Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Things Debs/Grad related :)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

A friend of mine was telling me that she knows a fella whose debs isn't until December! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

December is just crazy. October isn't too bad but still so much will have changed in that time... Like for ve one in december, unless they've all organised their dates now they could end up bringing people they know from college etc. There'll be loads of strangers there and stuff! I dunno but I think that'd be off putting. It's kind of tradition here that the girls school matches off with the lads school and stuff because everyone knows eachother. Maybe I'm wrong though

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I won't know any of my years' dates and they won't know mine - hell, I barely talk to half my year and don't have a lot of them on Facebook...strangers won't be unusual. :P

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I won't know any of my years' dates and they won't know mine - hell, I barely talk to half my year and don't have a lot of them on Facebook...strangers won't be unusual. :P

Oh sure it'll be grand so. Maybe it's just our area. Everyone knows everything about everyone. It's crazy. I'm not really really close to loads of people from the other schools but the majority know of you you know? Our year was very close though. Regardless of a few feuds between the girls it was dead tight!

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Oh sure it'll be grand so. Maybe it's just our area. Everyone knows everything about everyone. It's crazy. I'm not really really close to loads of people from the other schools but the majority know of you you know? Our year was very close though. Regardless of a few feuds between the girls it was dead tight!
    I cant even imagine that, I hated half my year (the typical waster types, all OL and 2 FL, those kinda guys) and the other half I liked but I'd never really hang out with them a whole lot, save for a tiny handful. Most of them hadn't a clue about me as a person outside of school and thats the way I like it. :P

A nice friendly year sounds great though, but I prefer to chill with my select few :cool::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Eathrin wrote: »
    Bítches comin' my way now.
    Oh jaysus! >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Patchy~ wrote: »

I'm the exact same. I won't know 90% of the girls there and nobody but a few friends will know my date.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭brownstone

I'm going to two debs. My boyfriend's...Who lives in Clare. And mine in Limerick. I've been to one already, last year. Not my scene really... Fancy piss up! And the effort of the dress..... BLUH :P

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Champion Gold

Here lads, help me out :P Debs are the 6th. I have the girl and limo but im not sure about suit. I have jacket and trousers, they're dark grey. so do i need white shirt and a waistcoat or is waistcoat even necessary?

Here lads, help me out :P Debs are the 6th. I have the girl and limo but im not sure about suit. I have jacket and trousers, they're dark grey. so do i need white shirt and a waistcoat or is waistcoat even necessary?

Suppose you might need a shirt... Unless you want to go bare chest? :P Waistcoat isn't really necessary... Unless you want to spend money. I'd go for just a tie. Simple and classy :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Champion Gold

brownstone wrote: »
    Suppose you might need a shirt... Unless you want to go bare chest? :P Waistcoat isn't really necessary... Unless you want to spend money. I'd go for just a tie. Simple and classy :cool:

Bare chest? I don't think anyone wants me to do that XD Ok brilliant thanks :) I'll get a new shirt next week so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

I'm going to two debs. My boyfriend's...Who lives in Clare. And mine in Limerick. I've been to one already, last year. Not my scene really... Fancy piss up! And the effort of the dress..... BLUH :P

Where in Clare does your boyfriend live? I live in Clare too, small chance you could be coming to mine! :p

Bare chest? I don't think anyone wants me to do that XD Ok brilliant thanks :) I'll get a new shirt next week so

You never know, some people... :eek: Your welcome :)

Where in Clare does your boyfriend live? I live in Clare too, small chance you could be coming to mine! :p

He lives in Kilfenora... Tis the North Clare Debs I'm heading to... :P

He lives in Kilfenora... Tis the North Clare Debs I'm heading to... :P

It is a small world after all! That's my Debs!

Ahhh! Interesting, I shall PM you!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

looked at the tracking postage for my dress. it took 1 day to get from china to germany to france to dublin, and it's been stuck in kilkenny since last tuesday -_-

How much are lads spending on their suits?
    And following from that, how much are girls spending on their dresses?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Diamondsandrose

Rented one for sixty/seventy. (suit).

But then corsage is 15, flowers&chocolates 30/40. Tis expensive!

My dress was only 70 :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

My dress was €105 but it's definitely something I'll wear again!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

My dress was €140, I think.

I thought as much!
    Guys do pay more for a decent suit. If we want something for 70e its either rent or Penney's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I thought as much!
    Guys do pay more for a decent suit. If we want something for 70e its either rent or Penney's.

My Suit jacket, trousers, tie and shirt was 300e. And I still have to get shoes and a waistcoat. Looking at around 400e for the lot, and girls can get dresses for around 120e.. :(

o__O

I imagine I'll be wearing something similar to what I wore on grad...idk. I don't think it was THAT expensive.

Is it "bad" to use things I already have, like a shirt? Or even shoes? I could afford new ones or whatever but I think it's sort of stupid to buy extremely similar clothes just for the sake of it.

Could have bought a suit for €180 but because I'm still growing I said I'd hold off buying until like next summer or so...so I rented one for €85. That includes the jacket, trousers, shirt, waistcoat, cravatte and cufflinks. Not too bad in fairness. But yeah with corsage, flowers, chocolates and probably a few others things I'm forgetting it's definitely around €150 and thats not counting the money for the night itself. Yep regardless of the night that'll be in it, it's hardly worth that amount of money. We'll see though :pac:

I'm going to be looking for a suit in and around 200e. Already have shoes I got for 45 half price.
    At least it can be used again.
    I'd say I'll end up paying about €600 all in when you include tickets and there's no possible way to justify that amount of money spent!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nowhere94

my dress was 400, my mother paid for it.. I'm going to a grads aswell and that dress was 250 :-) with hair make up and tickets and everything it will be a pricey night :( not to mention the cost of the drink:O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

My suit was a bit over 150, I can't remember exactly. It's the same one I wore for my grad, sure I'd hardly buy another one! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭annettesayz

I can't find a dress cheap and suitable.. aaah, second hand one would do!! Besides done deal any other cheap sites guys??

Advertisement