Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Fantasy Football Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

dahat wrote: »
    Ashley Cole or Invanovic,cannot make up my mind...........both same price

Also 17.4 % have Bale but only 4.6% have VDV and he is .5 cheaper,puzzles me

i've gone for ivanovic. looked much better towards the end of last season and is hitting his prime. should be nailed on for RB slot. cole is past his peak imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

cole for me he is still be best full back in world

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

how do you know who rotates home and away with each other?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

carlcon wrote: »
    I have Begovic down as my best 4.5m prospect. Trying to find a rotation partner for the same price isn't easy though. I guess Jaaskelainen is there, and a lot have gone for Federici, it seems.

I'm considering going the extra 0.5 for Schwarzer though.

And that's if I don't go for de Gea to play every game.

Bloody hard to pick! :confused::P

I'm going with Robert Green at QPR. He's a decent 'keeper and Hughes will shore up that defence. I think Green could be a bargain.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Junior Hoilett is in.

6.5, and is a midfielder.

hmmm.

Very good value. He's a top player and I'm surprised Spurs or Arsenal weren't after him.

That said, I still think Walters and Pienaar are two top midfielders at 6.5 million so I'm sticking with those. Hoilett is on my radar though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,145 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Lemlin wrote: »
    That said, I still think Walters and Pienaar are two top midfielders at 6.5 million so I'm sticking with those. Hoilett is on my radar though.

Pienaar is in my team at the moment, but Hoilett is very tempting.

decent starting fixtures too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Maloney or Noble?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Maloney or Noble?

I have both, along with Silva, Hazard and Hoilett in midfield.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Pienaar is in my team at the moment, but Hoilett is very tempting.

decent starting fixtures too.

I want to wait and see how Hughes deploys him. I'm surprised he went to play under Hughes again tbh.

It was Allardyce and moreso Kean that gave Hoilett his chance at Blackburn.

keano_afc wrote: »
    I have both, along with Silva, Hazard and Hoilett in midfield.

At the minute I have Walters, Maloney, Hazard, Bale and Frei. Could downgrade Walters to Noble I suppose

Anyone know for sure who will take free kicks and pens for both Wigan and West Ham?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Fritzl Funderland

Noble is West ham's peno taker

Noble is West ham's peno taker

Thanks

Should I go with Tevez or Aguero? Currently have Aguero but my bench isnt great; Frei, Maloney and Clyne so thinking of going with Tevez and upgrading 1 or maybe 2 of those

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Will Stephen Kelly still get his game for Fulham? He seemed to do well last season but they have a new guy now called Riether who seems to be a right back and is more expensive than Kelly.

Will Carlos Cuellar be first choice for Sunderland?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

dahat wrote: »
    Ashley Cole or Invanovic,cannot make up my mind...........both same price

Ivanovic is first choice RB at the moment but I wouldn't be surprised if another RB came in.

Cole could be rotated more than previous years in the coming season, with Bertrand there to steal some starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Does anyone have any news or know how likely the Pienaar transfer is to go through, great value but only if he goes to Everton! Cant see him starting all that much at spurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Does anyone have any news or know how likely the Pienaar transfer is to go through, great value but only if he goes to Everton! Cant see him starting all that much at spurs!

Likely I would say. With Tim Cahill leaving that will free up wages which can be used on Pienaar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

He is going through a medical at Everton at the moment. I'd be very very surprised if the move isn't completed. Although you'd never know.... he could fail his medical :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

FatRat wrote: »

He is going through a medical at Everton at the moment. I'd be very very surprised if the move isn't completed. Although you'd never know.... he could fail his medical :pac:

I'd be very surprised if the deal didn't go through. Though the Everton chairman is notoriously stingy :p have him in my team anyway, though will be on the bench for gw1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

FatRat wrote: »
    I was looking up the Hammers new defender (even though is says he plays for Wigan on wikipedia) Ivan Ramis and found this:

biosww.png

I'll probably put him in my team with that type of goalscoring record. Hopefully he's only 4 million.

According to the stats there he played one game in 2012 yet managed to score 324 goals. Some achievement... ROFL

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

With Spain out of the Olympics and their players returning home early, De Gea and Mata will both look tempting for those that were worried they would miss the first gameweek or two due to being rested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 jcunning

Will you have de Gea or Mata in your team for Gameweek 1, Paully D?
    I'm interested in both but I'm still not convinced they will go straight into their respective teams.

Trying to read between the lines from the Chelsea manager's quotes:
    Di Matteo admitted Mata would have to be carefully managed when he does finally integrate back with the Chelsea squad.
    He said: "We will have to see with Mata, because he was at the Euro champs as well.
    It depends when then go out of the competition and how he feels physically and mentally."

With Hazard getting some pre-season game time and looking more comfortable when moved from the wing to the centre, I think Mata's a rotation risk for the double-gameweek. I'm sure he'll play one of the games but there won't be a wildcard for me to use in week 2 last season!

de Gea should play but you never know with Fergie.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Will be interesting to see what price Santi Cazorla gets at Arsenal if they deal goes through

To go with Yaya Toure at £8.0m or someone else at £6.5m and strengthen elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Paully D wrote: »
    To go with Yaya Toure at £8.0m or someone else at £6.5m and strengthen elsewhere?

Go for someone else. I don't think he'll get enough goals/assists to warrant his price.

Go for someone else. I don't think he'll get enough goals/assists to warrant his price.

Cheers, I was thinking the same.

Now to try and establish who out of Kaboul or Dawson will partner Verthongen in the centre of the Spurs defence :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Paully D wrote: »
    Cheers, I was thinking the same.

Now to try and establish who out of Kaboul or Dawson will partner Verthongen in the centre of the Spurs defence :pac:

I would think Kaboul, but could be wrong. He'll suit AVB's high line a lot more than Dawson and had quite a good year last season also.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Knex. wrote: »
    I would think Kaboul, but could be wrong. He'll suit AVB's high line a lot more than Dawson and had quite a good year last season also.

Dawson has reportedly been made captain, so id prob sway towards him

Dawson has reportedly been made captain, so id prob sway towards him

Where did you get this from??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

is lampard a starter for chelsea these days? same with nani for utd? are they likely to start the season as first choice?

• Advertisement

Nozebleed wrote: »
    is lampard a starter for chelsea these days? same with nani for utd? are they likely to start the season as first choice?

I wouldnt think Lampard is a guaranteed start anyway, Chelsea have so many attacking midfield options now its hard tho know who will start (im banking on Hazard)! Same goes for Utd. with Nani/Valencia/Young/Kagawa now theres so much chance of rotation its going to make it hard for fantasy managers to choose right every week!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement