Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jimmy Saville exposed

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

Just saw this paragraph:

Jesus christ.

Another rumour abounds about him spending time in the morgues of hospitals he supported with his fund raising

again, a rumour

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Hootanany wrote: »
    Google Dunblane cover up :cool:

http://www.tpuc.org/node/34

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Hootanany wrote: »
    Google Dunblane cover up :cool:
    Biggins wrote: »

Reads like something from Indymedia tbh.

Certainly Steve Morgan, under his guise of Dick Shaver & the Hollow Earth Insiders,who has given us a list of transgressors in this field, believes we are ruled by a private club of perverts and rapists, he names and describes the personal perversities of some of them and in no particular order they are:-
    Lord Graville Jenner (Labour Peer) - Young boys.
    Lord Gerald Kaufman (Labour Peer) - Young boys under 12.
    Lord Leon Britton (Conservative Peer) _ Raping young boys.
    Gordon Brown (British Prime Minister) – Young boys and girls
    Anthony Charles Lynton Blair (Former British Prime Minister) – Importuning in public toilets
    Edward Heath (Former Conservative British Prime Minister) – Young boys
    Lord Robertson (Former head of NATO and Labour Cabinet Minister) – Young boys
    Lord Hardy (Former Lord Advocate of Scotland) – Young boys
    Lord McAlpine (Conservative Lord) – Young boys
    Michael Portillo (Former Conservative MP) – Children and adults especially Peter Lilley
    Peter Lilley (Conservative MP) – Young children and adults especially Michael Portillo
    Sir Jimmy Saville (Entertainer and Disc Jockey) – Supplying young children and adults for the above"

http://griffinwatch-nwn.blogspot.ie/2012/04/dunblane-another-establishment.html

http://eyreinternational.wordpress.com/2012/02/16/prolific-paedophilia-activity-exists-in-this-country/

Usually Guido is spot on with his stuff!

Did the BBC Fix It For Jim?

http://order-order.com/2012/02/09/did-the-bbc-fix-it-for-jim-awkward-questions-for-director-general-mark-thompson/
    Guido got wind of this yesterday, but this week’s Oldie magazine is out, and has more details about a possible BBC cover up after Newsnight unearthed allegations of child abuse by Jimmy Savile on BBC property. The report was spiked, leaving a host of unanswered questions:

“The Newsnight investigation uncovered information of which Surrey Police was not aware, and moreover allegations were made about living people. Surely the BBC had a duty to inform the police about these disclosures? Yet there is no indication that it has done so, and the BBC has refused to answer questions about this. Furthermore, given that Savile was on the BBC’s payroll for more than 25 years, and along with the other celebrities who are still alive, is alleged to have abused minors on BBC premises, shouldn’t the Corporation have launched an in-house inquiry?

When asked if BBC Director-General Mark Thompson knew of the Newsnight report, the BBC refused to comment. But a source has told me that Thompson was tackled about the axing of the report at a pre-Christmas drinks party, so he cannot claim to be ignorant of it.”

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I really wish people wouldn't post links to sites that Run to da Hills has bookmarked!

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

The man raised tens of millions of pounds for charity,helped thousands of people and lead an extraordinary life.
    He hasn't a chance to defend himself from the grave and I think people should thread carefully out of respect for this fact as we have no evidence to the contrary just hearsay from a journalist.

Sappa wrote: »
    The man raised tens of millions of pounds for charity,helped thousands of people and lead an extraordinary life.
    He hasn't a chance to defend himself from the grave and I think people should thread carefully out of respect for this fact as we have no evidence to the contrary just hearsay from a journalist.

So what that he raised tens of millions??? Would that obsolve him of the wrong doings being put out now??? No smoke without fire, and my god there is a lot of fire!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Jimmy Saville ate my hamster.

Jimmy Saville ate my hamster.

I'm so sorry to hear that. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Birdnuts wrote: »
    I'm upset by this and hope its untrue - my cousin was on Jim will fix it!! in the 80's and TOTP's never had a better presenter IMO. He is also considered to be the first ever DJ
    I'm sure the Nolans disagree

3:25 in
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JygLGzNhiD8&feature=player_detailpage#t=204s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Pantsface wrote: »
    No smoke without fire, and my god there is a lot of fire!

Okay, let's not go nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Sappa wrote: »
    The man raised tens of millions of pounds for charity

Oh ho.

Sounds like he was trying to compensate for something...................

later12 wrote: »
    Oh ho.

Sounds like he was trying to compensate for something...................

You don't say...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Jim'll fiddle it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Jimoslimos wrote: »

Thats actually horrible to watch.

An old man publicly mauls a young girl, and this was never commented on at the time?

Also I don't think its appropriate to reprint lists of ALLEGED transgressors. Posting lists of names and apparent crimes with no evidence or convictions is incredibly damaging to peoples reputations if untrue.

We're already had someone make the infamous ''No smoke without fire'' blanket judgement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

There was a fake Have I Got News For You transcript (from an out take, supposedly) doing the rounds for a while.

Fooled a lot of fence sitters, that one.

Saville was no angel, of that there is no doubt-but it would be typical of the usually classy ITV to wait until the man's anniversary to push out a cowardly missive on his life.

If this were real journalism, they'd have done it while he was still around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Giselle wrote: »
    Thats actually horrible to watch.

An old man publicly mauls a young girl, and this was never commented on at the time?

Also I don't think its appropriate to reprint lists of ALLEGED transgressors. Posting lists of names and apparent crimes with no evidence or convictions is incredibly damaging to peoples reputations if untrue.

We're already had someone make the infamous ''No smoke without fire'' blanket judgement.

This is quite fcuked up too :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84u9WnylT60

Not so clever herself! (wiki)
    (Coleen) Nolan has gained media attention at times for controversial statements and opinions. In 2005, on Loose Women she claimed that if her 16 year old son passed his exams then she would pay for him to go on a sex trip to Amsterdam and that she had given her fiancé Ray Fensome permission to have a one-night stand during the proposed trip. She was criticised by Shane Richie, who said he was "disgusted and appalled" by her comments about their son, and that he hoped and assumed "it was said in total jest. I can assure everyone that having passed his GCSEs fingers crossed Shane Jr will not be going to Amsterdam". English doctor and author Miriam Stoppard said of Nolan's comments, "the world's gone insane" and claimed that Nolan seemed to be shirking her responsibilities to deliver sex education. However, Nolan defended her comments saying that she had told her son that she would pay for a long weekend for him anywhere in the world and that he had mentioned how he and his mates had "always wanted to go to Amsterdam to see the red light district. If he planned to go on a trip to Ibiza everybody would have thought that was fine, even though he would probably have unprotected sex with lots of girls."[18][25] In the News of the World newspaper she said, "In an ideal world I'd never condone my son sleeping with hookers, but it's a fact of life that boys of his age have casual sex. So if I'm pushed, I'd rather he does it somewhere well-policed and where the girls have health checks than behind the wall of a club in Ibiza with absolutely no safeguards." And added about her comments about Fensome, "In all honesty, I couldn't care less [if he does]. What bothers me more is the thought of Ray going into a bar, chatting up a really stunning girl, having sex with her, spending the night and waking up with her the next morning. I couldn't cope with that."[26]

• Advertisement

Giselle wrote: »

Very true. ITV are doing the former, when they should have done the latter, oh, anytime in the last thirty years or so?

Given the amount of stories going around about Ole Jingle Jangle Jewellery, they'd have found plenty of people willing to come forward, I'm sure. And I'd imagine an oafish and semi-aggressive handling of a Nolan on camera would have been the least of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

the man was an eccentric with long blonde hair who lived alone with his mother till she died and he never married

...hence idle gossip starts which then over the years turn into nasty rumours

i personally don't believe any of it...why didn't his "victims" speak out when he was alive why wait till now when he can't defend himself

mike65 wrote: »
    Not so clever herself! (wiki)

A fourteen year old girl was felt up by a man in his fifties on television and then her character is subsequently questioned. I do wonder if this is an example of that victim blaming thing I've heard about.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

fryup wrote: »
    the man was an eccentric with long blonde hair who lived alone with his mother till she died and he never married

...hence idle gossip starts which then over the years turn into nasty rumours

i personally don't believe any of it...why didn't his "victims" speak out when he was alive why wait till now when he can't defend himself

Yeah, I'd tend to go along with this. Although I'd wait to hear more evidence before dismissing it entirely. So far this entire thread has been "look how weird he was, he must have been a pedophile!" and links to sites that likely have Jim Corr's stamp of approval all over them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Hadn't seen that before.
    Quite nauseating that he got away with that on a TV show that had a huge audience.

A fourteen year old girl was felt up by a man in his fifties on television and then her character is subsequently questioned. I do wonder if this is an example of that victim blaming thing I've heard about.

or dead man never publicly accused when alive and not actually accused of anything yet when dead. But we're talking about it.

To be fair, I don't think Mike was doing that. The footage speaks for itself. I do think he was making the point that she could have done something about it at the time, but didn't. It was prime time TV, and went unremarked upon at the time-which goes to show that we have come on a bit since then.

Obviously nothing happened backstage in her case or it would have come out. Bear in mind, this was recorded a couple of years ago, when Saville was very much alive and dry cleaning The Duchess' dresses on an annual basis.

Like I say, I'm a realist. Colleen Nolan is as daft as a box of frogs, and Saville was a very questionable character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

fryup wrote: »

Well its two different things.

Lots of victims of sexual crimes never utter their attackers name until after they're dead. Some people are literally so traumatised that they believe they'll come after them if they say anything.

If a person is attacked as a child, often they're kept quiet with the ''who's going to believe you anyway?'' type manipulation, and I can imagine a celebrity would be able to wield more sway with they ''who would they believe, you or me?'' type line.

I'm not saying this is the case, but its not that case either that people who come forward after the death of the alleged abuser are always liars.

In fact assuming accusers are liars is every bit as wrong in my eyes, as assuming all those accused are automatically guilty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Morlar wrote: »
    Wasn't he a colleague of Jonathan King too ? That's at least two bbc primetime (1970's & 1980's era) personalities involved in abuse of children.

At the time of Jonathan Kings imprisonment the Metropolitan Police made no secret of the fact that he was part of a gang of 4 '' high profile '' music industry types who were involved , lack of evidence meant only King was prosecuted.
    A friend of mine in The Met named the others to me - one was Jimmy Saville , one was a producer whose name I can't remember and the third was........... ( still alive so can't say )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

This should be huge, considering the names involved, especially those mentioned in Biggins's posts. I wonder will it be, or will it be buried. I have a fairly jaundiced view of the Judiciary as well in this regard, so maybe it will all just "go away". Bigger issues have been swept under the carpet, so supressing/discrediting this should be no biggie.

Advertisement