Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Was expecting a big delivery this morning so I made the stupid mistake of not bringing any juice with me to work :o

I am now stuck with an empty stardust and a 306 that hasn't been topped up since last night

My janty stick arrived in the post with 5 pre filled carts but the atomizer was missing for the box :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Ouch!

Any suppliers/Vapers in your work area?
    Or can anyone deliver your juice from home?

Crisis averted, phone fell off the dash earlier and when i was looking for it didn't i come across a stray bottle of menthol under the seat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

yummy menthol star dust(y)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I'm using an Ego-T since last year and have recently picked up an Ego-C kit.
    As I'm still alternating between cigs and vaping I probably havent spent as much time
    as I should keeping up to speed on developments in the vaping world.

I've ordered some eGo Vision V2 and Smoktech 510 DCT V2 parts today. Please excuse my
    ignorance, but is it just a case of filling these with juice and attaching to my
    existing ego batteries? I also have a variable ego twist battery on the way, can I use
    that with my current tanks and the new Vision and Smoketech carts?

With the ego Vision and the Smoketech, are the internal parts replaceable? I've noticed discussion around people punching holes in carts and replacing parts.

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

I've ordered some eGo Vision V2 and Smoktech 510 DCT V2 parts today. Please excuse my
    ignorance, but is it just a case of filling these with juice and attaching to my
    existing ego batteries? I also have a variable ego twist battery on the way, can I use
    that with my current tanks and the new Vision and Smoketech carts?

In a word, Yes!
    With the ego Vision and the Smoketech, are the internal parts replaceable?

eGo Vision V2 is not designed to be rebuildable, the V3 is. The V2, can be if you take it apart, and don't mind bulding your own coils from scratch. The V3 is actually designed to be rebuilt, by buying replacement parts.
    With the DCT, you just change out the cartomizer with a new one, when it dies...you can buy prepunched carto's, or regulars and punch them yourself...

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Not sure where to post this but thought it might fit in here. I came across this site recently, some of ye might know it already http://www.stevevape.com/, I think its nicely laid out and has some good reviews and vaping news section in it as well, might interest a few people here.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Yeah, came across that a few times, he has some good reviews and does good write ups of any news going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Hadn't heard about this story, were TW upset by reviews or negative posts about them??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

That story took over this thread.

He's got a grudge against UKV, ECITA and Decadent Vapours, because the lady who owns Decadent Vapours also helps run ECITA and she goes out with UKV admin.
    He sees all of this as a conspiracy of some sort where non-ECITA members are treated unfavourably or receive harsh treatment despite plenty of mod-makers, ecig shops and juice-makers on UKV not being members of ECITA either, and none of them feel bullied about it.

He took umbrage to someone asking if TW's reputation is deserved after a few sly digs in a fairly positive TW mod review thread, and people started going on about his ban-hammer regime on TW's forum and the times they received bad service.

Mr. Cropper felt this was unfair, started blathering on about slander and libel, people being sequential conformists cosying up to UKV, and that the 'Ecig on bus' scare was just the government flexing it's muscles to terrorists before the Olympics.
    Once he started with that conspiracy talk, people started calling him mad and reminding him to take his meds, etc, then he started mouthing off about aliens, the NWO, Olympic Tube bombings.
    The he asked UKV that all mentions of him and TW be deleted and disallowed from now on, and threat of legal action abound.
    UKV shut down to cover their asses in the interim, and printed off over 6000 pages of forum posts to let the police decide who libelled whom (and this doesn't paint Mr. Cropper in a good light).

Very exciting week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,754 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

grindle wrote: »
    Mr. Cropper felt this was unfair, started blathering on about slander and libel, people being sequential conformists cosying up to UKV, and that the 'Ecig on bus' scare was just the government flexing it's muscles to terrorists before the Olympics.
    Once he started with that conspiracy talk, people started calling him mad and reminding him to take his meds, etc, then he started mouthing off about aliens, the NWO, Olympic Tube bombings.

To be fair to him on that point- I'm of the opinion the police were all geared up for such an event and it was a heaven-sent opportunity to practice their new techniques and toys. Who knows, the bloke on the bus might even have been a plant, but I doubt that; just some idiot who didn't have the common courtesy to clear it with the driver or nearby passengers.
    All the other conspiracy theories are just mumbling into his beard.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

I've just read that UKVapers is gone for good in it's current form:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ukvapers.org is already up

wonder if they'll port the old posts over

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

I'll be boycotting TW after reading their solicitors letter to UKV, some petty crap there.

i've been boycotting them for years on account of their pricing. with all the alternatives i was always shocked people bought stuff from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Agreed, shipping costs were unbelievable.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Is their gear just rebranded joyetech stuff? Or is it copies? Their juice looks suspiciously like Dekang too, just @ 3 times the price.

Obviously the screwdriver and stuff is originals...

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

His stuff is original as far as I know. He said a while back that his base was sourced in Ireland...no idea where. I bought from them once when I started out and was happy but his prices, the garish branding and his obnoxious behaviour regarding UK Vapers won't have me hurrying to buy anything from him ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

Bubba9 wrote: »
    His stuff is original as far as I know. He said a while back that his base was sourced in Ireland...no idea where. I bought from them once when I started out and was happy but his prices, the garish branding and his obnoxious behaviour regarding UK Vapers won't have me hurrying to buy anything from him ever again.

Although I never purchased from them, I have been on the site a few times. Looking at the products I think that most are simply rebranded with an OEM service from manufacturers in China - not saying that this is necessarily a bad thing.

Surely if you were getting your stuff re-branded @ source it wouldn't justify such a price increase?

• Advertisement

prices are justified by whatever people will pay for them

apple_rainbow_logo.jpeg

Meh, I don't get in to those Mac vs PC debates, avid Mac user here...haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Picked up a smoktech 1.5 ohm dct 6ml to try out.
    Filed it up and stuck it on the lavatube and nowt reading 9.9A like theres no conection :confused:
    Stuck it on a ego and it worked quite well :)
    Went out to work leaveing it sitting on my counter and when i came home the juice had leaked out from the threaded/conection end down the battey and all over the counter :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Picked up a smoktech 1.5 ohm dct 6ml to try out.
    Filed it up and stuck it on the lavatube and nowt reading 9.9A like theres no conection :confused:
    Stuck it on a ego and it worked quite well :)
    Went out to work leaveing it sitting on my counter and when i came home the juice had leaked out from the threaded/conection end down the battey and all over the counter :mad:
    I'm gonna wager you popped the top of the DCT back on while it was on the LT?
    The pressure forces it through the holes/slots, and out the carto's battery-end.
    I've made the same mistake, try this method next time:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Well yes i did do that but it wasant on the LT when i did it.
    still no idea why it wont fire on the LT :confused:

Threded end seams a wee bit shorter,maybe its just not contacting the + termanal

Bargainvapour have a new toy on pre order: Link

Dont know about the rest of ye but I think it looks the business!

dont really like the position of the power button..

i guess I could see it for thumb pushing.. not really the wy I like to hold mods though, looks nice aside from that

dont really like the position of the power button..

i guess I could see it for thumb pushing.. not really the wy I like to hold mods though, looks nice aside from that

From the pictures i'd be inclined to turn it 90 degrees and use my index finger, I think :confused:

i dunno

you'd be angling your wrist funny doing it that way, it'd get tiring

• Advertisement

Might order one next payday and find out :p

On a completely different topic, I just had my first 5v vape and i'm very very impressed, I now see why the more seasoned vapers are always raving about VV mods! :D

Advertisement