Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Cienciano wrote: »
    Big time. AC/DC are one of the best bands of all time

Yer man can't even sing :L

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Yer man can't even sing :L
    Since when does being able to sing matter? Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Tom Waits, Mick Jagger, Lou Reed and Rick Astley all can't sing. But music legends

Stick with the x-factor, leave the real music to the adults :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Cienciano wrote: »
    Since when does being able to sing matter? Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Tom Waits, Mick Jagger, Lou Reed and Rick Astley all can't sing. But music legends

Stick with the x-factor, leave the real music to the adults :D

Rick Astley? Ye must be joking :L
    They all have nice qualities to their voice anyway. Yer man from AC/DC has no nice or enjoyable quality to his voice :L

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Yiz all forgoy yhat I'm great!

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭mightdomighty

'Our'... Referring to who exactly?

YOU.

• Advertisement

Seriously, there's always going to be a demand for money

Yes undoubtedly
    it's up to the banks whether they choose to take the risk of giving their money to you.

I'd still argue It's more important for those signing off on their loan to make sure they can honour repayments or face the consequences. Citing ignorance is a lame excuse. Anything the Goverment or banks do is secondary with regards to the blame game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Yes undoubtedly

I'd still argue It's more important for those signing off on their loan to make sure they can honour repayments or face the consequences. Citing ignorance is a lame excuse. Anything the Goverment or banks do is secondary with regards to the blame game.

People will always be idiots and if they are freely given money without the traditional checks and balances put in place they are going to be even bigger idiots. The problems we are faced with now are because the banks and the people running them were even bigger idiots.

I'm not absolving people of blame here - if you wildly overspent and you're now stuck with an enormous debt: suck it up, that's your fault. The fact of the matter is that the banks gave out money and loans that they shouldn't have which is what has crippled this country and left us with a legacy of debt our grandchildren will probably still be paying off. We can go around shaking our heads at the fact that people lost the run of themselves and surely some did but lets not lose sight of the fact that the source of the problem was the reckless lending policies of the banks and the total lack of regulation on the part of the banks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Demand that was also created by the banks. Banks set enormous sales targets every month for their staff and pre-approved massive loans for people on low incomes.
    I wanted to get a small bank loan of €600. I went into the bank and was shocked to find out that I was pre-approved for €10,000 :eek: I was only earning €300 a week at the time. Needless to say I didn't take out that much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Sean Quinn is a crook (expressed as an opinion in a pub in Fermanagh / Cavan).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

I'm quite taken by the old, now deeply unfashionable, Victorian adage: 'Children should be seen and not heard'.

(In an ideal world, obviously)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I'm quite taken by the old, now deeply unfashionable, Victorian adage: 'Children should be seen and not heard'.

Yes. I'm a big supporter of the "good crack on the arse" approach to parenting

I'd sleep wth my best friends sister

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

I'd sleep wth my best friends sister

Would anyone else?

Yes. I'm a big supporter of the "good crack on the arse" approach to parenting

The trouble with that approach to most people is that the people who use it don't use it properly. If used for the right reasons I see little problem with it but generally it's used for reasons such as some retarded parent letting a three year old run down the street, almost onto the road and the parent smacks them, it's the parent in the wrong there.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It'd be pretty miserable without all the hilarious **** kids say.

the source of the problem was the reckless lending policies of the banks and the total lack of regulation on the part of the banks.

I disagree. But this is the nature of the thread I guess :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Rick Astley? Ye must be joking :L
    They all have nice qualities to their voice anyway. Yer man from AC/DC has no nice or enjoyable quality to his voice :L

they're a rock group, not known for ballads but ear burstingly loud anthems, and they're fcuking great at it.

Would anyone else?

I'm sure they would

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Anyone who buys a box-set of Top Gear will never contribute anything of meaning or significance to this world.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Anyone who buys a box-set of Top Gear will never contribute anything of meaning or significance to this world.

Also anyone who buys a friends, lost, the office, glee or anything reality show related boxset is equally retarded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

Also anyone who buys a friends, lost, the office, glee or anything reality show related boxset is equally retarded

Anyone who buys any type of dvd is a retard,everything can be downloaded for free of the internet in probaly less time than it takes to walk to the shop and buy it.

Anyone who buys any type of dvd is a retard,everything can be downloaded for free of the internet in probaly less time than it takes to walk to the shop and buy it.

I bought the wire boxset.

S'all in the game yo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

You've missed the point of what we were both saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

talkinyite wrote: »
    I think taxes should be cut rather than increased, and that Ireland should get reparations from England, Fianna Fáil and the Church.

Hmmm, lower taxes and handouts, you sir should be running the country !

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I disagree. But this is the nature of the thread I guess :D

Fair enough. We can blame the greed of the people and man, did people get greedy. And stupid. But let's see… how did people finance that greed and stupidity? Oh yeah, it was because the banks were completely reckless with their lending. And when the **** hit the fan for the banks who stepped in and recklessly tied the bank debt to the country? That would be the reckless economic policies of our politicians.

Here is a good overview of the Irish meltdown and the banks and government involvement in it, if you can ignore the gentle mocking of Irishness that runs through it.

http://www.vanityfair.com/business/features/2011/03/michael-lewis-ireland-201103

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

I bought the wire boxset.

S'all in the game yo

The Wire is different,its the greatest show ever made.

Which is why I bought the boxset.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Not a patch on Rosemary & Thyme, mind

It'd be pretty miserable without all the hilarious **** kids say.

True, but some kids are c***s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Religious people *should* be inflicting their beliefs on atheists. They're trying to save our souls, dammit! Not to do so is like letting a blind man walk out in front of oncoming traffic.

Also vegetarians (who are so for moral reasons) should be inflicting their beliefs on us meat-eaters. If not... well do they think meat is murder or don't they!? If they do but aren't trying to convince the rest of us the same, well they are nothing but lazy ... er what's the word? Blind-eye-turners, whatever they are really called. Just like those people in the clergy who knew about the priests doing the abuse but said nothing... Sure they don't eat meat themselves, but they do stand by watching the rest of us slaughter animal after animal all the time knowing humans are capable of surviving without meat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement