Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Fantasy Football Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Its probably been already asked but why is there a double GW at the start? Is the super cup on a Saturday or what??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Think de gea will start, also not sure on Rafael. Good value out there for the same money. Heitinga worth a look. (bar evertons usual crap start)
    De Gea will defintely start and Rafael is prone to getting yellow cards so not great in FF terms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Its probably been already asked but why is there a double GW at the start? Is the super cup on a Saturday or what??

Super cup is on the Friday night I think . It's because of that anyway .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    De Gea will defintely start and Rafael is prone to getting yellow cards so not great in FF terms.

Rafael had 2 yellow cards last season . Hardly a lot .
    He also had 4 assists in 12 games . 6 clean sheets .

He's a pretty good for FF IMO .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Rafael had 2 yellow cards last season . Hardly a lot .
    He also had 4 assists in 12 games . 6 clean sheets .

He's a pretty good for FF IMO .
    Ah my bad, you can take my post as rubbish then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Anyone have any info on Dzeko?? Surely he can't stay at city. He really knows where the back of the net is. Would love to see him go to Spurs seeing as Ade is trying his greedy best to fcuk up his perm transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

carlcon wrote: »
    Formation will definitely decide whether a player is worth it or not. I think 3-4-3 is my preferred choice, so for that reason I want a cheap striker I can rely on to be a regular threat. I'm not saying Pog can't be that, I just think Graham is in a better team, and has already stamped down his place in said team. Whereas Pog is playing with new players who are significantly weaker than Swansea's wingers/playmakers, IMO. But if you're planning on having a 3rd striker as a bench player, saving the 1m is probably advisable.

As for de Gea, I just took Rafael out of my team and replaced him with de Gea (obviously not directly, but you know what I mean). As a keeper I'm sure he'll benefit from the experience, rather than be fatigued from it. That's what I'm hoping anyway.

Yeah, I don't think I would have Pog either if I was playing 3-4-3. I think he's in a team that will struggle against the top teams. As you say, I'm not even sure he'll do we'll in week 1!

Cool, I'll stick with DeGea so. I was considering Rafael for 5.5 also, but I think rather put an extra .5 to that, get De Gea and downgrade to a cheaper defender. I think there's good options in defenders for 4.5 and 5.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

LostBoy101 wrote: »

Good point about yellow cards (bad points about Rafael getting them often :pac: ) But good point because I've been keeping an eye on my team's yellow card intake from previous years. Two lads I'm iffy about because of yellow cards are Yaya Toure and Kevin Nolan. Both are notorious for getting yellow cards and it might only be 1 point but they do pile up in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

Any ideas on who starts upfront for So'ton?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Lambert and Sharp were their main strikers last season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Hard to say, it'll be 2 from Rodriguez, Lambert and Sharp. I'm thinking the 2 latter at the start of the season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Guys, is anyone else have issues with the FPL website? It's there but it's not displaying correctly at work. It displays perfectly at home and on the phone, just not here...anyone with some techsavvy know whats going on? It's the same with IE9 and Firefox and it's the same with all PCs here.

Pic attached...you cannot see any graphics either.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I'm using Chrome and it's working perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

All ok at work today on Firefox...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I'm going to bring in Tevez for augero for the opening GW. Now that things seem to be patched up with Mancini I reckon he'll start Tevez, he's too good a player to have on the bench. He's a lot better than balotelli and dzeko and IMO has an edge over augero.

I'm saving 2.5 million that I can pump into the rest of my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,086 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Junior Hoilett is in.

6.5, and is a midfielder.

hmmm.

Tevez starts and scores , so does augero.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

I think I'm going to try stick to my formula from last season since it worked pretty well. What do you guys think of this:

GKs: 2 cheap keepers with alternating home/away games.

Def: 2 top, reliable, fairly priced defenders that you'll play home or away. 3 cheap bargains that will play every week for their teams, so can be swapped about depending on fixtures.

Mid: 3 top midfielders. 1 mid-range. 1 cheap bargain.

Fwd: 2 top strikers you can rely on throughout the season. 1 cheap striker spot that will change a lot based on fixtures.

Play 3-4-3 the majority of the time, leaving you with arguably only one "weak" player in your team every week (in defence). On rare occasions when the fixtures present an opportunity, the 3rd cheap striker can be dropped for the 5th MF. Same for dropping the average MF for a Def if, let's say, the MF is away to City and the Def is home to the bottom of the league.

That's roughly how things went for me last season, and I noticed I was at my most poor when I tried to stray away from the formula.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

I think I'm going to try stick to my formula from last season since it worked pretty well. What do you guys think of this:

Def: 2 top, reliable, fairly priced defenders that you'll play home or away. 3 cheap bargains that will play every week for their teams, so can be swapped about depending on fixtures.

Fwd: 2 top strikers you can rely on throughout the season. 1 cheap striker spot that will change a lot based on fixtures.

Play 3-4-3 the majority of the time, leaving you with arguably only one "weak" player in your team every week (in defence). On rare occasions when the fixtures present an opportunity, the 3rd cheap striker can be dropped for the 5th MF. Same for dropping the average MF for a Def if, let's say, the MF is away to City and the Def is home to the bottom of the league.

That's roughly how things went for me last season, and I noticed I was at my most poor when I tried to stray away from the formula.

That's roughly along the lines of the team
    I usually pick with 2 cheap rotating goalies but DDG this year at 6 is tempting, don't like the other Utd defensive options except Vidic, but he's a bit on the expensive side. Plus given that we don't need to spend more than 10 on any midfielder and there are nice mid price options, 6 for 1 goalie is manageable

is anyone taking a chance on podolski? if rvp leaves surely he's a nailed on starter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

is anyone taking a chance on podolski? if rvp leaves surely he's a nailed on starter.

I don't think he'll do well. I will be surprised if he manages 13 goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I was looking up the Hammers new defender (even though is says he plays for Wigan on wikipedia) Ivan Ramis and found this:

biosww.png

I'll probably put him in my team with that type of goalscoring record. Hopefully he's only 4 million.

His only game for Wigan had 36 hours stoppage time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Still haven't done out my team yet but I'll make a start this week. Torres will be in for GW1 and I'll have 2.0m in the bank to swap for Rooney in GW2. Tevez and Bent are likely to be my other two but that could change.

Other likely candidates are Staylor, Lescott, Cole, Noble and one of Walters/Peinaar/Osman. I'd like a Swansea player for their fixtures so I'll see how Michu goes in preseason.

Anyone have two 4.5m keepers who rotate well?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Wenger said yesterday that he probably won't be ready for the start of the season. + he has plenty of competition

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

According to bbc West Ham have agreed a loan fee to bring Andy Carroll to Upton Park. Confuses the striker situation there atm i have Vaz Te, they also have Cole, this new chap Maiga, and young hot-prospect Baldock. Help :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

+1
    Its a good formula,I've gone with it the last few seasons and done alright by it
    Although this season I'm tempted by de gea in goal

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    +1
    Its a good formula,I've gone with it the last few seasons and done alright by it
    Although this season I'm tempted by de gea in goal

Exactly my predicament too. With no guarenteed United defender of reasonable price, de Gea looks like the best option. I'd love to have Rafael or Jones instead, but you just can't be sure pre-season.

Ideally, the 2 top defenders from the formula will be from United and City, so I guess it could still work if you bring in de Gea, then just go for an extra cheap defender.

I could be looking at Coloccini myself, as my cheap-but-also-top defender if I pick de Gea.

Anyone have two 4.5m keepers who rotate well?

I have Begovic down as my best 4.5m prospect. Trying to find a rotation partner for the same price isn't easy though. I guess Jaaskelainen is there, and a lot have gone for Federici, it seems.

I'm considering going the extra 0.5 for Schwarzer though.

And that's if I don't go for de Gea to play every game.

Bloody hard to pick! :confused::P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ashley Cole or Invanovic,cannot make up my mind...........both same price

Also 17.4 % have Bale but only 4.6% have VDV and he is .5 cheaper,puzzles me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement