Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

My 3rd-party Dreamcast memory-card just seized-up and deleted my entire catalogue of saved-games. Lovely stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    My 3rd-party Dreamcast memory-card just seized-up and deleted my entire catalogue of saved-games. Lovely stuff.

You have my condolences.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Managed to give all 77 C64 games I got the other day a good clean this evening (cases and tapes). Some had a thin layer of what looked like mould on the cases but a quick wipe with some window cleaner/natural vinegar cleaner mix and then some Febreze sorted them out. The tapes themselves seemed clean and mould free but I cleaned them anyway.

Nothing makes it into my main collection until its been cleaned and decontaminated :)

dsc1831b.jpg

Now, the testing to see what works and what doesn't begins.
    Again, some great games in this batch and I hope the ones I really wanted are working. All the soccer games can burn in hell for all I care.
    "Thunder Blade" and "Parallax", you're up first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

The most exciting part of the Steam sale is wondering what those little guys are building up in their tree fort in the background.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

insertcoinclothing are making bag replicas of Dreamcasts and Mega Drives, they also have the coolest Jet Set Radio Beat tee and Gum tee, but they're so expensive! put 3 tees in the basket and with shipping was close to €100 ||(¬ n¬)

DinoRex wrote: »
    The most exciting part of the Steam sale is wondering what those little guys are building up in their tree fort in the background.

Actually going back and looking at the previous backgrounds it looks like that evil black cat has gotten into the Freindship Fort and is up to no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

CKyRD.jpg

An Post, bunch of idiots!! :mad::mad:
    You arrange to be home to take delivery of 2 packages and pay the duty fee's and the show up with the smallest box and of course want full payment for both.
    Why are people so crap at their jobs?

On a brighter note, I have to have this :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Quite useless.

Amazing price for Witcher 2 if you don't already have it.

http://www.gog.com/en/promo/the_witcher_series__gem__promo/

It's the closest thing you'll ever get to a decent Game of Thrones game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,900 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's cheaper to buy both together :) I might have to give it a miss though. I still have the first game to beat and god knows when I'll get around to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Everyone vote for Driver San Francisco on Steam! I want it cheap, and they've had the rare decency to have a Mac port.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,900 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Everyone vote for Driver San Francisco on Steam! I want it cheap, and they've had the rare decency to have a Mac port.

I'll Need for Speed. It's your own fault for going for the hipster option. I also do want that game :P

For one minute I really did think it was going to seek out a table and flip it over.

I really miss Robot Wars.

I'm waiting for this vote:

JETdH.jpg

I'm waiting for this vote:

JETdH.jpg

:confused: Why would you post this??? I'm going to agonise over this all day now.

I'm not even a big Half Life fan, but by Odin I want something to give the brown coloured waste high wall filled misogyny screaming FPS genre a kick up the arse and move it forward. I'm having logical mule paralysis here.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'll Need for Speed. It's your own fault for going for the hipster option. I also do want that game :P

213742.png

Alas poor Ultimate.

(Yeah OK, I voted for Need For Speed too. But only because I've fond memories of The Need For Speed on Saturn and sour one's of Driv3r)

• Advertisement

Just a heads up to anyone wanting to grab some Sugru.
    You can get 50% off with the coupon code 50facebookjuly18 until midnight tonight.
    I just got some there and it works perfectly and postage was only about 2 Euro.

http://sugru.com/buy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

just bought 2 packs, cheers!

I KNEW IT!

That cat is a total prick... look what he's doing to the Friendship Fort on steam!

Tihs article on MGS 4 is probably the worst piece of pretentious horse**** I've ever read:

http://www.1up.com/features/sons-big-bucks-metal-gear

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The author has an MA in Poetry. A degree that, from what I've met, seen and read, actively rewards getting away with bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Following on from his obscure NES titles video, Mo' Fo' Mike is at it again with top ten obscure SNES titles

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

a5y wrote: »
    213742.png

Alas poor Ultimate.

(Yeah OK, I voted for Need For Speed too. But only because I've fond memories of The Need For Speed on Saturn and sour one's of Driv3r)
    The steam sale is killing me!
    have..to..check ..every...few..hours
    at this stage the only one I'm looking out for is oblivion, which missed out on the vote by 1 freakin percent
    plus I keep getting a weird urge to buy that train simulator thing....
    Thief 13 is up there at the mo cheap if anyone doesnt have them

EnterNow wrote: »
    Following on from his obscure NES titles video, Mo' Fo' Mike is at it again with top ten obscure SNES titles

It was no where near as good. Knew all of those games unlike his NES one which had quite a few new ones to me. It's also got a ciderman scaring amount of capcom belt scrolling beat em ups :)

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It was no where near as good. Knew all of those games unlike his NES one which had quite a few new ones to me. It's also got a ciderman scaring amount of capcom belt scrolling beat em ups :)

I think by the time the SNES launched Nintendo's marketing machine in the US had gotten its act together so there really were far less obscure US SNES games to pick from. Ruling out obscure PAL region stuff didn't make sense to me though. I mean, sure there's huge language and culture barrier between the US and Japanese stuff, but why's he rule out stuff that's available in the English language when its all equally available on eBay? That's just silly.

And is Rock & Roll Racing obscure? I certainly know it, and there are tons of SNES games I'm not familiar with. Maybe it sold poorly in the US.

• Advertisement

Dr Bob wrote: »
    The steam sale is killing me!
    have..to..check ..every...few..hours
    at this stage the only one I'm looking out for is oblivion, which missed out on the vote by 1 freakin percent
    plus I keep getting a weird urge to buy that train simulator thing....
    Thief 13 is up there at the mo cheap if anyone doesnt have them

I got the Train Sim along with the Zombie DLC for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement