Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jimmy Saville exposed

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Dirty auld git

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭lecker Hendl

Here's a link to the fake transcript from Have I Got News For You. However, some of it did happen
    http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/rogerb/jokes/HIGNFY.txt

Go to about 9 min 35 seconds and he does say he's feared in every girls school
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xrk76a_hignfy-s17e07-jimmy-savile-diane-abbott_fun

that is all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭666irishguy

I remember seeing that Louis Theroux documentary and thinking something is not quite right, he came across as more than eccentric, more like totally nuts and weird to honest. I wonder now considering how he was living, was he actually stone broke from having to spend money to silence accusers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I remember watching a documentary a few years ago about Jonathon King who was convicted in 2001 of sexually abusing young boys. King claims that Jimmy Saville was his closest friend.He made several references to him during the documentary. According to the Independent link below, Jonathan King is also a former friend and colleague of the hardcore predatory paedophile Chris Denning.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/jonathan-king-the-only-apology-i-have-is-to-say-that-i-was-good-at-seduction-7658249.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2000/nov/24/6
    Quite a few connections to paedophilia in that circle of friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Documentary from his victims is also going to released. Pity the dirty old bastard is not around to face the rap, assuming of course that he is guilty..:pac:
    As dead men can't defend themselves, I question why his victims waited until now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Here's a link to the fake transcript from Have I Got News For You. However, some of it did happen

:eek: They kept that quite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

the_syco wrote: »
    As dead men can't defend themselves, I question why his victims waited until now?

I take it you've never suffered sexual abuse then?

I don't think you can really comment on when victims of abuse decide to come forward. It's a very hard thing to do.

I'm not saying Jimmy Saville is guilty or not, I don't have all the evidence. But he does sound like some piece of work. I'd be inclined to believe the alleged reports from victims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

the media waited til now
    its just a true story at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Hootanany wrote: »

:eek: They kept that quite

I remember seeing that 'live' well the part about school girls fearing him.... i just assumed he was implying he could only beat up girls... :D how innocent am I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

the_syco wrote: »

This was asked before.

Giselle wrote: »
    Well its two different things.

Lots of victims of sexual crimes never utter their attackers name until after they're dead. Some people are literally so traumatised that they believe they'll come after them if they say anything.

If a person is attacked as a child, often they're kept quiet with the ''who's going to believe you anyway?'' type manipulation, and I can imagine a celebrity would be able to wield more sway with they ''who would they believe, you or me?'' type line.

I'm not saying this is the case, but its not that case either that people who come forward after the death of the alleged abuser are always liars.

In fact assuming accusers are liars is every bit as wrong in my eyes, as assuming all those accused are automatically guilty.

• Advertisement

Why the victims kept quite until now....who knows but why did the likes of Ester Ranson only speak out now??

The bbc the original 'old boys' club - if true they should be ashamed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

T-K-O wrote: »
    Why the victims kept quite until now....who knows but why did the likes of Ester Ranson only speak out now??

Isn't Esther Rantzen ambassador for Childline. She must truly be questioning her actions now.

Isn't Esther Rantzen ambassador for Childline. She must truly be questioning her actions now.

I'm not quite sure but it fits her profile (well her old profile)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2210830/Euromillions-jackpot-winner-work-despite-148m-fortune.html

I'm actually sick of hearing about things like this at this stage. I want to live in a world where this doesn't happen!. It's not a nice world the way it is - and we should all have a look at how things could change,and try and address them.

I know you can say - what can one person do - but we all live in this world - and when we all start to say that this world is not acceptable the way it is change will start to happen.

I'm actually sick of hearing about things like this at this stage. I want to live in a world where this doesn't happen!. It's not a nice world the way it is - and we should all have a look at how things could change,and try and address them.

I know you can say - what can one person do - but we all live in this world - and when we all start to say that this world is not acceptable the way it is change will start to happen.

I totally agree with you. We live in a horrible world with a lot of disgusting people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 558 ✭✭✭OurLadyofKnock

Rod Hull's last words: "fly you bastard fly!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 558 ✭✭✭OurLadyofKnock

I totally agree with you. We live in a horrible world with a lot of disgusting people.

Money power can cover all your sins. It's only the poor and the middle classes who get locked up.

Money power can cover all your sins. It's only the poor and the middle classes who get locked up.

I was in the lift in my apt block last week and my neighbour got into the lift with his toddler. Unknowing to me and until my girlfriend said it to me the kid was starring at me. I just said hello to the kid -

I know lots of blokes who would be uncomfortable in a situation like that, why because we live in a horrible cynical world

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Don't forget about the Vat. The young boys for old boys club.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Frankie Boyle's comment made me laugh

"The BBC made him wear all that jewellery so the kids could hear him coming , bit like putting a bell on a cat"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

just how widespread is child abuse ! ?

seems to be cover ups on a huge scale in all aspects of life, in every class.

sick disgusting animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

barone wrote: »
    just how widespread is child abuse ! ?

seems to be cover ups on a huge scale in all aspects of life, in every class.

sick disgusting animals.

how many children are there, how many can be abused by a quite small number of adults? The Church based scandals show how this works.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I just noticed ...
    Jimmy's A Vile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I just noticed ...
    Jimmy's A Vile
    ex-p.....

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I just noticed ...
    Jimmy's A Vile

A Villa fan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Hootanany wrote: »
    A Villa fan

Kick the man when he's dead and can't rebut your foul claims eh? :rolleyes:

Surely Leeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

That's some world view, must be tough living there.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    That's some world view, must be tough living there.

No point in saying it's not what it is. Hopefully things will be better in the future. The question is: how to stop sex offenders?

Obviously not enough being done in this area at the mo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Witchie wrote: »
    Seems it is all coming out in the papers tomorrow:

the mail

The Star

The Mirror

The Guardian
    The Mail wrote:
    Wearing a shell suit so that he could easily pull down the elastic trousers to assault his victims.

Was hard not to read that in the voice of Chris Morris from Brass Eye.

Advertisement