd be researched and coherent unlike Ray where every second word is aaaah or uhmm.

He's incapable of doing a basic interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Was it not true?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Lelantos wrote: »
    Was it not true?
    Not according to Amy's father.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Horse84

I'm just wondering was he always this poor at interviews, I've only been listening to the show the last 3 off years and I can't say I ever took much notice of it before.

Nowadays though it's pretty much every interview, I'm noticing the unprofessionalism and just the lack of prep work done beforehand. I was thinking the exact same as you guys about the way he was conducting the interview today with Amy winehouse's dad. During the week he had Conor mortimer's partner on and he just didn't know that he wasn't playing inter county football anymore.

Maybe I'm just picking up on it more now, from reading on here all the time lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Every time i tune in that fecking song, Little Talks - of monsters and men, is playing... :mad:

Access wrote: »
    Every time i tune in that fecking song, Little Talks - of monsters and men, is playing... :mad:

Jesus Christ yeah youre right!! Same as every band Ray thinks are great, he over kills it for a year .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Access wrote: »

Jesus Christ yeah youre right!! Same as every band Ray thinks are great, he over kills it for a year .
    have to say, maireads music selection was a 100times better than rays. first day back and he's back playing the same **** over and over again. was working on site last year about this time and specifically remember his interview with Amys father, so its not like he had to re-research her background. this years interview was a disgrace! the show is on a constant loop when ray is in, same thing every few weeks. he should give Will more airtime and stop turning off his Mic like a little dictator. would be great to have anton savage with Will as an alternative!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Yeah, when he turns of Will's microphone I cringe. Very bad form, doesn't matter what Will was going to say, stop being a little dictator and let the man speak. It's ok for you to ramble on and make little innuendoes, but not Will? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Gunner5

Don't like to be writing anyone off but D'arcy's discussion with Conor Pope about schoolbooks.ie on last Monday's show was so irritating:mad:.

Clearly not interested in the topic, with the usual constant “yeah, yeah”. To me it was obvious he felt bored and annoyed me as I actually wanted to listen to what he was saying.

Then when Conor was explaining about book loan scheme, he sighed and yawned and said “oh,oh I know what you mean,I’m going back on holidays, I don’t want to hear this”

Maybe some of his listeners actually did!?:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Gunner5 wrote: »
    Don't like to be writing anyone off but D'arcy's discussion with Conor Pope about schoolbooks.ie on last Monday's show was so irritating:mad:.

Clearly not interested in the topic, with the usual constant “yeah, yeah”. To me it was obvious he felt bored and annoyed me as I actually wanted to listen to what he was saying.

Then when Conor was explaining about book loan scheme, he sighed and yawned and said “oh,oh I know what you mean,I’m going back on holidays, I don’t want to hear this”

Maybe some of his listeners actually did!?:mad:
    A man with the sort of money he has doesn't need to worry about borrowing schoolbooks (as much as he likes to play the 'common man', he's a millionaire).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

D'arcy is this morning announcing the fact that his 'interviews' are available as podcasts...

I'm wondering is his attempt to interview Seinfield podcasted ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Back from a week off today feeling completely rejunvenated.

An hour of Darcy and I'm already getting sick of my weekday mornings...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Thought I'd tune in for a while this morning, haven't listened in ages, but the texts he read still seem to have the same composition.

E.g. that text there he just read, "I'm here feeding my seven week old baby...."

This coupled with the usual, "I'm here dancing with my two year old in the kitchen / I'm here crying my eyes out listening to that interview...", a certain pattern develops.

If I text in, "I'm here tearing my hair out listening to your awful interview technique...", do you think he'd read it out?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I thought his interview with that Aisling Bea (or O'Sullivan, whatever) was quite entertaining. Was laughing when she was on about having gone out with D'Arcy for two years. :pac:

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I thought his interview with that Aisling Bea (or O'Sullivan, whatever) was quite entertaining. Was laughing when she was on about having gone out with D'Arcy for two years. :pac:

That was very funny in fairness. I'd never heard of her, might have a look on YouTube for some vids later.

my friend wrote: »
    D'arcy is this morning announcing the fact that his 'interviews' are available as podcasts...

I'm wondering is his attempt to interview Seinfield podcasted ...

I would hope its archived somewhere for media broadcast students as an example of what not to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

I would hope its archived somewhere for media broadcast students as an example of what not to do.

That was all Seinfeld's fault apparently. D'arcy was totally blameless that day.

"I'm a 5 foot 2 man, bald, have two kids and me mudder loves ya....." :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 5 toenaildave

hi im new on here and im looking to know how i can start a thread this site is headwrecking lol

• Advertisement

hi im new on here and im looking to know how i can start a thread this site is headwrecking lol

On the radio section? Go HERE and click on "New Thread" on the top left hand side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 toenaildave

el diablo wrote: »
    On the radio section? Go HERE and click on "New Thread" on the top left hand side.
    Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

They're doing another singles event thing... :mad::mad::mad:

dulpit wrote: »
    They're doing another singles event thing... :mad::mad::mad:

snipped by Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Someone call the cops. There's an interview about to be murdered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

"we also have a problem with your accent too Rafa"

FFS, English is his second language. Let us hear your Spanish Ray.

"we also have a problem with your accent too Rafa"

FFS, English is his second language. Let us hear your Spanish Ray.

Rafa Nadal or Rafa Benitez or ...?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Probably Benitez. I think he has some show on in Dublin soon about Being Rafa.

It was Rafa Benitez. I couldn't believe it when Ray started reading nice texts at the start of the interview and read one out from a Man United fan which basically intimated that Rafa left Liverpool in a bad state, and thanked him for it. What a weird way to start the interview!! I'll assume Ray let that slip through the net as he didn't fully understand it until he read it out and his knowledge of soccer wouldn't be the best.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Jason Todd wrote: »
    It was Rafa Benitez. I couldn't believe it when Ray started reading nice texts at the start of the interview and read one out from a Man United fan which basically intimated that Rafa left Liverpool in a bad state, and thanked him for it. What a weird way to start the interview!! I'll assume Ray let that slip through the net as he didn't fully understand it until he read it out and his knowledge of soccer wouldn't be the best.
    Benitez did leave Liverpool in a poorer state than when he came, winning the CL can't hide that fact. He inherited a good squad & then proceeded to buy a lot of dross, outside of Alonso, Reina, Kuyt, Agger, Torres & Mascherano. Ray reading the text was spot on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement