Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Fantasy Football Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I was thinking that myself, his form dipped in the second half of the season but he seemed to come to life again at the very end and then he played very well in the euros, i reckon hes always worth a punt! decisions, decisions:rolleyes:

I think he got injured sometime after Christmas and he didn't have a chance to rest it. He's definitely worth a punt as long as he's playing well. A few people hung onto him a week or two too long last year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Who are ppl feeling towards there 4th and 5th choice midfielders?
    I'm happy enough so far with my main 3,think of bringing nolan as my 4th but kinda stumped on my 5th

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

Why hasnt Michu from Swansea been added yet ??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭dahat

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I'm happy enough so far with my main 3,think of bringing nolan as my 4th but kinda stumped on my 5th

Noble for me,peno taker which swung it.
    Frei of Fulham if he gets games could be a real bargain though well flagged up on various threads.
    Fellani at 6.0 could look very cheap if he continues where he left off last year,more forward and now with Cahaill gone that is quite possible

will1977 wrote: »
    Why hasnt Michu from Swansea been added yet ??

ssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh...............;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

dahat wrote: »
    Frei of Fulham if he gets games could be a real bargain though well flagged up on various threads.
    Fellani at 6.0 could look very cheap if he continues where he left off last year,more forward and now with Cahaill gone that is quite possible

Ya I was between noble and nolan might switch again.
    Frei is worth keeoing an eye on alright and kept away from fellani on the presumption of the peniaar deal going through

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

dahat wrote: »
    PerrinV2 wrote: »

i don't think Noble is guaranteed peno taker. i think Nolan took most last year, and Vaz Te a few too, but Noble has taken a few lately, so you never know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

jack rodwell anyone?

box-to-box player and is fully fit now!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Is the gameweek fixtures right? We'll have a double gameweek in week 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Shane732 wrote: »

Yes, because of Chelsea's involvement in the Super Cup.

• Advertisement

Shane732 wrote: »

Yes. It's an interesting one because we didn't have a DGW until after Christmas last year I don't think.

I reckon that a certain amount of people will be burnt by trying to stock up on the DGW players. They should get away with the Chelsea ones but any more than one Reading player and you're asking for trouble imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

I've taken the risk of three Reading players. I plan to sell one after GW1, leaving me with two that I can put on the bench if needs be! I think it's worth the risk!

Son0vagun wrote: »
    I've taken the risk of three Reading players. I plan to sell one after GW1, leaving me with two that I can put on the bench if needs be! I think it's worth the risk!

I wouldn't try it but best of luck. If it works out you'll be off to a great start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Yes. It's an interesting one because we didn't have a DGW until after Christmas last year I don't think.

I reckon that a certain amount of people will be burnt by trying to stock up on the DGW players. They should get away with the Chelsea ones but any more than one Reading player and you're asking for trouble imo.

Disagree. Federici in goal and Pog up front should be fine mostly. The problem might be in week 2 getting a team out

slingerz wrote: »
    Disagree. Federici in goal and Pog up front should be fine mostly. The problem might be in week 2 getting a team out

And that's the exact point that I was trying to make. Getting them for one week usually works out. It's a couple of weeks after that the problems start to appear.

If you get 5 DGW players then in week 3 you'll only be able to field 9/10 players. You'll score big for the first week but you'll be lucky to get 40 points in week 3. It's not worth it in my opinion. I'm of course hoping that everyone does it so that they will encounter this problem.

The most overused cliché on here is that it's a marathon and not a sprint. You have to look 3/4 weeks in advance when picking your team so that you aren't screwing your own chances up.

Of course you have transfers that you can make but I'd prefer to keep them for injuries/suspensions at this stage of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

How will both De Guzman and Michu fit into Swansea's team?

I know Siggy Stardust is gone, but they still have Britton and Allen in midfield and Dyer and Sinclair on the wings. That leaves room for one attacking mid.

Michu to replace Siggy and de Guzman to sit on the bench?

Ormus wrote: »
    How will both De Guzman and Michu fit into Swansea's team?

I know Siggy Stardust is gone, but they still have Britton and Allen in midfield and Dyer and Sinclair on the wings. That leaves room for one attacking mid.

Michu to replace Siggy and de Guzman to sit on the bench?

Joe Allen will be a pool player pretty soon so there is space in the midfiled,I reckon Michu will be first choice,bit pricey though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Everyone get rid of Terry he's been charged by the Fa for abusing Anton Ferdinand .

Everyone get rid of Terry he's been charged by the Fa for abusing Anton Ferdinand .
    who'd have him in their team anyway? cashley cole is where the values at if you have any chelski player!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

swoody wrote: »
    who'd have him in their team anyway? cashley cole is where the values at if you have any chelski player!

ivanovic for me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

swoody wrote: »

Nearly 10% have Terry in their team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Anyone care to HAZARD a guess to what way Chelsea will line up?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

I have hazard, but thinking i might get rid of him, just too much choice at chelsea, like Man Utd's attacking midfield/wingers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

I have hazard, but thinking i might get rid of him, just too much choice at chelsea, like Man Utd's attacking midfield/wingers!

Have Hazard and Ashley Cole myself but would like to add a third for the double gameweek, just hard to know who to pick with so many attacking players

If looking for a third, then can't go too far wrong with Torres

Have Hazard and Ashley Cole myself but would like to add a third for the double gameweek, just hard to know who to pick with so many attacking players
    on chelski tv Jason Cundy said that RDM will more then likely field two different teams for the opening games week since there so close together............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

While Pogrebnyak is the obvious cheap striker option with the DGW to start, I can't help but look at Graham too. 1m more for target man with no big opposition in the first 8 weeks.

And this is while Pog is away to Chelsea & Sunderland, misses a GW, and also has to face Spurs and Newcastle.

As it stands, I think I'm going with Graham.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

carlcon wrote: »
    While Pogrebnyak is the obvious cheap striker option with the DGW to start, I can't help but look at Graham too. 1m more for target man with no big opposition in the first 8 weeks.

And this is while Pog is away to Chelsea & Sunderland, misses a GW, and also has to face Spurs and Newcastle.

As it stands, I think I'm going with Graham.

You're probably right. I have Pog, but I don't see him playing that often for me, I only intend playing 2 strikers, so I don't think there's value in spending an extra 1m for someone that will spend most of the time on my bench.

I suppose it really depends on whether you intend playing Pog regularly.

In other news, I had intended picking De Gea, but now I notice he's in the spainish team in the olympics. I wonder will this affect whether he will start the season in United's 1st team. If not, Lindegaard could be value. All a bit up in the air though, maybe I'll go for someone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

You're probably right. I have Pog, but I don't see him playing that often for me, I only intend playing 2 strikers, so I don't think there's value in spending an extra 1m for someone that will spend most of the time on my bench.

I suppose it really depends on whether you intend playing Pog regularly.

In other news, I had intended picking De Gea, but now I notice he's in the spainish team in the olympics. I wonder will this affect whether he will start the season in United's 1st team. If not, Lindegaard could be value. All a bit up in the air though, maybe I'll go for someone else!

Formation will definitely decide whether a player is worth it or not. I think 3-4-3 is my preferred choice, so for that reason I want a cheap striker I can rely on to be a regular threat. I'm not saying Pog can't be that, I just think Graham is in a better team, and has already stamped down his place in said team. Whereas Pog is playing with new players who are significantly weaker than Swansea's wingers/playmakers, IMO. But if you're planning on having a 3rd striker as a bench player, saving the 1m is probably advisable.

As for de Gea, I just took Rafael out of my team and replaced him with de Gea (obviously not directly, but you know what I mean). As a keeper I'm sure he'll benefit from the experience, rather than be fatigued from it. That's what I'm hoping anyway.

• Advertisement

Think de gea will start, also not sure on Rafael. Good value out there for the same money. Heitinga worth a look. (bar evertons usual crap start)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement