Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Things Debs/Grad related :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

mines in August too. i've no date, dress or anything yet :/

the guy i want to bring and that we've been kinda seeing each other all year one of his friends got him to do swaps with him so they could just go to each others. i don't even want to go back to his i just want him to come to mine :L one of his friends kept telling me last night to ask him anyways but i can't :( ya snooze ya loose i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Same...no date, no suit or a bit. I'm gonna rent a suit. Dunno about the date though. I could ask loads but I'm pretty sure a few are going with someone else from school (one in particular who I'm really keen on). Eh our school is mixed and thats good but like theres an all girls school and an all boys school here too so theres bound to be a good few free! I'm not even looking fwd to it. Hardly anyone in our year is. Our school is hatchet though, every year people go off and get the bang off other peoples dates. Probably happens everywhere but our school is well known for it!

yeah i'm not too bothered about mine now either. grads/debs whatever ya wanna call them are so overrated, a lot of people just have crappy nights and say they'd rather have had kept the money instead of buying tickets, dress, suits or whatever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Exactly :) And it really doesn't matter who ya bring tbh. The brother just brought someone he was scoring with at the time. They were close like but by the end of that year they weren't even talking to eachother and don't talk to each other either now! And everyone gets so drunk that really the date is only for photos and just to say you brought a 'mint wan' or a 'mint lad'. I'm just probably gonna go mad in the club in the next few weeks, shift as many as I can...get close to as many as possible after and bring one :L I know I know I'm a heartless f*cker :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I have a dress which I love, fell upon it the other day in a sale so thats good.

Not a clue what I'm going to do for a date though. I know one guy who'd be great craic but tbh I don't know him very well so it'd be weird if I asked him :S. Thankfully my debs are way after everyone elses so most people will be free (I hope). :S

don't be worried about asking anyone because a lot of guys and girls are dying to go to one and would be really flattered if you ask them :D just ask before it's too late and they're going to someone elses which is what has happened me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Mine is the 9th of August, have the suit and the whole lot got, going with a girl I went to School with the last 6 years (and have been sneakily shifting on the side ;) :P) I'm looking forward to it, should be a bit of crack anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Mines on the 8th of August. Bought my dress yesterday and will be bringing the BF (It'll be almost 3 years at that stage :D). I went to his, as did a few of my friends and I think most of my friends are planning on asking the boys who asked them. Tis easier! Hope there's no drama. I spent ages at the BF's debs talking to his friend who was crying about the girl he asked:( Hoping for a better night in August!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

will be bringing the BF (It'll be almost 3 years at that stage :D).

Samesies :P

No dress yet but I'll hopefully have it sorted in the next few days, I might get it custom made online because I'm awkwardly tiny and I probably won't find one to fit otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I was so anti-debs before but it's one night and even if it's **** at least I can say I went? :D

i'm thinking of just getting a maxi dress, because i'll be more likely to wear it again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭doyler101

i've been on and off shifting a guy since last Halloween, was gonna ask him but a girl in my year asked him so they could do "swaps" on a night out when i wasn't finished the lc . . so yeah now i dunno who to ask because i'm still seeing this guy :L
    i'd be happy to bring a friend as long as they don't expect anything.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Mine was in March...

finality wrote: »
    Samesies :P

No dress yet but I'll hopefully have it sorted in the next few days, I might get it custom made online because I'm awkwardly tiny and I probably won't find one to fit otherwise.

If you're getting it online, check out where it's coming from. I had a HUGE custom charge on the dress I got for the boyfriends. €70:eek: Just thought I'd let you know:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

If you're getting it online, check out where it's coming from. I had a HUGE custom charge on the dress I got. Just thought I'd let you know:D

Yeah that's really good advice actually! I got one last year from America for my boyfriend's debs and had to pay customs and the like on it. I knew about it before I ordered so I knew what I'd be paying, but it pretty much doubled the price of the dress (it was still cheap though :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

my grad's in a few days. aah! better be a good night. :eek: !! ah no. it will be. >: D a night to remember in any case! good or bad :pac:
    i have a date but he's more of a friend than anything else :o

my dress is a maxi and sorta royal blue. :eek: never knew the colour blue suited me til i tried it on. :D it's lovely. :)
    it had those fake diamond thingies on the straps. so i got them taken off. hate diamonte. unless it's neat. there was just a bit too much for me. :P

probably won't wear the dress again. :L i'll just throw it in my wardrobe afterwards probably. :p

gonna wear platform heels, black. or maybe sandal heels... hmmm. yup. :D i'm excited now! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Bubbleope wrote: »
    probably won't wear the dress again. :L i'll just throw it in my wardrobe afterwards probably. :p

Don't forget college balls :D At our first one, I think everyone's dress was their debs dress!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

Don't forget college balls :D At our first one, I think everyone's dress was their debs dress!

i never thought of that! :eek:
    okay, i'll hang it up neatly so!! haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Had my grad a couple of nights ago. Such a brilliant night. None of the graduates, parents or teachers left the dancefloor all night, or stopped drinking. Yet no-one was in a drunken heap on the floor, everyone was just so happy. Such an unbelievable night.
    Really hope I get to wear my dress again though!
    For anyone wondering I got my dress online with no hassle.
    Postage from Asia was only 30 euro I think and came in perfect condition within only one week. :)
    A few people in my year had problems with dresses but as far as I know all them were ordered from America.

Hope everyone enjoy's their night. :)

• Advertisement

leaveiton wrote: »
    Yeah that's really good advice actually! I got one last year from America for my boyfriend's debs and had to pay customs and the like on it. I knew about it before I ordered so I knew what I'd be paying, but it pretty much doubled the price of the dress (it was still cheap though :P)

I got mine from China and there was NOTHING on their website about it. Trying to get them to deliver my dress, sort the payment AND study for tests in 6th year was NOT fun!:rolleyes: Best of luck getting your dress :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭ivanh

Mine's on the 18th of July! Not long now ;)

Have the suit, which I've gladly been able to wear to a couple of weddings and our grad so it hasn't been idle :D

Date sorted too, asked a girl I've known since primary school but only just got close too :P

I'm really looking forward to it, except it's gonna be like a four hour drive on a bus to our venue :/

Where are ye all goin'? Ours is in Vanity Nightclub in Carrickmacross, Co. Monaghan - looks like a savage place! Just far away though..

But bring it on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

I got mine from China and there was NOTHING on their website about it. Trying to get them to deliver my dress, sort the payment AND study for tests in 6th year was NOT fun!:rolleyes: Best of luck getting your dress :D

Yeah the site I got mine from just said something about possible customs charges, I had to look into it all and calculate it myself! Oh I've already got my dress for this year, well ahead of the pack! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭ivanh

Hey guys, my debs is next wednesday and this may sound stupid but I was just wondering what the sort of protcol is for the day..

As a dude, is it some sort of unwritten rule that I have to go pick her up at her house and bring into town and stuff? Or is that just for someone you're actually going out with? Because I presume her ma will want pictures and all that jazz.

But then what do I do with my car keys? :/

Like, how does it work exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

Firstly i'm sure you will have a great time :)
    I wouldn't think you were expected to, personally your not going out so i'd imagine it was casual , i would just text her and ask her want she wants to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Usually people would go to the house of whoevers debs it is. So since it your debs she would come to your house & you would maybe invite her mum & stuff to come for photos. Everyone is different though so you can do whatever you want to really but I think that would be the norm.

usually you go over to the girl's house. have the corsage and maybe chocolates for her mam or flowers or something. if your parents want they could go over too and then you can take all the photos and all that stuff. then just head to town or the hotel :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

Take some condoms :pac:

is anyone going to more than one debs getting different dresses for each one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

My friend is going to 3 including her own. She is getting 3 dresses she told me! =P

Advertisement